The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by TannTalas)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Star Wars --> Star Wars: Dark Masques
Parent thread: Star Wars: Dark Masques
GM for this game: Skari-dono
Players for this game: Admiral, Reralae, Loki
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Star Wars: Dark Masques
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


May the force be with me! ;)

With swift movements, Benjamin swings his doublebladed lightsaber to cut Darth Malis' knee and gut. But just after he cuts Malis' knee, the big cat's paw pushes Benjamin to the ground. From down there, the Jedi was not entirely sure if he could block the Sith's next attack.

With Benjamin fallen onto the floor, Darth Malis sees his opportunity. "Perhaps you're not as good as you think, Jedi," he says tauntingly as his brings down his lightsaber upon Benjamin. But Benjamin manages to block the saber with his own, but only so barely.

From his prone position, Benjamin counted himself fortunate that he was not currently spiked on the Sith's blade. Waiting for the Cat to finally relent again, the Jedi's bent his mind to unlease the power of the force against his oppenent, hoping to even the battlefield.

Timing, the voice of his master echoed in his mind, is everything in the midst of the duel. Wait for the moment of least resistance.
This was the moment. The Sith, now towering at full height and puffed up by his seeming advantage, would not conceive of his falling now. As the Cat brought back his blade again, Benjamin slammed the Force into the Sith looking to bring him down.

As he did, the Jedi's body kipped up, bringing his lightsaber around in front of him, ready to take advantage of the Sith's surprise.

[OOC: Alright... Using "Force Slam" (standard action) with an addition force point to increase the damage dealt; and using my move action to stand up from prone. Not sure, but does the Cat get an AoO on Benjamin for using a force power? I'm hoping not... my hope is that the Force Slam knocks the Sith prone, and then Benjamin stands up. I also don't recall if we can use force points to increase the likelihood of a skill check succeeding. If you can, I use one on Ben's Use the Force check for the force slam.]


Posted on 2009-04-12 at 07:06:07.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


get going!

It was only a matter of time now... as soon as the ships engines fired up, they were gone. Hopefully everyone made it on the ship by then.

The roar of the ship engines should alert them nicely. It was up to Wrrlwarr to get them going.

Meanwhile, Awvoor managed the gun turrent with surprising effectiveness. It wasn't a good idea to be targetting the cat while lockedin a dual with the Jedi, but he did keep an eye open for a good break in the action and that perfect shot. If it came, great, if not than he was content to pick off the other remaining bogeys, preferably the ones nearest to his ship.

Begin Force Sensitive has its perks to be sure, for instance he could tell when people were lying, or do little tricks to impress new clients. But it also had times when he wished he could just turn it off. The duel between Ben and the Sith was causing huge ripples in the Force and giving Awvoor a migraine. It was enough to be tempted to just shoot them both...

But he was above that type of bantha-herder behavior.

(OOC: Firing at the closest droid to the ship, or to any of the other baddies, or lastly at the cat if I can get a good wide open shot or for some reason he drops Ben.)


Posted on 2009-04-14 at 18:27:39.
Edited on 2009-04-14 at 18:31:10 by Admiral

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Teamwork

As far as Arruna`dira could tell the moment she had accelerated the mandalorain had fallen off and Kate had finished it off. They made a good team, but they already knew that, every 'now-and-then' Kate would come down to her workshop to have some work done. She'd change her talents to improve her chances at various games she played, but for some reason she never let her install a cheater. They'd split the winnings, it was thanks to Kate she had amazed the credits for the speeder.

But that's neither here nor now, what is here and now is that combat droid and it's flame thrower. Drawing her blaster pistol she stayed low under the arc of the flame and shot up at the droid under it's guard, or so she hoped.


Posted on 2009-04-14 at 20:14:30.

Reralae
Dreamer of Bladesong
Karma: 129/12
2064 Posts


Stay down!

