The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Reralae, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Free form RPGs --> Sci Fi --> Star Trek: Discovery
Related thread: Star Trek: Discovery - Q&A
Related thread: Star Trek: Discovery - the relaunch (recruitment)

This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Star Trek: Discovery
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6319 Posts


Bob chips in

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery, Main Engineering– 1400ish hrs

JACKDUDE!”

MacTavish started at the sound of his name – sort of. The attachment of dude revealed who was speaking long before the Scotsman saw the blue dreadlocks and the yellowish skin of Lt. Bob N’Doog. He had been walking along with a PADD in hand when he spotted Jack.

“H’lo Bob,” Jack nodded. Something about the Catullan computer wiz always brought a grin to his face. “How’re ye, lad?”

“Doing Dandy and that ain’t Candy. But I’ve been hearing tales of woe about you dude! Fists flying, face bashing and other assorted violent imagery.”

“Aye,” Jack nodded… Gads, but waird travels fast roun’ ‘ere… “Well …”

“Don’t be splaining, cause the Bobster doesn’t need it. Not the judge nor the jury and sure ain't into execution. I’m in your corner, dude, and there for you in a pinch, without a hinch. You need an ear, or a shoulder, then I am fully tuned into you without the rules and regulations, dig?” Bob’s voice took a whispering conspiring tone, “Come to my pad and I’ll get Shelia to give you a backrub. Nothing like it in the 'verse, dude, trust me.”

The Scot arched a brow and couldn’t help but chuckle at that. “A backrub, is it,” he grinned, “I’ll be sure ta keep tha’ in mind, Bob lad. I cannae say tha’ Chan’d approve ev’n ef Shiela is a computer,” he clapped a hand on the man’s shoulder, “Thank ye fer th’ offer, though.”

Bob turned to walk away, “Got to fly. The Commanderdude needs to see this report, so I better get a crackin or I’ll be packin.” The Catullan left Jack behind, all the while making a tapping gesture at his comm. Badge and mouthing “call me”.



Posted on 2006-10-19 at 09:29:00.

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 455/28
8015 Posts


~Skip, skip, skip to m'post...~

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery; Corridor outside the observation lounge – 1106

“Aye, lass,” he nodded, reluctantly letting Chantelle slip from his grasp, “et’s a date.” Let’s ‘ope tha’ th’ day dinnae run away wi’ th’ both of us, though, aye? Else et mebbe a later date. As nice as that little stolen moment had been, Jack knew that there was quite a bit to be done and quite a few issues to address before he would have the time to actually let his mind slip away from work. Even more certain than that, though, was that his briefing surely put more concerns about him in the minds of Blair and Gavison and, considering the events of the past twelve hours or so, the Discovery’s CTO had to prioritize a number of things above alone time with Chan, regardless of how centered and peaceful that time made him feel.

Time ta bite tha’ bullet, Jack-lad, he sighed inwardly as Chantelle disappeared from the corridor, Ef yer gonna make yer amends an’ get this theng turned aboot ye’ve gotta get tha’ talk wi’ th’ Counselor oota th’ scope. He turned his gaze towards the door at the end of the hall that Arevaci had passed through just a moment ago, rubbed absently (or perhaps nervously) at the short crop of stubble on his chin, and then, steeling his resolve strode down the path the Counselor had just taken.

As the door whisked away before him, Mac caught sight of the Counselor just a few meters farther along the corridor. The TACman hesitated for the briefest time, still somewhat reluctant to let anyone into his had, but for the sake of his career he forced that uncertainty aside and actually broke into a light jog in order to close the distance between himself and Arevaci.

“ ‘Scuse me, Counselor,” he called as he drew closer and slowed his pace again, “would ye mind if I bothered ye fer a spell?”

(OOC:RK, feel free to pick up this convo, here, or if you wish we can collab from that point and backpost it later...)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main Engineering, Deck 36 – 1200 hrs

Captain Blair had been right about Arevaci, of course. Despite Jack’s inherent distrust and lack of confidence in those who chose to make a living poking about in other people’s heads, he had found the new Counselor to be quite approachable and receptive, and, before he knew it, Lt MacTavish found that he had spent a considerable amount of time in conversation with the man. Of course, when he realized that he had spent the better part of an hour batting thoughts back and forth with Arevaci, Jack had felt the need to cut the conversation short and get on about his day… There be more pressin’ wairk ta do than tha’ what’s in yer ‘ead… So, with a promise to the Counselor that he would indeed make an appointment to continue their talk, Jack had left Arevaci to his day and made his way down to the belly of the ship to finally have that face-to-face with the new CEO.

As usual, Main Engineering was bustling with activity; a veritable ant-farm of technicians and specialists tending to their duties with all the dedication and efficiency that Starfleet (and Avanti) had instilled in them… an’ by th’ looks o’ thengs, they be doin’ fine by th’ new Chief, ’s well… A few glances and nods were offered by the engineering crew as Mac skirted around the ‘Pool Table’ and…

“JACKDUDE!”

MacTavish started at the sound of his name – sort of. The attachment of dude revealed who was speaking long before the Scotsman saw the blue dreadlocks and the yellowish skin of Lt. Bob N’Doog. He had been walking along with a PADD in hand when he spotted Jack.

“H’lo Bob,” Jack nodded. Something about the Catullan computer wiz always brought a grin to his face. “How’re ye, lad?”

