The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is phamduycamera.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Chessicfayth)Destiny's Flight
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
GM for this game: Tiamat5774
Players for this game: Deucalion, Celediel, Nimu
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Off you go

Tannif holds out his hands for the group to take them and says, "Shall we be off then? Please join hands with me."

When the group joined hands making a circle, it seemed as if white smoke illuminated and charged with the energy of magic surrounded and incapsuled them. Just before the displacement took place, Bailash was able to get out a heart felt , "Good luck to you all." With that the governor's library was quickly replaced by a merchantile square, busy with customers.

Tannif looks around and then back at the team and says, "I'll wait here for you to finish your shopping then I will teleport you all to the city gates. Is that acceptable?"


Posted on 2009-07-27 at 03:03:44.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Jolly Good Sir.

"That sound marvelous my good sir Tannif. Always a pleasure to deal with you sorts of people, you're always so jovial." At this Xavier bursts out laughing, then calms himself down.

"I'm sorry sir, but where is the butcher shop? That's where I'm going you see."

(After receiving directions)

Xavier promptly begins marching off toward the butcher stop, but when he is ten paces away, he stops, pivots on his heel, and turns back, with a giggle, and a grin on his face. "I'm sorry Tannif, forgive me, but I just remembered I need to buy some containers for my purchases. Where is the general store?"

(Again, upon receiving directions)

"Thank you Mr. Jovial. Pleasure doing business with you!" And with that, Xavier walks off to make his purchases.


Posted on 2009-07-27 at 03:35:43.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Time for purchases...

Seluumiel watched the governor's manse fade to white. She found herself standing at the center of a bazaar bustling with customers and merchants alike. Like her companions she spoke with Tannif of directions before making her way into the busy market.

The moon priestess glided through the streets ignoring the curious stares of men and children at the sight of the white clad she elf. Precious few of The People made their way into Unther, or any of the Old Kingdoms. She sighed, the elves had once thrived in Faerun and now they were scarce to be found out of Evermeet. Was the twilight of the elves upon them?

Seluumiel continued in silence until she reached her first stop, the magic shoppe. Walking in Seluumiel was assaulted by the smells of incense and rare herbs. An thin aged woman sat behind the counter with a steel bun wrapped tightly atop her head. Seluumiel smiled at the woman and stepped up to the counter.

"Greetings, I am in the employ of Governor Bailash Castor to investigate matters of the phantom house beyond the city. We require some items of magical power to delve the issue further."

"Among my people there are divinations that pierce the veil of time, allowing the seer to learn what was and what might have been. I believe in the common tongue it is called Legend Lore. Have you such a scroll that can call forth this power?"

(OOC: I'll leave the scroll of Legend Lore up to your discretion - I know it's way about our levels but i thought it worth a try)


Posted on 2009-07-27 at 23:21:19.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron: Part 2

Caught up the rush to get under way, Chiron never received an answer about Lacey's share of gold. So once he was released into the market place he purchased only two of the three wands he'd been considering.

The two wands together cost came to the exact amount Castor had just given him. Walking briskly, the paladin returned to Tannif after his short shopping trip.


Posted on 2009-07-31 at 01:13:01.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Xavier's purchases.

Xavier walks back to the centre of the market, where Tannif was, and was surprised to see Chiron already back. The man seemed like one who would spend everything in his possession - even his dignity perhaps - in order to be prepared for a situation. And yet, he had spent less time than Xavier out spending his coin... and Xavier didn't even have to look too hard. Hoping to get on the better side of the dutiful warrior in case his secret be revealed, and still having quite a bit of coin left in his pocket, Xavier walked over to Chiron, deciding to address the matter.

"Hey, Chiron my friend. It looks like you're in quite the sad situation there. What's wrong my friend?"

(To save the complication of having to RP all this...)

"So lemme get this straight... you're short 20 gold to make all of your purchases? Well..."

