The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: Espatier, Blackthorn
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Raven)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by Nomad D2)Paranoia: C Q&A
Recruitment Threads - D&D/Horror game (posted by t_catt11)D&D/Horror game
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Devon

After overhearing the news of smoke, Devon looked in the direction indicated by the dragonette and saw what Flame was talking about. Devon began to look around at the grass, the trees, and the sky.

"Where there is smoke, there's fire. Hmmm, there's very little moisture beyond the dew of the grass clinging to the trees. I see no sign that there was a storm recently nor rain, so the fire couldn't have been caused by lightening, which means a campfire or we are close to civilization"

Then Devon thought to himself, "or a blue or red dragon."



Posted on 2010-02-07 at 21:25:03.
Edited on 2010-02-07 at 21:28:57 by Tiamat5774

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Amazon Huntress

Brianna enjoyed her scouting ahead. She had a chance to hunt while she did. THe land was rich with much natural beauty, They pass through thick forest,light forest and open meadows. Herd of elk, a large red-haired deer with dappled hide with lighter spots all over their backs and flanks. Truly this was a land unspoiled by the hand of man.

In the four days that followed their departure from the valley the group had fallen into a steady routine. They were able to hunt and forage for edible plants. The Druid help a lot with them identify some fruits new plants as well as some that were more familiar; garlic, wild onions, Something like a tunip but sweeter and dark red. One day there was a small low growing creeping vine with bright red berries that were smalls but so sweet it was like candy,

There were plenty of fish in the river they followed. Brianna especially liked a long silver fish with rainbow sheen scales on it sides, It was delicious when cooked with some wild onions, wrapped inleavesand roasted in the fire.

Moraglin still complained about something every day, it just seemed a part of her to verbalize what she didn't like. But some of that could be overlooked since she was a remarkably good cook and the group had eaten well. Xander the newest of the group was a quiet man. Soronnume was in her element. Soronnume didn't speak much but she was often noted various plants and animals that they encountered. Devon was outgoing as usual, and force some where between the quiet ones and the more out going. Brianna considered herself as somewhere between Lorae and Devon. She like some socializing with others though sometimes she didn't, especial not when the memories of what she had lost rose again. Those were difficult to deal with still. Allis all they worked together well thus far, though as yet they had not been tested in battle.

One the fourth day Flame suddenly appeared telling her that there was a lot of smoke in the sky.

"What direction?" Brianna askes

"That way" Flame pointedmoreto the north.


Posted on 2010-02-07 at 21:28:10.
Edited on 2010-02-08 at 01:28:32 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

Moraglin rode her carpet each day and spent her time crafting on new spells. However once they made camp she took over the cooking. It was pure self-defense, was what she told herself. She got tired of just roasted or stewed meats, and raw vegetables foraged from the forest and fields. In her youth her mother owned and ran a big inn. She had learned to help prepare and cook under her mother's tutelage when she was old enough and later she served in the common rooms as well. That was before her magic abilities had manifested itself.

Of course she complained about the fire that wouldn't stay at a steady temperature. Mor wondered if there was anything she could come up with that would take care of that. Perhaps some sort of permanent heat spell on a pot or pan that she could trigger with a command word. That might must work. Her mind went off on a tangent at that and she almost burnt the thin strips of meat she was cooking with strips of vegetables. she snatched the pan out of the fire quickly and got burned fingers for her efforts.

"If anyone sees any thyme, rosemary, sage, tarragon or other seasoning herbs I would appreciate you getting me some. And salt, Iam nearly out of salt.

This fourth day since leaving the valley things were not so uneventful. Brianna rode back in with news of a lot of smoke filling the sky to the north of them.

"Is it far enough off that we will be safe from it?" Moraglin asks worried about a forest fire that might overwhelm them.


Posted on 2010-02-08 at 01:20:50.
Edited on 2010-02-10 at 22:09:31 by Brianna

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Fire in the Sky

"Fire? We should head that way immediatly! People could be hurt! Also it could lead us to more clues on how I got here as well as some others." Perhaps the cleric has been quiet due to being homesick. Or pondering what else to do. He has seemed lost and confused, out of his element away from his temple. He turns on the horse, pointing in the direction of the smoke. "Anyone with me? We should investigate immediatly!"


Posted on 2010-02-08 at 02:41:48.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Devon to Xander

"Xander, are you always so quick to rush into possible danger? I could turn invisible and investigate the area."


Posted on 2010-02-08 at 07:37:14.

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Fire

"Yes, Devon. I am. People could be hurt or worse and it is my job and place in this life to help even in a strange, foreign place I know nothing of nor want anything to do with..." Xander looks to the ones whom do live here and bows his head apologetically. He obviously is confused and wants to go home and doesn't seem sure what is real and what is not.