((OOC: See Al's last post for the bulk of this convo))

Bob turned to walk away, “Got to fly. The Commanderdude needs to see this report, so I better get a crackin or I’ll be packin.” The Catullan left Jack behind, all the while making a tapping gesture at his comm. Badge and mouthing “call me”.

“Aye lad,” MacTavish snickered, watching Bob jander away, “I’ll do tha’.” Still grinning, he shook his head and glanced down at one of the multiple displays on the Pool Table. He scowled a bit when he noticed that the graphics and data scrolling across the thing indicated a running test set for a shield harmonics diagnostics and calibration routine. Wha’s this all aboot, he wondered as his gaze lifted from the display and scanned the immediate vicinity for someone who looked as if they might be working on a related task, There be nothin’ wrong wi’ th’ shields tha’ I’ve been told… an’ testin’ resonance buffers aginst… wha’ th’ hell is tha’? The energy pattern that had caught his eye looked curiously like a standard transporter signature in many respects but, unlike the continuous flow of energy that he was used to seeing, it seemed that the energy in this model was shooting through the shields in quick, erratic pulses… Fargin’ odd.
The TAC Officer watched the display for a long moment, occasionally looking around to see if one of the gold-clad techs might be returning to the station to monitor or record some results, then, when none of the Engineering crew appeared to have even the remotest interest in the thing, he secured the terminal and strode away from the table. Something about that particular program stuck in his craw for some reason and he hoped it was merely a test being run for the new CEOs benefit or, perhaps, even something that was being tested as part of the vaccine delivery scenario for Aldor V. His gut, though, told him to keep the info fresh and in the forefront of his mind. With the way things had been turning of late something like that could have major tactical considerations.

He reached the CEOs office just as Bob was exiting. The Catullan grinned at him and made the motion of tapping his commbadge, again. “Aye, Bob lad,” Mac smirked before the computer wiz could mouth the words, “I’ll call ye.”

The door to the Chief Engineer’s office had slid shut in that short span of time and, as Jack’s gaze panned back to the portal, he noticed that the name on the placard had already been changed from Avanti to Waldgrave. Mac had grown accustomed to stepping through that door with a “H’lo, Ly” on his lips in the past few months, and probably would have done so again out of habit if that nameplate hadn’t checked the tendency. Instead, as the TAC Officer strode through the door, he offered the new Engineering Chief a crooked, MacTavish smile and said; “Aft’rnoon, Commander Waldgrave. I ‘ope I’m no’ interruptin’ anythin’.”

Chroist, but she dinnae look a thing like Avanti, does she? Mac joked to himself as the lovely, dark-haired woman looked up from her study of the terminal on her desk; I dinnae reckon ye’ll be confusin th’ two o’ them.

(OOC: Assuming some kind of response other than; “Actually I don’t have the time right now, Lt…”)

“Grand,” Jack grinned, “I apologize fer no’ gettin’ doon here ta speak wi’ ye sooner, Cmdr Waldgrave, but thing’s’ve gotten a wee bit crazeh ‘round ‘ere this marnin’. I reckon ye’ve been in place long enough ta notice tha’ there’s been some mods made ta Discovery’s weapons an’ defensive systems, aye? I dinnae know ef yer lads’ve given ye th’ detailed brief on any o’ tha’ as yet, so I figgered I’d pop in an’ see ef there be any questions ye might need addressed from the TAC perspective. Yer predecessor an’ I wairked fairly close onna mods, y’see…”

((OOC: And, there’s your cue, kicktoria… feel free to run wherever you wish with this conversation… ))




Posted on 2006-10-19 at 11:27:00.

Lyskhala
Kohai
Karma: 80/28
3600 Posts


The Av & Ly show continues...

Ten Forward cont.

Chantelle listened as Natalie apologetically confessed she didn’t have many friends. “It certainly can’t be because she isn’t friendly or attentive” She reasoned to herself
“My guess is she just doesn’t make the time.”

Natalie looked at the clock and exhaled a big sigh. ((OOC: taking liberties with the dialogue here AV))
“Well I should be getting back to my research. I really appreciate the break and I promise I’ll take more of them” she said

The CSO stood as Natalie excused herself. “I hope so Lt. I’ll get with Ensign Talda this afternoon about joining your research team. I’m sure he will be eager to get started.”

“Thank you” she replied and turned to leave.

