The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3983 registered users. Our newest member is hangthungsidacampuchia.
Online members: Giddy
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Giddy)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1259 Posts


The eye of the storm

Pulling Thunderclap to a halt Soronuume's amber eyes widen as she takes in the sight of a red dragon ravaging a tree. She would have tried to reason with the beast, but the sight of its violence to the land steeled her for what must be done.

The green elf shook her head and let out an unearthly scream of rage, the land would be avenged. Raising her head to look to the skies Soronuume opened herself to the power of the wild skies, the power of the storm. As the skies vibrated with rage so did she. The vibration intensified, growing in power, she held on until she could no longer. A loud crack and brilliant flash of light heralded the bolt of lightning pulled from the heavens streaking towards the dragon. As the thunder roared in the aftermath Sorunuume began to gather power again, and she vibrated with the power of the storm.

(OOC: Casts Call Lightning Storm: 5 mp Bolt 1 of 15, aiming to hit only the dragon)


Posted on 2009-03-22 at 02:58:53.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post:

The others arrived to view the scene in progress. Brianna was dismounted attacking the dragon with her swords as Xuor had his bow up and aimed at the beast. Meanwhile Devon called out to the beast trying to taunt it, though he might as well be trying to taunt an iron golem.

Brianna’s strike hit the dragon first, there the a flash of bluish light and the lightning magic was released as she struck with Lightning and a roll of thunder as she struck with Thunder. The clouds that had been the gathering since the sun rose began to roil and boil together, darkening and their agitation of the air built an electrical charge that was then directed by the Druidess straight at the dragon. There was a crackling of the air as the blue-white bolt sizzled the air and the natural thunder reverberated from the clouds.

Now the dragon’s attention was turned. It half untwisted from the tree, turning its attention toward the closest attackers, Brianna. The juvenile red open its mouth to belch fire.

(OOC: write post with 2 actions, giving conditional actions based on what may happen…if this, then I do this.)


Posted on 2009-03-23 at 21:34:50.
Edited on 2009-03-23 at 21:44:20 by Dragon Mistress

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


"I will work with Brianna," Lorae turns to the Druidess, and Devon, "Do what you can." Having never fought with them she had no idea of their expertise, and morale in such a situation.

"Druidess, if we can draw the dragon away from the tree, go to rescue whatever creeture in hiding in there." In this case the Druidess would have the skills and magics that could give succour to a wounded and frightened animal ."

Moon Dancer spins to the side and the break into a run, as they charge the creature, a sword flashes into the paladin's hand.

"Brianna," she yells, "we must draw it away from the tree."


Posted on 2009-03-23 at 21:43:50.
Edited on 2009-03-23 at 21:48:13 by Dragon Mistress

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Battle.

Alexandria picks up her sword in her hand, her shield in the other as she nimbly gets off her horse. Her sword her divine focus, she glanced up at the sky, knowing that even though she could not see it, the moon was watching over her, giving her Eilistraee's strength. Closing her eyes, and whispering an incantation under her breath, she surveys the scene.

1) If the dragon charged towards any of her other companions, Alexandria calls upon the power of the moon, and shoot three Moon Bolts* out from her sword towards the mighty beast.

2) If the Dragon makes and advance towards Alexandria, she will pray for Eilistraee's full force, and absorb it into herself, casting Divine Power on herself, and preparing for the attack.

_______________________________________________


Moon Bolt
Lvl 4 spell
Fortitude half

1d4/ 3 levels (3d4) Strength damage.


Posted on 2009-03-24 at 04:01:44.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Actions I take.

After activating his shield ring and sending a volley of magic energies at the dragon, with hatred for the beast in his eyes he pulls two daggers from his chest pockets.

He just barely heard someone say, "Devon do what you can."
He then realizes that he was allowing his hate to control him and cloud his mind. He looks at his daggers and says to himself, "this is not me, anymore!" then replaces the daggers into his pockets. He focuses his thoughts on his next spell.

OOC:

1. he realizes he may not last long against the dragon if he goes within 10ft to use his daggers so he decides to use maximized Magic Missile at 4mp each round doing 25 damage each time.

2. I have presently 101 mp. repeat above spell until I'm spent or dragon dies.

Contingency: IF the dragon advances on me, or it becomes apparent to me that it will target me, I will cast FLY first, then Greater Invisibility.


Posted on 2009-03-24 at 05:33:56.
Edited on 2009-03-25 at 01:50:48 by Tiamat5774

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1259 Posts


Readying

"Druidess, if we can draw the dragon away from the tree, go to rescue whatever creature is hiding in there."
Battle ensues. Still holding the power of the storm Soronuume nods to the other woman. If anything survived within the giant oak she would do what she could. Whispering a silent prayer for the tree spirit Soronuume hops down from Thunderclap and edges forward surveying the scene before her. With the wild rage of the skies crackling within her she readies herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

1) Soronuume will continue to direct lightning bolts at the dragon. With one Call Lightning Storm spell she can call a total of 9 - she has 8 left and will continue to direct at the dragon until the spell is done.

