The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is nhacaiuytin8.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Spamvertize - Facebook! (posted by breebles)Facebook!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Inheritance -- the game
Related thread: Inheritance -- the recruitment
Related thread: Inheritance -- Epilogue
GM for this game: Wyrmsting
Players for this game: Admiral, Jozan1, Dragonblood, Bezmir
    Messages in Inheritance -- the game
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


A bit of preparation

"Perhas we would be well served to acquire provisions before we begin our juant?" Velina then looked at the barbarian, "Food first, smash second." The glint in her eye showed her playful intent. "No good rushing off into who knows what until we get things we need. Food, water, ropes, torches or lamps; the kind of stuff adventurers are always carrying." Turning to the heir she added, "You might want to consider either giving some orders or appointing someone to do it for you. We, or should I say you, are on a limited time schedule and time is fleeting." With another smile at the barbarian she added, "Go soon."


Posted on 2008-12-29 at 05:50:50.
Edited on 2008-12-29 at 05:51:28 by Keeper of Dragons

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Thanks... I think...

Almyrikon looks at Velina as she speaks to him, the simplified version of what she says. So, she wanted to play eh? He couldn't tell if she was insulting him, or simply being what city people called "polite". Oh well. He understood. "Fine. I can wait. Maybe. I'm not staying alone though. And since you decided to be so nice, I'm going to follow you until we leave." If she was making fun of him, she was going to pay for it now. If she wasn't... then who knows? At least he wasn't going to be waiting alone. And it was probably better for the whole building and its inhabitants that he wasn't. He could get somewhat... bored when he was alone. And when he got bored, he did what he always thought was the most fun...

In the words of Velina, Smash.


Posted on 2008-12-29 at 06:43:20.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Follow the leader

"So you are gonna follow me huh? Well that is just fine, haven't played follow the leader for a few years but I think I remember how. Just hope I don't have to use the chamber pot or things could get 'interesting'." Velina looked to the heir. "Unless you have any objections the two of us are going to check out the stores the magistrate suggested and get ready for a move in the morning. Figure that is what I would do so likely you will do the same."

After a pause for an answer, Velin set out with the barbarian in tow. "Try to keep up big fella."


Posted on 2008-12-29 at 13:56:14.

Zodius
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
7 Posts


Intellect and big rocks.

"Good idea. I think I've packed enough for the road, but one can never be too safe, and I've no idea if the group has the provisions." Maranda glances over at the desk where the money bags had been placed down and starts over in that direction. She grabs one of the remaining pouches off of the table and then turns back to Velina. "Here," she says, to get the half elf's attention before she up and leaves, "I don't think I'll be needing this, so take some extra just in case you run out." With that, she tosses the pouch to Velina.


Posted on 2008-12-29 at 14:14:58.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Thanks

"Thanks Maranda, if you find yourself needing anything on the trip let me know." Velina takes the two bags and turns to teh barbarian, "Well, get one for yourself; they are full of shiny things we trade with." This comment is accompanied with a playful elbow nudge in the side.

'I think I am gonna like this big guy.' Velina thinks to herself.


Posted on 2008-12-30 at 00:21:30.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


buy stuff? But I came prepared!

"Unlike some of you folk of the city... I traveled here quite a ways from the forests and thus have fully prepared for adventure. I am going to seek out some of these famed magical items and charms that Waterdeep is supposedly flooded with.

Maybe they have a cheap one that will come in handy."

The cleric of Shevarash gathers his belongings and starts to head out. He stops at the door and turns around.

"We should sleep tonight here, for who knows when we'll be under shelter again. I have led a great many skirmishes in my time... we should leave at first dawn. We don't know exactly where this place is and it might take a while.

After my shopping, I'll be doing some... paperwork at the inn if anyone needs me."

With a bow as if to say 'peace be with you' Ether turned and quickly escaped before anyone could say anything else. The group craved direction and he didn't want anyone to have a chance to change the plan.

(OOC: I'll PM you a shopping list)


Posted on 2008-12-30 at 02:42:29.
Edited on 2008-12-30 at 02:42:51 by Admiral

Bezmir
RDI Fixture
Karma: 24/16
742 Posts


Grumble Grumble moan moan

Kannizan was mumbling as he retrieved his own bag of gold. "We have to go through a forest? Why can't we do a trek over or through a mountain, where a dwarf will have a damned sense of direction?" His mumblings were barely heard, unless one was listening for him, which he didn't think anyone was. When he heard people mentioning food, he spun quickly, the clinking of his coins being audibly heard. "Food? Sounds good. I'm hungry from all the traveling I did. Speaking of, about how long should you say we should get the provisions for?"


Posted on 2008-12-31 at 05:07:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Get enough

"How long will we be gone, prob around 25 dyas as that is what is left on the will's timeline. If we aren't done by then we fail and there is no sense continuing to fight. We might get done sooner but better to have and not need than need and not have."




