The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by Grugg)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by crowe)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Star Wars --> Star Wars: Dark Masques
Parent thread: Star Wars: Dark Masques
GM for this game: Skari-dono
Players for this game: Admiral, Reralae, Loki
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Star Wars: Dark Masques
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


are we leaving yet?

Awvoor aimed the ship's cannon at the door hoping for a chance to lay suppressive fire or just take out a Mandalorian or two, but with all the civilians it wasn't really going to work out that way.

He didn't really know what the Twi'lek planned on doing with all those pieces of junk she had salvaged, but that was for another day at this point. The door to the ship fell open at her feet with a loud clang, signalling an escape to the civilians as well.

Hopefully the Jedi would get aboard before too many civies did. It would be a terrible thing to have to "lose" a few to make room.


Posted on 2009-04-28 at 16:04:01.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Seriously now... gettin' outta Dodge...

Benjamin spotted the Embassador as the hanger doors opened and quickly moved to protect him from further harm. The Jedi acknowledged the squad commander's command with a nod, "For the glory of the Republic!"

Shielding the Embassador's body from the laser fire coming in through the hanger door, Benjamin followed behind the Khil as they made their way to the Ithorian's ship.


Posted on 2009-04-29 at 15:31:38.
Edited on 2009-04-29 at 15:43:23 by Ayrn

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Time to Fly

Out of the corner of her visual sensor receptors, Kate could see the Jedi falling back, taking up position to guard his charge. It was something that she herself would have done, had she still been a bodyguard, and still had a charge.

Well, now was not the time to consider such things. Kate's primary attributes focused on melee combat, so she was not the best at providing ranged support. Taking this into consideration, and noting the position of the Jedi, she decided it was time to go.

She held out her arms straight out on either side of her, arranging them to be evenly spread out. With a fair bit of mechanical whirring, the metal plates on her arms rearranged themselves, revealing the wires and intricate systems underneath as they connected the arms together with what vaguely resembled a take on the wings of a bat. Furthermore, ignition boosters folded out from her ankles and her back. She quickly blasted into the air, making her way to the transport ship.

(She'll land on top of the ship with her magnetic feet, shift back to walking form, and use one of the hatches on top of the ship to enter)


Posted on 2009-04-29 at 17:17:44.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Run!

All the refugees come rushing into the hangar while screaming and yelling. Two pilots each take a single ship and wait for everyone to get boarded. Only few refugees accept Arruna's offer and board Awvoor's ship, a single Bothan and a Rodian travelling with a human youngling.

The Bothan is an adult, and by the looks of his stature and movements he appears to be experienced and a little paranoid. The Rodian walks directly to the shuttle, only occasionally looking back. His clothes suggest that he is not unaccustomed to fighting, and his trenchcoat has obviously been patched up more than a few times. The young girl travelling with the Rodian appears to be no more than 14 years of age, and dressed in worn out clothes.

Benjamin and Milix follow close behind them, and just as they get to the ship's door the Mandalorians burst through the Republic defenses. Awvoor's ship fires the blasters several times to break the Mandalorians' line, and as soon as the door is shut and Kate has entered through the top hatch the ship takes off.

The ship flies through a rain of laser blasts, and the other two ships from the hangar follow them closely. One of the other ships gets hit by a stray shot, and is blasted into oblivion. That shot seems to have been accidental, though, because no ship is coming after you.


CUTSCENE
Darth Nadi enters the hangar from which you have just escaped, and she sees as the three ships take off. A Mandalorian walks up to her.
"Mistress," he says, "we have nearly secured the ship but there is no sight of the Khil embassador or the Jedi."
"Keep looking," she replies, "and do not let anyone escape."
"Mistress," he says hesitantly, "we are warriors, not murderers. These are mere refugees and are not capable of defending..."
A sudden burst of red light extends from Darth Nadi's hand as she swings it towards the Mandalorian and cuts him down. She then aims her lightsaber at the next Mandalorian.
"Give the order!" she says. "No one leaves this ship alive unless I say so!"


