The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4001 registered users. Our newest member is Delance.
Online members: t_catt11, Bromern Sal, Altaira, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Spamvertize - Facebook! (posted by breebles)Facebook!
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny's Flight
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


A welcome face and 2 new one

Logan smiles as he sees Lorae approach. "It would seem the Orc leader got the last laugh from this fight." Logan says chuckling to Lorae when she comes to help with his mending. "Were you able to get word to the town of the approaching army? Are they preparing? Who are our 2 new friends you brought back with you?" Logan asks Lorae thru the pain.


Posted on 2007-08-09 at 17:56:06.
Edited on 2007-08-09 at 17:58:25 by Logan

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Healing First....


Lorae hurries to Logan's side. "Healing first," she replies, "I don't want you dying for the answers."

Lorae spreads her hands over Logan's body and she looks upward, "Light, this warrior has need of your healing grace."

She hold her hand over him and almost immediately she feel the prescence of The Light as is courses through her and then flows into her arms and down to her hands before it transfers to Logan's body. The holy radiance moves to the site of each wound and then descipates. She follows this with 2 heal spells.

"Cerric, your skills will be needed."

"Brianne, remove the dressings, says Lorae standing so the Cerric could get to Logan. "The Light's healing stopped the bleeding."



Posted on 2007-08-09 at 19:29:31.
Edited on 2007-08-09 at 19:32:42 by Lorae

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Suffused in The Light


Logan feels the radiance enter his body and then go out to each wound. The intense pain of those wounds lessen as the bleeding stops. Lorae's two spells almost close his worse wound.


Posted on 2007-08-09 at 19:38:55.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


And now for the Others


She looks to the others that fought and sees Highnar and Brianna splattered with blood. Xuor, still holding his bow was not so adorned.

"Brianna, Highnar it is time to see to your wounds, I am afraid that we may have unwanted company soon."



Posted on 2007-08-09 at 19:52:14.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


healing hands and answers

"Lorae, I'll be fine, just need some healing which I know you and our new friend can provide." Logan says, "But what matters most is, has the town been warned? And dont worry to much, I look far worse than I appear to be."


Posted on 2007-08-09 at 23:10:27.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Introductions and Announcenments.


"Yes Eventide has been warned," Lorae said in a manner of an adult placating a child, "and then I rode to Ashbenford and alerted then. They gatherad a force which was only 10 miles from the Elven village when we left them."

"Now, this is Cerric," she points the the man now beside Logan, "He is a cleric and a magic user. The young female elf who guards us is Vatta though she has declared to guard Cerric first and foremost."

"Cerric you are working on Logan a fighter, then there Brianna a fighter and Highnar is the Dwarf and then there is Xuor a Elven ranger and finally Daug," she points to the wolf, "Xuor's companion."

"And now that is done, I am sorry to say we may had drawn trouble to us. As we rode here we passed a band of Goblins and Orcs preparing to move out. They may come after us."


Posted on 2007-08-10 at 01:11:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


More Orc's Awesome!!

“Aye well let them come me lady, me axes are yet hungry for the flesh and blood of Orc’s.
But I not be minding my manners good day to you both Cerric and you lovely Vatta.
But what say you Lorae do we stand here or head for this army you have raised now that Logan be healthy yet again.” Turning to Logan with a smile on his face he addressed next the Human fighter

“Mayhap my friend ya need to stay closer to me as you seem to be always getting yourself in trouble young lad.
We be needing to see if you humans can truly live as long as us Dwarf’s.”
Still having a large grin on his face the Dwarf knew that Logan would take his words in the manner of their intention, as a show of concern and friendly teasing.

“So I say again Lorae do we stand or do we regroup with yon army?”....


Posted on 2007-08-10 at 05:13:47.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna shakes her head at Lorae words after moving back to give Lorae space to work on Logan."I am not injured this is mostly Orc blood and some of Logan's I will get our horse and bring them beack here.

Brianna stands up and calls Flame, "Come ON Flame I need you to keep your eyes open for any more Orcs or other nasties." she paused and added, "I missed you." And she meant what she said.

