The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Chessicfayth)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
GM for this game: Tiamat5774
Players for this game: Deucalion, Celediel, Nimu
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


...

Satya was keeping a pace ahead of the rest of the group. The men were silent and the elven women where conversing in their native tongue. How wonderful that must feel for the two of them, she thought. She missed being able to speak in her own rolling fluid language. Satya had only ever once met someone on her travels that spoke Midani. He was a very old and well learned wizard. He knew much of her homeland and told her all about how her people came to live in the desert. It was beautiful to hear it all spoken like the great stories told at feast.

There was a shift in the conversation behind her and she heard Ardulace say "I believe we have company."
At that Satya looked to see who had joined them.



Posted on 2009-06-04 at 03:39:14.
Edited on 2009-06-09 at 07:47:20 by Savrit

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Newcomers

As Chiron followed them out of the inn Ardulace quickly switched into the drow tongue. Seluumiel nodded, she understood the dark elf's apprehension and were their roles reversed she could not say she would not do the same. Even so if they were going to work together both paladin and drowess would have to get beyond their differences.

She listened intently to the dark elf, nodding in agreement and understanding. Seluumiel walked next to Ardulace silently for a moment before turning to face her.

She responded to Ardulace in the same drow tongue."Udossta daewle ph'mzild l'toha taga dos talinth. Ulu lassrinn l'yorn d'Lolth orn'la xal tlu l'uyl'udith klath'ra ulu L'Lodias. Er'griff p'luin l'ilythiiri ph't'larryo duul'sso d'Lolth's bodrom shlu'ta darthien tu'olath lu'ssussun o'goth l'elge d'natha thalack nindel uriu andiel naudal draeval. Ol xal al tlu nindel l'zuneerrh d'jal L'Lodias ulnen ul'naus."

Seluumiel paused a moment, but before she could say more Ardulace interjected. "I believe we have company."

The moon elf looked up to see the two women before them, and robed figure and an armored woman on horseback. Seluumiel narrowed her eyes as she looked over the pair, hoping that this would not grow violent. Nevertheless spells leapt into her mind ready to disable either should they prove hostile. Standing next to Ardulace she awaited the outcome.


Posted on 2009-06-05 at 01:26:21.
Edited on 2009-06-07 at 14:16:39 by Nimu

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Sorry for the delay.

Xavier marched onward to the governor's manse as Ardulace dropped back to speak with Selummiel. He began to whistle a cheery tune. He hadn't felt this alive for a long time... He would need to feed more often. He loved the feeling. And feed he might... if the governor didn't uphold his promise regarding his sister.

But then, something caught his eye. Across the busy streets of Leaphaven, he saw two figures, standing out because they were mounted. He thought he saw movement, but he couldn't notice anything. He gave the situation a double take, and noticed what he had missed the first time. One of the riders had taken off her hood. Nothing spec- Wait a minute. Is that? No... really?
Xavier did a hopskip, and took off after the two riders. "Camille! Camille it's me! Camille!"

Xavier, with he refound agility and reflexes nimbly dodged and ducked through the crowded streets. The gap between he and the riders closed rapidly, and with grace, Xavier leapt up on to the horse with his sister on it. Wrapping her in a loving embrace, he said "Camille... it's so good to see you again. I was worried. Oh Camille... I'm so glad you're alive!"

Xavier then turns to face the other rider. "Miss, thank you for returning my sister to me. I believe I must travel to the governor's manse to tell him that I am thankful... oh well. Thank you very much again."

Xavier then turned to get as good a look at Camille as he could from the back of the horse. Her long white hair seemed slightly dirty, but it was still smooth. Her ears belied her distinction from him, the traditional elven ears, as oppose to his human ones. He had caught a glimpse of her red eyes, piercing through the pale skin. She hadn't changed much physically, but being imprisoned must do many things to you psychologically. He hoped she wasn't too different.


Posted on 2009-06-09 at 01:24:39.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


...

Tenacity's sword made it halfway out of its sheath as the man tumbled around her and leapt at Camille. Sensing no alarm from Camille, she stayed her hand and listened closely.
Xavier leapt up on to the horse with his sister on it. Wrapping her in a loving embrace, he said "Camille... it's so good to see you again. I was worried. Oh Camille... I'm so glad you're alive!"
"This must have been the surprise he had in store," she said to herself. Far be it from her to interfere with a family reunion, even if his raw energy had nearly earned him a reflexive artery-perforation.
Xavier then turned to face the other rider. "Miss, thank you for returning my sister to me. I believe I must travel to the governor's manse to tell him that I am thankful... oh well. Thank you very much again."
"It was my... pleasure. Just be clear: I am not returning her to you but delivering her to governor Castor himself. We would be happy to accompany you the rest of the way, however. I'm sure you both have much catching-up to do," this last was directed at Camille as she caught her eye. Camille's pleasure at having something familiar again after so long was all too evident.

