The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is tratxem015.
Online members: t_catt11, SilentOne, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - New Destiny Characters (posted by Alacrity)New Destiny Characters
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Of Dragons and Men.
Parent thread: Of Dragons and Men Questions and Answers
GM for this game: gboy
Players for this game: Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Nimu, Mithral·Dragon
    Messages in Of Dragons and Men.
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


All in the shorter time... god job.

The Village on the Way to Badon
Selunine and Trillion were still in shock about the events which had just happened, however now they had a new issue on their hands. As Selunine whipped out her scrying shard. With the magic flowing through her, she focused on the shard, and slowly a view of Badon became visible. Inside the city, the streets were smoking, everything destroyed, and corpses strewn on the ground. However, as you are looking, an old man walks by your sensor, and bends down to some of the dead corpses. He then stands, and continues on to the next group of corpses. He repeats this process until your sensor can no longer see him.

The city lies still for several heartbeats, and then - as though provoked by something - all of the corpses rise, and claw at themselves, pulling flesh from their bones. When this gory scene is completed, they all begin to lurch toward something... though your sensor can't see what.

Your coach master asks, "Is everything alright my ladies? Shall we continue?" He obviously isn't aware of what has happened.

Badon - Outskirts
Morasennarion drew her Katana, and held Ninian close to her as she walked through the now possessed Badon. As she walked, the skeletons noticed her, and began walking toward you two. However, as they began approaching you, the suddenly reared back, as if in pain. This prevented them from approaching you, though they followed. behind you, keeping their distance.

In front of you, surrounded by what seems like hundreds of skeletons, you see the man who had been following you in the forest. He seems to be easily dodging all of the claws of the skeletons. In front of you, as you and Ninian proceed, the skeletons notice you, and hold part, looking in pain. Once you get far enough, they close in again, behind you, thought they stay a good twenty feet away.

Badon - Center
Achilles looks around in a calm manner as he proceeds to dodge and duck every single attack thrown at him with ease. He sees mostly everything completely decimated, level to the ground. However, one thing that he sees is a rather sturdy pillar still up, though slightly burnt. Climbing up, you can get a full view of the city... or at least what remains of it. The skeletons are everywhere.

But what perks your notice is that there are three groups of skeletons. One at your feet, one near the entrance, which seemed to be standing in a wide radius around two people... and another one that was being absolutely destroyed by a someone. As you look closer, you can see heads flying, legs being destroyed, and body parts in general flying every which way.

The City of Eva
The tiefling's eyes narrow as you take off your hat, revealing yourself as an Assimar. He clearly doesn't enjoy Assimars, but isn't making any move to attack you. "Oh. You're an Assimar. Well."

All throughout your tale, the man remains quiet, and unmoving. When you finish, the same still continues for a few seconds. The he lets out a grunt.

"So. Let me get this straight. There's is a guild of assassins, who are after a dragon named Taori. Not only that, they are trying to raise Dragon Isle, which hasn't been seen since the Dragon Wars. They seem intent on bringing dragons back. And not only that, they have a plot in place to destroy the apostle in Alimar." He chuckles a bit, shaking his head. Finally his eyes meet yours, and he stops moving.

"Assimar, if it were anyone else telling me this, I wouldn't take them seriously. However, seeing as your race always has the motivation to 'do the right thing' as they call it, I'll take your word for it. So, Alimar eh? Well, that would be to the southeast. A bit more south than east, but still southeast. If you're going there, I'd like to accompany you. It's better than sitting here doing nothing. The temple won't be damaged, nobody comes here anyways. At least defending the faith is something worth doing. If you devise a plan, I'll come with you. The Apostle won't be dying anytime soon."


Posted on 2009-03-09 at 03:05:29.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


If you must!

OOC: can my mount carry two people if so here is the post!

Kandar stopped eyeing up the tiefling not even attempting to be subtle about it could he afford two misfits himself and he going into the city of Alimar it was holy as it was. He had to make a decision well he was alone maybe he needed some company "Sure I will take you with me your not scared of heights are you?" And with that Kandar briskly strolled out of the building hoping the tiefling will follow he gave a sharp whistle, so high now human could hear it. He got to the landing platform and waited for his transport to get there. Sharply he looked behind him seeing if the tiefling was there he hoped he was.


Posted on 2009-03-09 at 18:44:15.

Falas
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 5/19
135 Posts


Let us see.

Achilles always enjoying a chance to use his toys, and a chance to rest. Decides he wants to push his way to the pillar, then climb up. Once up he plans to throw his fuzzy balls, Bag of Tricks, in the general direction of the two people. Because they look like they need help. And he has nothing better to do he'll send another of his, Fuzzy Balls, toys straight down. He doesn't enjoy work. AND VIOLENCE IS WRONG THAT'S WHY TOO SIR.


Posted on 2009-03-09 at 19:45:49.
Edited on 2009-03-09 at 19:46:22 by Falas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion

Trillion turns to look at Selunine. She notices that the elven woman had noticed the distant disturbance but did not know that it was Badeon that soe so attacked.

