The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3982 registered users. Our newest member is maycuaxichvinafarm.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Taken Aback


The Sergeant was taken aback by the Drow's reappearance and by her speech, it was definitely not what he expected. Looking to Lorae, just standing to the side very accepting of the Drow's presence, he finally looked back at the Priestess his face a bit red with embarrassment.

"Sorry, m'.....lady. With things the way they are, I could not allow you to run free without knowing the validity of you words. With the Paladin vouching for you, as well as the others saying we was to quick to judge," he glances at Brianna and Vatta. "You free to be on your way, and I will give your name to the Riders, at Ashbeford incase there is another incident in the area.'

He nodded to you Drow, something he thought he would have never done.

Soon the tables were together and the serving wench had brought out a couple of pitchers sof ale and mugs for those who did not have them. After serving the drinks she offered the inn's Bill of Fare.

Cook has these meats ready: tenderloin of venison, roasted rabbits, fat capons, game pies, and stew. There are also roasted vegtables, dark and light breads, and goat and cow cheeses. For desert there is apple and blueberry pies, and my aunt's famous apple spice cake with brandy sauce.


Posted on 2008-12-08 at 19:17:42.
Edited on 2008-12-08 at 19:20:53 by Dragon Mistress

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Observations

Vatta takes her wine and moves to the tables that were put together for the entire group plus the two newcomers, Justin and Alexandria. She nods in greeting when Lorae introduces her. She sits down giving a little smile to the Sgt of the Riders making it appear that there was no harm done; inside though she still harbored pity for people such as him.

She waved away any offer of food, “I have already dined,” she said in her soft unassuming way. Her soft voice often led others to believe she was weak and timid, but it was all the façade she put on to keep people off guard.

She sipped at her wine letting others talk as she took in all around her; it was her nature to observe and learn, it had saved her life many times. She would address anything said directly to her; otherwise she sipped her Elvin wine and watched.


Posted on 2008-12-11 at 17:47:21.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Dinner orders, and discussion.

"If it's not to much trouble for you, I would enjoy an order of the rabbits, with light bread and goat cheese." Alexandria smiles broadly, and gives a slight bow of her head.

Regarding the other persons around the table, Alexandria smiles warmly at them. Turning to Lorae, she asks, "Why did you choose to save me? I agree, it's what I would have done, but I mean, it's in my code. But the dark maiden has chosen me to do such deeds. Has she also chosen you?"


Posted on 2008-12-13 at 00:06:39.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


You may not know my deity, just as I do not know yours. I follow the Light and the Light is one who puts great importance in the choices one makes as they go through life. It is by our choices we are judged when we pass from this existence.

I choose to intervene because you were not evil, though the Sgt could not verify that, I could. I did not expect Justin's involvement, this added a bit of excitement to the day."


Posted on 2008-12-13 at 00:44:19.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


But surely...

"Surely you've heard that my brothers are evil? Yet you would intervene in the chance, even though you know not the Dark Maiden, on a hope that I would not follow my people's tradition?"


Posted on 2008-12-13 at 00:54:27.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae

Lorae smiles, "It is a gift of mine to see the auras about you, from those auras I know much of what you are like. Both you and Justin are very similar in your spirituality and you abilities to think and communicate. You are both are good by nature."

"It was not such a shot in the Dark that I acted in your behalf."

"I was glad to vouch for you, though I know the Sgt meant no harm, I can understand why he took you as a prisoner."

"When we first arrived in the Forest of Cormanthor, we landed in the middle of a fight between two groups of Drow. One of those who followed Lolth and the other Elistraee. We were able to aid them though we lost two beloved members of outr team. Now, it seems, the Forest has given us two new members in return, at least I am hoping so for both of you would fit the prophecies."


Posted on 2008-12-13 at 01:15:41.
Edited on 2008-12-13 at 08:09:03 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

"Well I am glad that is over. Didn't exactly like being left to explain everything. Not my sort of expertise."