Chantelle watched as the young Lt walked away. Checking the time display over the bar she realized it was almost noon and she hadn’t checked in with the rest of her departments yet. “what a morning this has been. I hope Jack’s is going better now that the news about Ian is out in the open.” She thought as she gathered the PADD from the shiny grey tabletop and headed for her office.

`````````````````````````


Stadate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery, CSO's Office, 1230

= /\ = Ensign Talda to Lt. Hemlos = /\ =

= /\ = This is Hemlos = /\ =

= /\ = yes sir, you wanted to see me? = /\ =

= /\ = Ah… yes, = /\ = she said distractedly as she shuffled papers around on her desk trying to find the hardcopy of a report she had ordered earlier.
= /\ = do you have a moment now? = /\ = she asked.

= /\ = yes sir = /\ = he said

= /\ = Good, please bring all the information you may have on the Aldorain race with you = /\ =

= /\ = Right away sir = /\ = he answered





Posted on 2006-10-20 at 13:25:03.
Edited on 2006-10-20 at 14:43:43 by Lyskhala

Lyskhala
Kohai
Karma: 80/28
3600 Posts


Talda to Xenobotany please

Stadate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery, CSO's Office, 1243

=/\= Lt Hemlos, Ensign Talda is here per your request=/\=

=/\= Thank you, please send him in =/\=

Ensign Caleb Talda arrived in less than 15 minutes after being summoned to the CSO’s office, PADD in hand. His eagerness didn’t surprise Chantelle, she had come to expect it of him. He was a good science officer, one she could always depend on to have accurate reports completed before their scheduled due date. She was certain with his background in biology and his interest in botany he would be an excellent addition to Keely’s research team.

The door swooshed open to allow the young Ensign access as Chantelle straightened the litter of handwritten notes scattered across her desk.

“Hello Ensign. Thanks for coming on such short notice” she said as she gestured for him to take a seat on the opposite side of her desk. “I’ve asked you here to discuss a temporary duty assignment. I need you to join Lt. Keely’s team to help research the Rautos Prime Vaccine. In addition, I’m hoping that with your help, we may be able to determine if the Rautos and Alodrian viruses have commonalities. Needless to say if there are, it would be a major breakthrough, one which could be vital in saving thousands of lives.”

The Ensign listened attentively as Chantelle detailed the assignment.

((OOC: Talda ‘accepts’ the assignment ))

“Beginning alpha shift tomorrow, please report to Lt. Natlie Keely in the Xenobotany lab. She will have the specifics on what they have found so far”

(( OOC: TAG Olan ))


Posted on 2006-10-23 at 11:27:31.
Edited on 2006-10-23 at 12:09:40 by Lyskhala

Rystefn K'ryll
Original Palassassin
Karma: 66/191
544 Posts


It's been a while, no?

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery; Corridor outside the observation lounge – 1106

In his life, Arevaci had learned a lot about people and why they did the things they did. Between his studies and his natural perception, it was a rare person whose actions caught Christoph off-guard. He was prepared for MacTavish's approach, and as soon as he noticed the man trying to catch up to him, the chief counselor stopped walking and waited politely for him to catch up.

“ ‘Scuse me, Counselor,” he called as he drew closer and slowed his pace again, “would ye mind if I bothered ye fer a spell?”

"Not at all... MacTavish, I believe it was?"

((OOC: Assuming some sort of positive response))

Extending a hand in greeting with a smile, Christoph continued, "I was hoping to have more personal introductions with the senior staff during the course of the next few days, anyway. I see no reason why I shouldn't start now."

((Sorry for the delay, week's been crazy. I was going to send a PM to start this, but I was posting anyway, so I threw this in, hopefully we can get the rest posted as one post))

1214 - Medical

With a little help from the computer, Christoph quickly made his way to Med Bay for his meeting with Doctor White - rather later than he had anticipated, but it had been an eventful first day of duty. Priorities must be maintained, and Arevaci was sure that the good doctor would agree that a routine entry physical wasn't exactly the ultimate trump card for time management.

As the door swished closed behind him, Christoph caught sight of the CMO and made his way across the bay towards him. "Doctor White? I apologize for the lateness of my arrival, but the day has been rather full. You did, hoever wish to see me today? If necessary, I can reschedule, since you seem to have rather a lot on your plate with the vaccine and all that to deal with..."

((OOC: Still oblivious))

1626 - Arevaci's office

Looking through the folders of his predecessor, Christoph quickly noticed several differences in their outlook on their mutual profession. While this was nothing new in the profession of psychology, it might be somewhat awkward for the crew - especially those with a serious need for regular counseling. One thing Arevaci excelled at, however, was making people feel comfortable and at home... well, most of the time. Those who would have the most difficult time should likely be introduced at the earliest, since progress was likely to be slowest with them. This Lieutenant (junior grade) Natalie Keely might pose problems. Uncomfortable in social situations at the best of times, she seemed to have had a significant lack of healthy interaction with males. It seemed that she had been making some progress, but a sudden change like this could easily undo all of that if not handled carefully. After some consideration, Christoph decided that making it a priority to Lt. Keely might make things worse, and it would be best to take a more casual approach with her. A message waiting for her in her quarters when her shift ended would likely be best.

"Lieutenant Keely, this is Lieutenant Arevaci. My notes from Counselor Gene indicate that you and he had a regular appointment. If you would, I would appreciate you coming down to my office at your convenience to discuss the possibility of continuing these sessions. Thank you for your time."

-Keely's Quarters 1729hrs-

