The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4002 registered users. Our newest member is nghedinh3.
Online members: t_catt11, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Spamvertize - Olan's Award Winning Chili Recipe (posted by breebles)Olan's Award Winning Chil
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


The Battle continues

For once it seems as though the gods are not out to kill Logan, atleast not just yet Logan thinks ever so quickly while to continuing to strike and attmept to parry on coming attacks form this once large group of Orcs and Goblins. He again swings with his right sword at the Orc in front of him and with his left the one to his left while at the same keeping his weapons at the ready to try and parry an on coming attack.

"Lets hope our good fortunes continue my good lady Lorae", he starts, "as I'm sure they will not last forever when we return to the village to help defend it from the larger force that we have been toying with."

"Highnar, since when did you start to ask an elf to take something on before you?" Logan yells across the battle field to Highnar. "I always figured you would want first blood of that smelly, green pig crap looking creature."



Posted on 2007-11-18 at 08:35:35.
Edited on 2007-11-18 at 08:37:24 by Logan

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


Happy Thanksgiving to All

Highnar having killed the Orcs around him found himself at the moment with no new foes.
As he scanned the clearing for more the loathsome creatures he saw that most of them still alive were it seemed attempting to escape. Then Logan called to him from beside Lorae his mood jovial in nature amidst the gore of battle.

"Highnar, since when did you start to ask an elf to take something on before you? I always figured you would want first blood of that smelly, green pig crap looking creature."

“Ay lad but I’s being the gentle men and offering the lady first dibs.”

Then turning to Brianna on his left as always he posed a new question.

“My good Lady it seems we have brok’in the backs of these critters, what say you, shall we pursue?? “

His axe dripping blood but still thirsting for more the Dwarf awaited the Elf’s reply.

(OOC: Ok I could not remember if Brianna is Human or Elvin. If I have it wrong let me know and I will edit the above.
Also I hate to bring it up here but Logan are you still in Cerebral Paradox we need to know a yes or no as we need a Bullseye character. Please let me or Brom know thanks.)



Posted on 2007-11-21 at 21:30:23.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Round 7


[Sorry for the tardy post, been gaming at LosCon for last 3 days as a DM after spending days/weeks preparing. Also sorry for the lack of narration but allergy caused teary eyes and fast runny nose make typing a b----. Xuor-Brianna is Humnan, well sort of being an Amazon.]

The fight rages and there are less and less of the enemy. Rhe goblin realy get a hit on anyone in the stanch band of warriors.

================= Round 7 ==============
Logan: Last Attacked: Orc 8

Logan (Longsword +3 (Mighty cleaving, Speed), #1) hits (9+11) AC 20 for 8 HP of damage
Orc 8 has received 8 hp of S, magic, damage.
Orc 8 has died.
Logan (Longsword +3 (Flaming burst, Keen), #2) hits (17+6) AC 23 for 14 HP (8 S, magic + 6 fire) of damage
Orc 12 has received 8 hp of S, magic damage; and 6 hp of fire damage.
Orc 12 has died.
Logan (Longsword +3 (Mighty cleaving, Speed), #1) hits (5+11) AC 16 for 13 HP of damage
Goblin 29 has received 13 hp of S, magic, damage.
Goblin 29 is unconscious.

-----------------------------------
Vatta: . Last Attacked: Orc 3 Leader

Vatta (Shortbow, mighty (+2 Str) composite MW (Speed), #1) hits (2+11) AC 13 for 4 HP of damage
Orc 3 Leader is not hit (AC 23).
Vatta (Shortbow, mighty (+2 Str) composite MW (Speed), #1) hits (17+11) AC 28 for 3 HP of damage
Orc 3 Leader has received 3 hp of damage.
Vatta (Shortbow, mighty (+2 Str) composite MW (Speed), #2) hits (19+6) AC 25 for 4 HP of damage
Orc 3 Leader has received 4 hp of damage.
------------------------------------------
Lorae: Last Attacked: Orc 11

Lorae, half-celestial (Longsword +5 (Holy, Keen), #1) hits (15+17) AC 32 for 20 HP (9 s + 11 s) of damage
Orc 11 has received 20 hp of s, s damage.
Orc 11 has died.
Lorae, half-celestial (Longsword +5 (Holy, Keen), #1) hits (7+17) AC 24 for 21 HP (15 s + 6 s) of damage
Orc 10 has received 21 hp of s, s damage.
Lorae, half-celestial (Longsword +5 (Holy, Keen), #2) hits (10+12) AC 22 for 15 HP (8 s + 7 s) of damage
Orc 10 has received 15 hp of s, s damage.
Orc 10 has died.

