The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Star Wars --> Star Wars: Patterns of Deception
Parent thread: SW Patterns of Deception Q & A
GM for this game: Cap'n Lou
Players for this game: Grugg, YeOlde, Reralae, Loki
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Star Wars: Patterns of Deception
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Grugg
Mun is Fandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 356/190
6171 Posts


BY THE RANCOR OF SATAN!

It been a good day when Lysander had first sauntered in to Klebb' Cantina, all things considered. He was alive, he was not under reas and he was not attracting too much interest. He preferred Klebb's over the other cantinas on Dathu, something about being independant stirred something inside him, and staff was even friendly, leaving him alone with a mere request. He leaned casually back against the bar, his gaze directed at the transit ship landing not far from the cantina.

"Some more people coming to waste their lives away..." he muttered under his breath. Probably more miners. Rather boring, but hopefully they had some credits. Down-on-their-luck miners had a habit of gambling, and Lysander had a habit of relieving them of their credits when they did.

Lysander's gaze moved over to the figures already waiting on the landing platform. There were a good distance away, but their attire marked them as something special. Lysander leaned forward a bit, focusing on the pair.

"Jedi!?" he said, a little louder than he wanted to. "What in the world are they doing here?"
His question was answered rather quickly, and loudly, when a massive blast ripped across the landing pad and the transit ship. Lysander could feel the heat where he sat, and could only imagine what those onboard had felt. While he sat for a moment in shock he saw one of the jedi rush aboard, while others did their best to put out the flames.

For himself, Lysander that a moment longer, his jaw hanging low in shock while the other patrons of the cantina rushed towards the window. It was perhaps because he stay'd behind that he noticed the pair of Arcona that had casually entered durign the commotion. Unlike everyone else they seemed undisturbed by the commotion and talked hurriedly to each other as they lazily viewed the scene.

Lysander has spent his life around shady characters, and he could pick them out with the best of them. The uncaring attitude of the pair suggested something about them was amiss, and Lysander would do his best to figure out what it was. Who knows...maybe there would even be some sort of chance to garner some credits out of this...

(OOC: Going over to try to listen in.)


Posted on 2008-05-06 at 17:43:16.

Cap'n Lou
Resident
Karma: 26/9
210 Posts


Crisis Averted!

As Si-Di lowers the two unconscious pilots to the ground, she is suddenly aided by two employee's of Klebbs, who have rushed out to the burning ship to aid in the rescue attempt.

Using a high-pressure hose and several more extinguishers, the workers quickly move to contain the fire, warning everyone back, as the fuel tanks still ran the risk of exploding at any moment.

"Finally," Cern Namor exclaims, stroking his beard. "The cavalry."

Klebb himself dashes outside from the cantina, heading towards the survivors of the accident, shouting for his workers to get everyone injured inside as soon as possible and to contain the fire. "Take all the injured to the back room and start first aid!" he shouts. He then turns to Kavtan, who has moved away from the fire at the request of the other employees.

"This is the last thing we need, Kavtan!"

"They might be impressed by our hospitality. By the way, you don't expect me to tune that thing up anymore, do you? It'd be an easy fix if not for the giant hole in it."

Klebb merely shakes his head. "Looks like scrap metal to me, Kav. I have to attend to these survivors and make sure everyone has food and drink. I trust that Mr. Namor will attend to the ambassadors?"

Namor simply nodded, and Klebb and his employees led the injured into the cantina. Meanwhile, the fire had all but died. Kavtan, the three Jedi and Cern Namor began walking down the landing area to the opposite side of where the explosion occurred.

"A disaster," Namor grumbles. "I came here to greet you, but it seems I must offer my condolences as well. I'm sorry for the loss of your master, madame Jedi. However, I must ask, why have you two Jedi come? Has the chancellor doubled the number of ambassadors he was sending?"

"No," Master Arkana responds. She gestures towards Ninkanna. "My apprentice and I are here on a secret mission; we had no idea negotiations were about to occur, but given the chain of events, I'm glad we were here."

"There's much to talk about, but here is not the time or the place," Cern Namor responds. "Come to Rhetti Hall tonight. You are all invited - including you," (he points at Kavtan). "Your heroics helped avert that crisis. In any case, the negotiations are scheduled to begin tomorrow. We will dine tonight at Rhetti Hall and discuss the situation. Good day to you all..."