Natalie had had a rough day at work. They were turned down for an away mission to go to Rautos Prime and catalogue the life around where the Mniasha Trees had been harvested and they were still on a deadline to find a cure for the Rautian Plague as soon as possible yet had no way of being able to find the actual component which triggered the reaction from the Mntiasha trees that got the healing effect they were looking for . Still, the Captain suggested they not take a shuttle because of the threat of some anti-Federation terrorist cells in the nearby area. They were worried about the Science team's safety, it made sense on one hand, but on the other hand, Natalie kept feeling like the more time that was wasted the more Rautians suffered and died because of Starfleet's inability to act more quickly in this instance. Still, she had to admit, the situation on Gavin V was pretty serious as well. With a sigh, she sat down to check her messages.

One from Ben...she smiled, just knowing he'd been thinking about her made her feel better and she decided she'd open that one last so she could enjoy it more. Two from her own xenobotany lab. Notes she'd sent herself to look over later. And, the last one was from the new Head Counselor, Lieutenant Arevaci. It appeared he wanted to set up a regular counseling appointment with her, like the one she used to have set up before with Counselor Gene. This made her stomach begin doing nervous flip-flops.

A new counselor comes in and the first thing he wants is to evaluate and work with me? Am I that bad? Gene left notes on me? They must think I'm hopeless! she thought, nervously playing with a stray curl that had fallen from her hair clip. Natalie thought she'd been doing so well. Why would the counselor want to begin sessions with her now? She wondered.

With a heavy sigh, she replied to the communique: " Lieutenant Arevaci, this is Natalie Keely. If you really feel it's necessary for me to begin sessions with you I am available Friday or Sunday mornings before 1000."

She paused, noting the computer's calender said it was the weekend already. "Should I stop by tomorrow morning?" she asked.


1732 - Arevaci's office

Christoph shook his head with a bit of mild self-frustration, listening to the message from Lt. Keely for a fifth time, he still couldn't decide from her tone of voice if there was a tinge of real fear behind the absolutely normal nervousness in her voice. He was so much better at reading people in person. So much so that he always felt that remote communication was only half communicated. Maybe I should talk to the councilor about this, he thought with a chuckle. Well, whatever harm he might or might not have done, the action was taken. All he could do now was work on the future.

"Lt. Keely, Sunday would be a perfectly acceptable time for me to discuss with you whether or not it you think it is necessary for me for you to begin sessions with me." Just a touch of stress on the "you think" to carry across the message that the choice lie in Keely's hands. In truth, he was as much arranging the meeting to assess his predecessor's evaluation of the situation as to see whether or not she wanted to continue the sessions. Notes in a file could only say so much... even less so than a voice communique. How could he say for sure whether or not she really needed his help until he met her? Of course, the ultimate choice would be left to her, no matter which way he felt. If she felt she needed his help, he would not withhold it. If she thought otherwise, he would not try to force it upon her.

((OOC: Again, sorry for the slowness of my response guys... but I'm still faster than thet tour I'm supposed tobe getting from the Bajoran))


Posted on 2006-10-23 at 17:29:57.

Avrielle
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/16
877 Posts


Late Night Doubts

-Keely's Quarters-

The reply was a little less nervous inducing as Natalie listened to the message from the counselor. She then checked her message from Ben. It was telling her that he'd be working late and not to expect him until way after bedtime...again. This was becoming the norm.

Natalie wondered what she'd gotten herself into. First, they were constantly courting with no sex, now they were sexual with no courtship. He had been working so late recently that they never spent any time together unless it was after Natalie had already gone to bed and Benjamin would tiptoe in and crawl into bed with her.

The plans for moving had still remained only in the talking stages since there was no time between either of their schedules to take any action in this direction and Natalie wondered if it would happen at all. Was she his girlfriend or his 'booty call'? Natalie sighed, deciding she needed a bath, and some time for creative writing to get her mind off of things. She hoped she was just making a mountain out of a molehill. Seeing problems where there weren't any. She loved Ben and really didn't want to be losing him without even knowing how to fight to keep him interested.


Posted on 2006-10-24 at 05:07:18.

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6742 Posts


a new assignment

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery, CSO's Office, 1243

Ensign Talda had reported to Lieutenant Hemlos' office bearing all of his data on Aldor V - specifically, the Aldorian people themselves. Humanoid, with only a few minor cosmetic differences, such as their universally white hair, and the small ridges on the sides of their necks (which Caleb found to resemble gills). Of course, there were minor physiological variances, as well, such as the Aldorian's much milder (and thus, theraputic) reaction to the vaccine, as opposed to the deadly infection that humans suffered.

“Hello, ensign," Hemlos greeted him. "Thanks for coming on such short notice” she said as she gestured for him to take a seat on the opposite side of her desk. “I’ve asked you here to discuss a temporary duty assignment. I need you to join Lt. Keely’s team to help research the Rautos Prime Vaccine. In addition, I’m hoping that with your help, we may be able to determine if the Rautos and Alodrian viruses have commonalities. Needless to say if there are, it would be a major breakthrough, one which could be vital in saving thousands of lives.”

