The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: t_catt11, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Odyson)Destiny Flight - QnA
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Legacy of the Shade Lord
Related thread: D&D 3.5: Legacy of the Shade Lord
Related thread: Legacy of the Shade Lord Q&A
GM for this game: Shaithis
Players for this game: Oko, stryke, Hammer, Deucalion, whitinator, Szordrin, EvolutionJ, Fix_it_Joe
    Messages in The Legacy of the Shade Lord
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Shaithis
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 10/0
194 Posts


Outside the Broken Tankard, Sodgrove

The bartender Yissu scarcely has time to turn his head before the pale elf vaults down the steps and out the door. His eyes follow her out, and then a crashing from upstairs again causes him to whirl around just in time to be spun back around by a half shaven and wet Torigad bolting past him. Tellanth calmly takes a step to the window and peers out, then leans out pretty far and looks right.

Just as Snowlily bursts out of the door with Torigad right behind, a charcoal skinned elf zips past, dropping her backpack and bedroll by the door of the inn without slowing down.

Ixion curses from within the inn and steps out, fresh battle scar on his face.

Just about everyone is slightly disoriented for a moment except T'puuli. Coming from a well lit and warm tavern into a very dark rainy and cold environment will have that effect. As all eyes turn to the south of the village, it is certain that the source of the screaming is coming from that burning barn. T'puuli is closest, then Snowlily, then Torigad, then Ixion, then Tellanth as he is still inside and technically brings up the rear.
((Post in any order... I'm going to try an idea I had... determining order of initiative by reply order... I will reply again whenever everyone replies in character... that seems to be the most compelling method to ensure speedy combats. I'll wait up to 24 hours before continuing, but if everyone posts before then, I'll reply faster.




Posted on 2008-05-20 at 14:22:53.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


T'puuli Drathir'anon

The Burning Barn

T’puuli seeing the source of the scream will still follow them. Pulling her wet hood completely over her head she will enter the barn to extract the lady who is screaming.

(Fyi her quarterstaff is in her one hand, easier to run that way)


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 14:48:12.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


SODGRAVE -TORIGAD

Torigad ran full pelt bypassing the snow white elf and running into the barn whilst hastily slinging lightbringer on his back next to the waraxe. Straight into the barn he ran regardless of his safety to save this damsel in distress.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 17:02:01.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Ixion - Sodgrove: Outside Broken Tankard

Ixion's shoulders sink slightly when discovers the source and probable reason fo the screaming. He casually makes his way over to the burning builing replacing the dagger somewhere up his sleeve and watching the rooftops and alleyways more than the conflagration at the center of most everyone else's attention.
((Sleight of Hand to hide the weapon))

Hopefully, this arsonist is stupid enough to stay and watch his work. ((Spot or search checks on possible hiding places that would also be good vantage points for viewing the blaze))


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 17:47:00.

Szordrin
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
12 Posts


Tellanth - Sodgrove

Seeing the fire down the street Tellanth moves outside following the rest of the of the patrons of the Inn. As he moves closer to the fire, He stops and asks any onlookers if they saw anything, what the building is ((house, store, whatever)), what is going on in general.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 18:04:54.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Manuhol the Monk

Somewhere in a secluded place on the outskirts of town, one Manuhol the Monk was holding a one-sided conversation with Chronepsis [god of time] concerning Seifu ...

"Chronepsis ... oh 'Watcher of Time' ... did you witness the demise of Seifu ... did his dragon statue melt ... or crumble ... before your unblinking eyes ... or did it merely fade away ... into nothingness ... on that infamous ... ignoble day ... when ..."
The piercing screams of a woman cut through the air like a hot knife through butter ... disrupting the prayerful meditation of Manuhol the Monk ...

... who then calmly arises and purposefully follows the echoes of her wails ... for you see ... Faith seldom ever gets in a hurry!


