The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Inheritance -- the game
Related thread: Inheritance -- the recruitment
Related thread: Inheritance -- Epilogue
GM for this game: Wyrmsting
Players for this game: Admiral, Jozan1, Dragonblood, Bezmir
    Messages in Inheritance -- the game
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Bezmir
RDI Fixture
Karma: 24/16
742 Posts


staying

"I'm staying here. I don't trust you, cleric, so I won't be letting out sight for a while." Kannizan finally looked up and straight at Ether. "Let them go. They've got pride, so we won't change their minds." He played with his beard a little bit, and he continued speaking. "The leader I believe we need is one that is charismatic, patient, and logical. I don't see much of either in you, Ether. Or any of us, really. But especially not me. I'm too Dwarfish."


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 03:47:51.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well. Like I would leave you alone.

"Well, as if I expect you to stay the night yourself. This kind of land isn't always safe. And from what I saw in your hands while you were fighting, I must also add, daggers and the best weapons to defend yourself from anything... they're better for starting the offense."

Taking Velina's compliment, Almyrikon nods. "Thank you. You see, I however, take much pride in my work. However little it be. Elven blood runs in my veins, though I don't know why. I'm not going to let some elf think he's better because I have half-human blood. You must feel the same, don't you?"


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 03:54:08.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


fine

"Do as you will, dwarf, but know that I am trustworthy so long as we are all on this mission.

As to a leader, it appears we are at the impasse of a lack of volunteers. Again I suggest we don't need a leader. This topic has divided us more than united. We should sleep and let a natural leader emerge over time. If nobody does, then no feelings are hurt."

He looks at the two wandering off from their campsite, amazed at why they would risk the woods themselves.

"I can take first watch, as it will give me time for meditation and prayers. I have exhausted my spell casting abilities for the day, and must petition Shevarash for tomorrow's supply. By the looks of things, we will need it."


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 03:54:42.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


travel talk

"Daggers are not the best defensive weapons if you intend to fight fairly; I do not. I intend to be the one alive at the end of the fight." Patting her new crossbow she added, "At least now I have another option if necessary."

She thought about Almyrikon's question. "You know, I never really worry about who thinks they are better than me. If they feel superior that may just work to my advantage. Being half-elf and half-human to me means that while I am not as capable in some ways as either, I am better in some ways than both."

After a while she asked a question, "Have you ever killed someone before?"


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 13:31:48.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Hm...

"A fair fight is one thing I always seek. It is the only true test of power one can experience. Anything less... I don't enjoy it. Though it will happen, if it must."

As Velina asks her question, Almyrikon chuckles quietly. "Velina, to answer your question, yes. I have killed before. To add how many, directly or indirectly, hundreds, maybe more. Killing is part of my way of life. It is not avoidable to me. We kill prisoners, other tribes, animals... why I even killed my chief single handedly to take over his position in the tribe." He smiled. "So yes, I have killed before. Have you?"


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 21:04:24.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


not exactly

"Until today I have not taken another life save in hunting. It was easier than I thought and also harder at the same time if that makes sense."

Finding an appropriate spot, Velina comes to a halt. "I think this place will do nicely for a campsite. I'll start a fire and we can settle in for the night."


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 22:48:35.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Aye... first blood.

"Well, the first is always different from all the others. It can either leave you sickened, or begging for more. I can't remember my first, but I know that it's a part of my life to kill things, so I embrace it."

Looking around the chosen site, Almyrikon shrugs. "Eh, why not. This seems like a good enough place, to be sure. You want first or second watch? Even though we saw nothing coming out here, that's not to say that hasn't changed."

Reaching into his pack, he pulls out a slightly cheaper axe than the one he has. With a few mighty swing, he gathers enough firewood for a good sized fire. Reaching into his boot, and producing a small twig, he strikes it against the ground, igniting the twig, and making a fire.


Posted on 2009-01-28 at 23:57:47.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


First

"I'll take first watch if you don't mind. Perhaps it will give me a chance to think about where this journey is headed and how best to steer a ship with no rudder."