The Ensign listened attentively as Chantelle detailed the assignment.

While microbiology wsn't his specific forte, Caleb had plenty of training in the field, and his work had intersected the area more than once, so he was confident he would be up to the task. "Aye, sir," he replied by way of acceptance.

Of course, this meant that, for the time being, Caleb could expect to see few, if any, bridge shifts, but such concerns were obviously minor in the face of their assigned task.

“Beginning alpha shift tomorrow, please report to Lt. Natlie Keely in the Xenobotany lab. She will have the specifics on what they have found so far.”

Caleb nodded. "Aye, sir," he replied. "I'll do my best to help in any way possible," he added with an easy grin.

Having learned that the CSO was not as interested in military protocol as Caleb's prior superiors had been, he simply gave a nod, rather than a salute, on his way out of the office. Hmmmm.... Lieutenant Keely, he mused. The botantist that got bitten on the Gavin AWAY team, if I remember right. Suddenly, his face brightened a bit. Quite cute, if I remember correctly.
Yes, losing a few bridge shifts wouldn't be all bad.




Posted on 2006-10-24 at 07:41:36.
Edited on 2006-10-24 at 07:42:52 by t_catt11

t_catt11
Fun is Mandatory
RDI Staff
Karma: 359/54
6742 Posts


head shrinkage

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery, captain's ready room - 1530

Captain Blair looked up as his door opened for what must have been the thirtieth time that day. This time, it was the new counselor that needed a moment of his time.

Naturally, Noah could not begrudge him; the man was a senior officer aboard the ship, and had been on board for nearly a day, now, without the two of them managing to sync schedules.

"Counselor Arevaci," the captain spoke by way of greeting, "welcome aboard the Discovery. Please, have a seat," he added, gesturing to the oft-used chair across from his desk.

"I apologize that we have not met sooner, counselor," Noah said. "It seems that we have both enjoyed a busy day so far." A slight grin. "I understand that you will also be serving as the new aCMO?"

OOC: any response

"Ah, my manners," Blair added. "I have presumed by calling you 'counselor'. If you would prefer lieutenant, or doctor, say the word."

OOC: again, any response

Noah nodded. "Very well. Mister Arevaci, you are a qualified starfleet officer, so I will trust you to run your department in the manner that you see fit - I do not presume to know your job better than you. That being said, my door is always open, should you need me." The captain chuckled a bit. "I believe that I may have stolen one of your lines."

OOC: feel free to add any conversaton. otherwise...

"Very well, then. Once again, welcome aboard the Discovery, Mister Arevaci. Dismissed."




Posted on 2006-10-24 at 07:52:30.
Edited on 2006-10-24 at 07:53:32 by t_catt11

kicktoria
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 10/1
42 Posts


Busy Busy Day

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery
Main Engineering; CEO Office 1347hrs

Katrina put her head in her hands and rubbed her temples. The stress of the day was finally beginning to hit her.

So far, her schedule had been hectic to say the least.

She'd had a meeting with her head engineering staff, and as a consequence needed to choose an aCEO and another member of staff.

Lt. Maguire had delivered the list of candidates as promised and she scrolled through their names on the P.A.D.D. However, Maguire had made an impression on her in the meeting this morning and Katrina though that, out of everybody, he was probably the most suitable.

Katrina placed the P.A.D.D. on her desk. After her meeting with the staff, she had been called to meet with Captain Blair. Her first impressions of the man hadn't been wrong. He was easy-going and fair, although it seemed to her as if he was still trying to find his feet in the role of Captain.

The day's most greulling meeting had to have been the briefing this morning. The prospect of meeting a terrorist cell on Discovery's first mission with Kat as CEO didn't do much to relieve her stress.

The obvious way around the vaccine transporter problems would be to send the supplies down via shuttle craft. However, there would be contamination issues if containers weren't sealed properly, or broke or anything else that might go wrong, went wrong. Murphy's Law wasn't a law she was particularly fond of. She also considered re-routing power to boost shields of the shuttle crafts, just in case. She desperately needed to speak to Dr. White, yet she had been unable to meet with him after the staff meeting. The best she could was to wait for him to see her.

The chiming sound snapped her back to the present.

"Enter," she said, admitting Lt. Bob N’Doog into the room.
He was an 'interesting' character, and one that she certainly had to get used to. As long as he does his job, we'll get along fine Kat thought as the Catullan proceeded to speak what she considered to be gibberish and handed her a P.A.D.D. with (what Katrina slowly translated to be) modifications to Discovery's computer systems. Bob had left only moments before with a fleeting "Commanderdude" statement not to before the door chimed again.

"Enter," she called, expecting Bob to be back with something else and pleasantly surprised to see the TCO MacTavish stood at her door.

He smiled at Kat and said, "Aft’rnoon, Commander Waldgrave. I ‘ope I’m no’ interruptin’ anythin’."

"Of course not," Kat said, returning the smile. "Please, take a seat." She motioned him to come further into the office. "What can I do for you?"

“Grand, I apologize fer no’ gettin’ doon here ta speak wi’ ye sooner, Cmdr Waldgrave, but thing’s’ve gotten a wee bit crazeh ‘round ‘ere this marnin’."
Too right. I bet it's been crazy, Katrina thought. The whole ship was a-buzz about an incident the previous night involving a certain Ensign Anthony Drummond; admiral's nephew and a member of her staff.

"I reckon ye’ve been in place long enough ta notice tha’ there’s been some mods made ta Discovery’s weapons an’ defensive systems, aye? I dinnae know ef yer lads’ve given ye th’ detailed brief on any o’ tha’ as yet, so I figgered I’d pop in an’ see ef there be any questions ye might need addressed from the TAC perspective. Yer predecessor an’ I wairked fairly close onna mods, y’see…”

