The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
Parent thread: Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil Q&A
GM for this game: Tiamat5774
Players for this game: Deucalion, Celediel, Nimu
This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Diabolic Genesis-Origins of Evil
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


¿Listos?

Seluumiel looked around to the others, all were present and all had what was needed. The moon elf nodded to her companions and then to Tannif.

"If we are all ready then let us be off."


Posted on 2009-08-12 at 23:55:22.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Tannif

"Well if we are all ready, then, I propose a choice. Judging by the Governor's mood and your quick shopping, one would think that time is a luxury you don't have, so I can take you to the fading house if you wish, or I can drop you off a the town gates as planned. I can teleport back to town immediately so as to not put myself in any undo danger if you choose to teleport directly to the house. What say you to this?"


Posted on 2009-08-13 at 16:51:14.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

"I think appearing directly at the house is a bad idea." Chiron replied, "Although, if you could teleport us to somewhere in the woods very near the house... that could save a good deal of travel time and allow us to check the area for changes since our last visit."


Posted on 2009-08-14 at 23:59:54.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Agreed

Seluumiel listened to the paladin's suggestion and nodded in agreement. His logic was sound. Appearing directly in front of the house could prove dangerous. Until they knew more of the phantom building any precautions would be welcome.

"I agree with Chiron Po, appearing directly at the scene would be unwise but dropping us off in the woods nearby would greatly hasten our trip. If we all are in agreement let us not delay any longer."


Posted on 2009-08-15 at 01:06:20.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


ewwww

Tannif looked worried at the prospect of teleporting into the woods.

"You know, I'm good but teleporting into forests and the like is tricky business. If a tree is occupying the same place as one of you when we materialize, it will really hurt and put a stopper on the mission. I will teleport you as far as the clearing just before the forest. That gets you three quarters of a mile closer to your destination. Please join hands with me and we will be on our way."

The familiar White magic cloak overtakes the party and the scenery is replaced with a familiar forest trail. It is the same one they had traveled before.

"And now, I'll be off. Good luck and stay safe!"

And with that he flashes out.

(OOC: The effect from the outside of the teleport looks like Q from star trek "winking" out.)


Posted on 2009-08-15 at 07:40:09.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Back in the woods...

Seluumiel watched the white flash of light fade away, leaving them alone before the forest. They were to return to that phantom place. She sighed and turned to her companions.

"We are nearly at the house. Let us make our way, though I recommend we do so on foot again."


Posted on 2009-08-23 at 23:49:42.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


What a great idea. Let's go.

"Yeah, I agree. I think it's high time we ransacked this place and took everyone out. I mean, we're fantastic, right? Nothing can beat us."

Xavier smiles, back to his old self again. It seems he just needed to be in town once more.

"So... should we surround the house, or just barge in the front like we did last time? And when I say surround the house, I don't mean do it in singles; doubles at least."


Posted on 2009-08-24 at 00:03:59.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


hope my horse is ok.

Tenacity looked around at the scene after their arrival. She could see Leaphaven almost a mile distant. The forest seemed to be waiting for them.

"I guess it's that way, then?" She said to the others, indicating the path through the trees. "Chiron, you wanted us to be quiet, right? Not let whatever might be there know we're coming? There are five of us, so three and two would be safest if we want to spread out. What's our best scouting method? Rather than worry about how to engage an enemy that might or might not be there, we should find out if there's anything to engage." Realizing she was being long-winded, she paused to let Chiron answer.


Posted on 2009-08-24 at 01:35:19.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Chiron

"The first time we were here," Chiron said, his voice low, "The house actively worked against our ability to keep our bearings. It filled the clearing with an unearthly fog, and, though I cannot prove it, I believe there were some teleportation magics at work keeping us from surrounding the building.

"And from what reports we've had, the house seems only to luring the weak-willed, or mindless, to serve as guardians. Ogres. Undead. I think we could, as long as we are cautious, walk right up to the door again."

As he spoke, Chiron loosed his shield from its place on his backpack and began strapping it to his arm.

