The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is bdtaybannha.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by SilentOne)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by SilentOne)Destiny's Flight
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
GM for this game: Tiamat5774
Players for this game: Deucalion, Celediel, Nimu
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Ardulace

Satya says "My apologies Ardulace, I was so absorbed in watching my meal and listening to the conversation that I did not realize my mistake."
The priestess waves the apology away, “No matter. I too believe we must first meet with the Lord Governor again. He may have gleaned some further information on the matter that might sway our course of action. I think it best that we hear what he has to say before we make any further decisions.”

Her appetite satisfied, she takes one last sip of spring water, and pushes her plate away. “If there is no further business to discuss here, I suggest we adjourn to the Governor’s manse.”



Posted on 2009-05-31 at 17:11:21.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Ears are beautiful things. -edit.

Xavier listened as Chiron spoke. Shrugging and nodding, he says, "Eh, sure, why not. House or no house, it doesn't matter. But it's true what you say... from all the things that have been said about that house, it wasn't really scary at all... I could be scarier than that. There's gotta be something that we missed..."

"But, I'll agree with you. Going back to the governor's manner would be a good idea. I still need to hold up his part of the promise that he made to me..."


Posted on 2009-05-31 at 22:00:20.
Edited on 2009-06-02 at 01:00:30 by gboy

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Oh, really?

Xavier listened as Chiron spoke. Shrugging and nodding, he says, "Eh, sure, why not. House or no house, it doesn't matter. But it's true what you say... from all the things that have been said about that house, it wasn't really scary at all... I could be scarier than that. There's gotta be something that we missed..."
Ardulace cocks an eyebrow at this remark, and fixes Xavier with a somewhat skeptical glance, "You might try going beyond the first room before you make that judgement."


Posted on 2009-05-31 at 22:04:42.
Edited on 2009-06-03 at 19:46:21 by Ava

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Since the jumping up never happened...

Xavier looked at Ardulace with an embarrassed look on his face, and sheepishly said, "Yeah, okay. I'll admit, we haven't seen more than the first room. But, really, that wasn't too terrifying. Speaking of which, I'm not sure if you mentioned this before, and perhaps I just forgot. But what did you see beyond those doors?"


Posted on 2009-06-02 at 01:15:23.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Ardulace

Xavier: "Speaking of which, I'm not sure if you mentioned this before, and perhaps I just forgot. But what did you see beyond those doors?"
Ardulace blinks, not entirely certain if Xavier is jesting or if he's serious. "A child about to be devoured by a dragon. Jonathan is his name, I believe. Do you not remember his reunion with his mother outside the town gate?"

She shakes her head, and simply chalks it up to the man's routinely odd behavior. Rising from the table she stows her lute safely within her haversack and prepares to depart.




Posted on 2009-06-02 at 01:32:29.
Edited on 2009-06-03 at 19:47:58 by Ava

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well then.

"I remember the child Lacey, but I was under the assumption that there should've been more... that house looked rather large."

"Oh, and just in case you didn't figure it out, what with all that prejudice against you from Chiron, I have nothing wrong with it. Nor with the fact you tried to hide it. You're as dark as I am pale. And everyone has their own secrets that they don't wish to tell."


Posted on 2009-06-02 at 01:37:04.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Urging forward

Seluumiel watched the interaction of Ardulace and Xavier in silence. As their conversation drew to an end she rose from her seat. It was high time they were on their way to the Governer's. The moon elf looked to each of her companions and nodded.

"As Ardulace suggested, we should meet with Castor. If there are no further matters to discuss here might I suggest we make our way now."


Posted on 2009-06-02 at 03:42:39.

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


...

At Seluumiel's urging Satya stood and headed out of the inn following her to the governor's residence. This woman had much wisdom and over the last day Satya had already began to develop that same respect and affinity for her as she had for the elders in her home. She knew that even though the elven culture was much different then many human ones that she had encountered, theirs was steadfast and wise.

As they made there way to the governor's home she said very quietly and plainly to Seluumiel,"You make a great leader and I am honored to have found myself in your company."


Posted on 2009-06-02 at 04:31:11.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Ardulace

Xavier: "Oh, and just in case you didn't figure it out, what with all that prejudice against you from Chiron, I have nothing wrong with it. Nor with the fact you tried to hide it. You're as dark as I am pale. And everyone has their own secrets that they don't wish to tell."
Ardulace smiles and leans close to Xavier so only he can hear, "I appreciate thy... your forbearance." Then in a very hushed tone, with a conspiratorial nod towards the Inn's staff and various other civilians nearby, "I'd also appreciate a touch more discretion. I would not want anyone who does not need to know of my particulars to overhear something that might upset them." Particularly if it might inspire a mob of torch and pitchfork wielding peasants to chase after me she did not add.

As the group sets out for the Governor's offices, she intentionally lags behind just in case Seluumiel wishes to speak of other matters.


Posted on 2009-06-02 at 21:44:57.
Edited on 2009-06-03 at 19:49:46 by Ava

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Seluumiel

As they made their way to the governor's home Satya said very quietly and plainly to Seluumiel,"You make a great leader and I am honored to have found myself in your company."