Xavier reaches into his cloak very briefly and grabs out the sac of gold that the governor gave him. Pulling out gold pieces one by one, he counts them aloud.

"... eighteen, nineteen, twenty. There you go Chiron. I have 20 gold here that might be able to ease your coin purses suffering. But... you'll have to repay me somehow. However, I can't think of anything now. So let's just say you owe me a solid later on in our adventuring? Does that bode well with you?"

Xavier takes out a smaller pouch, and places the 20 gold inside it, and holds it out in his right hand, in the way one would signal for a handshake. Xavier intends for the gold to be passed when they shake hands, agreeing on the deal.


Posted on 2009-07-31 at 03:53:53.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


walks back to where the group are to meet

Camille walks back to where the everyone are to meet and walks up to her brother and Chiron.. and smiles "got everything you need Xavier?". she looks at Chiron and says to him in a quiet voice "Chiron i take it you have everything you need too?" she looks around wondering where the rest of the group is. every now and then she looks for the rest of their company and checking to see if she has everything she needs


Posted on 2009-07-31 at 05:06:00.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Moving on...

The wizened crone behind the counter stared at Seluumiel for a moment before answering in a dry voice cracked with age, "Why no my lady, we do not carry such an item. Times of war hamper trade a bit, they do. Might I be able to interest you in something else?"

The moon elf smiled at the woman and nodded. She had expected as much. Even on Evermeet the power to pierce the veil of time was rare, more could not be expected of a small human city. Seluumiel sighed to herself, though she had expected this she had hoped. For now they would have to rely on what divinations she could call unaided. Resigning herself to what was the priestess thanked the shop keeper and purchased a few small pearls.

Seluumiel returned to the busy streets and made her way to a nearby shop, a weapon smith. Though her staff was a useful tool on this journey a sword would serve her better. She had no love of blades but should the need arise any elf, even a priestess, would raise a blade.

The interior of the shop was littered with weapons and the heat of the smithy beyond the entry room was apparent. Hearing her entrance a large dark skinned man just into his middle years ducked into the room. His eyes widened some at her request for a sword, but he nonetheless brought out several for her to choose from.

The moon elf's eyes fell on one sword in particuler. It was of elven make, and though simple in design it was masterfully wrought. Seluumiel gripped the moonstone hilt and unsheathed the blade. The steel was well polished and the elvish script was etched into the blade. Seluumiel returned the blade to its grey scabbard and immediately purchased it. If she had to wield a sword it would be this one. Fastening sword and scabbard to her side the priestess departed the shop leaving the man with coins for the sword and her old staff - he could do with it what he would.

Seluumiel quickly waded through the bazaar crowds and returned to the square where Tannif had dropped them off. Chiron was there already along with Xavier and his sister. The moon elf greeted each in turn and stood aside awaiting the return of the others.


Posted on 2009-08-01 at 00:17:52.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Yes, I've got everything I need...

Xavier smiles as his sister comes back from shopping. She always was the one that took longer. When she comes close, he reaches out and holds her close to him with an arm around her shoulder. "Yeah, I've got everything I need sis. I hope you did the same, and got the proper preparations..."

When Selummiel came back, sporting a nice new blade, Xavier raised his eyebrows. "That's a new look for you Sel. I never knew you were quite a blade person. You fancying picking up the blade to defend us?"

Then a thought passed through Xavier's head. "Uh, wait a second guys... Do we have enough food for a long trip like this? I mean, we don't even know how long this is going to be... You know what, I'll pay for enough food to last the..." Xavier does some quick counting in his head. "Five of us? Five of us fed for about... Fifteen days. I think that should be good... Don't you?"

_____________________________________________

OOC: Tiamat, I'm going to make a request to purchase some Trail Bars, from Complete Scoundrel. 20 gp each, nutrition for a full days worth of food. Says it tastes like cardboard. I'm done spending my money, with the 20 I gave Deuc, and the money I had leftover from creation, I have about 1570. I'm going to spend it on those bars... buy them in bulk.