2) If the dragon makes a move towards her or away from the oak tree Soronuume will Teleport (Dimension Stride Boots) to the burnt oak tree and investigate.


Posted on 2009-03-24 at 06:05:00.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

Brianna comes up behind the juvenile red dragon. Wrapped about the tree she had a clear shot at it spine. just where the neck meet the shoulders.and attacks with Lighting and then Thunder, her twin longswords. She uses all her force (power attack -5 to hit added to damage)The enchanted longswords slices through the air at her target.


Posted on 2009-03-24 at 23:56:01.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Peradyse Lost Post


DM note: Right now my computer with the character engaugement program is Phfft. SO...we all all big kids, roll your own to hit and damage. Also roll a D100 for a random placement of your hit.



Posted on 2009-03-28 at 03:20:53.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


magic missiles

OOC:

The first magic missile spell i cast was not maximized the rolls for it were: 2,3,3,4,2=14 damage.

The magic missiles i cast from then on are all maxed.
They always hit their target and these are maximized. Each time I cast five missiles are fired at 5 dam each (1d4+1 max 5) so 5x5= 25 dam each time i cast Magic missile.


Posted on 2009-03-28 at 05:38:29.
Edited on 2009-03-28 at 21:56:06 by Tiamat5774

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1259 Posts


Call Lightning Storm

OOC:
If weather is stormy: 29 (5d10=29)
If weather is calm: 19 (5d6+=19)

Not sure if you have already rolled the first lightning bolt, if not the results are as follows:
If weather is stormy: 30 (5d10 = 30)
If weather is calm: 12 (5d6 = 12)

*can roll more results if needed



Posted on 2009-03-28 at 21:42:29.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

One hit this round due to movement.

To hit 42 crit back up 39

Damage 1d8 + 11 plus 2d6 shocking burst. Total 19 x2 + 11 49


Posted on 2009-04-01 at 04:49:04.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post

Lorae moved toward Brianna, Drawing her greenwood sword the glowed brightly even in the daylight.

Brianna struck the Red Dragon that was twined about the tree It roared out in pain and its atttention was drawn from mauling the tree, to the bold human weilding twin swords, one of which had bit into his scaly hide hurting him.

He uncoiled his upper body and his front feet hit the ground, he had to swing his neck to reach the human that hit him. A large claw swungout

He roared again as tiny darts of light also struck him in a foreleg, soon followed by a bolt of lightning that partially clipped a tree branch and then his tail, he screamed again and fully dismounted the tree.

As much damage that had been dealt, but the Red did not seem that he was as hurt as the others thought he should be.


Posted on 2009-04-02 at 02:40:00.
Edited on 2009-04-03 at 18:56:58 by Dragon Mistress

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post:


The red dragon snaked his neck about and turned to Brianna, his mouth opened and Brianna dodged away as she feared a blast of searing fire; instead the slavering jaws snapped above her head barely missing--but miss it did. Brianna was not a lucky as a claw lashed out catching the Amazon in the side, talons raking her side and knocking her back to the ground.


Posted on 2009-04-06 at 06:55:27.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Battle with the red dragon

In this battle with the red dragon juvy Xuor did what it is he does best with his bow out and using all the skills he had learned the ranger would load and fire as fast as he could he knows that his arrows don't do as much damage as say Brianna does with her mighty sword but the number that he can fire in some way helps make up the difference.

then of course in this battle against the red dragon with somany others inflicting damage upon the beast it seemed to Xuor he could continue to shoot at will as his arrows although doing damage that would add up eventualy were as mear pin pricks the the beast. so he did what he did and in the next few moments had fired off first two arrows

OOC: Sorry to say I have never played 3.0 or 3.5 and have been relying on you for the to hit rolls tell me how they are handled and I will finish up here. Thanxs


Posted on 2009-04-06 at 15:00:45.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post

Xupr's arrow fly unerringly fromhis mighty bow. The first strike the red dragon deep into he elbow joint buroied into the fletching. (Crit) hit. The second tears along rip into the leathery membrane of the dragons wing.

The bravado and inborn arrogance of a red dregon and a junvenile did not prepare it to be so severly wounded. IT raored loudly but there ws not accompaning flaming gout. Apparently it was all used up. The red dragon now found himself soarly wounded and weakened (due to spell). He unwound completely from the tree, abandoning whatever it was that was he wasdtrying to get at and then tried to put the tree between himself and those that had hurt him so badly.

The adventurers suddenly found, after thinking this would be a hard pressed fight, the object of their attacks doing his best to break and run, well stagger. away due to Xuor habving crippled tits front leg.

(OOC I will soon have DM Genie up and running. Also for all players "Please put you Character name in the first part of the Subject Line and then add whatever.)


Posted on 2009-04-08 at 23:52:22.
Edited on 2009-04-09 at 02:44:21 by Dragon Mistress

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.