And with that, the noble walks off.

---

Meanwhile, inside Klebb's, Lysander edges closer to the two Arcona, trying to hear their conversation. Confident in his ability to spot two scoundrels, he listens in to the two Arcona, who are speaking basic. Upon closer inspection, it seems that one of them is speaking into a communicator of some kind.

"No!" the first one says, frustrated. "The bomb went off but..." (he glances around, but misses Lysander) "Only one Jedi ate it...and there's two more."

Someone on the other end speaks in an unidentified language - it's hard to hear over the commotion, as several injured are now being ushered into the cantina. The two Arcona, oblivious, make way from the foot traffic and walk closer to Lysander, allowing him to hear more easily.

"I don't know!" the Arcona speaking into the transmitter says, irritated. "How am I supposed to know that?"

The second Arcona is more frightening, bearing a disfiguring scar that mars his face from below his right eye to his chin; he suddenly tugs the sleeve of his companion, who ignores him.

"I'm not crazy," he says. "Do you think I've got a death wish..."

Suddenly, his companion with the scar tugs on his sleeve again, gesturing towards Lysander. The two of them glance at each other, then the first Arcona shuts off his communicator, and they both walk towards Lysander.

"You lookin' at something, warm-blood?" the scarred Arcona spat.

(Good job to all our firefighters. I'll put up a status report on the Q&A thread with info about remaining vitality points, etc. in a bit)


Posted on 2008-05-06 at 21:32:13.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Aftermath

Si-Di was relieved when the two employees took the two unconscious pilots from her. She moved away from the ship and felt like collapsing to the landing pad. She felt totally drained by the experience; not only had she used a lot of force energy during the escape but she had received some injuries in the form of minor burns from her dash through the flames to get to the cockpit. The loss of her Master also weighed heavily upon her and she had to steel herself to keep from breaking down right here and crying.

The Cerean staggered away from the ship and looked around and was startled to see two other Jedi; in the excitement of the escape she had not sensed them and she also wasn’t expecting them. She moved slowly over to the two and nodded her head to them, her fatigue clearly visible on her smoky, sweaty face.

“I am Si-Di,” She introduced herself, “I am … I was Master Allum’s Padawan.” Her voice slightly hoarse and she coughed from some smoke she had inhaled. “My Master… is dead!” She finally slipped the strap on her bag over her head and let the bag drop to the ground as she sighed with some relief.

(OOC: Room for introductions here)

Si-Di let Master Arkana speak with the man called Namor and she only nodded her thanks to him when he invited them all to a dinner tonight. She didn’t much feel like eating right now, but she would probably be hungry later once the shock of the sudden death of her master began to lessen.

She had only been his padawan a short while, and this was her first assignment with him. She had come to respect the old Zabrak and his stern unrelenting ways. Being a analytical person herself she too saw the need for stern discipline and decorum in their line of work.

After the man left she turned again to Master Arkana picking up her bag from the landing pad she looked about towards where the now extinguished ship sat.

“We should attend to Master Allum’s body,” she said with a quivering voice, “if there is anything left.. We should see that it is returned to the Academy.”


Posted on 2008-05-06 at 23:48:23.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Sorrow

Ninkanna turns and smiles comfortingly at Si-Di, "My full name is Ninkanna Sori, but people usually just call me Anna."

Inside, however, Ninkanna finds that she doesn't quite understand fully just what Si-Di is feeling. She hadn't encountered loss such as this before, and so she couldn't really think of anything to say or do to comfort her. Still, she feels like doing something... yet nothing comes to her mind.

Ninkanna's violet eyes examine Si-Di, seeing how worn or hurt she was. Perhaps healing the body would aid in easing the sorrow she felt... Inwardly, Ninkanna sighs; she hadn't really learned how to heal other people yet.

"Are you... alright?" Ninkanna finds herself asking Si-Di, much to her surprise.

"I mean," She quickly amends, "are you hurt at all? Were you injured inside that shuttle?"

Ninkanna's voice is gentle and kind, and in her eyes can be seen concern for this other padawan.


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 02:52:38.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Kavtan Cleentor

"Whist we are introducing ourselves my name is Kavtan Cleentor, unfortunately I believe your assassin is still here. That bomb was targeted at you and your master and set of with accuracy."
Kavtan says facing the Jedi named Si-Di
"The only place a person could hide is here is in the cantina, I suggest you cordon it off and interrogate the customers, I'll talk to my employer about it and see that you have an appropriate room to conduct any questions in."
Having given this advice he felt a load of his shoulders but there is still a killer on the lose.

