The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: Odyson, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by Eol Fefalas)Bug Reports!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


next up

"It would most certainly appear that way wouldn't it now?" says Logan to Lorae. "I think if we have enough time, we should prepare to ambush this group whom you passed not so long ago. It may also prove benificial if we team up in twos this time around while have our two archers attack from oppisite sides." Logan speaks this as he secures his mount and waits for what is to be decided.


Posted on 2007-08-16 at 18:44:32.

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
501 Posts


The Swelter of the Sun

Dear old knowledge... truly it was taken for granted. Without it, we would not know of the gods, and without them, there will little in the way of divine intervention. This man he had been healing, this Logan, he had been in dire condition just moments before. By the grace of Oghma, he was spared the repercussions of such injuries. Repercussion that very well could have included death.

When he introduced himself, The Mystic Theurge decided that the time for secrets had passed. This was a battlefield, and there were people dying. If he were able to assist them in any way, he would... this included any arcane means available to him. For the first time since being a part of this movement he admitted that he was indeed endowed with the arcane arts. As if on cue, the little black raven Char, who was his familiar swooped down from the sky and landed upon his shoulder, eying the little dragon suspiciously.

While the rest of the group was talking strategy he listened intently... he would not want to be caught off guard by any tactical changes. He was not very familiar with the face of battle, but he was precocious, and caught on quickly. Many had called him wise beyond his years. The term old soul had been used to describe the Priest on more than one occasion.

When the Elven Paladin advised Cerric against the use of fire magic, he cursed his lack of offensive spells. Besides the most effective scorching ray, he had only magic missile to offer... not including the daily miracles provided by his deity, of which he was sure there was something that he could do some damage with.

"Behold me friends, I am no warrior true. I have no armour, except for that which I hold in here," and with those last words, Cerric taps his forehead as if alluding to the brain held behind the thick of skull, "I do not wish to be too far behind the battle, if there is injury, I shall like to be near to mend it. I will provide support from an intermediate range as well, with whatever damage I can etch into the mar of our enemies..." and with that, he remounted his stunning horse, having said all that he need say.


Posted on 2007-08-17 at 01:09:40.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Armor, Crossbow, and a Plan


"There is one thing I can help with," says Lorae and her reaches int the bag of hold and come out holding a glittering mirthril chain shirt. "This was mine until I got new armor, As it is made of Mithril, it will not impede your spell casting."

Lorae moves her stallion closer to the Cerric's mare. "Here. Put it over your clothes for now, but later you can wear it underneath you clothes."

"Vatta I also have a chain shirt +1 if you need or can use it and there is a hand crossbow you might be interested in, the Drow we took it from had no more need of it."

"Now Brianna, has that Helm given you any ideas on how to tackle the problem." Seeing Brianna still lost in thought she turns back to Cerric.

"Bye the way you mare is named Shanara, It means Lady of the Light. She is Dancer's bonded mate."

As if to prove this Dancer and Lady nuzzle each other.

"As for my contributions to an ambush, I can set a few entangle spells that will funnel the Orcs and Goblins into the open ground of this glade." Archers could shoot from the trees to slow their advance and those with cavalry skill can make ride by attacks from the flanks."


Posted on 2007-08-17 at 05:29:08.
Edited on 2007-08-17 at 05:57:08 by Lorae

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

"Nothing yet," Brianna snawers a bit disappointed but since this things was so new to her and she had not often used it she was not sure just how it worked.. "Perhap[s I need to give it more information, or perhaps it doesn't work until something is happening."

"About how many Orcs and goblins were there--a rough guess is good enough?


Posted on 2007-08-17 at 06:55:46.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Intelligence


Lorae paused to think back on the fleeting glimpse of the encampment.

"About a dozen Orcs, and one big one," she pauses, "and about twice that number of Goblins."

"Given that they will have to track us by scent," Lorae went on to add while checking the direction of the wind, "then they should come out somewhere to the west of where we came in."



Posted on 2007-08-17 at 16:41:54.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Death from above!

Vatta sat atop her horse and listened to the others as they planned their strategy and kept her eyes on the direction from whence they came knowing that at any minute the enemy could appear.

She turns to The Paladin of the Light when she addresses her and smiles and bows her head politely at the offer of the armor and hand crossbow, “Thank you, Milady but I am more skilled with my own bow and the chain armor would only hinder my movements.” Having worn her studded leather armor for so long she can’t imagine wearing anything else. She finds any other armor confining and cumbersome to her deft movements especially during combat.