Kate nodded grimly at the fallen enemy before her. As a bodyguard, she did have a priority to finish off her opponents, since even if they were on the brink of death they could survive, but she wasn't a bodyguard anymore, and there were things of higher priority on her list. Namely, incapacitating the other enemies still standing.

(I'm not quite sure where Kate is in relation to the other enemies, so she'll go for the nearest non-lightsaber using one, preferably moving closer before charging at them with her blade, but otherwise moving closer and shooting)


Posted on 2009-04-14 at 23:43:45.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Round 4

Benjamin raises his hand against his oversized opponent. Benjamin can feel how the Force rushes through his arm and forces his Sith enemy onto the ground. In a swift movement, Benjamin raises himself up and now stands over Darth Malis.

Kate starts moving, but there is no one close enough to blast upon except a big cat with a lightsaber. She still moves, but at double her normal rate. If not now, at least she can blast something a moment later.

Arruna raises her blaster to blast the battle droid under its armor, hopefully. The blast nearly hits under the droid's shell, but leaves a nasty burn instead.

After seeing what had happened to his droid comrade, the Mandalorian nearest to Awvoor's ship starts to panic. He intends to get to cover, but Kate is already blocking that possibility. The Mandalorian flies upwards with his jetpack, raises his blaster and fires at Kate. The blast misses by a longshot and hits the ground not far from where Kate is standing.

Darth Malis growls from where he lies on the floor. He too raises his arm against his opponent, but arc of lightning extends from him towards Benjamin. But Benjamin reflexively blocks the big cat's attack and sends it hurling back to its source. Darth Malis screams in agony as the electrical power of the Force dives into his bones and forces every ounce of life out of his body. Smoke surrounds the Sith as he lies dead on the ground.

Awvoor quickly aims the weapon on his ship at the Mandalorian that has now taken to flight. But the blast missed and created a nice black spot on the wall.

The battle droid that had been caught in the making of a big, metallic sandwitch raises its arm again and lets out another hurl of flame towards Arruna. She manages to dive into her cockpit to avoid the flames, but the heat still manages to damage the speeder's internal workings.

Wrrlwarr stands in the ship and makes sure that no one gets in who is not allowed inside.

Maps:
Arruna and Kate Benjamin and Malis Overview of current situation


Posted on 2009-04-15 at 12:08:04.
Edited on 2009-04-16 at 18:50:10 by Skari-dono

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


Search and Rescue

Benjamin smiled inside as the oversized Cat was knocked off his feet. As the Jedi came to stand over his opponent, he said, “You underestimate the Jedi’s training, Dark One. Your confidence will be your undoing.”

With one arm bringing his lightsaber diagonally behind his back, Benjamin prepared to knock the Cat down again should he try to stand again while looking for an opening to end this dual quickly. Normally, Benjamin may have been inclined to let his opponent up again, or at least asking for their surrender. But the Jedi knew the Togorian would rather die than surrender and, the fact was, Benjamin was worried about the Embassador and needed to get off this ship quickly.

His distracting thoughts where brought forcefully back to the dual at hand when Benjamin suddenly felt the dark, seething anger of the Sith’s power projected at him. Instinctively, the Jedi rebuked the dark power, sending the electrical force back at the Sith Lord, causing the prone cat’s body to spasm. Smoke and the smell of charred flesh rose from the now still and lifeless Togorian.

Benjamin caught his breathe for a brief moment, ensuring that the body of the Cat would not move again. Surveying the scene around him, the Jedi Knight opened up a secure channel to the Embassador on his comlink and made a quick search of the Sith Lord’s possessions.

“Embassador, we have nearly secured the hanger and have secured the shuttle. I am about to open the hatch. Are you ready to leave?”

[OOC: Changed my mind…but I’m not sure how much I can do in this round. I’m looking to make a quick search of the Sith’s possessions. If it will go quicker, Benjamin will just grab any belt, backpack, pouches right now and search through the stuff later. With any remaining actions I’d like Benjamin to make a run for the hatch (but not open it until he has heard back for the Embassador). Total defense action]


Posted on 2009-04-19 at 06:10:41.