Brianna Stormrider: Running
-----------------------------------
Shadowbane: . Last Attacked: Orc 3 Leader
Shadowbane (Trample, #1) Natural 20 (20+19) (AC 39) for 24 HP (13 Crushing + 11 x # of feet) of damage
----> Critical threat to AC 26 , total damage 33 HP (Crushing)
Orc 3 Leader has received 33 hp of Crushing, x # of feet damage (automatic hit) (critical hit).
Orc 3 Leader is unconscious.
Shadowbane (hooves, #1) hits (13+19) AC 32 for 19 HP of damage
Goblin 1 has received 19 hp of damage.
Goblin 1 has died.
Shadowbane (hooves, #2) hits (16+19) AC 35 for 11 HP of damage
Goblin 1 has received 11 hp of damage.
Goblin 1 has died.

-----------------------------------
Moon Dancer: Last Attacked: Orc 19
Moon Dancer (Trample, #1) hits (12+17) AC 29 for 20 HP (10 Crushing + 10 x # of feet) of damage
Orc 19 has received 20 hp of Crushing, x # of feet damage.
Moon Dancer (Trample, #2) hits (18+12) AC 30 for 24 HP (14 Crushing + 10 x # of feet) of damage
Orc 19 has received 24 hp of Crushing, x # of feet damage.
Orc 19 has died.
Moon Dancer (Trample, #2) hits (18+12) AC 30 for 24 HP (14 Crushing + 10 x # of feet) of damage
Orc 33 Adept has received 24 hp of Crushing, x # of feet damage.
Orc 33 Adept has died.
-----------------------------------
Highnar Goldblade: Running
-----------------------------------
Xuor: . Last Attacked: Orc 12

Xuor (Longbow, composite +3, #1) hits (19+1 AC 37 for 6 HP of damage
Orc 2 has received 6 hp of P, magic, damage.
Xuor (Longbow, composite +3, #2) hits (9+13) AC 22 for 6 HP of damage
Orc 2 has received 6 hp of P, magic, damage.
Orc 2 is unconscious.
-----------------------------------
Bear, Black 2: . Running
Bear, Black 2 (claws, #1) hits (16+6) AC 22 for 8 HP of damage
Goblin 38 has received 8 hp of S/P, damage.
Goblin 38 has died.
Bear, Black 2 (claws, #2) hits (8+6) AC 14 for 7 HP of damage
Goblin 29 has received 7 hp of S/P, damage.
Goblin 29 has died.
-----------------------------------
Flame: . Last Attacked: Orc 29 High Adept

Flame/base gold (Breath, #1) hits (18+20) AC 38 for 9 HP of damage
Goblin 38 has received 9 hp of Fire damage.
Goblin 38 has died.
Flame (Breath, #2) hits (3+20) AC 23 for 8 HP of damage
Goblin 39 has received 8 hp of Fire damage.
Goblin 39 is unconscious.
Flame (Breath, #3) hits (3+20) AC 23 for 8 HP of damage
Goblin 37 has received 8 hp of Fire damage.
Goblin 37 is unconscious.
-----------------------------------
Cerric Khalidran: . Last Attacked: Goblin 24
Cerric Khalidran casts Magic Missile as Wiz 5 (DC 1. at Goblin 24 Goblin 24 has died.
Cerric Khalidran casts Magic Missile as Wiz 5 (DC 1. at Goblin 26 Goblin 26 dies.

(OOC Map out later today)





Posted on 2007-11-26 at 19:37:15.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The Battle is Won!

Seeing the leader finally fall after she had put 10 arrows in him and he took a viscous attack from Shadowbane. She shook her head and mumbled, “They sure are making em bigger now.”

She turned her few remaining arrows looking for the next available targets and she spots a couple of orcs near where the leader was standing. As she draws an arrow and notches it she sees that some of the enemy is fleeing now, the tide of the battle has turned.

As she draws down on her next target (O16) she starts to yell out as if she is addressing her companions, “OUR REINFORCEMENTS ARE HERE, THEY WILL FINISH THE REST OF THESE VERMIN OFF QUICKLY!!”

Hoping her bluff will be overheard by some of the orcs and goblins and further demoralize them, she fires off a volley at her first target (O16) and if he falls she will go to the next closest (O35) to him with any remaining of her three shots .


Posted on 2007-12-01 at 18:18:37.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Shooting Continues.

OOC: sorry but for some reason I have not received the newest battle map so I'm not sure of my targets.