"Do be more careful around those with armed escort in the future," Tenacity said with a smirk and an arched eyebrow. She gestured the von Richters forward and urged Diligence to follow closely. "Those others are friends of yours, aye?"


Posted on 2009-06-09 at 03:06:19.
Edited on 2009-06-09 at 03:06:59 by Celediel

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well...

"To be fair, my darling knight protector, the governor requested her back to be returned to me... so, since we're all here, we might as well go to the manse together."

Xavier sat with his sister on the horse as he spoke with Tenacity, calmly stroking her hair. At Tenacity's remark and inquiry, Xavier says, "Aye, those are my associates. We're good friends with the governor by now. And we've all kind of been thrown together... So that's our story, what about yours miss knight protector armed escort? And don't worry... I've been able to handle myself when I've run amok with armed escorts before." He said with a wicked grin.

"Kidding, of course. But seriously, I'm more than I look like."


Posted on 2009-06-09 at 03:50:50.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Watching

The moon elf watched as brother and sister embraced. The sight of the joyful pair brought back memories of a time long ago. She had a sister once, a twin sister. But Siliveliel was dead, and there would be no reunion until she too passed from life into Arvandor. The pain of that loss still burned raw and the moon priestess bowed her head to close her eyes as it swept over her.

Trialla Tel' kaimelar Siliveliel. Trialla Tel' kaimelar seler'amin.
The whispered prayer left her lips all but silently and Seluumiel let the tide of sorrow wash over her and pass. She looked up again her features remained unreadable and serene, only her eyes held the hallowed sorrow of loss.

Exhaling softly the moon elf returned her attention to her companions and the new comers. As she took in the embracing siblings her eyes fell on the pale woman's pointed ears. The woman had elven blood. She looked to Xavier and then back to the woman, siblings one of human lineage and one of elven. There was more to the pair than what could readily be seen, of that she was certain - they would have to be watched. Seluumiel sighed again, nothing ever lacked in complexity.

Looking to Ardulace she spoke, "It would seem we can continue on our way then, yes?"


Posted on 2009-06-09 at 05:36:08.
Edited on 2009-06-09 at 05:36:32 by Nimu

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


...

Satya quietly watched the reunion of the siblings. She could only imagine what it would be like being reunited with someone so dear. It was a silver lining for an otherwise ominous day and she was anxious to begin on their journey.

After it seemed that everyone was in agreement to continue Satya picked up her pace again and continued on to the governor's home.


Posted on 2009-06-09 at 07:52:27.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Ardulace

Ardulace watches the interplay between Xavier, his sister and the female knight closely, but says nothing. Her gaze moves from one spot to another, noting the symbol emblazoned on the woman's every belonging. Unfamiliar with the symbol, she chalks it up to a combination of family crest and massive ego.

When the armored woman reaches for her sword, the drowess summons up the necessary divine energy to cast Command, but halts when the knight realizes her charge was in no danger, and that Xavier was no threat.

Seluumiel: Looking to Ardulace she spoke, "It would seem we can continue on our way then, yes?"
The cleric nods in return, "So it would seem", she says in reply turning to the moon elf, and watching Chiron out of the corner of her eye. "We should hurry along, His Lordship is no doubt anxious to hear what you have learned."

Despite her remark, the drowess in disguise remains motionless where she is.


Posted on 2009-06-10 at 16:42:09.
Edited on 2009-06-11 at 23:07:58 by Ava

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

Chiron strolled up on the tail end of the family reunion. Xavier seemed too happy for words as he joined his sister atop the smaller of the two horses. But it was the larger of the two, the Percheron, that really caught Chiron's eye. It was the same species as Prajna, and an incredibly majestic animal in its own right.

"So you too have business with the governor?" Chiroin asked of the Percheron's rider, quickening his pace to keep up with the large horse. "Were you also summoned to deal with the disturbances outside of town?"


