The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3986 registered users. Our newest member is nhakhoalovely.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - New Destiny Characters (posted by Alacrity)New Destiny Characters
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by Eol Fefalas)Paranoia: Commies
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by Eol Fefalas)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


devon

Whether Flame is aware of it or not, Devon flies and catches up with the dragonette, flying above and just ahead of Brianna and Shadowbane. He looks ahead to see what may be causing the fire and smoke.


Posted on 2010-02-12 at 23:45:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post:: Enter Elendil


Elsewhere in the forest

Elendil trying to get Joker under control is shocked when the buckskin stallion stops suddenly, holding tightly to the makeshift bridal, he holds on tightly, almost willing himself not to fall from the stallion's back. His head turns towards the screams and quickly dismounts and pats Joker on his neck before taking hold of his longbow and notches an arrow before moving slowly and cautiously into the village.

There he sees the Orcs ransacking homes, and attempting to get into the buildings. His eyes drift to where each of the Orcs is and a plan starts forming. He lets his arrow fly and strikes one of the Orcs battering at the heavy door in the lower abdomin causing him to step back and bend over in roaring in great pain. Elendil Evensong (Longbow, mighty (+3 Str) composite +2 (Darkwood, Distance, Seeking, Shock), #1) hits (10+15) AC 25 for 13 HP (11 P, magic, Darkwood + 2 electricity) of damage

As quick as his nimble fingers allow, he notches another arrow and takes aim, his eyes cold at hearing the screams of children. The second find its mark in another Orcs throat he too reels away clawing at the arrow. Elendil Evensong (Longbow, mighty (+3 Str) composite +2 (Darkwood, Distance, Seeking, Shock), #2) hits (9+10) AC 19 for 10 HP (8 P, magic, Darkwood + 2 electricity) of damage


Posted on 2010-02-13 at 02:35:27.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Game Post ---Surprise!

As the group winds though the forest they can see flames coming from a number of houses in a village. Moving around the open area of the village are about two dozen Orcs. Some seem to be looting, but there is a group of about 10 working on beating at the door of a larger stone building where there are muffled screams of frightened women and children. Off to the side an Orc drags and screaming woman by her hair, she desperately clutches her baby in her arms.

As the group arrives an arrow streaks out from the trees to their left to strike the Orc Leader who directs the attack on the stone building.

(OOC:
The village area is about 200x200 feet. The stone building is somewhat in the center, about 75 feet from where the group would come out of the trees. You have surprise for no one heard you coming, the fires, the pounding on the door and the screams kept the Orcs from hearing you.

In you post describe your actions I will roll the outcomes. If you have two shots then you might need to add an addendum “if this happens you will do this.” Like Headbasher is hitting Orc number 7 and if 7 falls the next hit will be on Orc 9.) I will try to get up some sort of diagram as soon as I remember how I did it before.)


Posted on 2010-02-22 at 01:27:45.
Edited on 2010-02-22 at 01:34:50 by Dragon Mistress

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Devon

Devon spied the orc dragging the woman with a baby by the hair. This sight infuriates him and he lets loose a full barage of Maximized Magic Missiles.

(maximized magic missile 5 MISSILES, max 5 damage/missile (25), 3mp used)


Posted on 2010-02-22 at 04:37:06.

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Combat

Upon seeing the woman being harassed by the orc and dragged off, and hearing the baby-Xander sprung into action. He moves towards them as quick as he can, casting a spell to try and kill the orc and shield the woman and child.

OOC I will cast Flame Strike on the orc (or near it to keep the woman/child safe) in a attempt to kill it. If it dies before I go, if I see a possible leader of the orcs-I flame strike him instead. If I don't see a 'leader' I summon a Celestial Griffon near the women and order it to guard her and the kid.

Initiative before rolling: +7


Posted on 2010-02-22 at 18:07:33.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna and Company in Battle Mode

Brianne anger raise at the sight of the orc marauders ravaging the village they had discovered following the trail of smoke. As soon as she saw what was happening, she urged Shadowbane forward. The huge black stallion leaped into a flat out run at her urging. Bending low over his neck she loosen the great Dwarven double axe from her saddle and took it in her right hand while taking up her shield with her left hand. Her knees guided the stallion forward toward the Orcs trying to bash in the doors on the stone building near its center. She crashes into the knot of Orcs and slips from the back of Shadowbane leaving him to attack on his own.

Brianna started swing as fast and as hard as she could. There was no finesse to her strokes, She power attacks trying to deal as much damage as she could in as short a time as she could--kill, maim or put down as many as she, trying to decimate their numbers with fierce swings of the mighty ax. Her muscle bunched and flexed as she swung with all her might. Brianna. Her battle cry sounding out as she fights, calling on the powers of the Warrior aspect of Amaterrana.

Shadowbane attacked as well, Opening his mouth wide, then wider, and wider still. Sharp teeth glistened and four fangs were evident. His normal aspect of a warhorse what transformed into something else with his open fanged mouth. and scream of rage. He attack biting and trampling and kicking with his mighty hooves.

Flame attacks the same group with his flaming breath.


Posted on 2010-02-23 at 04:20:07.
Edited on 2010-03-05 at 23:11:25 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lorae


Lorae moves in also seeing where Brianna was headed into the thick of things, as normal.

"Brianna, take the grunts, I will go for the leader." Both having fought Orcs before, knew how important it was to take out the leaders.

She legs Moon Dancer forward at a gallop.

She calls back to the others, "Do what you can do best."


Posted on 2010-02-24 at 00:47:49.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1257 Posts


Soronuume

The scene of flaming buildings and screaming villagers filled Soronuume's eyes as she rode Thunderclap. She hissed violently as her gaze fell on the marauding orcs that teemed through the village. The elf hated orcs, and so did Xu. Seeing a lone orc nearby the panther leapt forward jumping to attack with a violent roar. Claws and teeth bared Xu descended on the creature and struck first with her razor claws all the while her jaws open seeking the orcs throat.

