The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by SilentOne)Destiny Flight - QnA
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Game (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT Game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Salutations

The green elf fingered a lock of chestnut hair as she approached the group of travelers. As she neared the encampment the figures of humans and elves became clear. Her amber eyes fell on the lone dark elf and she studied the ebony skinned woman. Soronuume grasped the hilt of her blade instinctually as she recalled meeting followers of Lolth. Yet just as she had faced drow as enemies, she had worked with them as friends as well. She glanced at the elves in the party and released the blade hilt. Evil humans might work with a follower of Lolth, but it was impossible that any of the People would travel with a devotee of the Spider Queen.

The dark elf addressed her first. She spoke in elvish and identified herself as a follower of Eilistraee. Soronuume smirked at the other woman's mention of the dangers of the forest and heard the inquiry behind her words. The others of the party noticed her approach and greeted her in turn, both in elvish and common.

"Greetings dark sister," speaking elvish in a melodious voice Soronuume responded to the drow,"May the blessings of the Seldarine light your path." Turning her attention to the rest of the party she spread out her hands, palms facing upwards in the elven gesture of greeting and respect. Addressing the group as a whole Soronuume spoke in the common tongue accented with the lilting tones of the forest people,"Greetings and well met. I am Soronuume Selu Elmare. The panther is Xu, her name means 'Silence in the Night.' Do not worry for your horses, she does not like horse meat. The mare is Thunderclap, she has been aptly named."
The wild elf took a step forward. With bright amber eyes she gazed at each in turn. They did not seem to have any malice for the land, just a band of travelers who had stopped for a nights rest before continuing on their journey.


Posted on 2009-03-15 at 04:56:18.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna's Breakfast Invitation.

We were aout to have breakfast before we took off. Would you care to join us here is plenty enough for extra mouths. Elven and your companions," offers Brianna.

Brianna patted the stallion on the neck and left him free to do what he wished for now. Brianna spoke in elvish with a slight accent that was different from those who spoke in the common tongue.

Then she switch to common. "However not all of us know you tongue." Brianna says with a welcoming smile.


Posted on 2009-03-15 at 05:54:02.
Edited on 2009-03-15 at 06:01:12 by Brianna

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


That's an understatement

"I don't know your tongue well enough, yet. Wait, I don't think that came out right. What I mean to say is, I know some elven but not enough to carry on a conversation."

Blushing at the realization that his old elven friend may have been right about him not thinking before he spoke, he gets the skinned rabbits and hands them to Lorae and asks her if she would place them in a bag of stasis. "They should be good eatin' for dinner next time we stop for the night, later on."

Devon went to sit down and have his breakfast and he couldn't bring himself to look the newcomer in the eye for the rest of the day after that.


Posted on 2009-03-15 at 06:42:48.
Edited on 2009-03-17 at 04:33:06 by Tiamat5774

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna moves over to the fire ostensibly to take up her breakfast and eat, but in truth she kept and eye on the stranger and her animals companions.

"Please help yourself. The porridge is quite good. with dried fruit and nuts. That is Lore's specialty."

Brianna ladles out a generous bowl for herself adding an extra handful of dried fruit and an dollop of honey to top it off with.

"Does your cat hunt for itself or do yu provide for him? her? I am not sure."



Posted on 2009-03-17 at 16:42:20.
Edited on 2009-03-18 at 02:03:07 by Brianna

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Meals and Conversation

Soronuume threw back her head and laughed. She placed a hand on the tan dark haired man's shoulder, "No need to worry, I may speak with an accent but I am quite fluent in the common tongue," she said mirthfully and then turned her attention to the tall flame haired woman. "I thank you for your hospitality and will gladly join you for a respite of conversation, but do not waste your food I have already had my morning meal."
The wild elf sat beneath a tree and rested her back on its trunk. Xu made her way over Soronuume and lay down. The cat much preferred to sleep during the day.

"Xu certainly hunts for herself," the elf replied "She is her own being." She pauses for a moment and looks to the other woman "I do not believe I know your names."