Turning to Justin, "Justin, is it? Greetings, I am Brianna Stormrider, of the Stormrider clan," Brianna offers, then adds, "Not that you would know anything about that."

She turns next to the Drow . "Glad that things have been straightened out for you. I can't do what Lorae can about seeing people as they really are, but Flame can and he tells me....sometimes...when it is important."

"Yep, yep," comes the high voice of Flame from above the table. Looking up one can see him hanging by his tail from a heavy blacken beam above them. "I am good, now I get dinner and my own drink."

'Ooops he suddenly calls out as he seems to lose his grip and drops like a stone down from near the roof.

Brianna half stands and leans out to catch the falling dragonette, but just before he crashes into her hands he begins to drift like a leaf in the wind and difts the rest ofs the way gently twisting in mid air he lands in her hands.

Flame tee hees at Brianna. He looks up to her with a bright shiny eye, and giggles, "Got'cha."

"No, I have you, you pesky critter. One day I am going to not do anything, just see if I don't." Brianna grits her teeth, but her somehow voice doesn't quite match her stern look at the tiny flame red dragonette.

"Ah you like me," comes the high pipping voice, "I know you do."

Brianna just hrrumphs, "Huh" She then turns back to the others trying to ignore Flame and pick up where she left off.

"This is Vatta, she gesture to the quiet woman, and this is Xuor," she points out the ranger to the newcomers, "and of course Lorae whom you've met."


Posted on 2008-12-14 at 19:16:20.
Edited on 2008-12-14 at 20:07:22 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

"Hey Vatta, want to share a room? As soon as I finished dinner and get a bath I am off to bed I will be up early and am going over to have all the horses' shoes check before we leave here. Might have extra nails put in looking at thos mountains it might prevent a shoe from being torn off miles from any blacksmith." Brianna comments.


Posted on 2008-12-19 at 06:07:24.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Well, it is getting late...

"I believe it is time that sleep is needed. I am going outside, to sleep under my lady's radiance. Does anyone wish to join me in this? Being under the moon when you sleep is a wonderful gift of the lady, and she keeps you safe." Alexandria smiles as she stands up from the table. "Also, it would be a nice oppourtunity to meet some of you, get to know you more. I hardly know anyone here, save Flame, and a tiny amount of Lorae and Brianna."


Posted on 2008-12-21 at 03:28:32.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


"I will stay out with you, there is a fine oak over by the smithy, with broad branches to provide a comfortable place to sling a hammock or roll out a bed roll. It has been some time since I have done so, and would be refreshing to the spsirit. I believe that human's say, go native."

Lorae nods to the others. "When ever you are ready Alexandria, I will join you."


Posted on 2008-12-21 at 05:31:59.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Lenwe Utinuenmirima Calaudra

Having already eaten his fill Lenwe decided that he had little business staying inside the inn but he still stayed half listening to the conversations, it was not until the drow, Alexandria as he now knew, mentioned sleeping outside that he got up.

"I will join you, I had purchased a room"
muttered something under his breath about meaning to if he hadn't
"but I think it will do me good to mediate outside tonight and 'go native' if I have not done so already."

With that he nodded to Alexandria to lead the way whirst hoping that the others had not forgotten him quite yet.


Posted on 2008-12-23 at 12:17:42.
Edited on 2008-12-23 at 12:24:02 by Loki

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Diner and a movie well not really.

So now with everyone together and in the inn tables and chairs are brought together and we allsit down to eat and hash out anything that is left to get straight. Xour himself not very good at being the diplomate he has usually let his bow and sword do his talking. He has however always been a good listener for it is through this that one can read into a persons true intentions by not what they are saying but by what they are not saying and in many instances in the way they are moving their body as they speak,he calls it “body talk”, but to Xour it is many times more important than what one is actually saying.

As he eats and drinks his fill he becomes quite certain that there was no evil intentions here by either side the drow or those who brought her in, they where only doing their job as they saw it.