Soronuume watched her companion run off into the fray, a pang of worry running through her. She quieted it quickly, Xu could take care of herself and the druid had magics to heal her friend should any orc's blade find flesh. The druid spared a glance for the forest behind her checking for any sign of flames in the wood. Satisfied the forest was safe for now Soronuume returned her amber gaze to the orcs and the village.

Seeing a small cluster of orcs in the distance she gritted her teeth and raised her hands to the skies. Her voice rose into the air echoing with fury as she called forth the power of the storm. The unseen wild magics of the land flowed through her body and spun up into the clouds above. With a final scream the druid finished her spell. A thunderous roar exploded in the sky as a blue white bolt of lightning cracked down from the roiling clouds above into the orcs below. Rocks and dirt shot into the air where the bolt stuck and Soronuume raised her hands again ready to call forth another bolt of lightning.

((OOC: Casts Call Lightning Storm. The first bolt is targeted at wherever there is a cluster of orcs (excluding the 10 that Brianna, her horse, and Flame are engaged with). I know there are about 2 dozen so I am assuming there is another group of them somewhere in few, she is targeting whichever group is the largest. If there is no other group of orcs Soronuume will instead target the largest/dangerous orc she can find. If any orcs other than the one Xu attacked are rushing to attacked the panther Soronuume will direct the lightning at them instead.))


Posted on 2010-02-24 at 03:44:30.
Edited on 2010-02-24 at 03:46:48 by Nimu

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Moraglin

Moraglin glides unseen above the Orcs raiders as she clears the forest and sees what is going on. "Orcs" she said out loud, in disgust, not that they could hear her with all the noise being made below her. Orcs pounding on the Door. She watched Brianna and the big Felani, Oko, charge into that mess in front of tthem.

Moraglin targets as many as she can in a close group. Her first spell was a Maximized, Empowered Flaming Sphere that she cast down on a small group of Orcs and she kept concentration on it to hit as many Orcs as she could even multiple times. Soronuume panther lit into a lone Orc with tooth and claw. That make her fingers twitch, a touch of racial memory causing that reaction. She had plenty of powerful spells but she could not cast then with so many of her in th companions midst of the Orcs When she can.

what to use would depend on the movements and groupings of orcs, and how close her companions were to any area of affect spell she might cast.


Posted on 2010-02-24 at 05:43:09.
Edited on 2010-02-24 at 06:29:33 by Brianna

Oko
Resident
Karma: 12/6
394 Posts


Finally a free computer

Oko will follow Breanna when he arrives at the building (taking a side differt from Breanna) he will dismount using his great sword proced to attack the orc's his horse on command will start attacking another orc. (Oko is using power attacks) IF any one can hear him a Battle Yowl? scream? (sounds a lot like a big cat mixed with human ) will split the air on his side adding to the din that is already present (a horse bellow? will also be present)





Posted on 2010-02-25 at 23:38:51.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


OK trying something new.

Go to Q&A and see the results of the rolling and then create posts with the information of attacks on you and then your own attacks


Posted on 2010-03-04 at 23:53:45.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Devon

Devon breathes a sigh of relief. Thanks to Xander and himself, the woman and child were safe for now. There was no time to rest on one's laurals right now, however.

From the air and unseen, Devon scans for an ally in the thick of it and taking damage, in order to help.

He spies Brianna and her steed and the red of blood dripping from their bodies. He knew the adrenaline and rage of battle would keep them going for now, but they'd be feeling it in the morning.

He manipulates the fabrics of magic to produce five more magic missiles, pouring as much power into them as he could. He aimed one each at five of the orcs imediately adjacent to Brianna and her horse, knowing that this spell hits without error what he aims at. Therefore, there was no reason to worry about inadvertantly endangering his friend.

(OOC: Second verse same as the first! lol- yes 5 more max Magic missiles. each missile carries 5 pnts of dam. 3mp spent)


Posted on 2010-03-06 at 00:14:29.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Brianna and company

Brianna reveled in each satisfying thwack as the huge ax hit the Orcs. She kept swinging that ax. She takes a step forward into the remaining Orcs midst. The keen blade hacking and slashing into the Orcs before her. Her Amazon battle cry ringing our loud and clear. She splits her attacks taking one hit per Orc. Her muscles ripple as they contracted and extend rhythmically.

Flame was somewhere close by, Brianna felt the heat of his breath attack and saw a flash of light on the Orcs around her and Shadowbane's massive black presence bit she didn't let herself be distracted to see if their attacks were successful. she new they would keep attacking until all the Orcs were down.


Posted on 2010-03-06 at 00:39:44.

Xander
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 1/1
38 Posts


Command

The mighty celestial griffon appears at a moments notice and stands guard near the woman and child. It growls at the orcs, ready to tear flesh from bone if they come near the innocent villages.

Xander turns and sees Brianna's wounds. His first reaction is to heal her but with the amount of foes remaining, he calls on Pelor and points his mace at a group of them. "To the ground with each of you! I order thee to halt and stand your ground! Accept your punishment vile creatures!"

OOC Casting Greater Command. Affects 9 targets, lasts 1 round. 'Fall' command (makes them sit down and do nothing for 1 round). Will Save Negates. DC Will Save 19


Posted on 2010-03-06 at 01:18:40.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Sit Orc, sit!


The biggest Orc and 7 of his fellows go to the ground, only one of the group still stands, he is a puny sort of Orc holding a staff with bones and teeth and bits of long pale hair.

More to come


Posted on 2010-03-09 at 23:11:01.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.