BIC: As Xour watches the Orc leader goes down from Vatta's attack and then from Shadowbane stomping him.So in his last attack he targets Orc #2. Now woth the field kind of in disarry he will continue to target the Orcs that are closest to Logan and Lorae and look like they may still be a threat to them.

Braceing himself in his tree the ranger continues to do what he does best and that is rain down death upon his enemies.
He picks his target and as always follows his proceedure for firing at them.Once he has finished firing he hears Vatta yell out her bluff about reinforcements arriving so he deceides to play along. Oh yes I can see them from my vantage those still in the field are as good as dead.


Posted on 2007-12-01 at 22:39:46.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Once more into the fray.

Brianna sharges forward towards the Orcs closets to her and Highnar eagerly. Her twins swords flash back ready to strike as soon as she gets in range. HEr long legs cover the distance quicxkly. Her eyes though are sharply aware of ther surrpindongs. the path takes her over a bodies of fallen goblins and orcs that she negotiates adroitly.

Not from her will there be mercy. Their contstant attack against folk had sealed their fate in her mind. The best they weill get from her is a quick death.


Posted on 2007-12-03 at 17:53:12.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


Looky around, it appears as thou the enemy around him and lorea have been laid to waste

Looking around, it appears as thou the enemy around him and lorea have been laid to waste so he heads to where the remaingin are still standing. "Leave that one for later Lorea", Logan begins, " we might be able to get some usefull information out of him later when he comes around." Logan says as he points to the still breathing Goblin on the ground but very much unconsious.



Posted on 2007-12-07 at 23:12:52.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


A Combat Weary Dwarf

Highnar had to admit even if only to himself that though he lived for combat such as this he was beginning to become tired. With those enemies closet to him for the moment dead and most of the rest still alive attempting to escape. The dwarf took a moment to gain his breath as he followed Brianna forward.
With her long legs Highnar knew he could not keep up with her and with her thirst for orc blood high all he could do was follow her and keep watch on her back.
But if that was all he could do for the moment then so be it he would make sure no one attacked her unseen.....



Posted on 2007-12-09 at 04:24:41.
Edited on 2007-12-09 at 04:25:15 by TannTalas

Philosopher
Bill-osopher
Karma: 37/4
502 Posts


The Hounds of Heaven.

The grim tidings of the night, although they placed a levy upon his soul, weighing his judgments against truth, the mystic theurge, having chosen his allegiance to the lively-hood of his comrades, thickens the stew of the slaughter. The battle was drawing to it's close, and there was little chance the orc remnants would survive the close. This was less to the point than the fact that they would likely continue their assault until stubborn death, regardless of the taunts from up above, by the lovely lady Vatta.

However, it had sparked an idea within Cerric, one that would make the bluff a reality, and perhaps reinforce the idea that the orcs were quite doomed. If utter damnation was not enough to sway their hearts from bloodshed, or their minds from abstract courage... then the reinforcements he endowed would surely help to put their bodies to ground.

A divine echo filled the air, booming into the night, as if the gods had broken the fibers of this plane apart and besought the combatants to join them in their masterful twining of fate and soul. The threads of such fine weave, were fragile... though so few seemed to realize this fact. When ones body was strong, they neglected the weight of their soul. Cerric gazed upon the remaining horde, mouthing words that did not come from him, but all around. As he called forth his celestial hounds, he thought on the frailty of these brutes, how their bodies would not hold against the waiting light. They were windows, as all men are. Their bodies made up the frame... one need only throw a rock into the centre, the soul, to shatter the whole.

As the words quavered and died, the vibrance of its grasp still shuddered solemnly. A new horizon was being formed of light so pure, not even the sun could compare to its magnificence. This line across the field of pain was a striking contrast of good, against the evil deeds committed on this eve. Figures stepped forth from the crevice that split the prime material, and if one stared into the gash long enough, they were stricken at awe by the wings of angels fluttering, beckoning forth their souls, away from the harshness of this world.

Reinforcements... had indeed arrived.

(Cerric is using the spell Summon monster III, and will summon celestial dogs. The roll for how many is 1d4+1. He will summon them 35 feet away from him, as close to the orcs as he can muster.)


Posted on 2007-12-10 at 00:49:22.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


Lorae nods the logan indicating the enemy had moved in behind them. Lorae turns to the goblins that positioned themselves for back attacks in the gathering shadows of evening her strange greenwood blade was glowing emerald with an aura of purest white. She lashed out at the last of the enemy around them. She knows Logan's swift swords would take care of the goblins by him so she concentrated of those behind her.