He knew the city administrator well and it was good to see him again, good to see him healthy of all things, the only neutral person with a seat in the government. And his job was a large one, although the city was divided it still needed one sewer system, one power grid, one maintenance team and so on.

He thought about the meal with the Jedi, either he was going up or everyone else was coming down, he hoped as few people as possible knew about the meal for obvious reasons and chuckled to himself about a joke he daunt not speak.


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 15:44:57.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Killers.. still lurking about....

Si-Di nodded her head to the introductions of everyone and then turned to look again at the ship wreckage wondering about Master Allum’s body. She didn’t even know if there was anything left from the explosion but if there was she wished to take it back to the Academy so that they could perhaps send it back to his homeworld and family, if he had any.

"Are you... alright?" Ninkanna finds herself asking Si-Di, much to her surprise.

"I mean," She quickly amends, "are you hurt at all? Were you injured inside that shuttle?"

Si-Di turned back to the other padawan and then looked at her own body, she did have several minor burns which stung her quiet a bit and probably needed medical attention.

“I sustained some minor burns from the flames,” she stated calmly, “I will seek aid after the other passengers are tended to.” Her own pain at the moment was minor; she calmed herself with Jedi meditation trick which tended to ease her pain to only a dull throbbing.

"Whist we are introducing ourselves my name is Kavtan Cleentor, unfortunately I believe your assassin is still here. That bomb was targeted at you and your master and set of with accuracy." Kavtan says facing the Jedi named Si-Di

"The only place a person could hide is here is in the cantina, I suggest you cordon it off and interrogate the customers, I'll talk to my employer about it and see that you have an appropriate room to conduct any questions in."

Si-Di whirled her head to look at the man named Kavtan then turned her gaze to look at the cantina to which he was referring.

“You think the bombers are still here?” She asked while looking at the door to this place he had pointed out.

She hadn’t even thought of that; she thought the bomb had been set ahead of time and not knowing much about the subject now that the man might be correct and someone had been watching to set off the explosion at the right time.

She ‘reached out’ with her Jedi powers (Empathy) trying to gauge the feelings of anyone inside the cantina. She searched especially for any guilty feelings or any other emotions that would point towards someone who had set off the bomb that had killed her Master.

“Perhaps we should go look,” the Cerean said scooping up her bag and slinging it again around her shoulders as she started towards the cantina, all the time trying to sense the emotions of those within. If the guilty party were inside and saw a Jedi approaching they would probably feel some apprehension and maybe even attempt to escape.



Posted on 2008-05-07 at 17:40:31.

Cap'n Lou
Resident
Karma: 26/9
210 Posts


Master Arkana

"I sustained some minor burns from the flames," she stated calmly, "I will seek aid after the other passengers are tended to."
Master Janis Arkana bows slightly to Si-Di.

"I knew Master Allum, but I didn't know he was coming to this world. I didn't expect to him standing in the threshold of this shuttle...and I didn't expect that to be the last time I saw him. I feel for your loss. But I sense that the force in strong you, Si-Di. Use the force, use it to make yourself at peace." She places her hand on Si-Di's shoulder. "Just as Master Zen Allum is now at peace, a part of the Force."

Master Arkana then listens to Kavtan's introduction, then introduces herself and her padawan to him. "I thank you for your bravery, Kavtan. Without your aid, the fire may have engulfed the engines and resulted in many more deaths."

Master Janis Arkana turns to Si-Di, detected her using the force to search the feelings of those in the cantina. "Do you sense anything, young apprentice?"

Si-Di stretches out with her feelings, but the feelings of others in the cantina, namely the survivors of the blast, are very powerful. Fear and confusion are the main emotions hit Si-Di and she's unable to sift out one emotion from another. Master Arkana looks pensive, then also looks in the direction of the cantina, stretching out with her feelings. "I doubt we'll be able to sense anything with all the commotion in there," she says. She looks about, as if trying to gather herself. It seems as though she's coming up with a plan.

Master Arkana then turns to Kavtan. "You've been of great help so far. This world is unknown to us, and your knowledge could be of help. Since you're coming to Rhetti Hall tonight to meet with Mr. Namor, could we consider you our ally?"