“I have indeed noticed,” Waldgrave replied, smiling across the desk at him, "Although it doesn't seem too off the wall, so to speak."

Mac nodded and returned that smile; “O’ course, th’ mods’re nothin’ vera complex, ye’ve noticed, but they c’n be a wee bit tricky when et comes ‘round ta calibration an’ sech. Th’ primary dorsal an’ ventral arrays’ve been wairked aboot ta give us a quicker cyclin’ rate,” he explained, “Et cost us a wee bit o’ output – somethin’ inna neighborhood o’ point one megawatts per emitt’r, which gives us aboot ten megs per shot as ‘posed ta ten point two – but we’ve th’ advantage o’ crackin’ off th’ shots quicker so th’ power loss dinnae be much o’ a consairn.

Commander Avanti headed up th’ shield modif’cations,” Mac continued offering a faint shrug, “an’ I’m still no’ entirely sure what exactly ‘e did ta get ‘em ta do et, but he managed some hocus-pocus wi’ th’ emitters tha’ gives us a lit’le finer control o’er the shields… I’m sure tha’ Avanti prob’ly left copious notes onna subject an’ ye’ve go’ a number o’ lads on yer crew wha’ ‘ad a hand innit. Fer tha’ matter, there’s several o’ my lads tha’ wairk th’ tubes wi’ yers, so, ef ye find somethin’ tha’ dinnae seem ta make sense ta ye, someone aroon’ here’ll be able ta answer yer questions… ef no’, lass, ye jus’ call me an’ I’ll get thengs squared away fer ye, aye?”

Kat nodded and took brief notes as Jack ran through the mods with her.

"Well, thank you very much for that," Katrina said standing. "Its good to finally speak with you properly."

She smiled and shook his hand. "I'll speak to you soon."



Posted on 2006-10-25 at 04:24:19.
Edited on 2006-11-06 at 07:54:54 by kicktoria

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
4043 Posts


A new assignment?

Stadate: 2366.10.22 USS Discovery, Security – 1305
Kelsey didn’t have to make the trip. He could very well have summoned the lieutenant to the bridge, the observation lounge… ten forward, and the lieutenant would have come. Kel wasn’t like that though. He only exerted that authority when necessary and right now wasn’t one of those times. Besides, he considered quietly as he stepped through the doorway, nodding to the yellow uniformed individuals he found in the next room who snapped off salutes. It’s better to handle this in private.
Lt. Tuvar rose from her desk as he entered and raised her arm in a salute that Kelsey waved away. There was no need to stand on formalities, though many often did in his presence. Kel seated himself across from her and took a deep breath as she returned to her own chair. The XO glanced over his shoulder at the clear plastic door that slid shut and confirmed to himself that the area was secure.

“Computer,” he said as the chamber fell silent. “End all recording in this room. Security protocol Alpha Gamma Gamma Delta One Nine Six Nine, by Commander Gavison’s orders.”

=/\= Orders confirmed. Security recording temporarily disabled, Commander. =/\=

Kel smiled, “Precautions.”

OOC: response if any…

“Well,” the XO breathed as he crossed his legs and placed his hands on his knees. “I guess I’ll get right to it since I’m sure you have as much to do as I.

“Tuvar, the captain and I have been talking and we feel that there is a definite threat to MacTavish’s life what with his brother being in the vicinity and all. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that there’s no love lost between them, and his brother—Ian—might feel that he could take advantage of any familiar feelings Jack might still harbor for him to make his move on the vaccine. After much deliberation it was determined that the best solution would be to assign a personal bodyguard for Jack; someone who could be at his side without raising suspicion.” Kel smiled and spread his hands apart as he made the excuse. “We wouldn’t want to hurt his feelings after all, and we certainly don’t want him to feel as though we don’t trust him because that’s not the case at all.

“In trying to determine who might be best suited to the role your name came up.” The commander paused for a moment to gauge Lt. Tuvar’s response (OOC: insert here and I’ll back post if necessary).

“The assignment is difficult to say the least. We can’t provide you with any more reason to be in his shadow than necessary so you’re going to have to think on your feet. Both the captain and I feel that should you need to temporarily reassign some of your responsibilities you have the go ahead. Protecting Jack MacTavish has just become your top priority.” From terrorists and himself.
(OOC: reply)

With a final nod, Kelsey stood and gave Tuvar a small, encouraging smile. “Good luck, Lieutenant.”

That said, Commander Gavison took his leave and went on about his day.



Posted on 2006-10-26 at 20:35:33.

Lyskhala
Kohai
Karma: 80/28
3600 Posts


the morning after...

Stadate: 2366.10.22, 0530
Zara Damaili's quarters

Zara Damali awoke half an hour later than normal on the morning after the big Staff dinner. “Odd” she thought as she glanced at the display next to her bed. “I never oversleep”

The Bajoran’s internal clock was uncannily precise and she wondered what could have thrown it off. She sat up on the side of her bed and stretched her arms over her head.
“Must have been all that time I spent at the bar last night” she mumbled to herself.“that” she reasoned, “and the late night tour with the new shrink”

Rising, she plucked a tunic from the foot of her bed and stretched it over her nude form as her request for “Pyrellian ginger tea” was delivered via the replicator. She sat down on the sofa in her living area and crossed her legs in a lotus position as she slowly sipped the hot beverage. The aroma met her nostrils and she inhaled it’s pungence. The heat combined with the ginger was soothing and she closed her eyes to revel in the moment. She remembered when she was a child her mother serving it to her and her father every morning. During the Cardassian occupation it was truly a luxury, one which she would always associate with her family and their home in the Dahkur cave system on Bajor. Tears began to well in her green eyes as she sat in the dark silence and listened to the comforting hum of Discovery. She likend it to the gentle sound of her mother’s voice as she rocked her to sleep amidst the damp underground lair that was their home on Bajor. She wished she could go back to those moments if for no other reason but to convince herself they were real. It seemed many lifetimes had passed since she then but the hurt and confusion still clung to her psyche like Cobwebs in the rain.

