The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: SilentOne, Odyson
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by crowe)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Of Dragons and Men.
Parent thread: Of Dragons and Men Questions and Answers
GM for this game: gboy
Players for this game: Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Nimu, Mithral·Dragon
    Messages in Of Dragons and Men.
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion

Trillion looked at Selunine, "Yes wherever we decide to go you will need some form of transportation. Though my war horse could easily carry both of us but you will be more comfortable on a horse of your own as soon as we can find a dealer in horses. Until then we will avail ourselves of the good Father's offer. While I wish to return here to continue my study of the Ten sided hall and the story od Melios" Trillion replies.

S"o what do you want to do wait or go to Badon and now."


Posted on 2009-02-11 at 06:21:15.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


Decision

Selunine looked at Trillion for a moment, and nodded. The was much to be learned from the great Hall of Heroes, but it could be studied later. Selunine had no desire to wait outside the city walls, she had come here to act. It would seem that Trillion had begun to learn the story of Melios, the dragons, and the heroes. Perhaps it was time to reveal something of why she was here. There would be time enough for that on their way to Badon.

"I think it best we make our way to Badon, there will be time enough to return to the holy city. Let us go." Violet eyes peered out at Trillion, awaiting a response.


Posted on 2009-02-15 at 14:51:40.
Edited on 2009-02-15 at 15:00:27 by Nimu

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion.

I think it s a viable alternative to 8 wasted hours out here. Perhaps I can find out more information there as well


Guard perhaps while we wait here until my horse is brought, you can tell me what is of interest in Badon, In whaqt direction does it lie, and how long will it take a good horse to get there.


Posted on 2009-02-15 at 15:48:41.
Edited on 2009-02-18 at 23:19:06 by Brianna

Falas
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/19
135 Posts


My friend, be prepared.

(OOC: If it's dark i shall use my "Cloak of the Bat." If not "Hat of Disguise" with a move silently and hide. I assume you already did the move silently though.)

As Achilles either A, transforms into a bat and sticks to the trees. Or B, disguises himself as an ordinary peasant and attempts to sneak up until he can hear clearly, he really does hope it's a traveling group heading to Badon.


Posted on 2009-02-16 at 00:23:58.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Game Post.

Outside The Holy City of Alimar | Year 593 NDE
Trillion and Selunine prepare to leave the Holy City. Or rather, leave from outside the city, as they were not permitted inside. Trillion, however, had one last question.

Guard perhaps while we wait here untile my horse is brought you can tell me what is of interest in Badon, is in what directions does it lies, and how log will it take a good horse to get there.
The guard furrows his brow thinking. He pauses for a few seconds, and says, "Well miss, I haven't been to Badon much meself... but we do get quite a few people passing through here who've been there. They say it's nice... pretty much anything you're looking to buy, they got it. The pubs are nice too, so I've heard..." The guard rolls his eyes up towards his forehead, as though trying to look in to his brain to see everything that he's remembered.

His eyes bulge wide suddenly, a spark of delight in his eyes. "Oh! Right! I remember this chap telling me about a little story he heard once... it was about some island. Apparently, on the night of the full moon... you can see the tip of an island coming up over the water... a strange whistling comes from inside too... Strange little story, but I've only heard it once. Would be quite a sight to see though..."

"As for time it should take a good horse... you're probably looking at a fortnight, if you don't push it too hard. You could probably get there faster though."

Trillion's horse is returned to her. The carriage is opened up to permit Selunine entrance, though Trillion declines, wishing to use her own horse. And with one final glance at the city, the two decide to head out, Trillion on her horse, Selunine in the carriage.

The first day passes uneventfully, fading into an uneventful night... This continues for the majority of the first week, and a good portion of the second.

However, on the tenth day, a small village comes into view. And village would be a generous term. A few shacks, mainly built of mud and straw stand in front of you, a few people line the main road, selling fruits, vegetables, bread, tools... all simple, but still effective.

With a look to the horizon, you can see a massive city on the shoreline, almost cut with precision along the side of the cliff. That must be Badon. A few more days, and you would be there. For now however, a small town is before you.

The coach master opens a small window in the roof. "Should I call for a stop Miss Selunine, or would you like to press on? We Have enough supplies, and it's mostly just rabble here. But, if you like, we can stop. Perhaps you can discuss it with your companion."

Outside the Cave Near Badon | Year 593 NDE
Ninian looked up at Morasennarion, and whispered "Thank you. I feel like I can genuinely trust you. Your just like Eliwood..."

She trails off, lost in her thoughts of the past.