Posted on 2009-03-17 at 17:07:26.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Suddenly, darting into camp a flame red flying shape headed straight for Brianna, It shape blurred by it speed

"BRIANNA! Brianna, come quick. Nasty red dragon tried to eat my Precious. Bad Dragon. Precious is hurt. Hurry. I can't puff any more. Please hurry, bring black lady. Bring weapons, magic, healer, more weapons, and hurry. The diminutive red creature calling for help now resolved itself into a miniature dragon itself as it circle around Brianna several times. .

"Iam Coming Flame," Brianna valls out, as she leaped up up from of her hunkered position near the pot and whistled for her horse. "I don't know what is going on but I am going to find out. "Lorae and any of the rest of you who feel up to it, Come on. It might be best to show up in force. It couldn’t be too large so we should be able to take care of it. Shadowbane responded to Brianna's whistle and one he got to her she swung up on his back in one smooth leap. “Ready yourselves just in case.

"Lorae you should be able to track me easily enough."

Brianna gallops off and unlimbering her bow as she does. She notches an arrow taken for the quiver on her saddle. Hoping this is a smallish dragon not an adult.


Posted on 2009-03-18 at 02:22:07.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Alexandria.

"Dark sister is not a term I've been accustomed to being called." Alexandria noted the woman's reaction. Not an uncommon one, but still something that was offensive. It would change however. At least, she hoped that prejudice against drow would dissipate.

"Brianna is an excellent cook. She will treat you well."

As Flame rocketed in to camp, Alexandria smiled, but only briefly. Hearing his plight, Alexandria immediately walked to her sword, kicking it up with her foot to save the time of bending down.

Swinging up onto her horse, she swiftly followed Brianna. "Hello Flame. It's good to see you again, even in these trying times. Ride with me, would you? I will help you gain that which you've lost."


Posted on 2009-03-18 at 02:34:34.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Flame in a hurry.

"Hurry, Yes, Pretty Dark One, hurry." Flame flies quickly around Alexandra's head and then rockets off. The best description possible of the blue of red streaking off toward a line of trees across the meadow back along the road they had traveled yesterday.

Flame was gone in a flash or so it seemed to observers.

Brianna followed but could not match Flames quickness but Shadowbane was flat out on the rose though she would not race him that fast over unknown grass covered ground. To many chance for a hole to snap the leg of a running horse.



Posted on 2009-03-18 at 04:17:18.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


Lorae looks to the others, "If you do not need saddles ride bareback. If anyone wishes they can ride behind me to save time."

Moon Dancer cantered up to Lorae fully tacked, which would seem odd to those who spent the morning with her for she had not tacked the Moon Horse at all. She waits following the line that Flame and Brianna had taken.



Posted on 2009-03-18 at 06:33:16.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Let's do this!

Devon was about to introduce himself, but barely got, "I'm" out before a red streak came whizzing by in a flurry.

"BRIANNA! Brianna, come quick. Nasty red dragon tried to eat my Precious. Bad Dragon. Precious is hurt. Hurry. I can't puff any more. Please hurry, bring black lady. Bring weapons, magic, healer, more weapons, and hurry."

The diminutive red creature calling for help now resolved itself into a miniature dragon itself as it circled around Brianna several times. .

"I am coming Flame," Brianna calls out, as she leaped up up from of her hunkered position near the pot and whistled for her horse.

"I don't know what is going on but I am going to find out. Lorae and any of the rest of you who feel up to it, Come on. It might be best to show up in force. It couldn’t be too large so we should be able to take care of it. Ready yourselves just in case."

Looking to the newcomer, Devon says, "Sorry Ma'am, Introductions will have to wait!" and with a wink and a cavalier smile he mounts his horse and rides off after Brianna. "Just like old times", he mused.


Posted on 2009-03-18 at 07:32:19.
Edited on 2009-03-18 at 07:34:11 by Tiamat5774

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1263 Posts


Following Along

Introductions and conversations are interrupted as a hysterical red blur flies into the fray.