Velina spread out her bedroll so it would be ready when needed and sat down to think and watch. In the distance she could see the fire belonging to the others.


Posted on 2009-01-29 at 02:48:48.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Alright.

"Wake me if you need me. Don't think of it as steering the ship with no rudder. Think of it as riding a carriage with no reins. I think that's more what we're in."

Almyrikon took his pack off, and put it to his right. With his left side to the fire, he laid out on the ground, no bedroll to speak of. He planned to get some good sleep tonight. He had pushed himself too hard earlier in the day. Time for a much deserved rest... though that mace still bothered him.


Posted on 2009-01-29 at 02:56:27.

Bezmir
RDI Fixture
Karma: 24/16
742 Posts


Questions

Kannizan stared at the dim light of the other campfire. "So what are we doing here? The group is obviously being split into factions. We don't know whether to press on or go back, and even the factions are loosely held together." He didn't mean to always sound so pessimistic. That's just how his thoughts came out. "At this point, anyone who can bend bearspaw into obedience is a strong enough leader. But it's about time for us to turn in. Ether, do you want first watch?"


Posted on 2009-01-29 at 02:59:14.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Urg. Can't sleep.

Almyrikon stirred in his sleep, finally sitting up. He had slept for a little bit, but he couldn't stay asleep. He didn't know why though. He would make it through the day, especially since he now was using a horse. Not that he needed to, but still, it was nice. Looking at the fire, and how it was almost dead, he grabs another piece of firewood, and puts it on. "Anything yet Velina? Or is this night going by boring?"


Posted on 2009-01-31 at 21:25:59.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


wound up are we?

"Boring, or as I like to call it peaceful. What has you so wound up you can't sleep? Camping is supposed to be relaxing." Velina stirred the fire a bit and hot ash rode the air currents up into the dark sky. "Think we have a chance to pull this thing off?"


Posted on 2009-02-01 at 00:44:33.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Peace... Boring.

"I don't know... I don't think it's more the missing comfort that I can't sleep. My tribe sleeps outdoors all the time... I don't think as a whole we've slept inside a building. But it is as though there is nobody else here..."

Almyrikon takes a quick look around, taking in his surroundings. "Velina, those people in the city are self centered. Now that the one they said was heir is gone, they may not permit any other. However, we should try. Though I had never heard of this man, he is part of my family. I will kill those who killed him. It is my way." He gives a quiet, brief laugh. "Also, I have nothing better to do, everything else is boring. I don't know if we have a chance. I do know, we have a reason to try."


Posted on 2009-02-01 at 19:20:53.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


try we will

"Oh I intend to try. I just want to make it very clear that right now we all do as we please and noone else really cares. Those two who talk of being leaders didn't even try to stop me from leaving or you from following. They left the party split because it didn't matter to their own plan. They are not thinking of the group but of themselves. Staying right at the site of a battle is idiotic unless you are a warrior and want to seek further confrontation. There are those of us who are not and who are vulnerable in battles. Gotta think of our safety as well. We need to try to take the keep but need to do it in a co-ordinated and considered way; not just yelling charge and taking our chances."


Posted on 2009-02-01 at 19:36:25.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Gunk-karg sighed at the sight of the other two leaving. He was left sitting around the campfire with Ether, Kannizan, and Jethro. He leaned onto his hands, resting his elbows on his knees and sighed in frustration again, listening to Kannizan and Ether talk. He began to take off his patch work leather vest, and then his chain shirt under neath, leaving him on with a pair of dark brown pants, and a white under shirt. He placed them next to his sleeping area, and looked around as the second fire started to glow.

" By all that is good in this damned world why in the hell are the pointy eared half breeds being so difficult?"

He looked around to the three other men who sat with him.

" At least most of us here are not pig headed enough to think they can throw a fit and leave and hope to get their way. And I'll take last watch, I like to be up early enough to work out the morning kinks."

He stared into the fire, kicking around some dirt with his studded leather boot, and looked up again, secretly hoping that these others do not ruin this whole expedition.


Posted on 2009-02-02 at 02:19:20.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.