..... be sure to check what has transpired in Round 6 in Land of Xenophobia.
I decided to configure and post for the Fuzzy Wolverine, Bumble Brew and ThunnGarr the Mighty so that the rest of you can make a better informed decision on which Ant or Ants to attack.
Remember that after this round the Unconscious Ants will rise up and begin to attack on Turn 2 Combat Round 1 with 2hp of active life.
The Giant Ants also have the Initiative so they will attack first.
Everyone Please Consider the Following as Insight from Your Combat Experience or Deities or Both that you can incorporate into your next role play post in Land of Xenophobia: Sir Yder will Kill Ant 2 row 3 if he decides to attack that Ant.
Ullrich has the ability to Kill Ant 1 row 4 if he moves up 10 feet or 2 squares and engages the Ant with his Short Sword and his Sylvan Long Sword. The outcome will depend upon the roll of the dice of course, but he is guaranteed to render the Ant Unconscious and if it does survive it will only have 2hp of life left to attack and then will probably Die from another attack on Turn 2 Combat Round 1.
If Cunning Fox would use one of his Arrows to help Ariane he is in position where with his Native American skill he is able to Kill the Ant 4 row 3 that is between Shandra and Ariane. Then he could pick another target to weaken.
That would enable Ariane to move up either 2 squares forward to attack E2 row 2 or 3 squares diagonally to engage Ant E1 row 2 and inflict some damage on either Ant.
Amberlyn will Kill Ant 4 row 4 that ThunnGarr has knocked Unconscious if she would decide to attack that Ant which is next to her top diagonal left.
Shandra could either move 2 squares forward to pursue and attack Ant 3 row 5 that previously Fumbled and Moved Back 2 squares into the line of fire of the Lightning Bolt that Bumble Brew discharged from her Staff of Power.
Her other option is to move 1 square forward and then 1 square to the right to intercept and attack Ant E2 row 2.
Mull over your options and remember that the Ants will Move and Attack First on Turn 2 Combat Round 1.
Post Your Final Decision Here in the Q&A and then I will Configure and Post the Results in an Edit for the South Enders Turn 1 Combat Round 6 that is already posted in Land of Xenophobia.
Posted on 2008-11-21 at 08:49:08.
Edited on 2008-11-21 at 08:54:02 by Hammer
Ullrich thinks tha sounds wise. He will attack ant 1, row 4 as suggested. He will likely switch to his bow after that, but it may not be necessar or wise depending on where the new ants are at that point.
CF will fire on ant 4 row 3 until the ant is dead. he will the concentrate fire on the next closest Ant firinig on that target til death and so on unless a party member get imperiled. he will then switch to assist them. 1st lull he will cast his healing spell on BB.
.... unexpected delays and interruptions have interfered with my posting updates!
If you players would be so kind as to give me a PM or Q&A generic-type outline of how your character will react to the incoming Ants during Turn 2 Combat Rounds then I will just write up the summaries for each Combat Round and post where we are at somewhere along the way!
Ullrich actions will consistently follow this pattern:
1. Attack those opponents that are directly threatening himself or teammates.
2. Attack "twitching" ants if there are no "active" ants within easy reach. Although Ullrich would prefer to attack thoe that pose an immediate threat first, he will not waste time and lose attacks crossing distance if a twitcher is nearby - unless it appears that someones life depends on it.
3. The first goal is to eliminate the ants threatening the South Enders. Once that has been completed he will want to help out the other groups ASAP - everyones chances improve the longer more defenders remain.
4. When helping out other groups he will typically use his bow - help, but there is no sense spending time running across the sands when a good bow is at hand. He prefers to use his bow over his swords, but it all depends on the proximity to the enemy.
5. In upcoming turns it seems likely that he will be targeting the 5 new arrivals, but it all depends on the above points.