The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: t_catt11, SilentOne, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Modern --> Despair: Of Life, Of Love, Of Death
Related thread: Of Life, Of Death, Of Love - 4e - Recruit
Related thread: Despair Q&A
GM for this game: Merideth
Players for this game: Reralae, Loki, Nimu, Cyco
This game is on hiatus.
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   
    Messages in Despair: Of Life, Of Love, Of Death
RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1269 Posts


memories and a suggestion

Ielei's eyes narrowed as the canine pair harangued Clementine, and narrowed to indigo slits when one of the pair grabbed the dwarf's arm. Beneath her still features anger frothed and boiled and the elf began contemplating a perro asado feast for the citizens of Cherish, male violence on women infuriated her. She felt an equally angered presence at her side, and recognized it immediately. Turning her head slightly her indigo gaze fell on an a beautiful elf woman; copper skinned, emerald eyed, and golden haired - an apparition that only she could see. Their eyes met, the indignant rage of one mirrored mirrored in the gaze of the other. The elven apparition had been called Iemaia; the bond they shared could not be broken by the passing of the ages, death, or even the extinction of a people. Iemaia was a part of Ielei and Ielei was a part of Iemaia. A spectral copper hand touched her shoulder, and rage calmed itself. Perhaps the situation could be diffused without violence, it was doubtful but preferable.

Her hopes to mediate the situation were dowsed as Karn Tur sneered insults at the dogmen. Ielei shot a glance to Iemaia and muttered something in the elf tongue, something to the effect of "idiot men and their bravado." She missed the matriarchies of the days of old. Shooting an icy stare at Karn Tur, the elf took a step forward and glanced at each of the canines in turn.

"Perhaps," Ielei addressed the dogmen with a firm calm "it would be best if you found somewhere else to water your thirst?"


Posted on 2009-02-20 at 19:25:47.

Cyco
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
14 Posts


Unhand her!

Some days Nuar really doesn't like being short, oh what he would give for another couple of feet so he could walk up to the creature and talk the thing down face to face, but when you only come up to their stomach it just doesn't have the same effect.

So Nuar stands up holding his bow loosely in his left hand and points with at the dog man holding Clementine with the arrow he holds in his right hand, "Unhand her creature, if there is to be any cleaning it's your blood that will need to be mopped up. She has already made it clear you are not welcome and unless you want to die with a parched throat I suggest you find a drink elsewhere."

He eyes the creatures teeth and their proximity to Clementine and wonders if an eye or heart shot would be the safest way to take this creature down if it went for her throat, then decides his Eye because whilst being short had plenty of disadvantages there were still some advantages and Clementine's height would work in her favor if it came to that.


Posted on 2009-02-21 at 01:43:56.

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Shots In the Night

The grey haired one, Hector, smirked as the group spoke up unanimously in favor of the inn keeper. He casually walked past their table to another that was recently abandoned and sat down slowly. Resting his long spindly arms on the table he simply sat there and watched while the other dog man was confronted.

The other let go of Clementine and turned toward the group of pilgrims.

She rubbed her arm and stepped back slowly.

“Hey Hector, these boys and girls wanna fight, even the little one. What do you say?”

“I say you handle it, I’m going to wait until your done and then get me a drink…” Hector laughed.

“Well I guess it’s three on one!” The black haired one grinned widely as he raised his arms above his head, interlaced his fingers and cracked his knuckles, before reaching down into his poncho. Just as his hand makes it into the poncho, however, he lets out a loud howl as a small black hole appears in the poncho. Immediately his now bleeding hand pulls out of the poncho and he lets out a series of curses.

Smoke lifts from the barrel resting on Karn’s leg.

Clementine rushes into the main section of the building. While at the other table Hector groans as he grips the table, his nails turning into claws, his face looking more and more like a coyote with each passing second.


Posted on 2009-02-28 at 21:53:28.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Quick shots

Standing up quick Karn was inclined to watch but he had a feeling that what ever was happening was bad.

His gut feeling was almost aways right and so he quickly fanned the trigger and catch, the 4 bullets left in the gun left the barrel quickly. All heading for the 'things' heart.

He then reached down to his belt pouch to push some more lead into the revolver.


Posted on 2009-02-28 at 22:00:23.
Edited on 2009-02-28 at 22:11:20 by Loki

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2025 Posts


Silly Guns...

Renee watched carefully as the situation disintegrated. Why was it that ill fortune always followed her around? She shakes her head, sighing, at the same time as drawing her rapier. True, in a firefight, it's not the best of weapons, but it is still the weapon she is best with.

Yet, she hesitates. Even now it wouldn't do well to rush in blind, so she opens her mind, trying to see things before they happen... just enough to give her an edge in the combat.

(Drawing rapier, and using Mindtime again, hopefully with better results, for the combat bonus )


Posted on 2009-02-28 at 22:59:27.

Cyco
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
14 Posts


An Arrow for the Animal

Nuar lifts his bow as Karn's first shot hits the animal in the hand, and has an arrow drawn by the time his next shots ring out, but he doesn't release straight away. Instead he concentrates gathering his will into him, his preference is to make each shot count and if this thing didn't fall from Karn's repeated shots then this arrow had better count.

"Bad choice creature" he started then glanced at the other creature wondering if he should instead take it out, but no he thought, it hadn't actually attacked yet. But as soon as it moved towards them it was a valid target and then he would change his focus to it.

"Your decision is if there will be two bodies to clean up or one." he said to 'Hector' and his decision made he turned back to the first and released his arrow with all his will pushing it as hard and as straight as he could.


Posted on 2009-03-01 at 02:24:13.
Edited on 2009-03-01 at 02:24:38 by Cyco

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1269 Posts


Roll of thunder hear my cry!

The loud bang of a gun rang through Ielei's ears, and with instinct faster than thought she channeled. Essence flowed through her in waves, filling her with life. Stepping back from the table she focused her attention on the feral Hector. He had not stepped forward to attack, but she had little doubt he would. Bullets and arrows had already been released and combat had ensued. There would be no smoothing the situation over. She sighed and resigned herself to what must be done. Spinning the gathered essence into flows of air Ielei narrowed her eyes as a vibrating matrix of essence poured out from her and into Hector. The invisible threads of air pulsed and rubbed against one another, faster and faster they moved against themselves until the energy could no longer be contained. A blinding flash of light and an ear splintering crack erupted in the inn. As the thunder faded to a low rumble the elf opened herself to the magic again. If either dogman attacked she would be ready.

(OOC: 2 essence spent on Elemetal Air: Lightning Bolt directed at Hector)


Posted on 2009-03-02 at 17:41:51.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.