The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4013 registered users. Our newest member is lonelydesires.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.

Roscoe chuckled a little bit at the little dragons act.

" I'm sorry Flame, you really are a true dragon. Pseudos could never breathe such a fiery hell like you."

Roscoe trotted along with the group, and looked around.

" So Lorae, what kind of evil is this in these woods? the kind we could kill with a good blade, or the kind that we can only stop the spreading of, such as an evil god of sorts?"


Posted on 2006-12-14 at 21:42:22.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Evils


"Both," replies Lorae as the treeline of the Northern edge of the Cormanthyr looms close. "For now silence would be best, least we attract unwanted attention."


Posted on 2006-12-14 at 22:05:35.

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


Nearing the forest

"My appologies Roscoe, I thought I had exchanged names before," Logan starts off, "My name is James "Logan" Moore but you may call me Logan. And a magic user is a most welcome addition."

As they approach the forest even more and given what Lorea has said, "Should we not slow down a bit as to not sounding like a stampede?" Logan asks Lorea.

"Roscoe," Logan begins, "it might be best if you stay in the middle of the group while we ride and keep your defencize spells at the ready should we get suprised. Not that I'm saying anything you didn't already know"

And with that, Logan drops back to join Xuor providing rear watch for the group.


Posted on 2006-12-14 at 22:39:36.

greenleaf
Resident
Karma: 8/9
379 Posts


Someone new

Xour did not know what to make of the group and it seemed to be growing as they went. The newcomer seemed to be welcomed somewhat by the group. According to what he had been able to overhear, some of the others had been this way before and they were concerned about another who was still missing.

As they approached the forest, he had expected to be asked to lead the way. His usual position was at the front of the march, but the rest seemed familiar with the path and he did not know where they were heading. He maintained his position in silence.


Posted on 2006-12-15 at 05:13:03.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Cormanthyr


At the edge of the great Elven Forest, Lorae calls a halt.

"Brianna, I think Xuor would be best teamed with you as a scout, I know forests are not your normal terrain. With Flame's eyes, and Draug's sense of smell, we should be well cover by scouts."

"Logan would you please remain rearguard, and I will spell you every hour."

"I will let you know we already know that there are Drow in the forest, some worst that others. Elminster believes there is at least one opening to Underdark somewhere in the forest close to Ashbenford and the Elves we had contact with soon after we arrived mentioned a particularly nasty group of Drow inhabits Myth Drannor."

"Other than that, since the Exodous of the Elves certain areas of the Forest have gone wild."


Posted on 2006-12-15 at 11:31:21.
Edited on 2006-12-15 at 11:35:46 by Lorae

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


,

Roscoe trotted along with the group for a little while longer, and then they suddenly stopped, and Lorae suddenly spoke up.

"Brianna, I think Xuor would be best teamed with you as a scout, I know forests are not your normal terrain. With Flame's eyes, and Draug's sense of smell, we should be well cover by scouts.Logan would you please remain rearguard, and I will spell you every hour.I will let you know we already know that there are Drow in the forest, some worst that others. Elminster believes there is at least one opening to Underdark somewhere in the forest close to Ashbenford and the Elves we had contact with soon after we arrived mentioned a particularly nasty group of Drow inhabits Myth Drannor.Other than that, since the Exodous of the Elves certain areas of the Forest have gone wild."

Roscoe looked around and seen the two people that she had talked about, and casually looked deep into the woods. It looked quite peaceful. To peaceful for the kind of stories and legends it holds, but maybe that was just it, the deceitful looks and false comfort it gives to its guests just before they all die. He shuddered once thinking of it, and listened up, waiting for what they were going to do next.


Posted on 2006-12-15 at 16:15:26.

greenleaf
Resident
Karma: 8/9
379 Posts


...




At the edge of the great Elven Forest, Lorae calls a halt and gave a short speech.

"Brianna, I think Xuor would be best teamed with you as a scout, I know forests are not your normal terrain. With Flame's eyes, and Draug's sense of smell, we should be well cover by scouts. Logan would you please remain rearguard, and I will spell you every hour. I will let you know we already know that there are Drow in the forest, some worst that others. Elminster believes there is at least one opening to Underdark somewhere in the forest close to Ashbenford and the Elves we had contact with soon after we arrived mentioned a particularly nasty group of Drow inhabits Myth Drannor. Other than that, since the Exodous of the Elves certain areas of the Forest have gone wild."
At the mention of Drow, his blood rage stirred. This must be the reason he was called to be here. He dismounted and got down on his knees and gave Draug a hug the wolf would remember. “We hunt!” he whispered inro the wolf’s ear, “I need you to alert us of any danger.” He was sure that Draug understood the meaning of his words because of the time they have spent together.Having done that, he remounted.

Joining Brianna, he said ‘When You are ready.”