Reralae
Dreamer of Bladesong
Karma: 129/12
2064 Posts


Enemy number 1 or 2?

Kate paused for a moment, considering which enemy to go after. Sure she could go after the one bothering the wookie, but it was probably going to be felled without her assistance... That settled it then.

Taking a few paces around to get a clear shot, Kate fires at the enemy battle droid by Arruna'dira.

(I'm very sorry about it being short... and late *sweatdrop*... if I think of something to add, I'll edit it in)


Posted on 2009-04-20 at 16:22:09.
Edited on 2009-04-20 at 16:23:09 by Reralae

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


fire!!!

That Jedi is crazy... he might as well be running into a Sarlacc pit to go back to a Mandalorian invasion.
But, they weren't leaving until Ben was on board, dead, or they absolutely had to. Besides, there was still the problem of a flying Mandalorian. Awvoor bellowed out over the PA - "WE're ready for takeoff... board if you're coming with us!"

His voice was accompanied by the roar of engines and the charging of the ship's blaster. This lone Mandalorian warrior was going down... almost more out of spite than need at this point.


Posted on 2009-04-21 at 19:49:24.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Round 5

"Master Jedi?" the answer says on the other side of Benjamin's comlink, distinctively Milix' voice. "I... I not certain. I give leader comlink." There is a short silence that is interrupted by several blaster sounds, and then finally another voice speaks. "We're trying to hold them off as best as we can," it says, "but we can't keep this up much longer. We need that door open to get the civillians and pilots out of here. Once the door is open we can give you few seconds before they punch through. We are all ready to do what must be done. Just get that door open!"

At that moment, Kate steps few steps to the side and aims at the battle droid that has been giving Arruna some trouble. With her blaster she fires upone the droid with a direct hit to its head which is blast off the droid's structure. The only thing holding the droid up now is Arruna's speeder.

Speaking of which, as the droid is dismantled by the blast, Arruna moves her speeder to get a clear shot at the flying Mandalorian. The blast hits the Mandalorian directly in the torso and knocks him down from the air. Despite the horrible wound, the Mandalorian is still moving.

The Mandalorian rises up, raises his blaster, mutters "Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la," and fires his blaster at Kate. The wounds, however, take their toll on his body and the blast hits the ground several feet from where Kate is standing.

Awvoor raises that blasters on his ship. The blast hits the Mandalorian in the back and sends him crashing onto the floor, from which spot he does not move.

Maps:
Arruna + Benjamin + Kate Awvoor + Wrrlwarr


Posted on 2009-04-22 at 12:09:08.
Edited on 2009-04-23 at 14:51:12 by Skari-dono

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


Getting the truck outta dodge...

Benjamin heard the squad leader loud and clear. "We're opening the doors now."

The Jedi raced to the doors while encouraging his unlikely companions, "We need to get this blast door open now. Arruna, get yourself aboard the ship. Kate, if you're willing, I could use a hand with the door. You get it open,and I'll look to protect us from whatever's on the otherside."

[OOC: Benjamin is moving to the door. If he can get there in a move action, great. If not, he'll use his move and standard actions.

If Kate's willing to opening the door, awesome. Benjamin will ignite his lightsaber and stand just off to the side of the door, ready as the door opens.

If Kate is unwilling, Benjamin will open the door (this round if he has enough time... can he use a swift action to push a button to open a door?)

After the door is open, Benjamin will be looking to get the Embassador safely aboard the ship. He'll be torn, though... if Kate will accompany the Embassador, Benjamin (if he sees it as a good opportunity) will attempt to help protect the civilians/ pilots while they also try to escape.]


