The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Chessicfayth)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
GM for this game: Tiamat5774
Players for this game: Deucalion, Celediel, Nimu
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


...I want to help.

Satya listened intently to the young woman then turned to her in response to her request.

"I found myself in your position just last night. I cannot speak for everyone else but I will welcome you. I am called Satya of the tribe Laasya."


Posted on 2009-06-25 at 18:29:39.

Ava
Regular Visitor
Karma: 1/0
53 Posts


and then...

Ardulace rises from her seat, and faces the Governor. "I am sorry, I cannot continue with this mission. I am not trusted by those that must trust me, and in truth that distrust is mutual. I'm afraid you shall have to resolve Leaphaven's troubles without my assistance."

With that, she draws the wand she took from the Governor's collection and lays it on the table before her.

"Good day to you all."

Before any objections can be raised, she steps out of the room and leaves.


Posted on 2009-06-28 at 19:58:10.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

Chiron jumps out of his seat, nearly knocking the chair over in the process. "What do you mean "casting aspersions"?! I was very careful in my wording while briefing Tenacity on the last day's...."

Ardulace rises from her seat, and faces the Governor. "I am sorry, I cannot continue with this mission. I am not trusted by those that must trust me, and in truth that distrust is mutual. I'm afraid you shall have to resolve Leaphaven's troubles without my assistance."

With that, she draws the wand she took from the Governor's collection and lays it on the table before her.

"Good day to you all."

Chiron watches her leave, unsure of whether he should try to stop her. There was a small chance that an ally was walking out on them, and, more likely, a chance that she was leaving to go sow chaos elsewhere, free of a certain paladin nuisance. Either way, it would be best if he kept her here. He took one step after her and stopped.

He couldn't deal with the constant headache and her incessant jabs. She had just accused him of slander in front of the entire assembly. He had been the one to initiate physical blows back at the house when he discovered her true identity, but the vocal slights were more frequent and harder to ignore. He had been mentally preparing to endure her attacks for several more weeks until this house business could be cleared up and he could leave in good conscience.

Chiron stood in stunned silence as she walked out.


Posted on 2009-06-28 at 21:15:18.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Lacey walks out.

Xavier watches as Lacey walks out. He lets the initial shock set in, then after a few seconds, he speaks.

"Well, people turn. Chiron, if what she's talking about is you, go apologize. If not, then whatever. Leaphaven must be saved, whether or not with her help. The world is at risk from deranged cultists who believe in Tiamat."

Xavier took a long swig of the red wine. He let a bit of it slip out his lip so that it could drip down his lip.

"So, governor, give us direction. Should we return to the house, as we originally intended, or is there something else you want us to examine. Either way, I would be happy to repay the debt which I owe you since you saved my sister."


Posted on 2009-06-29 at 01:54:44.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

"We should go perform a more thorough search of the house-- make sure that nothing else is going to spew forth from those rooms." Chiron replies to Xavier's question still looking to the doorway Ardulace had passed through.


Posted on 2009-06-29 at 02:11:46.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


Joins the rest downsrairs in the room

Camille was still stood at the open window.. looking in the darkness. she decides to go downstairs for something to drink and maybe something to eat. she picks up her cloak and wraps it around her shoulders then picking up her room key locking the room door on her way out. Camille slowly walks down the stairs and walks towards the voices and enters the room.. she sees her brother and the others talking quietly.
she sees an empty seat next to her brother and quietly sits down she rests her head on his shoulder


Posted on 2009-06-29 at 16:54:21.
Edited on 2009-06-30 at 18:49:42 by Arwen

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Roll with it

Seluumiel stood as Ardulace passed through the doorway. The dark elf's sudden departure startled her. She stared after the woman for a time, together they would have been able to accomplish much in service to the people but now those goals would have to be met another way. Strange she should mourn the loss of a drowess, but in truth the presence of another elf, even a dark elf, had been welcome.

The moon elf turned away from the doorway, her eyes running along each of the human faces. There was nothing to be done but move forward, and she would adapt to what came.

"I fear the loss of Ardulace's talents will be missed, but nevertheless we must head on. Let us take this as a lesson and try to place more faith in each other."

"It seems we are agreed that we should return to the house, that is if the house remains. As I have already said, I believe more powerful divinations are necessary and need to collect the necessary items to aid in such divinations before we depart. The house nearly faded from this world with some of us still inside, it is clearly evident that we should gain whatever knowledge we can before entering the house again."


Posted on 2009-06-29 at 23:12:32.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


sees Satya is missing from the group

Camille lifts her head from her brother's shoulder and looks around and sees that one is missing "brother? where is Satya? i thought she was staying here. what's happened?" she says now looking at her brother.
Camille still feels tired but can't sleep. and it shows in her face. she goes back to been quiet. and rests her head back on his shoulder.


Posted on 2009-06-30 at 19:19:59.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Xavier

she sees an empty seat next to her brother and quietly sits down she rests her head on his shoulder.
Xavier jumps slightly at Camille's contact on him, but then relaxes when he realizes who it is. Smiling, he slides his arm up and around his sister's shoulders, giving her a comforting little squeeze. He wasn't going to let his sister get lost again.

The house nearly faded from this world with some of us still inside, it is clearly evident that we should gain whatever knowledge we can before entering the house again."
Xavier turns his head to look Seluumiel in the eyes. "Well, yes, the house nearly devoured us while we were inside. However, is that a bad thing? I know that sounds terrible, but we're obviously going to have to explore... maybe the house is a portal to a different world. Did anyone else find it strange that when we explored, despite all the reports from people, we only discovered Satya, the child, and Lacey only saw one dragon? I think that there should be more. Perhaps they fade in and out of the house... and that's what we should be observing."