(I'm assuming Kavtan will say yes, but I don't want to answer for him).

Master Arkana turns back to Si-Di and Ninkanna. "I understand some kind of peace talks are going to occur here, Si-Di. If that is your mission, my padawan is now your partner in this. You shouldn't have to bear this burden alone, and I think you may need the help, considering how dangerous your mission has been thus far. In any case, Si-Di, you've exerted yourself enough already.

"Anna, I suggest you go to the cantina and see if you can find anything or anyone suspicious. Meanwhile, I will try to find lodging for Si-Di and ourselves, so that we might have a base of operations here."

Before Ninkanna leaves, Master Arkana pulls her aside. "Si-Di must have help in her mission, and the one we're looking for is far too dangerous for you to take him on alone. Therefore, from now on, you and Si-Di are working together. We'll try to remain together, but it's imperative that you and Si-Di complete her mission; I will complete ours."


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 18:32:16.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Kavtan

Turning inquisitively to Si-Di he wonders what she could be doing, evedently it was some Jedi skill and beyond his abilities but it soon came clear when Jedi Master Janis asked his question of her. He was pleased to have the thanks of Jedi Master Janis and pleased to receive and invitation, Si-Di would be sensing a feeling of relief and pleasure if she was focusing on him.
"I would be honored to join and eat with you Master Arkana, your apprentice and Si-Di for a meal with Cern Namor and it would seem that I would be able to assist you in your purpose here as you have asked me for my help."
He was almost glowing at being reconised as a possible ally by Jedi Master Janis Arkana, it was also evident that Kavtan was extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about the mining companies.
"Please, use my house as a base of operations, I do not know what these might be but it is away from praying ears or bugs. As for accommodations if you can't find anywhere you may also stay at mine but I only have one bed."

Thinking over what the Jedi master had said to Si-Di and Ninkanna he asked a few questions of his own of the Jedi master.
"Shall I go with Si-Di and Ninkanna to assist them or would you rather I provided you with assistance for the time being? Also, do you Si-Di or your apprentice speak Durese? It is a less common language and would be best if we could communicate in it?"
He already knew the answer to the first question, it just felt important to ask for some reason, there was a motive behind the second question, and that was 'Do any of you understand the insult I shouted just a minute ago?'


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 20:06:41.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Can I Heal? I Wonder...

Ninkanna nods to her master, but there is something she wants to do first. She closes her eyes, and once again, in her mind's eye, she can tentatively see the ripples of the Force. She raises her hand, and senses the waves that ripple from its motion. How do you heal? Ninkanna wonders, knowing how she rejuvenates herself, but at a loss when it comes to another individual. Testing the waters, she concentrates, causing the ocean to ripple at her hand, until she is holding a small wave at it. She carefully reaches forward, seeing the ripples that mark where Si-Di is, and touches her shoulder. The wave is released, washing through Si-Di's form. Ninkanna opens her eyes and takes back her hand, seeing if that did it.

(Attempted Heal Other; Ninkanna smiles if it worked)

Ninkanna then casually walks over to the cantina after saying, "Alright, I'll take a look."


Posted on 2008-05-07 at 23:17:06.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


A time to heal.. and interrogate...

Si-Di stopped to listen to Master Arkana’s words regarding the death of her Master and bowed her head at the more experienced woman’s wisdom. The fear of losing someone close to you was a emotion that could lead to darker elements and so could dealing with the remorse of losing that person. She steeled herself within the force as Master Arkana suggested.

“You are right, Master Arkana,” Si-Di stated calmly, “I will do so.”

Master Janis Arkana turns to Si-Di, detected her using the force to search the feelings of those in the cantina. "Do you sense anything, young apprentice?"
“There is a great turbulence of emotions in there,” Si-Di says shaking her head, “Everyone seems nervous… I guess it is to be expected.. but perhaps a closer investigation would reveal more.”

Master Arkana turns back to Si-Di and Ninkanna. "I understand some kind of peace talks are going to occur here, Si-Di. If that is your mission, my padawan is now your partner in this. You shouldn't have to bear this burden alone, and I think you may need the help, considering how dangerous your mission has been thus far. In any case, Si-Di, you've exerted yourself enough already.
“I had not thought to undertake my mission without my Master,” The Cerean says softly, “but I must give it a try… I can only succeed or fail.” Turning to Ninkanna she bows her head to the Cathar.