Outwardly Zara was a strong, independent woman but inwardly she feared she was still that 8 year old child who lost the only family she had to a situation she couldn’t control. The last thing her mother had said to her was “be strong, we will see you soon” But it never happened and she was forced to live a life that was dictated by circumstances beyond her control. Perhaps the situation had made her strong, perhaps just determined.
Either way, she was a survivor.






Posted on 2006-10-27 at 06:07:20.
Edited on 2006-10-27 at 08:53:16 by Lyskhala

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


bodyguard?

2366.10.22
USS Discovery, Main Security - 1300

Tuvar had been thinking of the question she had posed earlier of whether not the vaccination would pose any harm to her. Although she had given Rrowl the main portion of her duties for the day, she still had not been able to dissect enough of the vaccination and isolate the portions that harm humans. Her curiosity would not let her settle on the matter until she had found the answer that she was looking for. She was bebinning to grow frustrated with her inability to find a solution.

Tuvar was about to call Dr. White when Commander Gavison strode into the room. Without hesitation, she quickly stood up to the position of attention before snapping a quick salute before proceeding to the position of at ease. Tuvar wandered why the commander had came to her office, her mind already working on the answer.

“Computer,” he said as the chamber fell silent. “End all recording in this room. Security protocol Alpha Gamma Gamma Delta One Nine Six Nine, by Commander Gavison’s orders.”

=/\= Orders confirmed. Security recording temporarily disabled, Commander. =/\=

Kel smiled, “Precautions.”

"Pardon, sir?"

(Insert Gavison monologue her.)

"Sir, I will try not to disappoint you."

“The assignment is difficult to say the least. We can’t provide you with any more reason to be in his shadow than necessary so you’re going to have to think on your feet. Both the captain and I feel that should you need to temporarily reassign some of your responsibilities you have the go ahead. Protecting Jack MacTavish has just become your top priority,” the commander replied.

"I will think of something, commander."

Gavison nodded as he replied, "Good luck, lieutenant." Tuvar watched on as Gavison strode away and out of the door.

"Computer, resume security recordings, authorization Tuvar-Sierra-Echo-Tengo-Five-Tree-Eight-Four-One."

=^=Security recording resumed.=^=

"Lt. Bandig, please report to main security."

She would have to think of a reason to remain close to Jack. It would more than likely prove to be quite some challenge.


Posted on 2006-10-29 at 16:40:18.
Edited on 2006-10-29 at 19:49:05 by Vesper

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 455/28
8015 Posts


Relieved of duty... for a little while...

Stardate: 2366.10.22
USS Discovery; Turbolift – 1402 hours

As the door to the turbolift hissed shut, Jack leaned heavily against the wall of the thing and shut his eyes for a moment. He and Lt Commander Waldgrave had had a fairly decent conversation in regards to the phaser and shield modifications – the woman had even mentioned something about trying to recoup that minimal drop in phaser output. Th’ lass is smart’s she is pretty, he had mused at the time, tha’s a good theng. O’ course I dinnae reckon she’d gotten this float if ‘twere otherwise…
=/\=Mac?=/\=

“Deck 8,” the TAC officer sighed. The computer blipped its confirmation and the lift began its ascent. He rubbed at his eyes and pushed away from the bulkhead before tapping his combadge; “Wha’, Jeffrey?”

=/\=Uh… you doing okay, boss? I… uh… haven’t heard much from you… =/\=

“I’m jus’ fine, lad,” he smirked, “Yer no’ gettin’ me job jus’ yet if tha’s wha’s go’ ye in a twist. Now, d’ye need somethin’ else er did ye jus’ decide ye suddenly wan’ me ta hold yer bloody hand all day?”

=/\=That’s better,=/\= Jeff replied, a grin obvious in his tone, =/\=I was beginning to wonder if they’d caged you or something… You didn’t call me after your meeting with the Old Man, didn’t hear a thing from you after the staff meeting… =/\=

Jack shook his head and rolled his eyes; “Why don’ ye drop yer cloak, Nancy,” he grumbled, “an’ get ta th’ bloody point. I know ye’ve go’ better ta do then buzz ‘round me ear.”

=/\=All right, all right! Damn, Mac, don’t let a guy have any fun,=/\= the aCTO shot back, =/\=Look, man, I just wanted to check in and see how you were holding up, is all. The whole damn ship’s been buzzing about you today and I haven’t seen or heard from you since this morning. Tuvar grilled the hell outta me when I dropped those files on her this morning – y’know, I hate it when she goes all Vulcan on me…=/\=

“Aye, lad. I’ll buy ye a drink later.”

=/\=Heh... you’ll buy me two, Angus; Lt Hemlos ran me through the wringer, too.=/\=

Jack couldn’t help but smile at that – he could almost imagine what that meeting had been like; “Izzat right,” Mac chuckled, “an’ wha’d ye tell ‘er, monkey boy?”

=/\=Only what I figured you’d let me get by with without killing me, boss. She knows that we think Ian’s lurking around the Aldor system and why we’re so concerned about it. I told her some of the rub between you two, of course, but none of the real dirt…=/\= Mueller’s voice trailed off as if the young TAC officer wasn’t quite sure exactly how to say what was on his mind and there was a long pause. =/\=I’m your friend, Mac,=/\= Jeffrey said after a moment =/\=you know that, right? I’m here for you and all of that foofy stuff?=/\=

“Aye,” Jack answered, one eyebrow lifting at the shift in tone, “I know tha’, Jeffrey.”

=/\=Well, look, man,=/\= Jeff sighed, =/\= as much as that’s the case, it’s not my place to fill these folks in on Ian… Especially Chantelle… That woman loves you Mac – god knows why but she does – and if you love her half as much, you need to sit her down and let her know all about this thing. That, or cut her loose… and, as crappy as it is to say, that might be the sane option considering what Ian said to you the last time you talked to the bastard.=/\=