Vatta looks up into the trees and spies some likely places from where she could get a good field of fire of the area that Lorae has selected. “I think I am best suited for fighting from above,” she says and runs her horse over into the brush to the side of the direction that the orcs and goblins should come.

Leaping off the horse, taking her weapons, she quickly ties her horse to some light brush, enough to keep it from wandering off but if endangered the animal could pull free and retreat.

She spots the best tree for her purpose and slinging her bow and quiver on her back she shimmies up the tree with ease. Finding the large limb she seen from the ground, one wide enough so she can walk easily and with a trunk big enough to provide cover from any return fire, she equips her bow and keeps vigilance on the western forest.

If she spots any movement she will warn those below.



Posted on 2007-08-17 at 19:08:43.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


New Input.

Brianna tells the information Lorae gave her to the helment. and waits for a bit. If noting is forthcoming she removes the heavy helmet because she really does not like wearing it.

Brianna gathers up her swords and shecks them over then she checks the massive ax at her side.

She was ready and all she needed was a clear field with some trees about 10 feet away. "Ho, Highnar how about we buddy up, back to back so they can't flank us as easily. Your style and mine are pretty close; we should work well together."


Posted on 2007-08-17 at 23:39:57.
Edited on 2007-08-17 at 23:41:58 by Brianna

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Plans


"Cerric, it would be best to stay mounted and near the tree where Vatta has gone." Lorae turns to look that direction. I will put an entangle in front of her oposition. Stay on Shanara if you venture out into the glade. She can sense the magic of the entangle."

"Logan, I will make some mounted forays on the Orcs and Goblins, then I will join you as it get to hand to hand."


Posted on 2007-08-18 at 04:11:50.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Wings and paws


Not more than a couple minutes later Daug and Flame enter the glade from the West. Daug goes to Xuor and then turns around at growls at the forest to the west. It was clear enough to Xuor. Enemies come. Daugs hackles rise on her neck and she bares her teeth.

The flashing red dragonette make s beeline for Brianna. "They come lots of Orcs and Goblins. Lots of Golblins" Flame tell Brianna in his high pitched voice. Most can hear it clearly. Vatta will have to make a listen roll as she is climbing a tree and a spot roll too. Everyone else can make a listen and spot roll for a few minutes later.


Posted on 2007-08-18 at 04:35:28.
Edited on 2007-08-18 at 18:03:55 by Dragon Mistress

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


To Your Places

"To your places," cries Lorae riding to where Vatta had gone and setting her first entangle.

Next she rode out to set another in a line from where she would be, in plain sight, and where the Orcs would be coming from. She set it out far enough that they would probably be in a full run by the time they got to the spot. Lorae planned to cast another entangle behind them so that they would have trouble trying to skirt the area, if they figured out just what is was that was causing the problem.

Next she rode up to Shadowbane, for a moment she stared deeply into his eyes, the communication was silent and ended with the great black nodding his head.

Lorae then takes out the glowing green crystal uses one of its powers to protect both Shadowbane and Dancer. When she returns to Cerric she does the same thing for Shanara and Char. Lastly she does the red mare and Draug.


Posted on 2007-08-18 at 18:21:48.
Edited on 2007-08-18 at 18:25:31 by Lorae

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
501 Posts


Underneath The Killing Trees

With a nod and a, "Yes, mi'lady." Cerric strides over to the tree Vatta had been climbing, looking through the thick of branches and limbs to see if he can capture a glimpse of her eyes. It was certainly an interesting position. From the trees she could probably gain a great vantage of the battlefield, he only wondered if her bow would be effective within the foliage. Surely, she could find the gaps...

It was an odd sensation, sitting below an elf in a tree, bow poised preparing for the kill, whilst he himself straddled a very mystifying creature, from an experiment in magic and summoning brought to him by an elven paladin riding a legendary moonstrider. Here he stood, below this Killing Tree, of one would so call it, awaiting a battle, one in which they stood outnumbered, but yet the only fearful one of the lot, was he.

Even Char looked eager for things to begin, perhaps he was considering the joys of pecking on the fallen's flesh. It was at this moment, the mystic theurge decided that it was not always beneficial to be empathically attuned with such a creature... though he wondered at the thoughts of a rat, if he had so chosen that as his familiar.



Posted on 2007-08-18 at 22:47:23.
Edited on 2007-08-18 at 22:47:51 by Philosopher

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Killing Tree indeed!