Xour orders two of the roasted rabbits along with roasted vegies, a loaf of dark bread and a large chuck of goat cheese. He will also ask for one whole blueberry pie, and of coarse to keep his mug full of ale.
He enjoys a great meal and when they all start talking about bed .

Looking around the table he wondered if everyone had places for the night, and really before he even thought about what he was saying he spoke up If there is anyone who doesn't have a place for the night I have place for one if someone would not mind bunking with a musty Ranger who usually slumbers under the stars.” So with that he will slowly finish off his last mug of ale as he prepares to retire for the night.


Posted on 2008-12-23 at 13:44:02.
Edited on 2008-12-23 at 13:44:33 by Dragonmist

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Alexandria, Lorae, and Lenwe

"I'm overjoyed that the two of you accepted my request. The night is clear, and a perfect chance to see the Moon Maiden's watchful eye. Let us be off."

With that, Alexandria bids good night to the other strangers whom she had met, bids good night to Flame personally, then walks outside towards the smithy. Just as Lorae had said, there was a large tree there, capable of shelter if it rained, or protection from the wind. Alexandria sets up her bedroll at the base of this tree, making sure that there was also enough room for the other two, even if she had to sacrifice a bit of her own cover. Then, Alexandria undoes her sword belt, and props her sword up against the tree. After that, she begins taking off her shining armor.

After her armor is removed, Alexandria now wears only a pure white dress. No stains or smudges are visible on it. Grabbing her sword again, she turns to Lorae and Lenwe, and says, "Pardon me, but this will only take a few minutes. I will return shortly."

Turning and walking away, you can see that the dress has no back, revealing a large tattoo of a moon with a sword going through it. This covers her whole back, spanning her shoulder blades and all the way down to the small of her back. The tattoo almost matches exactly her sword. Walking a short distance from the tree, away from any obstacles, Alexandria looks up at the moon, and speaks:

"Ussta dro zhah alkar ulu dos, Drathir Wenress. Mrigg uns'aa wun jal Usstan xun, ji nindel Usstan xal kla'ath dos wun natha ditronw i'dol wun ussta di'morad, wun ussta wiles, lu'wun ussta ssiggrins. Xuat ori'gato ussta dhyn ul'plynndae sariya ussta tajo, ji nindel Usstan mora xusst ulu byrren t'sek d'tluin bwael ulu mina 'zil dos daewl. Usstan joros nindol dal dhyn khel, areion l'trelao, ulu dos ussta valsharess."

After staring at the moon without blinking while speaking this, Alexandria closes her eyes, her long hair blowing slightly in the wind. Perfectly serene, perfectly still. Then suddenly, she nods, and opens her eyes. Taking her sword in hand, Alexandria whips her head around, as though becoming conscious of an enemy in her midst, though there is nobody. And so she begins to fight with that enemy, though the combat is graceful, and fluid, almost like a dance. Her sword catches the moonlight with every swing, making the dance more beautiful, along with the flowing of her hair. Her lips repeat the prayer which she had originally spoken over and over again as she dances.


Posted on 2008-12-23 at 18:01:40.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Lenwe Utinuenmirima Calaudra

Lenwe watches the dance and despairs, since when was sword work and art. It was practice for war and battle and spill of blood and the ripping of families. Yes her movements were graceful and the elves did practice it in his home in the west but still. His silent contemplation was however interrupted by the falcon Kethra, she glided over silently and perched in the tree devouring a small bird she had caught.

Lenwe said quietly under his breath
"A strange thing, war and bloodshed turned into art and beauty."
whilst moving to sit at the base of the tree. Kethra then did something very un-beautiful as if in agreement.


Posted on 2008-12-30 at 19:42:19.
Edited on 2008-12-30 at 19:43:09 by Loki

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


"Thus are we reminded that in beauty there can be death."

She looks at the area choosen by Alexandria, "It would seem that we can not all be under the protection of said branch, she points up to the maasive branch over them. It is a practice of mine to sleep in the notch of the a tree. When The priestess returns I will climb above you and make my bed there."


Posted on 2008-12-31 at 06:55:27.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.