Just as you are getting out of harm's way, you notice two Mandalorian starfighters are heading your way.


Posted on 2009-04-29 at 21:49:21.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


The Chase

Having helped the Bothan, the trenchcoat wearing Rodian and the girl on the ship she made her way to the cockpit, stumbling a bit as the ship took off. They were well on there way away when she noticed some ships on the scanner, no doubt the wookiee pilot had noticed though, it was hard not to notice a ship exploding.

Who had let that fur ball at the controls anyway, no doubt he was able but she'd bested even the speeder aces on that damned planet and this ship didn't seem much different, it wasn't different from the one she'd escaped from Point Nadia but they'd never her about that.

"Someone sort the hyperspace thingy! Only way we'd ever get 'way from these if you let me pilot."


Posted on 2009-04-30 at 14:03:54.
Edited on 2009-05-03 at 22:45:35 by Loki

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1984 Posts


Leaving this to those better qualified...

Benjamin helped the Embassador settle in for the flight -- some where out of the way. "Embassador, is there anything I can do for you?"

[OOC: Should the Khil need some assistance, the Jedi will help. Benjamin will also check to see if the Embassador is injured in anyway and, if necessary, will request the Ithorian's assistance if needed. Continuing on...]

Ensuring their privacy, the Jedi returned the datacard to the Embassador. "The data has been kept safe so far, Embassador. Though the Twi'lek girl aboard this ship saw our exchange earlier and is suspicious. Be wary of her."

[OOC: Insert Embassador's response/ instructions here]

Leaving the Embassador for the moment, Benjamin greeted the new passengers, check them for any obvious injuries, and attempted to find comfort places for them to rest. He trusted the good Doctor and Destiny to lead them safely out of harm's way for the moment.

May the Force be with us.
[OOC: Benjamin is leaving the decision making to the Ithorian.]


Posted on 2009-04-30 at 16:00:46.
Edited on 2009-04-30 at 17:51:49 by Ayrn

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Mandalorians, closing in

Milix signaled Benjamin that he was alright, and listened to his warning as he took back the datacard.

"Job difficultier than exsspected," he said. "Twi'lek maybe take datacard. Thisss not happen, Massster Jedi."

To the Jedi's eyes, the passangers seemed unharmed, although the Rodian's trenchcoat had seen better days. The human girl was silent when Benjamin greeted them, and showed no reaction though the Rodian nodded and Bothat smiled.

The Rodian stood up and walked into the cockpit. "Why ain't we hyperjumpin'?" he asked. "Me and the youngling need to get to Ord Mantall. I can pay you some money after we get there. Whattya say?"


Posted on 2009-05-03 at 22:35:21.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Pressure

The pressure was getting to Arruna'dira a bit, those ships must be closing in although she couldn't see the monitors. Instead she then turned to the Rodian and said

"I'm sure money won't be needed but is aways welcome, what do you know of Ord Mantall?"
Bending down towards the pilot (not sure if it's the doc or the wookiee) she said

"Get this hunk of junk into hyperspace before you get us all blown up."
before standing and announcing

"I'm off to take my speeder and the rest to the engineering bay. Kate, care to join me?" (Kate should know Arrune well enough to know that's she's up to something and anyone with the force skill 'sense' should be able to detect this)

OOC: By 'and the rest' she means the droid, all the weapons everyone has picked up and the dead mandolorain, she'll return to the cockpit when she's done and will start various examinations afterwards. (Just to explain, as we have previously accessed I do know the jedi has or had something and Arruna'dira is just guessing it's a datacard. And Arruna'dira is her twi'lek name, as she is away from Ryloth and her own kind she prefers to be called Arrune)


Posted on 2009-05-03 at 23:11:17.
Edited on 2009-05-04 at 00:26:15 by Loki

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


mini-update

"I'm sure money won't be needed but is aways welcome, what do you know of Ord Mantall?"
The Rodian hesitates a tad bit before answering. "There's not much to tell," he says, "I've only been there once. There's plenny of business opportunities if you look at the right places, the Republic military tries to keep the crime rate to the minimum, an' there's few Jedi there too. In general, it ain't no different than other planets in the Republic. 'Cept for the junk."