The sounds grow larger, when a frail peasant emerges from the forest, looking very old, and very pale. However, with your keen eyes, you notice something different about this peasant... he stands straight, and his legs and arms seem strong, more so than what work in the field will give you. A very odd peasant indeed...

(OOC: Important Rolls - Spot: 35)

Forest Near Badon | Year 593 NDE
Achilles concentrated on his hat, and he slowly felt the magic coat him in a protective cover, obscuring his true form, and taking one of an old peasant. He notice the forest coming to an end, and carefully crept towards the entrance, moving quietly.

However, as he approached the entrance, he noticed that he was being watched. There was a pair of young females; both with very angular features.

One of the creatures had a very pointed face, accompanied with dark skin, almost black. White hair flowed down her shoulders, and golden eyes were fixed on you.

The other one, however, had rounder features, though still pointed. Tanned, but not dark, she was dressed in what appeared to be nobles fineries. Emerald hair falls down to her waist, though it seems very well kept.

The two seem to have stopped their conversation, now aware of your presence.

(OOC: Important Rolls - Disguise: 18 )

The Skies | Year 593 NDE
Kandar lashed out at Volke, catching him in the face with a right hook. Volke pulled back, allowing Kandar free run through the door.

Running to his loyal Steelwing, Kandar felt a strong pang in his left shoulder, just between his armor, but he wouldn't let it stop him. A cool drop brushed his back, quickly followed by the warm flow of the blood trickling from the wound, but Kandar doesn't stop. Upon reaching his Steelwing, however, the whole world goes white for Kandar. He feels his feet get lifted off the ground though, and his Steelwing expertly maneuvers him into place on the saddle.

The world still white for Kandar, he reaches back to his shoulder to try and feel what was back there. Pricking himself, he gingerly pulls out what hit him. Feeling the object, he realizes it is a star shaped metallic weapon... and that it was sticky. Someone had thrown this at him from the building. And somehow, it had robbed him of sight.

However, a life in the air did not rely solely on sight. Kandar heard a faint rumbling below him... perhaps a town, that possibly had a healer in it? Maybe if he went down and explained his plight, he would be cured of his ailment... or maybe he would be caught again.

(OOC: Important Rolls - Jaffar's Attack: 46 - Damage: 3 / Fort Save (initial) 16 / Fort Save (secondary) 27 / Poison Damage: Blindness. / Listen: 20)

Current HP: 132/135


Posted on 2009-02-16 at 05:32:04.
Edited on 2009-02-16 at 17:40:20 by gboy

Falas
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/19
135 Posts


Woohooo

Acchiles trys his best to look like an old peasant, hopefully it will work.Aye' so you heading to Badon, mind giving me a ride. (Breathing heavily after every sentence to help with his lie.) It seems as if i have lost my way there after spending some time in the fields. I promise not to be a bother, except i am a very curious man. Going to Badon on business or pleasure?


Posted on 2009-02-16 at 13:58:49.
Edited on 2009-02-16 at 17:20:10 by Falas

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


Kandar

Kandar started to panic, his vision completely disabled, he could not ride much longer without risking an injury. He heard a buzzing underneath him, it must've been some settlement he whispered the gentle words into his steelwings ears telling him to land.

He had landed just away from the settlement as he instructed, he fiddled around in his bag, he had found it! He put on his hat and hoped he looked less aasimar and more normal human.

He ordered the steelwing to stay nearby but out of sight and so Kandar wandered into the village hoping for gratitude lastly he hid his gold about himself in many different pockets and crevices.


Posted on 2009-02-16 at 15:09:32.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


roads and houses of mud brick

"Should I call for a stop Miss Selunine, or would you like to press on? We have enough supplies, and it's mostly just rabble here. But, if you like, we can stop. Perhaps you can discuss it with you companion." The coach master addressed her through the small roof window of the carriage, and she looked up for a moment before returning her violet gaze to the scene before her. Selunine pulled the carriage curtain aside to study the rural dwellings scattered sparsely across this landscape. The silhouette of a great city could be seen in the distant horizon. Pressing a white hand to the carriage window the fey looked from village to city and back again. A respite from travel for a night would be nice, but being so close the city pressing on would be the logical choice. She would have to ask Trillion, perhaps the other woman had desires to visit the shanty town.

"If we could stop for a moment I will take it up with my friend, thank you." Selunine answered with her gaze fixated on the mud brick buildings before them. As the carriage came to a halt she stepped out, the small dog in one arm and her white skirts held in the other. Selunine made her way to Trillion, moving with a slowed deliberation. Dropping her skirts she raised a delicate hand to Trillion, gesturing for her to stop.

Taking another step to the woman and her horse Selunine spoke, "It would appear that we are only days away from Badon. However, as we stand here before the village, have you need of anything? Do you need respite from travel?"