Briana stands up tall and straight and quichly strides off to fetch the horse. "Xuor, If you would, keep watch. I will rejoin you in moment. I am going to bring our horses in close."

Brianna is a tall well muscled, young woman, truly an young Amazon. She is well over 6 feet tall, flaming red hair drawn back from her face in narrow corn rows to fall down her back in a tight braid. She has golden colored eyes, like a hawks. Her skinned is a golden tan of one who has live out in the sun. All she wears is a chain mail shirt and ornate breast plate definately made for a female figure, fine bracers and greaves over boots and soft leather pants. Two fine long swords hang across her back. and a quiver of arrows. and a great double bladed, Orc axe hangs on her left hip. and small round buckler is strapped to her left arm. SHe is unmistakeably a fighter from helmet to boots.

Brianna stops at the tree where she made her first stand and picks up her horse bow.

Quickly she mounts up onto Shaowbane and gathers the rest of the horse and returns to the clearing near where Logan was. " she looks the newcomers over. She know Lorae said the man was a cleric, and the woman was going to protect him. but she didn't look like a heavy fighter does, nor even a trooper in light armor., but then there ws so much about this world she does not know, so she doesn't let it bother her. Lorae brought them so they must at least be decent folk.


Posted on 2007-08-10 at 05:35:17.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


feeeling better

"Lorae, please understand the answers were not just for my sake, but the rest of us as well. Had you not been able to deliver word to the towns, we would have to start formulating a plan to pick off as many as possible and slow them down in hopes that maybe someone from those towns might hear or see something and get word to them in time to arm." Logan says as he sits up slightly.

"Cerric and Vatta is it? Glad to meet you. Cerric I see you are a cleric from the very least, do you have any other talents? And Vatta, I'm not sure what to make of you. Fighter? Ranger? Theif? Either way, you are both welcome additions to our group. " Logan says to the new comers.

"Highnar my friend, I think this next battle I'll let you take on the leaders and I'll back you up. Ifin you want, I can throw you at him for your first attack." Logan says chuckling with alot less pain, almost to the point of laughing. "I'd more than welcome your companyat my side for this next battle seeing as how I seem to draw the biggest baddest meanest and ugliest enemies to me. Besides I'd love to your axes in action first hand." Logan finishes with a smile.


Posted on 2007-08-10 at 17:08:40.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


For Cerric

Cerric quickly examines Logan's wounds. It did, indeed look like the fighter at his feet had taken on the worst of the enemy. Maybe he had also been in the fight in the meadow and chased the Orc here to do battle.

Cerric then entones a prayer to his Deity and casts a cure moderate on Logan's second largest wound and the two more cure lights to finish the healing.

"That should hold you together for now, Logan, s that your correct name?" asks Cerric putting out a hand to help Logan rise.

"This is my Companion Vatta," he continues nodding towards Vatta, "She volunteered to guard my back which I very musch appreciate. I am no fighter but I am a healer and a bit of a mage."





Posted on 2007-08-11 at 05:13:46.
Edited on 2007-08-11 at 06:35:17 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Battle Ready

Vatta kept a ear and eye open all around them, especially in the direction from which they came. Lorae’s mention of the orcs they passed reminded her that they might have been pursued to this clearing. If that was the case, the orcs wouldn’t be far away.

Vatta nods her head in greeting to the others as the Paladin of light introduces her. She watches in slight awe as first the Paladin and then Cerric heal the wounded. Healing magic is the only kind she really finds useful; she has never truly found mages to be trustworthy.

She smirks slightly at Logan’s question about her ‘skills’ and shrugs, “I’m whatever I need to be sometimes.”

Seeing Brianna bring the mounts and the rest of the group is back on their feet and discussing their next move she adds, “I think Brianna has the right idea, whatever we do we might want to be mounted so we have better mobility.”

Having added her opinion, she hurried over and took the reins of her horse and thanked Brianna with a nod as she quickly swung up into the saddle and one again kept vigil with her bow over the group. She has always liked the shooting her bow from the slightly higher elevation of her horse’s back and using the horse’s speed to ride around opponents on foot.

