The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4009 registered users. Our newest member is bongdasopcastxientv.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Nimu)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by TannTalas)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6340 Posts


Not to be seen??

"Ahhh lass that maybe a bit outta me talents this sneaking thing. I be making mor'in noise just standing still then'yas riding ye horse. Are ye sure about this??"

He awaited the lady Brianna's answer even as she padded him with branches before moving out. Even if the sound of his armor was quieted he was still not the sneaking type.
Hack and slash not a problem, sneaking around looking mayhap like an armored porcupine whole nother story there.
It would be up to the beautiful lass before him but he still thought it a possible bad idea.....


Posted on 2007-06-08 at 04:01:41.
Edited on 2007-06-08 at 04:27:59 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Considerations.

Brianna turns in her saddle and looks back at HIghnar considering his words. She then slips on the helmet she carries on her saddle. Brianna usually only wears on a chain mail shirt and bracers and is otherwise unarmored. After a bit she nods in agreement. She says as she slips off the helmet. "I think we need a new plan. How about Xuor and I move in closer Xuor closst of us all and then the rest of us will follow at varios distances. Now if one of us gets spotted we can turn back leading hem into an ambush made of the rest of us following."


Posted on 2007-06-08 at 15:39:08.
Edited on 2007-06-14 at 15:27:07 by Brianna

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


Acknolegded

Logan simply nods his head and moves out with Xuor. Pulling his sword to the ready as he and Xuor make there way in one direction to take a head count of just how many this army has.


Posted on 2007-06-08 at 19:29:20.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Moving Out


Xuor melds into the forest and only because Logan follows closely does he precieve him. It takes time to scout the area.

Thr Orcs seem less worried about what might come out of the forest and all the guards and sentries are position on the flanks and between the grasslands and the forest where they are hiding.

Some hours go by only with two notable glitches, one where an alert Orc seems to hear-see-smell something and moves out in the their direction. A close pass by Draug and the Orc loses interest. The second glitch was when a pair of Orcs get into a fight and when one breaks for it, he comes close to where Briana and Highnar are hiding.

Moving back to the horses, the group confers as to what they found. There are 150 to 200 Orcs hiddewen in the forest's edge. There are indications that there are at least 3 separate bands joined in this endeavor.


Posted on 2007-06-10 at 19:30:10.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


Info

"We should get moving, and swiftly if we are to get to the town in time so they can prepare for this horde." Logan says as he mounts his horse."Time is of the essence, and I'm afraid that small town has little time to spare if we hurry."


Posted on 2007-06-27 at 16:31:09.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Time to kill Orcs

"Lorae rode ahead to warn Ashbenford. IT has some decent defenses but I agree this is a large group. I say we harrass them more actively using bows ans such to whittle them down and put them on the defensive" suggests Brianna. "We could hit sragglers or the head of the line." This hiding in the woods does not suit her much.


Posted on 2007-06-27 at 21:51:37.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6340 Posts


In Agreement

"Aye me lady let us spill some Orc blood, for me axes are getting hungry and I have a wish to try me new crossbow. Lead on then”

As the dwarf waited by the parties horse's he could not help but think back a few hours to the depature of Lorea, he hoped she was ok.
At that time Highnar had moved to give Lorea a hug and a hope for her safe passage.

“Bein safe lass for their be possible mor’in Orcs then just these but ride ye well for a warning they must be hav'ing. Also be telling them to get their finest barrel of ale ready for killing Orcs makes me thirsty. Now be off with ye, we be having work to do”

Now he could only hope she had the village reached and they had begun to prepare....

(OOC: Ok ya got me I boo boo'd, see what happens when ya work 9 nights straight . Well I went ahead and edited the post to reflect her leaving earlier as such.)



Posted on 2007-06-28 at 18:00:10.
Edited on 2007-06-29 at 03:35:14 by TannTalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


A Hunting We Will Go....

(OOC I will take it that the well wishes and the hug happened before Lorae left them earlier. She would have hated to miss such acts of affection. :NAUGHTY

It had taken the group about 2 hours to survey the Orc implacements. The sun was lowering in the west. Brianna knows that Lorae would have easily made it to the Elven village and then Asbenford by this time. From the groups reconn they know that bands of Orcs are scattered along the edge of the forest. From what you have seen they plan to move in three sections, a middle and two flanks.


Posted on 2007-06-28 at 20:45:50.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


A Plan

"Now that we have word heading to town as to what comes, I say we use some suerilla tactics on them," Logan starts off, "toy with them as it were from a distance. And wait till they attack. The leaders are sure to be in the rear, and when they make their move on the town, we make our to take out their leaders from the rear. They would become much like a chicken with its head removed, unorginized and disoriented. Ofcourse, I am open to other suggestions, but that is mine."


Posted on 2007-06-28 at 20:52:44.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna turns in her saddle Yes that is a very good idea. She represses a grin though she thinks in her self that that was what she had already proposed.

"Lets hit one side and then another, never in any repeated order. Surprise a few kill them and ride off before they can respond. It is a good plan." she heartly concurs.


Posted on 2007-06-28 at 21:49:39.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6340 Posts


Ok maybe bad idea

"Ahhh lass I be hat'in to spoil ye plan but with me not be'in as good on yonder horse back as thou and the rest and prefering to fight with both me axes on me two feet might not a quick ambush be better. You be hitt'in thier flanks they be chas'in and then they be find'in me.
Then you hit them again as I retreat, or something to the same. I fear on the back of yonder beast I would be no good to ya's"

Once again Highnar awaited Brianna's reply.....


Posted on 2007-06-29 at 03:40:25.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna


"You know your skill best." Brianna nods as she understand what he is saying. "Yes, that will work too. Those of us that are more mobile can sneak up hit and draw some Orcs off to a prearranged place. Then we can all hit the ones that follow."

"In fact we could problably seek up better without the horses." Brianna starts undoing her weapons on her saddle in preparation.


Posted on 2007-06-29 at 14:50:25.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Sneaking and Ansy Orcs

Xuor offers his observations, "While I was counting the Orcs on the left flank, I noticed one or two groups that seemed to be a bit more....ready to go. They boosted that they would be the first totaste Elf flesh.

"They might be the easiet to draw out," And there were an number of copses of trees where you could set up a trap close by

"I can lead you to an ambush area and then we can set up the ambush."

When everyone is ready Xuor leads you to the left and behind the Orc Lines.


Posted on 2007-07-02 at 02:05:59.
Edited on 2007-07-02 at 16:11:43 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

As they moved in closer Brianna finds what she thinks is a good spot for them to ambush income Orcs.

"What about here." suggest Brianna. as she looks about a ringed copse of trees with more trees surrounding it. "It is well ringed with trees so we could back up to them to prevent us from being surrounded. We could put a archer up in the trees to shoot down at them as they come close and the rest us us can fight hand to hand." they can rush us through all those small trees. "Well, not easily." she amends.


Posted on 2007-07-04 at 03:50:07.
Edited on 2007-07-05 at 20:36:38 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Xuor

"This is the area I thought would be best. You three can set up here and I will go upwind of the Orcs and when they begin to hunt me I will lead them back in this direction..

"I will head for that tree and climb it so I can best use my bow. I should be able to stay in front of them, giving me enough time to climb before they get here. I also suggest that you hide downwind of their approach, which will be from that direction as best as I can lead them that way.." Xuor pointed to SW of the tree he was going to climb.


Posted on 2007-07-06 at 00:23:39.
Edited on 2007-07-06 at 04:39:49 by Dragon Mistress

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.