Posted on 2009-02-18 at 01:54:23.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Mora


"I am sorry, Ol' Gaffer," says Mora, politely, not allowing her voice to show anything, but respect for the old man, "but we have no horse here, we are having picnic.”

“I am not traveling to Badon for business or pleasure because I live in Badon," she explains. "I can show you to a small road, it is but a 1/2 mile away and that will lead you to the city, you might even find a merchant or farmer heading into town and catch a ride with them.”

She turns to the girl, “Let’s walk him to the road and then we can come back to finish our picnic.”

Mora takes up her haversack and nods to Ninian. She strides so off towards the north and the road. It takes about 10 minutes as the man moves slowly, feigning age, knowing that because a truly old man would have fallen any number of times over the broken ground that Mora took him over.

Then she comes to a trail she knows goes to the main road and stops. “Go left here and follow this small road to the main road into Badon which is to the left when you get to the crossroads. There is a sign there, but if you cannot read just turn left at the main road the intersection is marked by large stones.” She repeated it again. “If you wait on the rocks you might get someone to give you into town.”

With that she waves goodbye and heads back the way they came. Though she does not go far.

"That man was disguised," she said to Ninian. "Earlier someone was following us, the man that showed me that cave and myself. I thought that I lost them, but it was not an old man that I got away from and that one was not really an old man, either.


Posted on 2009-02-18 at 23:36:51.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trllion


Trillion looked about her before answering Selunine. "It would be good to sleep in a bed if this place has one to offer. It might also give us a chance to eat other than our own cooking. Villages have been scarce lately. If they have no inn then we will have to travel on though, I could use some more supplies and to replenish our provisions I had not pack more than ten days rations. I am heartily sick of trail rations and what small game we have found thus far on the road."

"Hopefully, nearer the city, we will find larger towns and better supplies and a real inn. Let us take a break for now and see what we can find."



Posted on 2009-02-18 at 23:51:03.
Edited on 2009-02-19 at 02:02:38 by Brianna

Falas
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/19
135 Posts


Not like it matters

Achilles knowing that soon his disguise will wear off, he deactivates it mid conversation. Why thank you kind ma'am, it seems when my whales and i were chasing down a criminal we got lost. Anyways the disguise was there because i am quite paranoid at the moment. Achilles calling her bluff hoping it works out he say "But i have never seen you in Badon, don't visit the inn, aye'? I'm the janitor. (Going over badly if she really does live in Badon, but his insane muttering doesn't help either) Ah yes today was quite the day, Dragons and whales. And flying old man. Time to get going, gotta' save the world you know?

Give me some time, i might get us a Pony(Rhino) to ride there.
(OOC: DONKEY KONG COUNTRY)


Posted on 2009-02-19 at 02:40:23.
Edited on 2009-02-19 at 02:50:37 by Falas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Mora

After Achilles revealation Mora waves him off. The man seems to be crazed with talk of whales and such. He was not from Badon, that was for sure.

"I do not know what game you play, but I and my friend are not in the mood." Mora looks him over carefully she carried only a dagger, but that did not mean she was helpless.

"I would rather you go your way and we will go ours." she points down the road that will meet with the main road and waits. "You had best get started."


Posted on 2009-02-19 at 20:18:22.
Edited on 2009-02-21 at 04:22:28 by Dragon Mistress

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Let's Keep this Rollin'

The Village on the Way to Badon
Selunine and Trillion decided to stop in the small town on the way to Badon. Deciding to halt, and re-stock, they leave their horses and main supplies with the carriage and rider. After wandering around the village for a few minutes, they come to the largest building in the town, which happens to be the only inn in the city.

As you walk in to the inn, you notice that it's very poorly kept. There's muck all over the walls, and dirt covers the ground. The tables, however, were spotless, polished, and smooth. The few patrons there - while seeming not happy about the chairs and the floors - weren't complaining. Upon hearing a small bell ring, a peculiar humanoid stands up, and looks at you with a almost featureless face. It has pale grey skin, and thin hair, framing what looks like a nose and mouth, though nothing very obvious. It looks at you. Its eyes are wholly white.

"Welcome to the Dame of Dusk. It's rare that we get outsiders here.. or rather, people from another town. Well, anyways, if you want anything, let me know." As you inquire about a room, the figure nods. "Well, as you can probably assume, without many visitors, rooms are very open. You're welcome to one, if you wish it."

(OoC: I'm gonna assume that you wanted a room, because of your posts.)

The first half of the night passes uneventfully, and it feels good to slump into a comfy bed. After your meditation, however, you wake to a young woman with her head in your bags, looking through your possessions. Her ears perk up however as you move to react, dashing out. "All that glitters is not gold girls. Catch me if you can." She says as she leaps out the window, into the still quiet night.