Posted on 2009-06-10 at 23:41:26.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Joins her brother

Camille turns towards the voice calling her name and sees her brother comming towards her, "it's is so good to see you too dear brother i was helped to escape by this young woman" she says smiling her long white hair hung loose around her shoulders. her skin is as the same as of her brother's.. her eyes shone as tears began to form. as she is happy to have found her brother.. she leans her head against her brother's shoulder as they set off on their journey to see the governor
she listening quietly to her brother and the stranger speaking










Posted on 2009-06-11 at 23:00:54.
Edited on 2009-06-11 at 23:08:46 by Arwen

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Talks to her brother

Camille joins Xavier on one of the horses has they set off on their journey.. her long white hair hung loose around her shoulders. her skin is as the same as of Xavier .. she waits patiently has her brother is talkng to the Percheron's rider, she turns to her brother "Xavier?" she says to him "what disturbance outside town?" as she has heard stories about it but not quite sure what's true. She falls silent waiting for a reply.
she listens to them talking in silence..
"Xavier?" i have heard stories when i was in that awful place about orcs and dead people and strange lights Is it all true?"


Posted on 2009-06-11 at 23:06:58.
Edited on 2009-06-11 at 23:24:45 by Arwen

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


waits for a reply

While Camille waits for a reply. she is deep in thought. even though she does not know the company that her brother Xavier is with.. she keeps close to him. since she has been released from been held captive she has been quiet and withdawn, and scared. She was ok physically, but she was tired, weak with hunger, and cold, holding on to Xavier the best way she could. not knowing where they are. or what they are about to do.
Her dreams disturbed her at night. that she was too frightened to fall asleep. every time that Camille closes her eyes she sees that place where they were holding her captive


Posted on 2009-06-12 at 01:13:35.
Edited on 2009-06-12 at 01:15:23 by Arwen

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Xavier to Camille.

"Camille, there is a mess outside of town. There's a ghost house which we investigated..." Xavier cast a glance back toward Lacey.

"Well, by we, I mean mostly Lacey there. However, there have been certain disturbances that the town has noticed... we're going to meet with the governor now to discuss this issue further. It seems like it's dangerous. But, we need to go see the governor, at least for a debriefing of the last mission."

Xavier softly reaches out a hand and strokes Camille's hair tenderly. "Sister, you must tell me all about your journey later... you have much to share."


Posted on 2009-06-12 at 02:32:54.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


oh, *now* she opens up

Tenacity sighed when the pale man added, "Kidding, of course. But seriously, I'm more than I look like." He didn't look like much, so that wouldn't be hard. Still, brash behavior like that would get more people killed than just himself. She shook her head. She had to stop thinking like that now that they were on a city street, far from the chaos and danger that prevailed a mere three days' travel away. He could invite however much trouble he wanted once Governor Castor had seen Camille delivered.

Her thoughts were interrupted by one of his companions who had trotted up to her side.
"So you, too, have business with the governor?" Chiron asked of the Percheron's rider, quickening his pace to keep up with the large horse. "Were you also summoned to deal with the disturbances outside of town?"
"Yes, we do. I was tasked with seeing to the safe travel of Camille here to his house. That is very nearly done," she said. Her ears perked up at a certain word coming from two directions. "Disturbances? What sort?"

Turning her head the other way, "When did you hear of orcs, Camille? And why didn't you say something sooner?

Xavier, is it? A ghost house? Helm preserve us, let's get all the details from Bailash himself now that we've arrived."

Upset at the omission of potentially important cautions and mind racing with those new bits of information, she dismounted near the front door of the lavish house and handed Diligence's reins to the stablehand who had approached. "Take good care of her. I have a feeling we'll be a while," she said.

The knight raised her face toward the sky briefly, summoning the courage to find out what Castor hadn't said. A ghost house? Orcs? Deaths? Maybe it wasn't need-to-know, but it sure seemed relevant to the mission. This was just the start to something much larger and she wouldn't get that time to relax. She would do everything in her power to help, if the truth were as dire as the rumors.

Calmer and more collected, Tenacity strode to the door and knocked.


Posted on 2009-06-13 at 08:26:25.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


Meetings, meetings, meetings.

Ardulace follows along behind the rest of the group, lost in thought. When the woman that had accompanied Xavier's sister stopped and knocked at the Governor's door, the cleric stepped past the armored woman with a polite nod and a murmured "Pardon me", and simply opened the door and stepped inside, leaving the door open for the rest to follow.

When the Governor's manservant came hurrying along to answer the knock she nodded again in greeting. "I believe His Lordship is expecting us." She turns and gestures back towards Tenacity and Camille, "Also, I believe the Governor may be expecting these two ladies as well... though in truth I am uncertain in what capacity they have come."

As the servant turns to announce their arrival to the Governor, Ardulace stays him with a light touch on his arm, and turns again to Tenacity and Camille. "Hast thou yet broken thy fast?" she asks.


Posted on 2009-06-13 at 16:53:58.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.