((OOC: I will stick with this post as she had already given her advice for the moment and will continue in this course of action until something changes or someone suggests something different.))


Posted on 2007-08-11 at 13:20:50.
Edited on 2007-08-15 at 01:00:57 by YeOlde

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Preparing for Battle


(OOC: Time to plan I will give you till Wednesday to set up your plan. So its time to inteact. Cerric, not being a fighter will listen and if needed offer spells he might use to aid them in their fight.) Even a Rogue's input could be useful. )


Posted on 2007-08-12 at 04:30:22.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


The need for speed and a new plan

When he first breaks through the underbrush and sees the shape Logan is in he is quite surprised, the Orc leader lies dead but it is obvious that Logan paid a high price for his victory.Brianna goes right to work on Logan so Xour will draw his bow and keep watch around for any foes.
It is at this point that he first hears then sees Flame the little dragonete that belongs to Lorae.Brianna at once tells Flame that Logan needs healing and to bring Lorae to them quickly.Lorae shows up very fast with two new riders following her.She at once goes over to work on Logan and when she is finisher has one of the new riders also help heal him.
Xour watches the two new arrivals and listens as Lorae makes introductions all around He nods politely when he and Daug are mentioned but nothing more.He needs to see a little more of the new arrivals before he lets them into his life other than to fight at their side.Since Lorae brought them he knows he can be fairly sure they are there to help and are good people but he has always been the loner type and it always take time for anyone to get through his exterior shell.
When Brianna brings their horses over he thanks her and taking the reins mounts his warhorse at once.Leaning over the neck of his horse he gently strokes it neck and whispers in the horses ear as he always does being reasurring and making sure the horse is feeling calm and connected to him.Now it seems it's time to prepare for their next encounter with the Orcs.As they are speaking Lorae tells them that on their way here they saw some Orcs and Goblins, As we rode here we passed a band of Goblins and Orcs preparing to move out. They may come after us."
To which our Dwarven friend Highnar at once gets excited saying,me axes are yet hungry for the flesh and blood of Orc’s.
Xour listens to the banter but what they need right now is a plan and some information on the movement of the group that Lorae saw.Turning to Lorae Xour speaks,So we may have Goblins and Orcs togeather, nice group, can you say how far back it was you passed this group?could you tell if they turned to follow your group?If they are headed this way we need to know how soon they will arrive and if not then what our next move should be.As he waits for Lorae to answer his first two questions he deceides to send Daug on a quick recon mission.Sending him back along the route Lorae had come to see if anything was coming towards them and once spoted to return to him at once .



Posted on 2007-08-13 at 14:16:00.
Edited on 2007-08-13 at 14:17:15 by Dragonmist

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Trouble Magnet


"Logan," says Lorae leaping gracefully back up on Dancer, "is seems you have a knack for drawing the best of the enemy to you."

As Xuor speaks Lorae turns to listen.

"So we may have Goblins and Orcs together, nice group, can you say how far back it was you passed this group? Could you tell if they turned to follow your group? If they are headed this way we need to know how soon they will arrive and if not then what our next move should be?"
"About 2 miles back, They saw riders caught up is a field of Elven magic, and that they could warn of the impending attack, so what do you think? I did not see tham in the act of following because we passed them so quickly, but it will take them longer to get here than it did for us. I used magicsa to ease our passage throught the plants. Also slowing them will be the fact that we left no tracks."

"As to whether they are coming.... Brianna will you have Flame go back and check on the Orcs. Meantime I will prepare spells to aid us like entangle."

"Cerric. I would advise you not to use fire spells the summer grasses are not moist enough to keep the a fire from going out of control."








Posted on 2007-08-13 at 19:18:06.
Edited on 2007-08-13 at 19:31:06 by Lorae

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

"Flame. would you please go back and look for those Orcs. that would help us to be prepared. Now, let me listen to what the Helmet has to offer."

Brianna slips on the ornate helmet at her side. "Okay," she says. "Orcs in large numbers may be coming this way. to attack those they saw riding by."

She waits for any suggestions from the helmet..



Posted on 2007-08-13 at 20:19:44.
Edited on 2007-08-14 at 23:25:48 by Brianna

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.