"BRIANNA! Brianna, come quick. Nasty red dragon tried to eat my Precious. Bad Dragon. Precious is hurt. Hurry. I can't puff any more. Please hurry, bring black lady. Bring weapons, magic, healer, more weapons, and hurry."
The companions sprung into action climbing onto horses following the dragon whelp to the red dragon. Soronuume stood and pursed her lips. She looked down to Xu before mounting Thunderclap, hoping the cat did not follow. Xu was formidable in her own right, but should the situation escalate violently the panther was no match for a dragon. She looked to the cat once more before following the others.


Posted on 2009-03-18 at 16:17:03.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Newcomer and sudden Danger.

Finishing the night on watch with Brianna Xuor had already finished any morning food he was going to and having called Dawg over to him was busy brushing his horse when a new figure arrived in their camp.

Continuing what he was doing Xuor glances only briefly at the new commer noting her unusual appearance as well as her panther and horse.From the conversation he gathered her name was Soronuume.

When they started to introduce themselves while they ate Xuor was going to go over and say hi and introduce both Dawg and Lighting, but before he could Flame Brianna's little dragon suddenly showed up and in quite a fright.

Calling to Brianna Flame gets out "BRIANNA! Brianna, come quick. Nasty red dragon tried to eat my Precious. Bad Dragon. Precious is hurt. Hurry. I can't puff any more. Please hurry, bring black lady. Bring weapons, magic, healer, more weapons, and hurry
Without hesitation Xuor is up on his horse his bow in hand and the rest of his stuff ready to go "Dam he thinks to himself a bloody Red Dragon this should prove to be fun or a handfull.

Ride Brianna we are all here and ready Flame just lead the way. With that he pulls his horse alongside of Brianna's then spurs Lighting on charging forward.


Posted on 2009-03-20 at 12:42:05.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


GM Post

It is a good 2 mile gallop through the tall grasses, scrub oaks, and giant old live oaks the dotted the landscape. Flame flew into a group of big oaks and as Brianna and Xuor neared. Roars now reached their ears as they needed to slow up from their all out run. They come upon a red dragon, thankfully not full grown, a long juvenile approaching young adult. It was clawing at a large and getting larger hole in the giant oak. The tree itself shows blackened areas where the beast had used it breath weapon, leaves and smaller branches still smoldered from the scorching flames. Broken branches, up to a foot thick, littered the ground about it.

Wrapped partly around the great tree it was difficult to judge the exact size of the dragon, maybe 30 to 40 feet. As far as the mood of the beast, with it tail lashing about, and its frustrated roars and flashing claws digging furiously at the hollow, it was easy to see that it would not take to being disturbed. It could only be hoped he had spent his fiery breath on the tree.


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 18:55:12.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna charges in closer before dismounting but not too close. She vaulted off Shadowbane's back. She would ride no horse into certain danger confronting a dragon

The smallish red dragon was furiously working to open the hollow in the tree. Brianna assumed Flame's Precious was in there. She had to get the dragon refocused for know.

Brianna actions are simple, she attackes with her twin long swords. Thunder in her left hand and Lightning in her right.


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 22:49:16.
Edited on 2009-03-21 at 22:50:55 by Brianna

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Dragon

Slowing the horse until it is safe to dismount, he jumps down and in draconic yells at the red dragon, " Why don't you pick on someone your own size, you overgrown lizard. I've got something for you!"

As Devon spoke he activated his shield ring, and to further get the dragon's attention, Devon let loose a deluge of magic missiles.

His anger and hatred towards dragons begins to show on his face. He draws two daggers and prepares to throw when he sees the red in its eyes.

(OOC: Spell magic missile, 1 mp used, 5 missles at 1d4+1 dam. each. I know that's a lot of actions so when its my initiative do each action in order, all I have is offensive fire spells with the exception of "charm" which I might use yet, later as a last resort. A note to all players, where my character comes from dragons are big and bad so Devon's hatred for dragons is relative.)


Posted on 2009-03-21 at 23:30:54.
Edited on 2009-03-22 at 04:41:49 by Tiamat5774

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.