Posted on 2009-05-05 at 11:47:39.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


Where to, nobody knows...

Kate looked over the schematics for the various locations which were available to hyperjump to first, before walking over to the pilot.

"If my opinion is wanted, I suggest a jump to Ord Mantell. The military force already present there may be sufficient to ward of pursuit. Admittedly, it is also the one of the most probable hyperjumps that we'd take, and so there's a good likelihood of them knowing where we've gone. The alternative would probably be Adumar; its ecological basis indicates the presence of multiple geographical features, which is useful to hide in if we need to keep low for a while. That is my opinion on the matter." Kate suggested, before returning to the others.

Kate then nodded to Arrune, not bothering to wink or anything to show that she understood; she knew the other preferred to be more discreet. She walked with her down to the engineering bay. Although she was capable of 'modifying' things, she was definitely not as skilled at it as Arrune


Posted on 2009-05-06 at 16:06:05.

Admiral
I'm doing SCIENCE!
RDI Staff
Karma: 163/50
1835 Posts


well

They needed out of here now. The only real options were Dantooine and Ord MAndell. They had both a Jedi and a Republic Official with them. As the blaster bolts began to fire, there was only a split second to decide.

One of the passengers offering a reward in exchange for a ride made the decision. These guys could take a lesson from this...
Awvoor keyed up the PA from the co-pilot seat. "We're heading to Ord MAndell... strap yourselves in."

Hopefully the hyperdrive would hold up.


Posted on 2009-05-07 at 09:07:35.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


And off you go!

The Mandalorian starfighters are closing in fast. Just as Awvoor is about to jump into hyperspace, those fighters enter firing range with Awvoor's ship and begin firing their blasters. That does not stop Awvoor, however, who suddenly disappears from the Mandalorians' visual range.

For Awvoor and those aboard his ship, the experience is a bit more visual and physical. For a short moment, you feel a sudden pull back as the ship suddenly jumps to a much greater speed. You quickly get accustomed to the new velocity and the effect wears off in a matter of seconds. Looking out through the window, you can see how the stars start moving and change into a hypnotic blur.

"Well," the Rodian says to Awvoor, "holdin' out 'til the last moment, eh? Don' go into comercial flight, bud." He then removes himself from the cockpit.


Posted on 2009-05-07 at 10:08:18.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Difficult Buisness

In the workshop with Kate Arrune turned to her to make a confession.

"Back there, you know, home. I, um, when you came to me to be reprogrammed, when you were out I sort of downloaded a copy of you brain and took a scan of you. It was so I could do a rebuild..."

She bends down to search her utility belt before pulling out a pair of datacards.

"These are yours, my scan of your chassis and the downloaded copy of you brain. Have them."

She pauses for this to sink in and for a response, these situations need to be done carefully. Kate could take her head off if she wanted.


Posted on 2009-05-07 at 13:32:25.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 121/12
1953 Posts


And there is a question mark...

This was unexpected... Not to mention unprecedented. For a moment, Kate was at a bit of a loss, as she took the datacards, her holographic face unchanging and passive.

A cross referral of the vocal tone as well as the posture of Arrune suggested hints of trepidation, although as to why, Kate couldn't be sure. There were numerous possibilities, but only a few were likely... and there was only one way to be sure.

"Why did you have them?" Kate asked, her tone displaying a bit of surprise, but neutral in other regards.


Posted on 2009-05-10 at 08:23:53.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Backtracking to hyperspace

Looking straight at Kate she gave the honest answer.

"I knew what work you did, I took that scan of your chassis because if you got downed but your brain survived then I could build a second body. The scan of your brain is an old one, I take them whenever I do work on a droid in case anything goes wrong."

Having come clean with this she starts laying out all the equipment for the ship they had escaped from on the deck and proceeded to strip the mandalorian of his equipment and examining the combat droid for locked access and any ways to shut it down externally.


Posted on 2009-05-13 at 12:13:14.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.