Posted on 2008-12-31 at 14:29:54.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Okay... maybe a bit TOO dumbed down.

"I know what gold is, don't worry about that." Grabbing the pouch and looking inside, he counts the money. "Alright, that's enough for me, I guess. This place better have good shops seeing how large the city is." Stuffing the gold with his other gold which he had, making sure that nobody had taken any, he turned to Velina. "Ready to go, smart one?" He asked, with half a smile on his face.


Posted on 2008-12-31 at 23:41:37.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Ready

"I figured you knew gold." Velina turned and left for the shops. "I figure we hit the merchants for food, then healing stuff." Velina led the way and stopped a few times to ask directions. Eventually she found the shops necessary. "Well, get what you think you might need."

OOC: I sent a PM to the game master with my shopping list.


Posted on 2009-01-01 at 00:06:58.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Big guy shopping for things in a little shop.

"Man... you think the city folk would make their buildings bigger..." Almyrikon was having trouble not knocking anything over. Oh well... he tried to think of what he needed. He could hunt for food effectively enough. But what about... and maybe that... the shopkeepers were annoying enough, and didn't help his mood either. But he found what he wanted, and met back up with Velina. "You done? The others might think we gave up. The Bearspaw does not give up. And something tells me you don't either."


Posted on 2009-01-01 at 04:36:26.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


Almost ready

"I am almost ready my big friend. Just need to make a last stop by the weapons shop as I have been eyeing a dagger or two. As for why they make the buildings so small there are two reasons, first space in cities is expensive and second most city dwellers don't work out and get as big as you so they think the shops are of just fine size." Velina led the way to the weapons shop and after her last purchase the pair headed back.

"My we get a lot of looks. You would think folks never saw a barbarian and half-elf together before." Velina laughed for she knew what an odd combination the two presented. "Just so you know I never give up; however when required I do change my goals. Tis better to live to fight another day and discretion is the better part of valor are what my elvin teachers told me. It was a passing centaur that said it a differant way; you have to be alive to avenge a wrong."


Posted on 2009-01-01 at 14:55:04.

Zodius
Newbie
Karma: 0/0
7 Posts


After The End.

When the meeting had begun to dwindle in size, Maranda took to the marketplace herself. She always went prepared for the woods, and it would be no effort to her to track down a deer for the fire. However, she knew better than to err on the side of folly. She would grab another fortnight's worth of rations for the road, as well as the same for her trusted companion. Red would be very grumpy with her if he ran out of feed.

After she was done picking up extra food for the road the young ranger headed for the stables. She would rather spend time grooming her horse than striking up pointless conversation. None of her adventuring troupe knew each other apart from salt and sand. She had come off as a bumbling child, dazed and sheepish. The damage had been done and any other chit chat may cause more attrition than the former abuse.

Maranda admired the horses silky mane, and his big brown eyes. She had found a fruit vendor on her journey, and had decided to get an apple for Red. It was a nice treat before such a long journey. After she had finished brushing him to keep than sheen up on his indian red coat, the hunter sat back on a stool and took a catnap. She trusted Red to behave. He'd always been so good around her. Even so she minded that he could see her well from the side. Humans smell like predators to the horse, which is why one should always approach from the side. Calmly.


Posted on 2009-01-02 at 10:21:15.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


To K.O.D

"I stopped by the weapon shop already, but I don't have anything better to do." Walking along was no problem for him. He needed to keep moving in his tribe. Even though he was not the heir... by judgement... he was still the leader of his tribe. And he held that position with an iron fist.

"And you dumb things down for me, but your eyes are obviously not as strong, and I need to point things out to you. While I am what city dwellers call 'barbarian' I share your half-elven heritage. Seeing me, they would see a half-elf and a barbarian together! Maybe I am not the only one which misses things in the open?" With a laugh, Almyrikon smiles. "Come, let us continue trading, so that we may return in time to leave before light falls."


Posted on 2009-01-03 at 04:04:52.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


True

"Well, I guess I did miss you elvin heritage; you are not of the regular mix. I doubt anyone here in this town would guess you to be of mixed blood." Velina thought a moment. "Was it your father or mother who is elvin? For me it was my father who was elvin."

"As for 'dumbing things down for you', I hope I do not offend you. The way I figure it you are smarter than you let on but it might be to our advantage in certain situations to have people think otherwise. Tongues tend to wag more around those judged to 'simple' to understand and you might pick up some useful information. However, if you wish I will cease and not use words differant than those I would normally choose unless you ask for an explaination. Being underestimated is often a good thing; you have an element of surprise on folks. Take me for example, bet none of you know what to make of me do you?"


Posted on 2009-01-03 at 04:18:08.
Edited on 2009-01-04 at 00:51:03 by Keeper of Dragons

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.