Posted on 2006-12-16 at 02:06:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Forest Dark and Deep

Brianna watches Xuor ride up to the front. She is armed with a bow an arrow nocked and held ready. Her hands are not on the reins yet her stallion travels the road unerringly.

WHen he is close she comments, "It is Best that you are up here with your companion. I am more accustomed to the grasslands and plains of my home that these thickly wooded forests.

Long range scout is not really possible in these woods. If we keep a short range range and cris-cross left and right as we scout we should cover the area well enough without getting us cut off from the rest." Flame and your Draug can roam at longer range with their abilities better."


Posted on 2006-12-16 at 12:58:16.

greenleaf
Resident
Karma: 8/9
379 Posts


A grey elf and a Drow forest....

Xour hears Brianna’s comments and replies with a smile. “Long range reconnaissance is always possible. Granted, they present a greater bit of danger and may not be best for our current needs. “He pulled the hood of his cloak over shoulder length hair even if there was nothing he could do to hide his amber eyes. “The grasslands are nice. Still, it is the deep forests that I love. You do well to be cautious because danger is always near. Before we proceed, I need to know where we are headed. Is speed more important or is caution the most important consideration. Shall I scout ahead on foot?”

Examining the tree line, he started remembering the tales he heard as a child. At a hundred and forty six years of age, he was still a youth by elf standards. He had been raise on tales of how his people had driven the evil Drow underground. He figured that riding into this forest was probably suicide. A blood feud existed between his race and the Drow and Xour’s current mode of dress screamed elf. Still he had no reason to wish for a long life and many reasons to fight evil.

He whispered “I'quelin Mori'Quessier naa ba Mori'Que (The best Drow is a dead Drow)!” A bit louder he said “You may wish to follow a few paces behind me for safety’s sake. Draug roams as he wills. We work as a team and key off each others reactions. “

“You seem to know the reason for this trek. How shall we proceed?”


Posted on 2006-12-16 at 17:35:53.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Speed and Caution

Brianna responds, "speed with reasonable caution is a good mix."


Posted on 2006-12-16 at 18:11:25.
Edited on 2006-12-17 at 21:01:33 by Brianna

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


Walking thru the forest

Logan brings up the rear, looking in all directions. Over his should every few steps changing they way he does it each time to prevent a pattern that an enemy migt be able to determine and how many steps between look backs aswell.


He looks up ahead as Xuor leads the way with his wolf followed by Brianna and her Dragonette. After her is it Lorea and Roscoe. Everyone spaced out to prevent everyone getting hit at once in an ambush.

Yes, we walk thru forests with drow now, best to keep ones wits about them lest they end up dead.


Posted on 2006-12-16 at 21:12:08.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Through the Forest, Wild and Free


After a hour of riding, the Forest becomes something more than even Xuor could imagine. Giant maples, looming pines and towering oaks, speak of a different time and a different place. The great forest was a living testament of a forgotten green age, a time before humans, and other races that came to use and abuse it. It was said that the Forest covered from Dragon Reach to and over Cormyr and Sembria.

The forest teemed with life and at the same time weighed heavy with age.

The adventures followed a narrow track best suited for horse or foot travel, though a cart or small wagon could negotiate it. As the River Ashaba winds through the forest, the path takes a straighter track, but every so often the river swung close to the trail so then is an easy opportunity to water the horses. So far Draug has not alerted Xuor as to anything out of the ordinary. The Wolf walks or lopes along side of Xuor when not ranging out into the nearby forest.

Flame is a terror in the trees the warning calls of jays and squirrels seemed to be the most persistent of the sound as the dragonette swooped around trees and dodged branches.



Posted on 2006-12-16 at 22:22:19.
Edited on 2006-12-17 at 00:32:36 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Terror in the Trees

"Flame!" Brianna calls out loudly once the dragonette appears from his terrorizing o the local forest animals.

"Come Here!" Brianna is NOT pleased with the racket caused by of the Dragonette terorizing the various denizens of the forest.

"You are making enough racket to wake the dead. Cut it out. You may go hunting only--in silence. No more causing all these unnecessary noises and disturbances. So you here me?"


Posted on 2006-12-17 at 21:08:01.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Party Pooper


"Ssssppullet" raspberries the Dragoneette. Then a he whispers a reluctant, "Yessssssss."


Posted on 2006-12-17 at 22:51:34.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Eye to Eye

Brianna piercing golden eyes looks the diminuative fragons whirling regold eyes. "Yes.....what?" She demands clarification from the minature terrorist of forest denizen. She is beginging to understand his wily ways and seeks to know she is going to have it her way not his in this matter.

"You will give us away to everything that lives in this forest with your noise. That could mean the Dark One too. HE is not fond of you. Not fond of you at all. You stold the Orb of Dragon Control from him. HE will never forget."

Just so Flame will not side track her she repeat. "So, what do you mean by saying Yes?"


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 01:24:53.
Edited on 2006-12-18 at 01:26:54 by Brianna

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.