Posted on 2009-08-01 at 00:36:09.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

Xavier begins to untie his coin purse, having offered to loan Chiron the few coins for his last purchase. The paladin reaches out and covers the pouch with his hand, shaking his head slightly.

"Thank you for the offer, but the last wand is a bit frivolous. I can channel Ilmater's divine healing very well on my own, and I've already spent my monthly salary, so it might be best if I didn't spend all of my remaining money right away."


Posted on 2009-08-02 at 17:53:09.
Edited on 2009-08-02 at 17:53:17 by Deucalion

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well, suit yourself.

Xavier shrugs, taking the gold back. "Well, okay. But I've heard that spellcasting can be a bit strenuous at times if you have to just pull on the powers yourself, and not simply activate them. It's difficult for someone who practices simply the art to do so often, let alone someone who also practices swordplay. Would it not be better to have a wand to make it easier?"


Posted on 2009-08-02 at 17:56:21.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Wands and Healing

Seluumiel listened to Xavier's comment and smirked. The moon elf laid a hand on the sword hilt and addressed him in a cool tone.

"It is but a last resort. All on Evermeet are trained in the use of sword and bow. Although my skills lie elsewhere if need be I can and will raise this blade."

She waited a moment before returning to wait silently for the others. As Chiron and Xavier began to speak of wands and healing Seluumiel stepped forward.

"We will have no lack of healing. I can readily call the power of The Daughter of the Night Skies and I carry the wand of healing Ardulace left behind. Another wand would aid us well, but perhaps we should conserve some funds should other needs arise."


Posted on 2009-08-05 at 02:45:11.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


At least no one had to hold anyone's purse

Tenacity returned to the group just as Chiron gestured his refusal of something in Xavier's hand.

Her eyes fell back to the opening of her pack so she could count the potions one more time before they did that strange little dance that the pack made everything do. As she flipped the flap back over, the eight little vials seemed to slide sideways and down at the same time through an oddly cluttered shadow. Fun to watch and no less weird, no matter how often she dealt with the contents and the pack's strange intuitions.

"Well, that's all I can get today. It would take a whole eight hours for the enchantment, they said. Don't think you want to wait on me all night while we have questions burning in our minds, right? Is everyone else about ready?" She asked as she secured the pack once more.


Posted on 2009-08-07 at 07:20:53.

Arwen
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/6
35 Posts


is ready

Camille looks at Tenacity and smiles "yes Tenacity i have everything i need" she never usually smiles at anyone.. but her brother.. but she wants to be friends with everyone in the group so she tries her best.. "brother dear. would you want me to get the food for us all.. or are you still wanting to get it" with that she goes quiet but still smiling.. she has forgotten all about her thoughts.. and pushes them to the back of her mind.. "what do you think we will find in that house?" she shudders. her brother notices her shudder "i am ok brother.. just feeling a little cold".. wrapping her shawl tightly around her


Posted on 2009-08-11 at 19:04:11.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Tannif

Tannif looks over the group, taking notice of the gap that
Satya left and Camille filled.

"Yes, food is an important aspect of survival in the wild or unknown. If you feel you need to get food, now is the time. Otherwise, let me know you are ready to leave and join hands with me and I will take you to the town gates."

Tannif falls silent and stands stoicly.


Posted on 2009-08-12 at 17:18:31.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Be right back.

"Alright, then I'll get those food items... Be right back."

Xavier took off, running to get to the bars which he had seen before that had staved off hunger for a whole day, with just one consumption. He manages to buy 50 bars - they're surprisingly lightweight, and well transportable - and he buys another sack to stuff them all in. Then, running back to his companions, he nods.

"Okay, we have food. I think we're ready to go. Xavier pretended to make sure his coin purse was still there, but was really checking all the vials inside his cloak, making sure none had broken.

"Tannif, I am ready to go."


Posted on 2009-08-12 at 17:51:36.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.