“I welcome any assistance you can give me,” she says with a smile, “but first perhaps we can both question some of the people in that cantina and see if anyone knows anything of interest.”

She turned to Kavtan when he spoke to Master Arkana, "Shall I go with Si-Di and Ninkanna to assist them or would you rather I provided you with assistance for the time being? Also, do you Si-Di or your apprentice speak Durese? It is a less common language and would be best if we could communicate in it?"
Si-Di speaks up to both the Jedi Master and Kavtan, “I you do not need him Master Arkana, I think he would be of great benefit to us in helping questions people about the explosion.” She let the Master decide.

After the Master answers, Si-Di turns to head towards the cantina with Ninkanna when she feels the padawan drawing upon the force; she stops and looks at her and listens to the force. She can feel without really trying that the woman is pulling in healing energy and when she reaches out to Si-Di she remains still. Her eyes close for a couple seconds as she feels the energy of the force flow from Ninkanna into her body and lets the warm feeling flow through her.

(Whether she is successful or not)

Si-Di opens her eyes and smiles at Ninkanna, “Thank you!”

The Cerean then follows Ninkanna into the cantina keeping her eyes open for anything suspicious or anyone who appears to be trying to flee. Entering the place she looks at everyone there and then smiles slightly trying to break the tension she can feel in the air even without the force.

“I am Si-Di,” She says in a comforting and non-threatening tone, “I would like to ask you all some questions if I may regarding the explosion that took place just a little while ago which claimed the life of a Jedi Master.”



Posted on 2008-05-08 at 20:37:04.

Cap'n Lou
Resident
Karma: 26/9
210 Posts


bleeblorbeebloo

Master Arkana studies the Duros, then looks to the two padawan learners.

"Yes, this local may be of help to you in investigating that incident. But if the culprits are in the cantina, they will attempt to flee; you must be quick. Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can secure lodging for us - it's clear to me that we'll need a base of operations that has living space for all three of us. I'll contact you, Anna, when I find something suitable."

Master Arkana waves goodbye to the trio and turns to go, heading towards the main street that runs through Dom-Rhett. She walks into a patch of steam billowing up from a vent on the ground, and disappears on her way off the landing pad.

Ninkanna turns to Si-Di. Testing the waters, she concentrates, causing the ocean to ripple at her hand, until she is holding a small wave at it. She carefully reaches forward, seeing the ripples that mark where Si-Di is, and touches her shoulder. The wave is released, washing through Si-Di's form. Ninkanna opens her eyes and takes back her hand, seeing if that did it.
Unfortunately, Si-Di doesn't feel much of anything, except the good intentions of Anna. "Thank you," she says, regardless, thankful for the attempt.

(OOC: Sorry, healing another requires the alter feat; however, Si-Di isn't hurt very badly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem).

The three enter the cantina, glancing about for any sign of suspicious activity. The hustle and bustle of the cantina is in full-force. Several people have been lifted onto the bar so that they can lie down as their injuries are treated. The bartender is running back and forth with wet rags and water for the injured. Klebb is speaking to one of the pilots, a Sullustan, who is holding a steak to his forehead. It is utter confusion. Several of the patrons, who were initially interested by the commotion, are now annoyed and beginning to filter out of the bar.

Si-Di, Ninkanna and Kavtan all study the place, then Si-Di finally says,

“I am Si-Di. I would like to ask you all some questions if I may regarding the explosion that took place just a little while ago which claimed the life of a Jedi Master.”
She is met with grumbles by some, total indifference by others. Some are too busy to bother, others are irritated at being told they're going to be questioned after just being knocked off their feet by an explosion.

The Sullustan bartender, who is nearby, sighs. "Probably not the best time, gal," he mutters, on his way to bring water to some of the injured. "You may have to wait awhile."

The group continues to scan the bar.

Meanwhile, nearer to the far wall, near the window, Lysander Orda is engaged in a tense confrontation with two Arcona...

(OCC: Grugg said he'd have his sheet in and post by today, so no further posting until then. I'd like to resolve his situation before we move on.)


Posted on 2008-05-09 at 20:39:49.

Grugg
Mun is Fandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 356/190
6171 Posts


Indeed

"You lookin' at something, warm-blood?" the scarred Arcona spat.