‘I’ll take everythin’ ye love, Jackie,’ Ian’s voice echoed from a dark corner of Jack’s memory. ‘I’ll take et an’ I’ll burn it an’ send ye back th’ ashes…’
MacTavish would have preferred not to have been reminded about that, of course, but he understood Jeff’s reasoning for calling it up. Still, he didn’t respond to that last bit and, it was likely that Jeffrey had known he wouldn’t.

=/\=If you don’t have anger management sessions or KP detail for the rest of the day, my friend,=/\= Jeffrey concluded =/\=I’d recommend, as your friend, that you put this shift to bed and have a heart to heart with that lady of yours… real soon. Y’know, as a matter of fact, I’m pulling you off the roster for the rest of the day…=/\=

“The hell ye are, Jeffrey,” Mac started to snap back, “I’ll…”

=/\=The hell I am, Mac! How about you listen to me for once without arguing you crusty bastard!? I’ve already tugged you from the slip and sent notifications to command and security, dude. You’re done for the day. Get in touch with Chantelle, have that talk, and then get some rest, Jack. You looked like absolute crap this morning and I’m sure that hasn’t gotten any better…=/\=

((OOC: Okay… there ya have it. Back in the game more or less. I took a few minor liberties with the Kat/Mac conversation summary, possibly – kicktoria, if you saw the convo going otherwise, just let me know and I’ll edit. Jeffery has taken Mac off the duty roster for the rest of the day and likely will pass word that the Scot shouldn’t come anywhere near TAC until tomorrow… For his own part, Mac is just liable to take his aCTO’s advice… he’ll bypass deck 8, now, and will stepp of the lift on deck 2, heading for his quarters… Feel free to interrupt. ))



Posted on 2006-11-03 at 10:54:30.

Vesper
Resident
Karma: 20/12
325 Posts


Meetin' ole Mac

USS Discovery, Deck 2 – In front of Mac’s quarters
2366.10.22 – 1405 hours

There she was, waiting for him with Lt Bandig being pulled off of brig detail to take her place as acting Chief of Security with Ensign Raditz (if he is still with us) replacing him. Rrowl would’ve been the normal choice but she had him overseeing the security for vaccine and accompanying it wherever it went. So much was happening at once that her mind was all in a shuffle with thoughts splitting off in every which direction. She was bothered by keeping her true intentions secret from a man that she would normally trust implicitly.

Tuvar stood there leaning against the wall next to the door to of his quarters, a small type I phaser in a holster along her belt line. She did not want to come off as someone suspicious with a phaser that would be used normally for full security detail only, so she carried one that was standard for one of her station. She did not hear Mac come up until he was just a few steps away, drawing her attention towards the man that she was to now keep under constant eye.

Tag: Eol


Posted on 2006-11-03 at 15:12:36.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
4043 Posts


Off Duty

Stadate: 2366.10.22 USS Discovery, Security – 1818
“Look at this,” Kel sighed and pushed the PADD across the table towards his wife. Sherry glanced at the display while continuing to feed their daughter, a distracted look on her beautiful face.

“What am I looking at?”

“That’s the pattern left by the terrorist activity in the region; at least as far as Star Fleet Intel is concerned, though I’d be willing to wager the four additional marks on that map are also cell activities.”

“Did you put those in?”

“Ya,” Kelsey retrieved the thin device and stared at the flashing diamonds on the starfield that indicated various positions throughout the system. “I read some news relays and determined the association.”

“Something that Star Fleet overlooked?” There was a slight teasing tone to Sherry’s voice.

“Why not?”

“Because the great Kelsey Gavison isn’t the only one who knows his job.” Sherry winced as Kaila bit down particularly hard. “Kel, you’ve been over this thing twice since you came off shift. What more are you going to learn?”

“Look,” Kelsey turned the PADD around while he pulled up another layer to the screen. This displayed a green line across the display that ended at Aldor V. “That’s our trajectory—our plotted path. The Discovery is going to pass between these two points here, another two there, and the most recent activity has been here, here, and here; all places right around our destination.”

“Are those the dates of the events?” Sherry’s eyes had darted to the side of the screen where dates were marked that corresponded with a numerical assignment of the map point icons.

“Yes.”

“They progress towards Aldor V.”

Kelsey nodded grimly as her lips thinned and she clutched Kaila closer to her chest.

“These last two are practically on the planet’s doorstep,” she breathed.

“You see now why I can’t just ignore it?” Kelsey stood up and stretched, the PADD still in hand. “The colors indicate different terrorist cells, or groups—I don’t know, they have kind of jumbled together. This one did that thing for the sake of so-and-so’s glory… we hate the Federation… blah, blah, blah.” The XO sighed as he plodded over to the couch and dropped heavily into the cushions.

“God, Sherry. I’ve had to place one of my own officers under watch, and not just for his own safety, but for the whole ship’s! We’ve got a vaccine on board that is actually as deadly a virus for us as the plague that we’re trying to cure, and tomorrow we enter the danger zone.

“I’ve reviewed Lt. Tuvar’s security assignments and know that she’s got that end of things well under control. Our medical staff is more than capable of handling the challenges of their post… but I’m still worried sick. Hell, I’m more worried now than I’ve been before any away mission I’ve ever been on, and I can’t kick the feeling!”

Sherry smiled softly as she picked herself up out of the chair, baby in arm, to place herself against her husband’s side on the couch. “You’re a daddy, Kel. That feeling won’t go away anytime soon.”



Posted on 2006-11-03 at 20:17:03.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.