The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by Grugg)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by crowe)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Star Wars --> Star Wars: Dark Masques
Parent thread: Star Wars: Dark Masques
GM for this game: Skari-dono
Players for this game: Admiral, Reralae, Loki
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Star Wars: Dark Masques
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Plans

As Benjamin stepped into the hanger, he looked at Kate, “Nicely done!”

Getting his bearing, he quickly located the panel for the blast doors which would allow the Embassador and the Republican squad in. We need to get them in here fast, his mind raced.

It was then the Jedi noticed the opposing doors opening, revealing the shadowed presence he had felt moments ago – a Togorian, no less. Stay focused, young Jedi, he heard Master Rial’s voice in his head. Let us put away the fear. It will only cloud the mind.
Benjamin allowed himself a breath, gathering his thoughts and forming a plan. Then he spoke, not so much commands, for his companions were not under his authority. Rather, he simply spoke his plan – order in the midst of the chaos. “Doctor, Wrrlwarr – start up the ship. Kate, Arruna’dira – get those blast doors open and let the squad in. Maybe we can break up this group.”

Benjamin began to step towards the Togorian, while igniting both ends of his lightsaber. “I’ve got the big kitty,” he said grimly. May the Force be with us.
[OOC: So, if the enemy is currently 120 ft away, Benjamin will be igniting his lightsaber and doing a “double-move” action and going “total-defense” (I forget how much that adds to his AC). He is moving toward the Togorian, and, using the handy map, I’m looking for him to move 6 squares to the right (toward the Sith) and 1 square up (in the square between the two boxes), using the box for cover. Like in the previous fight, he’ll look to redirect/ block any attacks that come his way this round.]



Posted on 2009-04-01 at 02:06:21.
Edited on 2009-04-01 at 15:07:35 by Ayrn

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


fight!

Awvoor knew trouble was coming. Likely Jedi Ben was feeling the same odd feeling, and could probably put it into words - but the lay Ithorian simply knew one thing: He had a bad feeling about this.

But never did he imagine a Dark Jedi would cut off their escape.

Though he had only met a Dark Jedi once before, they met on terms of business partners, not as enemies on the field of battle. Awvoor heard stories of their ruthlessness in battle - and even worse stories of what happens to those that are captured. Awvoor knew first-hand the powers of the Force - it can do terrible things to a mind. The Dark Jedi are the only ones in the galaxy willing to use the Force in such horrible ways.

They were leaving. Now.

"You heard him Wrrlwarr. We want nothing to do with them."

(OOC: Full run to the ship for both)


Posted on 2009-04-01 at 07:53:20.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


small post

As arruna'dira hears the words they register but she wasn't going to be taking orders, she know what she was going to do. Besides, there might be more of them behind the doors, let the unknown stay unknown. What she did do however was to yell.

"Open your hanger doors for when I come in cos I ain't walking."
It doesn't take much insight to see what she would be coming in on.


Posted on 2009-04-01 at 16:09:51.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Well well well...

"Still using black and red? I would've thought the style dead by now." Kate catcalls across the hangar.

Seeing the others go to get the ships ready, Kate decides to move forward to buy them time. As she does so, she brings out her left blaster-hand, and takes a shot at one of the droids.

(um... not quite sure where she moved... anywhere within 1 move action where she has partial cover please... and which droid... I don't think it really matters right now, so either one... and sorry for coming in a bit late... I think I'm a bit sick right now...)


Posted on 2009-04-01 at 16:33:36.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Encounter 2 - Round 1

Benjamin ignited his lightsaber and moved forward to take some cover from one of the crates. He might need it against this Togorian Sith.

Kate raised her blaster and aimed at the Mandalorian who had least cover from her point of view. The blast missed, however, and hit the shuttle next to the Crusader.

Arruna'dira dashed to her speeder and used her remote card to start the engine. Soon enough those Mandalorians would be sorry for ever crossing them.

A Mandalorian Crusader took a shot at Arruna where she stood by her speeder. The blast hit the speeder however, without doing any damage except leaving a mark on the paintjob.

Darth Malis yelled to the men than had followed him: "The Jedi is mine! You will not draw his attention from this unless you wish for death! You will deal with the others!" He moved closer to Benjamin with a frightening grin on his face.

The first battle droid to make a move took aim at Arruna as well, but like the Mandalorian before it the blast missed completely.

Awvoor made his way to his ship. Hopefully he could get there in time to use some of its weapon systems, and hopefully none of the enemies would follow him.

