The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4013 registered users. Our newest member is lonelydesires.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Peradyse Lost
Parent thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost
Related thread: Peradyse Lost Q&A
    Messages in Peradyse Lost
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

greenleaf
Resident
Karma: 8/9
379 Posts


We are announced....

“The damage is done,” Xour whispers to Brianna. “From this point on we must assume that our movement has been tracked and that we are walking into an ambush. We need to pass that on quietly to the others before we proceed. They need to be prepared. If they think that we are not suspecting an ambush, we may survive by over running the ambush. Still, reducing the noise is a good idea and may yet save us. If each of us passes it back to the one immediately behind us, this might prove useful.”

Xour now held his bow in hand. If a fight came, it would be welcome. His life for a few Drow would be a good exchange. Too bad the numbers of his race were too few and the numbers of the Drow too many. At any rate, today was as good a day to die as tomorrow. This caused him to smile.

"I’narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I’anor(The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun)" he muttered softly.


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 02:51:37.
Edited on 2006-12-18 at 06:38:16 by greenleaf

Logan
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/3
99 Posts


being quite

Logan riding slowing in the back, his horse as big as he is, barely making any noise either ponders if the dragonette could make anymore noise as he believes a herd of horses would be quiter. He whispers to himself, "We should be quite and on gaurd now that the dragonette has possibly given us away."


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 11:05:19.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Quiet


"Yesss, I will not make unnessssary noissse."


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 11:22:24.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Decoy


Lorea hearing the warning passed back, passes it on to Roscoe.

The she digs in her pouch and pulls out a bit of bread. she waits until see sees a flock of jay and tosses the bread out under the tree where they had congregated.

She is hoping they will act like other jays. When one grabs the bread the others try to take it and the bread winner tries flying off with its prize drawing the squawking jays along with it.


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 11:32:01.

Jozan1
RDI Fixture +1
Karma: 65/14
1539 Posts


.,

Roscoe hears the warning Lorae passes onto him, and tenses up a bit, and slows down on his horse, making less noise. He slowly takes out his bow and makes sure his quiver is free on his side so he can grab an arrow, and sits on top of his horse,and waits for what would happen next. Soon Lorae wriles up some birds with bread, and he slowly waits for an attack that might not ever come.


Posted on 2006-12-18 at 20:42:36.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Fighting Jays


The jays do exactly what Lorae thought and race through the trees squawking and making a racket that faded as the jays followed the one with the bread.

Anyone in the forest listening for a group of upset birds to indicate the movement of something in the area, would have to chase the disappeared flock.



Posted on 2006-12-18 at 20:48:56.

greenleaf
Resident
Karma: 8/9
379 Posts


Noise

Xour watcched the birds and said "Well done!"

Still they had done enough to bring attention to themselves, it was best they stay alert. He keeps his bow ready.

"Lets proceed with a bit more care. We should all remain ready for action."


Posted on 2006-12-19 at 04:23:24.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Quiet as theFall of Dapple Shadows on the Forest Floor

Brianna just nods and then gives her stallion a gently scratch on the neck. Her red sorrel mare follows her without a lead line and is unencumbered by pack or tack. his stride lengths but is long and low. Brianna makes some soft "shushing" sounds. Both horse seem to walk more quietly.


Posted on 2006-12-19 at 15:25:33.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Quiet as theFall of Dapple Shadows on the Forest Floor

Brianna just nods and then gives her stallion a gently scratch on the neck and makes some soft "shushing" sounds. The stallion's stride lengths but it is low. Her red sorrel mare follows her without a lead line and is unencumbered by pack or tack. Both horses seem to walk more quietly.


Posted on 2006-12-19 at 15:29:58.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Forest


Lorae gives a light chuckle as Shadowbane tries to pussyfoot down the trail. She did not have to worry about Moon Dancer as the stallion made no sound and no hoofprints as they traveled.


Posted on 2006-12-19 at 23:17:04.
Edited on 2006-12-19 at 23:18:27 by Lorae

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Readiness

Brianna keeps searching about her using all her senses. Gounding the flying terror did rather cut down the long range sight but it had been a trade off with the turnults of chattering squirrels, and squawking birds.

"Well Flame" she tells the diminuative dragonette. .until you learn how to move silently though the forest you are not going to be able to go scouting again. I would like you to notice how silently the wolf moves--without causeing a disturbance."


Posted on 2006-12-22 at 01:18:02.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


SOP


Throughout the morning's ride Loaer will dismount and move off into the forest, while Moon Dancer kept walking along the path. She usually returns in about 10-25 minutes. Other times she dismounts and walks along the path with long ground covering strides.

On passing a bend in the river she suggests a lunch break.


Posted on 2006-12-22 at 15:22:02.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Lunch in the Saddle.


As not one seems to hear her suggestion Lorae pulls some bread and cheese from her saddlebag and munches on it, while walking alongside Dancer.

The warmth of the sun does not reach all the way down to the forest floor, and for that the travelers could be truely grateful as it was a hot summer day. But by the afternoon the heat has had time to filter down and it warms the travelers quite easily.

The drone of insects is loud enough to wake the dead, but none of the group seems much bother by them, no flies, or gnats, or no-see-ums.

Only as the sun drops low in the west does the Forest cool somewhat.

(OOC: Spot and Listen rolls from everyone, unless you are blind , or deaf.)


Posted on 2006-12-24 at 19:52:09.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Spot and Listen Rolls


I have 3 with rolls submitted, Xuor, Lorae and Brianna. I am aware that it is the Xmas, New Years time and that many people go away for the season if I do not hear for Logan or Roscoe by Thursday I will roll for them.


Posted on 2006-12-26 at 20:18:10.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Sounds of


Xuor who was on one of his swings throught the forest hears the faint sounds of fighthing off to the left of the group's line of march.

(OOC The rest are deaf, Sorry bad rolls.)


Posted on 2006-12-29 at 17:41:46.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.