Outside the Cave Near Badon
Ninian looked at Morasennarion with open innocent eyes. "Do you think we should follow him then? If he's following us, then maybe he is evil, and has malicious intent. Perhaps we should exterminate him." Her eyes narrow in a way, almost seeming to glow, but then she blinks and the glow disappears.

Ninian picks up her skirt, and looks through the trees. "We could probably catch up to him, while still staying at a distance, if we... by Melios what is that?"

Her gaze raises to the sky, and she seems to be facing the same direction Badon is in. As you follow her gaze, you realize that there is a large pillar of smoke rising from where the city would be.

The Forest Near Badon
Achilles- After following the woman's directions, soon sees the familiar walls of Badon, however in a very unfamiliar state.

The city's walls were seriously destroyed, with smoke rising from the holes in the wall. the buildings near the fringe of the city were scorched. Many of the people lay strewn up the ground, burning, with their equipment melted to the ground. Some of them were merely smoldering, their flesh bubbling as they lay dead. The world seems to be dead, caught in some flash fire.

As you walk the roads, searching for any sign of life to try and get a message to Taori, you hear a scream. As you look over, you don't pinpoint the location immediately. However, you soon see a body lift up. However, upon further examination, it's not alive. It begins clawing at its face, and skin. Pulling her skin from her skeleton, she stands, facing you. To your horror, many other people begin doing the same, and slowly lurch towards you, driven by an unknown force.

Unknown City
Kandar wandered blindly through the field, stumbling a few times and finally the sound of the city got closer. As he called out for help, a young voice said. "Why look at this. A man, who can't seem to see nothin'. It seems like the perfect guy to be relieved of his gold, don't he boys?"

You hear a few more muffled groans as agreement, as more footsteps surround you. However, before you can react, a loud crunching sound signals the arrival of someone else. And the shout of pain which soon faded into nothing sounded like the person who had the intent of robbing you.

A cold voice spoke to you. "Don't worry about the low life's stranger. Just follow me." He grabs your wrist and forcefully pulls you through the town.

"Now stand still." He says. Your sight, which was once pure white, now fades to black. Then, some water gets splashed on you. When your vision clears, you notice that the world is not white, but back to sight. You stand looking at a young boy, maybe around 19 or so, with a pair of horns on his head. For the most part covered in scars, he has one notable scar running the length of his arm, from finger tip to shoulder. "There. You see now, don't you? Just what're you doing, dropping in like that? You could've been robbed blind... literally in both senses... or killed. What's your deal?"


Posted on 2009-02-23 at 05:10:11.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


A Charm

Selunine breathed deeply, a muffled rustling waking her from the trance. Slowly her eyes took in the darkened room, and fell on the silhouette of a small woman rummaging through the bags in their room. Selunine leapt to her feet, but before she could react fully the intruder jumped out the window. The woman stopped just outside the window, her shadowed features watching them. Stepping towards the window the silver haired fey gazed out the window at the silhouette, her violet eyes glowing brighter. The familiar feeling of magic washed over her like a tide. Pulsing through her veins it flowed through her, and her whole being vibrated with its rhythms.

"You look tired child," Selunine spoke with a seductive coolness, "It would be best if you came back in our room and took a nap. Return what you have taken and you can take a relaxing nap in one of these comfortable beds." Compulsion echoed each word, carrying the power of Selunine's spell to the shadowed woman. The enchantress spun her charm and stepped back from the window awaiting the intruder's return.

(OOC: casts Suggestion on the woman outside the window.)


Posted on 2009-02-25 at 19:13:01.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion

A muffled rustling woke Trillion. She slept lightly when not at home or in a secure place. The unfamiliar, out of place drew her attention, It this case it was a noise that roused her.

Roused she looked about and saw a small woman bening over near where there packs. Apparently the thief was aware of Trillion;s awakened state, and she quickly turned to leave by the window. Trillion rose with alacrity. Seluniin was ahead of her and got to the window shortly after the woman had fled out it.

Changing directions, Trillion moved up to check her bags since Selunine was at the window already. She quickly checked her haversack to find out what had been taken. After she checked it out she turns to watch Selunine. The glow of magic radiated from the woman and she heard the mummer of her words. Making a spellcraft check (if she makes it) she approved of the spell being used. Trillion waited to see if Selunine’s spell worked or not. She prepared a spell herself. Levitate would work very nicely. At this range she could pick the small woman up and bring her up o the window with no problem.


Posted on 2009-02-25 at 21:07:29.
Edited on 2009-02-25 at 21:19:57 by Brianna

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.