The second Mandalorian to act made his way down by the wall to get a clearer shot at the Twi'lek and her speeder. The crusader fired upon the speeder and did some apparent damage to the vehicle.

The second battle droid followed the crusader's example, took position and fired upon Arruna's speeder. Luckily, the blast missed by hardly an inch and ended in the opposite wall.

Wrrlwarr followed his Ithorian employer/friend. Awvoor was not much of a fighter so he might need Wrrlwarr's help if there would be a battle.

Maps:
Ben+Malis Kate Arruna'dira Awvoor+Wrrlwarr


Posted on 2009-04-01 at 16:51:16.
Edited on 2009-04-01 at 23:16:55 by Skari-dono

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


How dare they

She didn't know what she was more enraged about! The fact that they had shot at her or the fact that it had hit the speeder scratching it!

She'd spent ages on that paint job and now there was... no time as the second actually damaged it, not superficial damage. It would need a time in her chop shop... oh yer, they didn't have a chop shop. Lucky for the droid it missed the speeder and her.

Swinging her leg over the speeder she grabbed the controls and spun the thing round to shoot the mandal, she put every bit of her luck into that shot. It had better hit and do quite a bit of damage, she knew it could kill in one shot. Lets hope it does. Just in case it doesn't she lays down close the the chassis giving herself some cover and prepairs to run him down!

(OOC: If her attack on the mandal is anything less then a critical then she's going to use lucky shot which lets her roll to attack again and keep the better roll. I should also say that if she does score a critical then thanks to her passive talent (Fortunes Favor) to take a second attack on the mandal if he's still alive or on the droid if she's dead.
And laying flat gives total cover as she is now facing dead on at the mandal and droid.)


Posted on 2009-04-02 at 19:46:18.
Edited on 2009-04-02 at 19:48:01 by Loki

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Cinematic Effect... don't try this at home, kids!

Benjamin felt his body noticably relax as he felt the power of the Force gather around him. He knew the towering Togorian was physically more powerful... but the Cat's cocky too; thinks himself above me. We'll have to correct that.
Taking advantage of his quick reflexes, the Jedi stepped quickly onto the box in front of him and launched himself at the Sith. As he sailed through the air at his target, Benjamin's body spun swiftly around as he directed the Force down the beam of his lightsaber.

[OOC: Benjamin is looking to use "Battle Strike" (swift action), move to engage the Sith (move action), and attack (yay!). Battle Strike adds +1 attack and +2d6 dmg on a check of 15. The dmg increases by +1d6 at a check of 20, and another +1d6 on a check of 25+.

Also, please see note in Q/A



Posted on 2009-04-04 at 06:08:16.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Left without a saber

She missed, but that wasn't what was grating Kate's circuitry... it was seeing the Jedi go and meet the Sith head on in melee combat!

If Kate had teeth, she would've gritted them, but instead she just merely shifted her holographic face to portray it. She wanted to go and meet the Sith as well, if not to help then to show that she was probably as capable in such a combat as the Jedi... but then again, her vibroblades probably wouldn't amount to much against a lightsaber blade.

Oh well, her help was needed elsewhere. Kate quickly rushes toward Arruna'dira's speeder, letting another shot fly from her hand as she gets nearer to her attackers.

(Move action: going toward the speeder, to get closer to the enemy underlings, and standard action of firing... good news, I think my cold's just about over )


Posted on 2009-04-05 at 02:03:45.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Round 2

As Benjamin twists and twirls in the air, Darth Malis swings his lightsaber and cuts a nasty wound onto the Jedi's side. But Benjamin also does some gruesome work on the Sith. The lightsaber cuts deep into the Togorian's shoulder and leaves just as nasty wound. Despite the cut, Benjamin lands standing up next to Malis.

Kate moves towards Arruna's speeder and fires her blaster at the two enemies who had fired at Arruna just earlier. The blast misses, but only by so much.

Arruna'dira dashes into her speeder and quickly activates the weapon systems. The speeder turns and aims at the Mandalorian who left a burn mark on it. Just as the blast is about to hit, the Mandalorian dashes away but is hit in the shoulder. The blast nearly takes off the Mandalorian's arm, and he screams in great agony.

The other Mandalorian rushes into the other direction, in which the Ithorian and the Wookie were heading. He rushes as far as he can get while still being at a safe distance. "Do not move," he says, "or you're both dead!"