The moon elf stared at the copper skinned woman, studying her with sapphire eyes. She had not expected that. Satya had an admirable code of honor and she found herself growing to respect the woman. Whomever the people that bore her were they deserved admiration.

"Thank you Satya, I too am honored. Should we have the time someday you will have to tell me of your people."

As made to continue on to the Governor's she noticed Ardulace lagging behind. Realizing the sign for what it was she excused herself from Satya and fell back to stand beside the drowess. There were matters of The People to discuss. Seluumiel looked up into the dark elf's half elven disguise for a moment and then began, once again her native tongue danced on her lips.

"Uma quentaea en' lle nyara en' Tel'Quessir ar' Mori'Quessir alye' triallien?"


Posted on 2009-06-03 at 01:23:53.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Easy for you to say

Seluumiel: "Uma quentaea en' lle nyara en' Tel'Quessir ar' Mori'Quessir alye' triallien?"
The drowess in disguise chuckles sardonically at the question, then replies in the same tongue. "Il i'quenta Lolth di'thang nyar na il'risa, nan eller na'quenta n'at tanya tuulo' Eilistraee voronda nyar ta na-ikotane."



Posted on 2009-06-03 at 02:14:50.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Elvish...

Seluumiel nodded at Ardulace's response. In truth she had expected as much.

Continuing on next to the woman she replies. "Quentarlye quena'ai en' sina. Nir'gwaith dura tanya niasa n'nae n'ala Tel' IIlythiiri natule Tel'gothrim. Am' lye anta'rin lye noste en' Tel' Olin en' Sehanine vee' Tel' Alata en' Corellon. Ya na'a'quen mani nae'demade ri' kware e' olin?"

Seluumiel pauses a moment to look at the drowess before continuing. "Nae'one a'lye ona tu Tel'Quessir."


Posted on 2009-06-03 at 03:17:00.
Edited on 2009-06-03 at 03:20:44 by Nimu

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


Tenacity

"O' course. He told us to expect ya. If ya follow the main road and take a right up the hill, ya can't miss it," the guard said. Dwarfed as he was by Tenacity's horse, he maintained his composure well.

Once safely inside the town's walls and following the directions given them, Tenacity took the time to look around this new place. Being a knight-errant certainly had its perks, when travel sent one far and wide like this. Her quiet musings amid the bustle were interrupted by Camille's silvery voice:

"I can take this off now, yes? It's odd feeling cooped up when outdoors," Camille said as she pulled her hood back and let her brilliant hair cascade behind her as they rounded the corner.

"Certainly, Camille. My responsibility to conceal you applied only to the voyage itself. My last duty is but at that stylishly appointed house, there," she said, indicating what must have been the home of Bailash Castor. She spotted a motley group of four who appeared to have the same destination in mind and stood well out from the peasants and other shoppers who were milling about on their way to market. Aprons, baskets, and handcarts with kegs were the accouterments of the crowd, running errands for the day's cooking and whatever else might be on their lists. These four, on the other hand, actually carried weapons and wore no military uniform Tenacity recognized. She became tense when the unmistakable look of recognition lighted upon the palest one's face as he looked just past Tenacity's shoulder.

"Hold a moment, lady," she muttered, preparing to draw Diligence across the path of any charge. Trampling someone here would be bad, but far better than failing to protect the von Richter girl so close to the goal. "I want to know what this man thinks he is doing."


Posted on 2009-06-03 at 04:42:27.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

Chiron grabs one last piece of melon as he stands and heads for the door, but tosses a silver piece onto the table before he leaves. Everyone was already out on the street headed for the Governor's mansion, and the paladin followed several paces behind watching the various bits of conversation going on ahead of him, but only actually hearing a word or two now and again.


Posted on 2009-06-03 at 21:57:56.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Ardulace

Ardulace glances over her shoulder at Chiron following along behind, and decides to switch to her native tongue. The paladin might understand elven, but drowish was surely beyond him.

"Uk zhah tuvok" she says to Seluumiel with a barely perceptible shift of her head towards Chiron.

Seluumiel: "Nae'one a'lye ona tu Tel'Quessir."
Ardulace nods in agreement. "Folt mayar ph'a'leai, quin... rena Usstan daewl ulu morfeth l'alurl d'ol, ussta ehmtu ilindith zhah l'orthagyrrh d'ussta lodias, lu'biu xuz ulu l'vigaj d'Lolth's ilstar."

She glances over her shoulder once more at Chiron then turns her attention back to the fore, where she sees a woman in gleaming armor upon a very large horse who seems to have taken notice of their party.

Turning back to the moon elf she says, "Qualla kampi'un, udos ph'naut rosin verin, jhal doera ji areion drasven lu'drasven d'tluin heeth a l'fashka d'ilta orn. Usstan zhahus ves crealo ulu inbal tlus jous l'aster, lu'ulu inbal dro'xunus ulu zhaun ol whol aster."

Then, her attention turned back toward the woman on the large horse who seemed now to be about to move to intercept them, she adds in common, "I believe we have company."


Posted on 2009-06-04 at 03:23:39.
Edited on 2009-06-04 at 11:03:14 by Ava

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.