"We could spread out, Tenacity, if you feel that is prudent. I wouldn't recommend more than twenty or thirty feet between us though. I don't trust this house."


Posted on 2009-08-28 at 04:10:43.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Seluumiel

"I would not recommend spreading out," Seluumiel began cooly. "Chiron is right the house seems able to confound our senses and twist space around itself. It would be best for us to stay close together lest one becomes lost in the fog."

The moon elf stepped closer to the woods as she spoke, "When last at the house we encountered none but Satya and the boy, but know this our presence was noticed. Let us hope that unnatural edifice does not anticipate our return."

"Before we enter again I would like to delve the magical aura of the place. It will take some time, but knowledge of what enchantments infuse the house will be vital. What say you all?"


Posted on 2009-08-29 at 22:24:54.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


I... yield...

Xavier shrugs. "Alright, it was more just a possible suggestion. Well, it would seem as though we're just going to go inside... and that's all hunky-dory to me."

Regarding Selummiel, Xavier shrugs again. "Well, I mean, we're going to spend a lot of time in there anyway... so we might as well take advantage of the fresh air that we can get now. Sure Sel, go ahead and take some time to delve into the secrets." Xavier looks at the others. "Assuming that's not a problem with all of you guys and gals?"


Posted on 2009-08-29 at 23:45:13.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


The Trail

As the group moves into the the familiar woods on the trail, sounds of wild life abound. The further they went and the closer they got to the strange house, the sounds of the wild decresendoed behind them and, again, a mysterious fog rolled in.

The house was nowhere to be seen on aproach, though there was a steadily brightening glow. The closer the party-for-hire got to ground zero, the more the glow began to take shape of a building. By the time they reached the end of the trail, the house had fully appeared before them, almost taunting the group to enter.


Posted on 2009-09-03 at 06:47:25.

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


Tenacity

Taking a vanguard position just to the left of the the party's center line, Tenacity held her shield and sword at the ready. She shivered slightly when she realized that the sounds of the forest were fading even as the forest pressed in more closely.

"Is that light...?" She didn't finish whispering the question across to Chiron. The ephemeral shimmers coalesced into the almost-rude façade of the house and the hair on her arms stood on end.

Tenacity moved halfway into the clearing, looking mostly to the left, to ensure that no attacks would come from that side as the rest moved to the door. She expected Chiron to mirror her, and glanced over her shoulder to check. After almost a minute, she was sure there was no movement aside from her companions.

She made eye contact with Seluumiel and raised an eyebrow in questioning. "It seems safe enough for you to meditate and study the house now. I'll keep vigil here."


Posted on 2009-09-04 at 07:50:21.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Seluumiel

Following her companions Seluumiel once again moved through the woodlands in search of the phantom house. The familiar trail seemed to remember their footsteps and once again the unnatural fog thickened as they neared the place of the house. Spells ready at her fingertips the moon elf walked at the near center of the group as they moved through the fog towards the tell tale light in the fog. Before her eyes the glowing light materialized into the house as if it had been awaiting their return. She shuttered involuntarily as she neared the edifice.

At her side Tenacity addressed her with an eyebrow raised in questioning."It seems safe enough for you to meditate and study the house now. I'll keep vigil here."

Seluumiel faced the knight and nodded, "Many thanks for your vigilance, it may well be needed. I fear the house was awaiting us and the spell I intend is not quick to cast."

She stood silently for a moment before stepping forward to lay a hand on the house. As she moved her hands gathered the threads of the magical weave blending the divine and arcane arts together as one.

(OOC: Assuming we are all right in front of the house Seluumiel casts Indentify 1 MP)


Posted on 2009-09-04 at 22:52:19.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


¡Nada de nada!

The moon elf removed her hand from the house and shook her head. Nothing. Her spell had revealed nothing. This house seemed able to twist her magics. Shaking her head Seluumiel turned to face the others.

"My divination has revealed nothing. The house remains, as before, shrouded in mystery. I see our only course is to enter the place again, let us hope that out ignorance will not mean our deaths."


Posted on 2009-09-12 at 23:04:28.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.