"I do not know what has happened or where it is happening." She turns to the coachman, "What lies in that direction," she points out the remnants in the sky over where, whatever it was, had happened.


Posted on 2009-03-12 at 02:26:31.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


The coachman.

"Well Mistress Trillion, that would be Badon in that area. Or, at least, what was Badon. It would seem as though it's take a massive hit. It's possible there could be survivors though."


Posted on 2009-03-12 at 02:28:16.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


A Vision

Selunine stared into the crystal surface of the scrying shard and as the familiar feel of magic flowed through her into the shard a vision of Badon came into view within its facets. The enchantress watched as a scene of carnage unfolded before her. Corpses were littered across the smoke filled streets and through the black clouds the figure of an old man emerges. She watches as he bends down to a group of corpes and then another, and another until he moves out of her vision. After a moment of stillness the corpses rise and rip the flesh from their bones before they rush toward something out of her view. Selunine shuts her eyes for a moment and shakes her head slightly. Corpses rising in death heralded but one thing, necromancy. The elf hissed harshly at the thought the the loathsome black arts. This mortal world was truly tainted, but she had come here to save it not condemn it.

She returned the shard to a belt pocket and turned to face Trillion and the driver for a moment. "The city of Badon has been annihilated," Selunine spoke in a cool tone devoid of emotion, "The streets lie covered in smoke and an old man has brought the corpses to life. Animated death stalks the city streets. It is doubtful that any have survived, but the dead cannot be allowed to wander." She turned from them and stared at the distant rising smoke. The dead would have to be stopped.


Posted on 2009-03-12 at 05:03:14.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion

"We will go and do what we can. Rescue if possile any who need hle and fight such evil as we encounter." Trillion concur as she mounts her horse and turns towards thestricken city of Badon. "Hurry, Coachman. There are people in need."


Posted on 2009-03-16 at 05:19:59.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Morasennarion


"Come, let us get to that man and then out of here, I do not know why the skeletons are staying away from us, but I will not question whether the Gods and Godesses intervened or if it Dame Fortune."

Morasennarion continues on to to where the man of diguises stands. She lets the horror of what has happened slide over her like water. Here and now were what was inportant, she could do nothing about what had and was happening. She hopes the circle of undead will continue to keep back from them as they near the man putting him inside the circle with them.

"Come, man of many faces," she will say when he is in the circle with them, "we must depart. My family has a home outside the city, I pray that it still is safe and unaffected by what has happened here."



Posted on 2009-03-16 at 17:27:22.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Game Post.

The Road on the Way to Badon
"Right away mistress Selunine! Of course mistress Trillion!"

The coachman hurriedly jumped up and vaulted onto the carriage. As Selunine enters and Trillion mounts her own horse, the coachman whips the horses, and they begin to slowly walk. However, with another whip, they begin to gallop, full speed heading toward the fire that is Badon. The smell of smoke is now in the air, even though you are still rather far away.

Arriving at the city, you notice hordes of skeletons all intently focused on seemingly one thing. There must be hundreds of skeletons, all facing one central item of attention.

The horses violently jump up as you near, but the coachman keeps them in check so that they don't bolt. "Look, I'm sorry, but this is as far as I'm gonna be able to take you! The horses won't go any further. And I'm not going any further either, so get out now, and be on your way. Thank you."

(OoC: Assuming you do as he says)
The walls of Badon are shattered. Gaping holes line the stone walls, and the houses on the inside are either smoldering, or burning. Small bits of skin litter the ground outside what used to be the gate. Inside, you can see a man standing on a pillar, surrounded by skeletons. Perhaps that's what they are focused on. But for some reason which you can't see, they haven't gotten to him yet. Maybe you're just in time to try and save him. Or maybe he has no chance left, and you're here to witness his death.

The Center of Badon
Achilles stood on the top of the pillar, and began reaching for his bag of tricks. He had gotten lucky with it before, so why not now? But as he reached for it, he noticed that the two young women were actually pushing the skeletons back. Not by force, but by some odd magical power or something.

Also, looking in the other direction, the bones flying seem to be getting closer, and you see a greataxe poke its head out a few times, appearing just above the massive hoard, sending bones flying with it. A thigh bone comes out and hits you in the forehead, not really hurting, but still giving you some shock.

Shaking your head and looking down, the two young women are now directly below you. You recognize them as the women who you met in the forest, the ones who guided you out. The paler one has a Katana drawn, held masterfully in her hand, ready to lash out at anything that may approach. However, for some reason, the skeletons are standing back.

Almost simultaneously, the greataxe cleaves through, and a burly man steps forward, wearing fine armour that seems to glow with a faint light, greataxe in his two hands. It would seem as though he made it through the crowd, and is the only survivor of the Badon assault. He turns to the woman wielding the Katana and smiles.

"Well look here! Mora! Good t' see you again. I'm glad you weren't affected by this... this... whatever! Now let's get out of 'ere, so you you can introduce me to your new friends, eh?"