Posted on 2009-04-22 at 12:53:45.
Edited on 2009-04-22 at 14:00:38 by Ayrn

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Too much stuff

Her shot having knocked the mandalorian back the ships gun finished him off nicely, she felt the rage subsiding a bit only to be replaced with annoyance. Most likely everything here was now useless, but even armor with holes in it did have some uses, maybe if some systems could be salvaged.

Knowing the droid she had left behind was now in pieces she left it, no point in trying anything there, but the first mandalorian she'd hit might have something, his armor was most likely too badly damaged for anything though after Kate's attack on him. Upon speeding over she quickly retrieved a few light things, the combat equipment that he had on him. She then scooted over to the second droid and tugged it's frame over her speeder, the last mandalorian was piled on the speeder as well before making their way into the ship, she supposed the cargo bay would be in the same place as in all the other TY's she'd been in, all 1 of them, and so left her speeder there before returning to the entrance. She'd provide a bit of cover fire and help a few people in if they needed it and she wasn't the last one in.


Posted on 2009-04-22 at 19:25:43.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


going!

Hurry up you fool! We don't have all day... Awvoor thought to himself. As soon as the Jedi was on that ship they were leaving. If that twi'lek girl wanted to gather stuff from the corpses, then that was her choice, but he wasn't waiting around for a treasure hunt.

He came up on the PA again, the slow droll of his echoy voice filling the hanger once again.

"I'll lay some cover fire if you open the door... but we need to leave stat, Jedi."

Hopefully his point was made as the roar of the engines continued to rain through the hanger.


Posted on 2009-04-26 at 07:13:46.

Reralae
Dreamer of Bladesong
Karma: 129/12
2064 Posts


Sheesh, you'd think I'd be needed to do more than open doors...

Kate dumped her gathered things onto Arruna-dira's speeder, before running towards the blast door in question in response to the Jedi's request. If she had to fly later on, she wouldn't be able to carry much with her. Still, even though she was going to help, she did not intend to be the last person there; she knew droids generally were seen as more expendable, and so knew better than to risk it.

Upon reaching the door, Kate paused for a moment, making sure she'd be ready to either help provide fire cover or run.

"Alright, I'm opening the door!" Kate called.

(Kate's going to sheath her vibroblade, and ready her other blaster-hand before opening the door. When the door opens, she'll provide cover as best she can with her shots initially... but if things get out of hand, she's probably going to run (or fly if there's enough time))


Posted on 2009-04-26 at 07:42:14.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Open Sesame

The blast door opens with a simple press on the door's command panel, and reveals a battle in the T-shaped hallway between the Republic forces and the Mandalorians.

"The door is open!" yells the Republic officer, "everybody defend the civilians!"
At that moment the Republic troops reformed their position to block the blasts from the Mandalorians, and the escapees and pilots started moving into the hangar.

Milix Cardass came rushing into the hangar along with the others. "Thank Force you alive, Master Jedi," he said with notable joy in his voice. "We hurry to Master Rial Moti now."

"Now, go!" the officer yells back at you. "We'll hold them off as long as we can."

Map


Posted on 2009-04-26 at 12:30:43.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


RUN!

"Permission to board sir!"
Arruna`dira shouts at Awvoor as she pelts towards the ship, she'll help anyone on she can as she's not picky out her company. She's been around scum bags none of this lot, well, maybe Kate could, believe existed, starting with the old Hutt, or that ainchaint droid she was enslaved to on that asteroid.

Whilst running she suddenly realised, not all of them could fit on the ship. As bad as she felt about leaving them to die she put he life first, in the end if you don't look out for number 1 who is. Not wanting to cause any struggle for the ship she kept quiet to see how the others would cope with this, maybe if only a short flight then more people could be supported.

Anyway, what was so important about that jedi and what he had. On the other hand if it was going to get her off this ship and somewhere safe she was good with it, maybe if Kate was going to keep following the Jedi then she might, maybe she'd follow the Jedi afterwards without Kate.


Posted on 2009-04-26 at 21:42:09.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.