Posted on 2007-12-13 at 17:43:48.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


An Anticlimatic End--Round 8


Logan and Lorae each down two of the last four of the enemy facing them, leaving them each with unused attacks. Vatta first on the Orcs in the center of the field as the long shadows fill the glade. Highnar and Brainna move together to meet the last of the Orcs and each Orc falls on the second stroke of sword and ax. Xuor has two shots and downs two of the running Goblins, and third is taken out by one of the bears. A third Orc by Brianna and Highnar is taken down by another bear.

Two celestial hounds burst out of the ray of light and gallop onto the field. They split up and go to those Goblins and Orcs that where down but not yet dead. Diagonally from the hounds a gout of fire takes out the last two Goblins.

The glade goes quiet.

(Congrats smart playing of characters considering the enemy could have easily overwhelmed you. Congrats to Highnar who is now 9th level. Tann I need to know what points you want to put where (4) and what new feat you want. To bad you need 17 Dex to get Improved 2 Weapons Fighting, but you could take 2 weapons defense.


Posted on 2007-12-13 at 21:26:06.
Edited on 2007-12-14 at 01:16:47 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


They all fall down...

Vatta stares through the lengthening shadows and cant make out the last of the targets as they start to run away. She chuckles softly and puts her arrow back in it’s quiver. Slipping the bow over her head and shoulder so it rest diagonally across her back, she drops down off the limb grabbing the branch as she goes to arrest her fall some before she continues to drop to the ground. She lands next to Cerric, one hand clapping him on the shoulder as she uses him to break the momentum of her fall and land gracefully on her feet next to him. She smiles at him, “Good job! Don’t worry, it gets better as it goes along.. If you survive.”

“Come on.“ She says to him as she turns and heads off through the brush towards the others. She searches through the dead looking for arrows, either her own or any the enemy may have brought with them. She has only a couple left and hopes she can salvage some from the dead. As she searches the dead for arrows, she will also keep her eyes open for anything else of value she might find on them. She doesn’t expect much, but she hopes she will find something. The leader is especially her target since he took almost half her arrows and more than likely would have the highest chance of having worth upon him. She will search him good for anything unusual.


Posted on 2007-12-14 at 00:12:22.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


One Battle Over btu is there more coming?

As he shot off what looked like it would be his last arrows in this battle he carefully scans the battlefield for any hiding Orcs or Goblins that might be lying in wait for some dramatic sneak attack, but if all looks and feels right Xour will dismount from his perch in the branches and once with his feet firmly planted on the ground he will also move among the fallen and dead creatures upon the field and try to recover any arrows he might be able to.

He will also keep his eyes peeled for any other hidden stuff as he searches the body's he is removing arrows from. As he is doing this he will be making his way across the field to where Lorae ,Logan, and Highnar and Brianna might have all congregated.

He knows that even though this battle went well for they sent these beasts scurrying without accruing to much damage to their group, they still have a much bigger battle coming up when they go to the defense of the city. Once he is close enough to the rest of the group, “So where is our next battle with these hated enemies to be?


Posted on 2007-12-15 at 12:57:07.
Edited on 2007-12-15 at 12:57:39 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


Lorae puts a hand of Logan's shoulder, "Well done warrior. Now let us join Highnar and Brianna. I detected magics over in the middle of that last group of Orcs. The others are coming too."



Posted on 2007-12-20 at 01:14:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna's series of blows finally drop the last Orcs near Highnar and herself. Her arms are burning with the efforts expended in this battle. She sucks in great gulps of air into her laboring lungs.

Brianna turns around to focus on who is next however she sees no standing foe. Even those Goblins entangled in the growing mass of vegetation have been totally overwhelmed. SHhe sees two bears and her eyes widen is surprise. She had no idea who had called them or they had just joined in. One was still bouncing his front legs on a orc's body though the only movement she saw was the rebound of the body between the ground and the bears stiff front legs.

"Highnar, How goes it with you. A good battle, eh? We shall have a drink together when this is through. Now we have to gather up what we want and get going to the town. Can't leave them to do this alone. This certainly was more than I expected that is for sure," Brianna states as she lays an friendly hand on the Dwarf's shoulder. "Best fight I have had in ages. What say you?"

She lifts her voice to the others, Brianna being a large framed woman with a voice to match. "We need to finish up here and get going. Anyone badly hurt, slightly hurt sing out and lets get us healed up so we are ready to go again. Those with detect magic see if anything is out there worth taking."

Brianna is in her element, commanding the troops--so to speak.


Posted on 2007-12-20 at 02:26:32.
Edited on 2007-12-21 at 00:43:58 by Brianna

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.