The Center of Badon
Morasennarion and Ninian carefully waded through the battle, heads always looking all around them. The skeletons however, seemed to not want to get close to them at all. It was slow going, but eventually, the two women wound up at the base of the pillar where the man was.

The man, suddenly being smacked by a thigh bone, drops down into your midst, grateful for a bit of reprieve from having to protect himself.

Almost simultaneously, the greataxe cleaves through, and a burly man steps forward, wearing fine armour that seems to glow with a faint light, greataxe in his two hands. You recognize it as Hector, the barkeep, and your good friend. It would seem that somehow, he survived this apocalypse from the sky, and was not turned.

"Well look here! Mora! Good t' see you again. I'm glad you weren't affected by this... this... whatever! Now let's get out of 'ere, so you you can introduce me to your new friends, eh?"

Leaving the City of Eva
Kandar patiently waits on top of his Steelwing, waiting for the man to emerge and travel with him. He did not have to wait long however, as the man soon emerged in shining full platemail bearing a strange symbol which you haven't seen. Strapped along his back is a ten foot rod with what seems to be a loop on the end of it. But at his side is a Warhammer that looks like it could whack something rather forcefully.

"Alright Assimar, I'm ready if you are. Alimar is out that way." He indicates with his right arm the direction of the sun. "And it's fairly far. I hope that oversized bird of yours can fly, if you want to get there fast enough. But, as usual, trust is key. Let's ride."

He walks over and sits down on the back of the Steelwing. With that, you take off, with your Steelwing flying at all possible speed. However, the sun goes down, and you deem it unwise to try and fly in the dark.

The next morning, you take off again at full speed. About midday, the Tiefling speaks. "I'm Vanian. You?"

And that seems to be all that he is in the mood to say.

Near sunset, you see towers rising, and soon a city is in your view. Towers reaching almost as high as your are flying, Vanian says "This is it. The city. Now, what are we looking for exactly?"

You pull down and land your Steelwing outside the gates. The guards look at you skeptically, and cross their spears in front of the doors.

"Who are you, and what is your business in Alimar?" One of them asks.


Posted on 2009-03-23 at 01:38:41.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


Prosprects

Selunine stepped out from the coach and took in the chaotic scene before her. The fey narrowed her eyes at the sight of the mass of skeletons, too many for them to take on alone but there had to be a way to save the man who it seemed was the lone survivor of Badon.

Turning to Trillion she began,"We two cannot destroy them all, but we can bring the man on the pillar to safety. If you can fly up to him I can distract their attentions for a time."


Posted on 2009-03-25 at 16:47:04.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trillion

"Coachman you are free to go." She went over her spells that would be useful against those skeletons to try to cut through them to whatever was in the center of them.

After Selunine steps down and speaks, Trillion looks to her. "Yes, I can fly over their and take him up if he is not too heavy. I will go invisible just in case there is something other than skeletons about that may take exception to my rescue attempt." Trillion felt sure of her abilities enough to have no fear of what she was going to do but she was cautious.

Trillion steps down from her horse. "Mount my horse he will keep you safe or if you have to flee, he can carry you quickly. I will rescue him first and then any others I can find and bring them here.



Posted on 2009-03-25 at 18:46:13.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


Ready

"Agreed, I will take out as many as I can once you take flight. That will certainly draw their attention." Selunine looks to Trillion for a moment before returning her gaze to the skeletons. Though she preferred subversive magics there were times when subtlety was to be cast aside. Readying herself she nodded to Trillion and faced the skeletons, her violet eyes glowing bright with the tell tale light of magic.


Posted on 2009-03-25 at 20:42:57.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Mora


"Good to see you Hector," She then looks up, "Come down Old Man and we will leave the cit--and hurry."

"Hector, I am heading for my home, come with us. You can not deal with all these undead before you wear out you arm."

Once the man is down, Mora will use he Katana to point the direction they need to go, next she turns to Ninian, "Let use hope they do not follow us out of the city."


Posted on 2009-03-26 at 19:26:55.

stryke
Resident
Karma: 16/11
245 Posts


I'm Back

Kandar dismissed his mount with a whistle hoping to intimidate the guards a little, he approached the guards confidently, and said "My friend and I are simply here on holy pilgrimmage we come to sit before the high apostle we have some... interesting information to relay. Trust me it's of utmost importance." He motioned towards Vanian to stand with him, and hoped the guards would let him through because after all they didn't look much like pilgrims at all.


Posted on 2009-03-26 at 23:01:45.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Trilllion

"Selunine. You can pick away at the fringes of those skeletons right now if you want but we don't know what they are surrounding. I will know more once I fly over to that pedestal . I have decided to levitate him so that I can remove him safely just in case he panics." She smiles as she adds, "It is better to ask forgiveness later."

Casting Invisibility on herself she flies high over the skeletons and then cast levitate on the figure on the pedestal, when she is within range and floats him off towards Selunine. (that is what she plans)


Posted on 2009-03-28 at 02:05:45.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.