Posted on 2010-02-08 at 13:56:46.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


devon's idea

"I've got an idea on how to check this out safely. Xander and Brianna, you two should come with me on foot. Your horses might make too much noise. I can turn us invisible and Brianna can take point. I could also fly, in order not to make extra noise in the underbrush. It would also provide me with a vantage point to see more of the situation. What do ya think? You two with me on this?"

Of course, Devon waits for an answer before casting any spells.


Posted on 2010-02-09 at 06:48:32.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

"That is true." says Moraglin, "but to go and return will take time We can all move up closer and then investigate."

Moraglin for once was not complaining about the situation.

"Well? Let's get going. When we get there someone can go in and find out if there is any need for us to do anything."

Of course someone, not her, can do that.


Posted on 2010-02-09 at 07:00:47.
Edited on 2010-02-10 at 22:12:03 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna

"Yes, I agree we should investigate and see if there is anyone in need." Brianna adds. We can cut north and close in as quickly as possible.

Brianna turned Shadowbane and started north at a canter. Not too fast so that it would exhaust the horses-- not wasting time. The stallion wove his way through the trees as Brianna urge him forward.

"Flame, Can you go up and keep me on course?"


Posted on 2010-02-09 at 07:11:08.
Edited on 2010-02-10 at 22:14:27 by Brianna

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Smoke

"So be it. I will follow, Devon." Xander slips off the horse, checking his gear quickly and goes to follow the others towards the smoke.


Posted on 2010-02-09 at 08:52:00.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1259 Posts


Soronuume

At the sound of Flame's shrill warnings of fire Soronuume cocked her head to the side and sniffed. Sure enough the pungent smell of smoke filled the air. With a sharp his the wood elf looked upward searching the skies for some sign of the conflagration.

Even as her eyes focused on the skies she could hear her companions discuss whether to investigate or not. She could help but sniff at the growing concern over people being hurt, not even one of them mentioned the forest and the wild creatures that lived within - her concern was the forest. Soronuume had already set her mind on investigating the source of the fire and she would see that the forest survived, if there were people in need of aid she would offer only after she knew the land to be safe. The wood elf did not speak of this, her actions would show when the time came.

After listening to a few more moments of deliberation Soronuume heard her companions reach their decision, they would investigate the flames.

With a glance to each of her companions the wood elf spoke out in a soft but sure voice, "Let us discuss this no further, only by journeying onward will we be able to know what to do. We must go northward to the flames, and we must go now"


Posted on 2010-02-10 at 01:18:59.
Edited on 2010-02-10 at 01:21:34 by Nimu

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Devon

"I agree with Soronuume, Let's get going all who are going. Ill fly and give cover if needed."

Shooting a glance over to Brianna, who had already begun riding Shadowbane off to the north after Flame, he said,"We may need cover cause any possible enemies will definitely hear us coming."

As Devon began moving north, he became invisible then a few moments later, no sign could be seen of him, for he took flight thus the underbrush ceased to crackle and bustle under his feet.


Posted on 2010-02-10 at 07:16:27.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Lorae


By the time the others finish discussing what to do, Lorea has turned Moon Dancer north and was moving quickly that direction. Brianna was soon up to her, it was amazing how nimble the big black stallion was, also a agile as Moon Dancer, but the different was Dance grew up in the Elven Forests and the Grove of Tara. He had an uncanny sense of direction.

As Brianna goes to send Flame off, Lorae calls out, "Flame, I know the way, find out what is happening there."

"OK. Lorae, I go peeky."


Posted on 2010-02-10 at 22:21:41.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1259 Posts


Soronuume

Soronuume nodded in agreement with Devon's call to remain hidden. More often than not fires came into being through mishap, accident, and happenstance. Even so, she had seen enough fires caused by adversary and fully saw the wisdom in Devon's words. As all made ready to depart and Lorae motioned herself northward the wood elf rode to the center of the group.

The druid called out to her companions, "Stay close to me my friends, Devon speaks truth and I will make it so."

With that Soronuume began to focus her mind, letting the magics of the wild flow through her. Unlike Devon she could not wrap herself in a cloak of invisibility, but she could make herself and those around her blend into the landscape. It was a simple trick that any child of the wilderness learned sooner or later. With the utterance of a final word of power Soronuume and her mount began to shift in color. As the wood elf and her mount began to blend into their surroundings so too did her companions.

"It is just a simple glamer," Soronuume called out, "stay close to me until we reach the flames lest the spell break."

((OOC: Casts Mass Camouflage))


Posted on 2010-02-10 at 22:42:52.

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Hunt for the Flames

Xander draws his mace and hoists his shield up defensively as they move through the underbrush. He looks around often and nods, though doesn't smile. The cleric remains close to the druid because of the spell and watches as Devon dissapears.


Posted on 2010-02-12 at 18:23:56.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.