Vatta hears Lorea’s instructions, gives a wave to acknowledgement , and spotting the return of the Daug and Flame from the west she concentrates her sense on that direction. ((OOC: Listen roll was a 12+11 modifier= Total 23; Spot roll was a 14+3 modifier = total 17)).

She takes out a handful of arrows from her quiver and sticks the heads into the tree trunk next to her so she can grab them quickly when the time comes. She has one arrow set and waiting for a target to show itself.

Looking down as Lorae sets her entanglement around the tree she spots Cerric looking up at her and she smiles back at him and gave him a wink, “Don’t worry priest.. None shall reach you there.” Reminding him of her vow to protect him. She knew how important a priest that could heal was to such a party, she had recently seen his healing magic in use on Logan who looked near death.

She valued her own life, of that there was no doubt., but she would keep a close eye on the priest for in her mind his magic was far more useful to the mission than her feeble skills.

If she hears or spots any thing, she will call down softly to the others and let them know immediately. She hopes that the enemy will be drawn out into the clearing where she will have a much clearer shot at them.




Posted on 2007-08-19 at 17:49:33.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Enemy's from the West

Xour spends his time, as he follows Lorae and the party towards where they will make their next stand against the enemy, observeing and listening to both those he has travled with and the two newcomers that had accompined Lorae back to them. He always found it to be enlighting to be a good observer and listener, for many times one could find out much more about a new companion by their actions, and by what they did not say then by questions asked directly. People often had preconcived answers to questions that where often asked so these answers where often of no value. So it was of no surprise to him when the one let it be known that he was a wielder of the arcane arts, he had been quite sure he had been holding back just alittle not that it truly mattered much.

As they entered an open glad area the troop stops to plan their next moves. Pretty sure that the group passed earlier would be coming this way to hunt them down they where looking for a good place for an ambush. Then both Flame and Daug appeared returning to their respective masters. When Daug reaches he turns around at growls at the forest to the west. It was clear enough to Xuor. Enemies come. Daugs hackles rise on her neck and she bares her teeth. He at once relays the information he has gleaned from his animal friend Seems friends that our enemy is closing and will be coming from the west.
Since he is talking he doesn't hear clearly what Flame was saying so ( OOC: Listen Roll 15+7=22 and spot roll 15+10=25) Knowing from Daug from what direction they are coming he will start watching out in that direction. He knows from the conversation that had been on going about their ambush what was pretty much going to happen. Logan had earlier stated It may also prove benificial if we team up in twos this time around while have our two archers attack from oppisite sides. So having watched as Vatta had taken up a good spot from which to fire into the glad he quickly picks out a spot that will put those entering the glad pretty much in the middle of both archers deadly fire. Making sure he has everything he needs from his horse he makes his way over to the tree he will work from, then knowing his horse will fend very well for herself ( could not find anywhere if horse was male or female so if it's ok my horse will be female and named Laurianna. If not ok just let me know Thanxs.) keep herself safe but will be within calling distance if needed he rubs her neck gently and nuzzles her nose with his, speaking softly to the animal he sends her off to wait. Continueing to watch to the west he will climb and pull himself up into the tree he picked and get himself situated in as good a position as possable to fire his bow. Now he waits.



Posted on 2007-08-20 at 12:00:43.
Edited on 2007-08-20 at 12:01:39 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Listening-Hearing


Xour hears the high pitched voice of the Dragonette, and he is soon in place position hismelf so that the Orcs and goblins will be caught in a crossfire. Brianna and Highnar prepare to meet the enemy and Lorae moves to set some strategic entangles once she does she dismounts Moon Dancer and pretends to be looking at his foot. She point to Logan to set up on the north side as Brainna and Highnar have taken positin on the south. Should any of the enemy go around the entangles they would be there to stop them.

After setting the entangles Lorae rides over to a point directly on the far side of the entangles, hoping to draw the enemy into her trap. The entangles should pretty much stop the goblins, though the stronger Orc could power their way through.

Some 7 mintues later the gutteral commands of Orc and the higher pitch cries of Goblins can be heard.

As they burst into the glade Lorae start to lead Moon Dancer straigt away from them. True to there nature the Orcs and the Goblins break into a run seeing their quarry ahead.

(OOC 7 minutes of prep and stuff and then action. All ranged attacks and magic ranged attacks will go off first.)



Posted on 2007-08-23 at 03:07:18.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Preparations


Lorae looks about as others move into positions. "Hold your fire until they hit the entangles" She then positions herself as bait for the trap.

"Logan, I will join you as soon as they are into the entangles."


Posted on 2007-08-23 at 03:11:07.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.