He takes his free hand, and grabs his glass of wine. Taking a long swig, he gasps when he finishes it.

"Now, I'm not one for divinations, but I think that the only knowledge we will find will be not as helpful as actually experiencing this. Of course, it could get us killed... but I'm not one for wasting time."


Posted on 2009-07-01 at 01:23:08.
Edited on 2009-07-02 at 02:22:03 by gboy

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


...And so goes it

Bailash just sat there, mouth agape, as the group he brought together was dwindling before his eyes.

He had heard every word that was said but it was Xavier's voice asking for direction that pulled him out of shock.

"I believe as you do. the house is the most logical course but you all need to learn EVERYTHING about the house you can.

Now Seluumiel, the wand on the table is yours. It should have stayed with Lacey. It was her reward just the same as all the weapons and items given a day ago for taking the mission."

at that time Camille came back in from her rest and took notice that Satya was gone, "Where is Satya, I thought she was staying with us?"

Bailash looked up at Camille with a concerned and upset look and said, "I assumed she went after Lacey to change her mind. I do hope she comes back soon. Also I may have a wand you need. A wand of Idenify. But you all have 1500 gold coming to you for your first mission. It is unfortunate that lacey risked her life only to leave behind her reward."


Posted on 2009-07-01 at 20:46:53.
Edited on 2009-07-01 at 20:58:05 by Tiamat5774

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


... Really?

Xavier's eye open up, shining with an inner light. "1500 gold eh? Governor, that sounds like a wonderful reward. Now, I will have to request access to the finest shops, if those are somehow hidden from the public, and I will enjoy myself immensely with the reward. The funds will go toward the excursion of course. I'm not as arrogant as I come off as."

Xavier giggles like a little girl. "I just am a little bit off of my game every now and then, and some comfort helps a lot. My experience will be much better with some comfort. And practicality, of course."

Xavier takes another swig of wine. It must be getting to him. But it was too good to stop.


Posted on 2009-07-02 at 02:31:14.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1267 Posts


Seluumiel

Xavier turns his head to look Seluumiel in the eyes "Now, I'm not one for divinations, but I think that the only knowledge we will find will be not as helpful as actually experiencing this. Of course, it could get us killed... but I'm not one for wasting time."
The moon elf returned the pale man's stare with cool serenity. She had not spoken against entering the house again, only of doing so prepared. Seluumiel sighed, humans were always in a rush it seemed.

"Xavier, let us not do all with haste. The little time it will take to delve the house before entering will prove well worth it, and there is much to be learned that cannot be found out through mundane searching."

Bailash just sat there, mouth agape, as the group he brought together was dwindling before his eyes.

He had heard every word that was said but it was Xavier's voice asking for direction that pulled him out of shock.

"I believe as you do. the house is the most logical course but you all need to learn EVERYTHING about the house you can.

"Now Seluumiel, the wand on the table is yours. It should have stayed with Lacey. It was her reward just the same as all the weapons and items given a day ago for taking the mission."

"Also I may have a wand you need. A wand of Idenify. But you all have 1500 gold coming to you for your first mission. It is unfortunate that lacey risked her life only to leave behind her reward."

Seluumiel moved to the table and picked up the discarded wand. Holding it in both hands she wondered which gods had been called to enchant it with divine power. It mattered not, for in her hands it would be an instrument to channel the enigmatic power of Sehanine Moonbow. She turned to face the governor.

"I thank you for this, it will be much needed."

She paused a moment placing the wand in her bag before continuing, "I also thank you for the offered wand of Identify, but I can readily wield the power to identify objects unaided and would rather not waste what you hold in your estate. Many of the elders in my sisterhood have the power to illuminate forgotten myths and legends surrounding person, place, or thing. Have you a scroll that can replicate such power? Or is there a magic shop in Leaphaven where I might purchase such a scroll? Though if not I can try further divinations, those that I have the power to wield unaided."


Posted on 2009-07-03 at 05:35:10.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

"As we plan this return to the house, Tenacity, what would you say your strengths are? How could we best include you in our plans?" As he spoke, Chiron finally turned away from the open doorway and sat again at the table.

"I believe that the Governor and Seluumiel are correct, we need to learn as much as we can about this house before we venture inside again. The our first time in there was very nearly our last time. Planning will be key"


Posted on 2009-07-03 at 08:35:23.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


Tenacity's strengths

The odd half-elf's belief that Chiron had somehow impugned her honesty to complete strangers, when Tenacity believed that she and Camille were those selfsame strangers, left Tenacity in a confused muddle well through the stunned silence of the assembled group when she stormed out. Chiron's wariness then seemed to indicate a reluctance to ignite her temper, which was a shame.

His words brought her back to the discussion with a bit of a jolt.

"My strengths? One might say I was a defensive tactician, if it weren't being incredibly generous to say so. My preferred weapon is my shield and the way I fight takes full advantage of that.

"How are we to formulate a comprehensive plan for investigating the house when it behaves according to some chaotic whim? Your accounts so far give me the impression that when it appears and what things are in it are fairly random factors. Are there any other observations you made of it while at the site that may have been left out for... prudence's sake?

"As for outfitting before going there, this most generous reward would be more than enough to apply magical fortification to my shield. Governor, is there a place where that could be done before we take another look at the house? Do we have time for that?"


Posted on 2009-07-06 at 08:11:52.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


time is of the essence

"I believe that time, as it goes, is no longer on our side.
When we are done here I will arrange for one of my mage couriers to teleport you all to one of the best shops in town for magical equipping. This town is pretty large and we can't really afford the time to travel in search of shops."


Posted on 2009-07-06 at 20:09:26.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.