Darth Malis grins so that his sharp teeth show. The wound on his shoulded is a very nasty one, but it does not look like it bothers him much. "I expected nothing less from a Jedi," he says. "Now, do not disapoint me." The Togorian swings his lightsaber with all his might, but Benjamin manages to barely block it despite the force of the swing.

A battledroid follows the Mandalorian to stand in firing range with Awvoor and Wrrlwarr. It doesn't say anything though but stands ready if it must start firing.

Awvoor dashes into his ship and into the cockpit where he can activate the weapon system.

The Mandalorian that Arruna shot on her speeder does not appear to be very happy about his fate. A burst of flame appears on his back and blasts him uppwards and into the air. He gently lands on top of Arruna's speeder and fires his blaster into the cockpit. But despite even at this close of a range, and Arruna unable to move much, the Mandalorian didn't hit much but Arruna's seat.

The battledroid was not as cinematic in its attack. It simply aimed and fired upon the speeder. It fired two blasts and both missed.

While Awvoor gets into the starship, Wrrlwarr stands outside and fires his bowcaster at the Mandalorian. But the bowcaster misfires and seems to have fried the circuits in the weapon.

Maps:
Arruna+Kate Awvoor+Wrrlwarr Ben+Malis


Posted on 2009-04-05 at 13:47:18.
Edited on 2009-04-05 at 14:21:58 by Skari-dono

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Noooo

The mandalorain had landed on her speeder, he'd taken a blow and then landed on HER speeder. It was inconceivable how he'd survived that shot, the armour must be tough for it not to take his arm off completely. Suddenly decided on what to do she revved the engine, she would accelerate forwards straight towards the combat droid, turn at the last moment so she threw off the mandalorian and continue her slide into that combat droid crushing it into the starfighter. With any luck if she doesn't throw the man off by the sharp turn he'll fly off as they impact on the starfighter. She done this before, or at least not on purpose, and managed to crush a pit droid in the same manor. Her speeder had survived then, it should do not. Her only worry was what she would do to herself.

(OOC: This is a ramming attack against the combat droid specifically and I am also taking a pilot check to throw off the mandalorain)


Posted on 2009-04-07 at 15:09:35.
Edited on 2009-04-07 at 15:18:56 by Loki

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Taste my blade!

Distance to closing... sufficient for attack.

Kate grins, and quickly draws her vibroblade, twirling it around in her right primary hand. She picks her steps carefully, moving forward before stopping next to Arruna-dira's speeder, careful to position her feet when coming down so that she's stable.

"Taste my blade!" Kate yells, as she attempts to slash the enemy on the speeder.

(move action - draw vibroblade, standard action - charge!)


Posted on 2009-04-07 at 18:38:46.
Edited on 2009-04-07 at 20:04:02 by Reralae

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Slugfest with a giant hair ball.

Benjamin tried to keep his face expressions calm and serene inspite of the Sith's baiting words. I will not respond with empty boasts, but with action.
Taking the full force of the Togorian's lightsaber against his own, the Jedi moved with fluidity. His body arced back while his knees relaxed to absorb the shock of the oversized cat's blow.

Wait for him to pull back.
The moment came sure enough -- the Togorian, realizing his blow would not strike, pulled away for another. With blinding speed, Benjamin's knees pumped up, while he swung the left end of his lightsaber to connect with the Togorian's right knee. A quick reverse action looked to bring the right end across the Sith's gut.

The attack was quick and before the Cat could rain down another heavy blow, Benjamin's lightsaber was positioned to block once again.

[OOC: Full attack with both ends of the lightsaber, while looking to block his attack(s) as well]


Posted on 2009-04-08 at 04:42:16.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


get goin!

Things are getting serious... time to get going.

Awvoor grabbed the PA system and keyed it up. Wrrlwarr code 5 - H! Between the two of them it meant one thing: We need to get out of here and fast. The wookie responded with a roar and ran to fire up the ships engines.

Hopefully everyone else would get the cue when they did.

Meanwhile the Ithorian tried his best to use the ships targetting systems to take down any unattended bogies for his newfound companions. He didn't want to take on the Dark Jedi - in his experience 'helping' often meant getting in the Jedi's way.

His mind was going crazy with the amount of Force energy here - no need to make it worse by getting involved.