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 20:29:35.

whitinator
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
24 Posts


Snowlilly

Snowlilly hastily but cautiously follows Torigad.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 20:38:01.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Ixion - Sodgrove: Near the Burning Barn

Seeing no one fleeing the scene, Ixion sheathes his rapier and enjoys the spectacle of dancing flames and curious onlookers.
Amazing how everyone wants to see whats happening but no one wants to help extinguish the flames.
The thin man takes note of one in the crowd with more interest in the blaze than most. He had run from the Tankard and started asking if anyone had see anything or knew about what was inside the barn.

Ixion makes his way through the gathering crowd to the inquisitive man. "We didn't see anyone running away with a lit torch and jug of oil, if that's what you mean. Actually, we didn't see anything at all. Everyone was inside when the scream was heard; it's just an assumption that it came from inside there and is related to the fire at all."

After explaining the situation, Ixion turns back to face the fire and watch it destructive beauty.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 20:52:34.

Shaithis
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 10/0
194 Posts


The burning barn

Inside the burning barn, Sodgrove
The sixteenth day of Elmonth; noon eclipse

The barn is fully ablaze. As T'puuli enters, she is beset on all sides by flame and smoke. Prepared for the smoke, she hastily searches the contents of the barn and finds a young girl, mayhap 15 summers old, bound to a post behind the hay as Torigad bursts in.

Unprepared for the entire inside of the barn to be filled with fire, Torigad gasps at the heat and inhales a lungful of noxious smoke. The foul breath of Gagazet (smoke from fire) causes Torigad to choke and cough violently.

Snowlily cautiously enters the barn and is as surprised as Torigad at the sudden heat and smoke. She coughs and chokes in a most feminine and delicate manner.



Posted on 2008-05-20 at 20:54:00.

Shaithis
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 10/0
194 Posts


Outside the burning barn

Ixion interrupts Tellanth's questions to an old man, and the old man shakes his head. Manuhol arrives in the slowly gathering crowd, and takes note of the other two people out here who are very obviously not from around here.

"Actually, m'lord, it were..." his comment is suddenly cut off as the sound of men shouting and clashing weapons arises from the east of town.

((the other three can't hear it from inside the barn))


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 20:57:26.
Edited on 2008-05-20 at 21:01:28 by Shaithis

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Ixion - Sodgrove: Near the Burning Barn

"Sorry old man, mayhap you can tell your stories later..." Ixion leaves the burning building and runs in the direction of battle, hoping that he'll finally be able to do something. Finally! Except for the clash with the dwarf, this trip was about to become a waste of time.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 21:09:14.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


Inside the Burning barn SODGROVE- Torigad

Torigad coughed and spluttered making him blush in front of the pale, but beautiful elf, he called out to the noise "Dont worry, I am coming to...*cough* help you, call out *cough* again so i can find you *cough*." Torigad burst through the flames looking for some hapless girl being burned alive he would whisk her up in his arms and take her to safety making him the hero.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 21:22:37.

Szordrin
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
12 Posts


Tellanth - Sodgrove - Outside the Burning Barn

As the human with the hidden knives ((Ixion)) runs towards the sounds of battle, Tellanth lets out a long sigh and begins muttering something unintelligible while holding his body in a very contorted shape ((2 rounds casting expeditious retreat and resistance)) Then, out of no where, he takes off at an incredible speed into the burning barn.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 21:39:26.

whitinator
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
24 Posts


Snowlilly

Snowlilly gets down on her hands and knees in the dooray to see if she can spot the girl.


Posted on 2008-05-20 at 21:49:25.

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


T'puuli Drathir'anon

Inside The Burning barn

Upon seeing the girl, T’puuli will sling her staff onto her back pull out a dagger and cut the girl loose. She will then pick her up and run out of the barn, As she passes by a human male and a female elf she will yell “Get OUT!!, this place is lost” and exits the barn.

Once she is outside she will pass the girl to one of the bystanders and tell them to get the girl to a healer or wise woman right away. T’puuli will then turn to see if the other two got out of the barn.


Posted on 2008-05-21 at 02:19:03.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.