Lysander did not want to hear that. He was kind of hoping to not be noticed. These Arcona just set off a bomb, they tried to kill Jedi. Killing a jedi was certainly much harder than killing him, Lysander knew that. Yet here he was, trapped in a corner of a cantina by some ugly and angry looking terrorists. Maybe today wasn't such a good day.

"I was uh..." Lysander fumbled for words for a moment before inspiration struck. Giving a quick look out the window at the jedi and judging the distance he made a quick decision as to how he was going to get out of this one.

"Banthas' Balls look another one!" he shouted, pointing directly behind the two Arcona (OOC: Please work bluff check) before taking a quick kick at the lead one's crotch.

Hoping his distraction would work, he made quick dive for the door, hoping that if he could just get clear of teh cantina the jedi would have to see him, or hear him...or something. Hopefully the jedi would be able to help, and maybe they'd even appreciate his newfound knowledge.

Appreciate, as in pay him for it.


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 00:29:59.

Cap'n Lou
Resident
Karma: 26/9
210 Posts


Bluff Check...+9...+3...heh, the Arcona don't have a chance.

"Wuh?"

The first Arcona, who had been speaking into him comlink, turns and looks, prompting his companion to look as well. "Another Jedi?!" the second, scarred Arcona said, betraying his fear. The pair quickly realized the deception, however, and turn back around. This time, the scarred Arcona draws his blaster...only to be met with a kick in the crotch.

Fortunately for Lysander, it seemed that this species kept their gentials in at least approximately the same region as his. The alien keeled over, letting out an "Oof!" and nearly loosing his balance.

As Lysander jumps up and dives for the door, the two Jedi and Kavtan witness the situation.

"Jedi!" the first Arcona shouts, snatching the blaster away from his 'incapacitated' partner.

He looks like he's about to take aim at one of the Jedi, when the scarred Arcona knocks his hand down. "You idiot!" he says audibly. Soon all eyes in the cantina are on the two aliens; the lead Arcona aims his blaster at the ceiling and fires two times, then blasts out the window.

The two make a mad dash for the window...


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 01:58:20.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Not so Fast...

Ninkanna's ears twitch as soon as the sound of the commotion crosses the cantina. Her violet eyes glance over and pierce the crowd, seeing the two Arcona. Her gaze isn't disdainful, her gaze isn't judging, and her gaze isn't wrathful. She just views the two, matter of factly. They will try to run, of course; it is to be expected. Yet, they ran without shooting. That was bizarre. Another thought to be thought about later.

Ninkanna pulls out her comlink in her left hand, "Master, if you're still outside, there's two Arcona that seem to be in a hurry; I not sure that I can catch them in time." She says into the comlink, running to try to intercept the two, while drawing one lightsaber in her other hand.

The lightsaber... a weapon. Yes, it is that, but it can also be a shield, and that's what Ninkanna feels as she draws it, not to attack the Arcona, but to defend if they fire at them. Regardless, they wouldn't be able to answer questions if they were felled in combat anyway.


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 06:33:53.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Kavtan Cleentor

As they enter the cantina a fight breaks out in the back corner, the man he had seen earlier had attacked two Arcona. He had distracted them by making out a Jedi was behind them and then kicked the first in the crotch. He had keeled over drawing a blaster as the second snatched it from him, he used the thing to smash the windows and burn the roof, probably hoping it would collapse. Then the pair made there exit out the smashed window, there was little Kavtan could do, he couldn't draw his own blaster in time to shoot and stun them but besides that it would be frowned upon by the Ninkanna and Si-Di, best let them deal with this, for the love of all things knowledgeable why didn't they carry buzz batons, he had redubbed stun batons as buzz batons due to the sound they make and how they feel when you get hit by one.

Honestly Kavtan found it perplexing why an enforcer of the peace used a weapon, lightsabers are only designed to kill, as are all other weapons but buzz batons, he mused watching Ninkanna chase after the two Arcona. He supposed he better go after them, he drew his buzz baton, fired it up and began the chase after the Jedi and the two Arcona. Klebb would not be pleased, he banned the use of all weapons in his restaurant and he had lost and entire transport today, all in all trade looked worse then during the war.


Posted on 2008-05-10 at 08:34:40.
Edited on 2008-05-10 at 09:19:28 by Loki

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.