The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Raven)Hidden Corruption
Spamvertize - Amazon! (posted by t_catt11)Amazon!
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 1 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> A Local Legend - An Audalis Short Adventure
Parent thread: A Local Legend - Q/A
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev]   
    Messages in A Local Legend - An Audalis Short Adventure
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Isilmiri

"Ghosts." Isilmiri says with a sure conviction that what she said was right. That what this is about, isn't it." Isilmiri had put 1 and 1 together. The innkeepers very denial yesterday of the stories around here. The state of this village, the attack that left a man drained of vitality without a mark on him.

"You don't have to tell us, Ocyari, especially if you promised not to. Isilmiri turns to the innkeeper. " We are not your ordinary group adventurers. We are not all out here just for wealth or fame."

Looking around to the others, she can see their eyes and she knows them well enough to figure what they would want to do in this situation . As for Brother Perrin, he may be new to their group but he had already spoken clearly about what he thought of the matter.

"You," she states empathically "should tell us."


Posted on 2009-02-03 at 23:08:34.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tamuril


"I am not so sure its ghosts, though draining someone is like what ghosts do. Yet ghosts do not take things, and that is what this man alluded to. Also--coming from the sea--that is different. Ghosts are usually tied to a place to do there haunting. Can anyone think of some other supernatural being that does the same."

"We need some more intformation, like what have the people seen and felt and heard? ANd what has been taken?"

Tamuril turns to look at the man. "We are your best hope to be rid of this problem, but it would greatly aid us if you can tell us what you know."


Posted on 2009-02-04 at 00:10:39.

Kilmorrigan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/17
76 Posts


Thumpa blurts ...

Thumpa had been softly pounding the table with one fist, looking from face to face, trying to guage her companions' feelings from what they weren't saying. She pretty much had an idea of what they would want to do, so she voiced it first.

"Typical. The ever-present mindset of the non-combatant. Those who fear and loathe the misery they know, but fear even more that which they do not know, assuming that it would have to be more unplasant than the misery they know. "

"If the choices are to stay and help a reluctant people and risk unpopulairyt or leave the people to a slow and inevitable death, I say Scab it all !! Gather up the village folk. Round them up and herd them into a barn or big building and lock them in until we're done saving them from themselves !! Anyone should be able to see that a quick death, or no death, is preferable to a slow and lingering death."

"My mentor used to say 'Nothing attempted, nothing garnered ... or something like that. I think it means you can't harvest any grain until you put the effort into sowing the seeds. "

Thumpa's face twisted into a slightly sheepish look when it seemed that some hadn't understood her intent. "Okay. The short version. I say we stay and help, whether they like it or not. Not helping is akin to letting them commit suicide by attrition and decimation." Hert face then took on a questioning look and she grinned.

"Next?"


Posted on 2009-02-04 at 00:42:22.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


short reaction

The bartender walked over to their table. Initially he was doing so to stop Ocyari from retelling the situation the town was in, but he was too late for that. Now, all he could do was go along with the ride, however much he dreaded the outcome.

"No, they're certainly not ghosts, m'lady. They're monstrous men, with skin like a snake, and heads like them foreign lizards. But never before has any of them attacked without a reason. We haven't given them any reason to be angry, for many years now. And they never come early either."

He eyed them all nervously, and mumbled: "Please leave this village. I know you intend on doing good, but nothing but harm can come from this."


Posted on 2009-02-04 at 18:39:11.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Isilmiri

"Monsters from the sea. I have never heard of them harassing those who live on land," response Isilmiri after the innkeeper had finished. "Now, what I can't understand is why you do not want help to rid yourself of these creatures."

It wasn't that she did not hear the innkeepers plea that they leave, she had, butshe could not leave these people with this problem without trying to help them.

Isilmiri watched her companions for their reactions hoping to discover what they would do. Her keen eyes missed nothing but it was not the same as hearing their words.


Posted on 2009-02-06 at 17:20:28.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


another group

The innkeeper stared helplessly at the adventurers. Did they not hear his plea, or understand his words?

"There is a reason I ask you to leave, and it is for the sake of this village but also your own. My grandfather told me that when he was a young boy, a group of heroes came, and learned about our problem. They tried to solve the situation then, even attacked the monsters and followed them back into the ocean. They were never seen again, and our town had to pay for their attempt."

There they had his reason. If they were smart, and clung to their lives as much as he hoped, they would leave now. He surely wouldn't want to see any harm come to them.


Posted on 2009-02-06 at 20:34:52.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well then.

"Sir, I'm afraid that with my disposition, I am unable to do that which you ask. Leave? I fear that I cannot. Evil is being done here. I will not stand by idly. We do not have to kill them all, merely drive them away from the village and protect you. We will protect you."

Brother Perrin looked at the rest of the group. "Am I the only one who feels this way, or are we all in agreement?"


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 00:26:37.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Isilmiri

Isimiri who had been watching and waiting for how others feel responds, "I wholehaerated agree with you Brother Perrin."


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 00:49:52.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tamuril


"Since you wished to save us by telling us to leave, and we will not just leave, then you can help us with information."

Tamuril looks to the Innkeeper. How big are these creatures and how many? What sort of weapons do they carry? Do they came from the same place each time they have raided you? What do they want, or what do the take?

"Anyone else have quesetions."

She pauses and then before anyone else speaks she interjects, "You said that what happened to the herder was not normal, so now we have conundrum of another sort."


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 19:01:45.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


well

"I don't know what cununrum is, but they never attacked beyond their monthly visits." Came the anxious reply.

"As for information, I can't tell you much. I shouldn't tell you much. The other villagers will turn against me if they find out I've told you about our problem. They cannot know!"


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 19:07:00.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tamuril


"By telling us you could assure that we will win. You would be their hero. The man that saved them from death and the village from extinction."


Posted on 2009-02-07 at 19:59:48.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


don't make me do this

The innkeeper walked away from their table and started wiping the counter of his bar vigorously.

"Please, you can't keep pushing a man when he said no. I think you have overstayed your welcome here. I know you mean well, but I'm already feeling the strain of your efforts."

(OOC: I rolled a Diplomacy check, but it didn't come high enough. It looks like you're going to have to find out things in a different way.)


Posted on 2009-02-08 at 09:42:54.

Kilmorrigan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/17
76 Posts


Thumpa quips ...

Thumpa simply grunts and nods assent to brobher Perrrin's assessment.

" You already have my thoughts on what I think we should do, and that seems to agree with Brother Perrin's desires. But we need information to make a plan. An upplanned venture is a failed venrute. I want to show these simple folk that someetimes strangers can be trusted to simply do what's right. I will say no other words unles it is to plan something."

There seemed to be an edge of frustration to her words, but her facial expression, as it could be read, was one of resigned humor.



Posted on 2009-02-08 at 17:20:08.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Alright then. I see where your help stops.

"Very well innkeeper. If you do not wish to provide us with the information to save your town, then perhaps there is someone else who is out there who would be willing to save themselves by requesting the aid of those willing to help. Since you do not seek to do so, then I shall seek someone else."

With that final statement, and a nod of acknowledgement to the innkeeper, Brother Perrin moves towards the door, leaving, and looking around at the people outside, trying to get a feel of who is out there, and who might have loose lips.


Posted on 2009-02-08 at 20:32:05.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Tamuril


"I will go with you." Tamuril said, "Let us try the village smith, most smiths are of a nature that might be forth coming with information. A man who beats shapes out of metal, has a certain about of metal in him." Tarmuil offer her insight on that subject.

She stood and followed Brother Perrin out of the Inn.


Posted on 2009-02-08 at 21:48:50.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev]   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.