Posted on 2009-04-08 at 07:39:29.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Round 3

With swift movements, Benjamin swings his doublebladed lightsaber to cut Darth Malis' knee and gut. But just after he cuts Malis' knee, the big cat's paw pushes Benjamin to the ground. From down there, the Jedi was not entirely sure if he could block the Sith's next attack.

Kate draw forth her vibroblade and charged towards Arruna's speeder. "Taste my blade!" she yelled as she ran the distance and drove her weapon into the Mandalorian's leg.

The Mandalorian's scream of pain turns to a sudden scream of shock as Arruna takes off from underneath him and towards the enemy battledroid. The Mandalorian falls off the speeder as soon as it starts moving, allowing Kate to get another attack. As the Mandalorian falls, Kate brings up her vibroblade and cuts the soldier in the gut. Kate can easily see that he won't be getting up after that, although he doesn't seem to be dead.
Arruna races towards the enemy battledroid who can not manage to dive into cover in time. Arruna twists her speeder and makes a metallic sandwitch with the droid between her speeder and the vehicle behind it. The droid suffers damage but its energy shield manages to save the droid's functions, although the shield is now out of order. Arruna and her speeder also suffer some damage after hitting the other vehicle, and the droid itself dented the speeder as well.

The Mandalorian who is fighting off Awvoor and Wrrlwarr fires at the wookie. But the wookie is luckier than one might think and the blast flies by the target as a complete miss.

With Benjamin fallen onto the floor, Darth Malis sees his opportunity. "Perhaps you're not as good as you think, Jedi," he says tauntingly as his brings down his lightsaber upon Benjamin. But Benjamin manages to block the saber with his own, but only so barely.

The battledroid who is fighting off Awvoor and Wrrlwarr just stands there. It can't get a clear shot without getting in the Mandalorian's way, so it decides the best course of action would be to stay out of the way.

Just as the droid makes that decission, Awvoor's ship's weapon system come online and a blaster drops and takes aim. Awvoor fires upon the battledroid who gets the blast directly in its torso. The droid's shield is shattered and the droid falls in parts onto the floor.

The battledroid that Arruna had sandwitched is completely stuck between the speeder and the fighter. It manages to free its hand and aim at the cockpit. A hurl of flame extends from its arm. But just then, Arruna pushes her speeder closer to the droid so that the fire is directed over the speeder and away so that no harm comes to Arruna or her precious vehicle.

Seeing as how things are progressing, and after getting Awvoor's code, Wrrlwarr dashes into the spaceship.

Maps:
Arruna'dira Awvoor and Wrrlwarr Benjamin Kate (Map coding:
A red cone effect = fire from flamethrower
A red X over a token = dead
A blue circle over a token = prone
A red circle over a token = incapacitated)


Posted on 2009-04-08 at 10:45:32.
Edited on 2009-04-08 at 11:16:58 by Skari-dono

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


May the force be with me! ;)

With swift movements, Benjamin swings his doublebladed lightsaber to cut Darth Malis' knee and gut. But just after he cuts Malis' knee, the big cat's paw pushes Benjamin to the ground. From down there, the Jedi was not entirely sure if he could block the Sith's next attack.

With Benjamin fallen onto the floor, Darth Malis sees his opportunity. "Perhaps you're not as good as you think, Jedi," he says tauntingly as his brings down his lightsaber upon Benjamin. But Benjamin manages to block the saber with his own, but only so barely.

From his prone position, Benjamin counted himself fortunate that he was not currently spiked on the Sith's blade. Waiting for the Cat to finally relent again, the Jedi's bent his mind to unlease the power of the force against his oppenent, hoping to even the battlefield.

Timing, the voice of his master echoed in his mind, is everything in the midst of the duel. Wait for the moment of least resistance.
This was the moment. The Sith, now towering at full height and puffed up by his seeming advantage, would not conceive of his falling now. As the Cat brought back his blade again, Benjamin slammed the Force into the Sith looking to bring him down.

As he did, the Jedi's body kipped up, bringing his lightsaber around in front of him, ready to take advantage of the Sith's surprise.

[OOC: Alright... Using "Force Slam" (standard action) with an addition force point to increase the damage dealt; and using my move action to stand up from prone. Not sure, but does the Cat get an AoO on Benjamin for using a force power? I'm hoping not... my hope is that the Force Slam knocks the Sith prone, and then Benjamin stands up. I also don't recall if we can use force points to increase the likelihood of a skill check succeeding. If you can, I use one on Ben's Use the Force check for the force slam.]


Posted on 2009-04-12 at 07:06:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.