The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Dungeon of the Unhallow
Parent thread: Dungeon of the Unhallow Q&A
GM for this game: Skari-dono
Players for this game: Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Celediel, Savrit, gboy, Mephistopholes
This game has fizzled.
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   
    Messages in Dungeon of the Unhallow
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Mephistopholes
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/1
29 Posts


Germyn

As David's arrows flew towards their mark, so to did the wolf creature launch itself in the guard's direction. First bounding past David, Germyn cast aroudn the cells to find an opening to get at this new opponent.


Posted on 2009-05-11 at 17:50:37.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aurora


"He is not evil," Aurora announced to the others. She begins to look about for some way of freeing the man. She searches for something to use as a lever or even for the dead body of a guard hoping he may have keys.

"Any of you have skills in opening locks?"

Over the time she had been locked inside this place she had learned all manner of inmates were incarcerated here, good and bad and evil. There was a difference between bad and evil. For her bad was a term for lawbreakers, but not all lawbreakers were evil. Evil was something entirely different.



Posted on 2009-05-12 at 18:31:41.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


heh

Nikulas looks surprise at Aurora after her remark. "Not evil?" he says with his deep and booming voice. "Well, that's good to know. I was beginning to wonder about that." His tone changes from comedical to being more serious. "You could have just asked, you know?"


Posted on 2009-05-12 at 20:57:55.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Katsumi

"Ah, Venerable Old One, you my have told us the truth had we asked, but is sad to say that you protesting your non-evil status would not necessarily mean you spoke truly, especially if the truth might mean we would leave you in that cell." Katsumi pronounces sagely.

"However since you are not evil then let me see what I can do with those bars"

Katsumi steps up to the cell and sticks her tetsubo between two bars and using it like a level she put her full force and weight against her it trying to bend the bars enough to release the man form his cell. Her muscles bunch under her efforts, as she tests her strength against the iron bars. SHe tried to focus herself on this one task but is not yet able to bring to bear the degree to attain ki focus, not yet anyway, SO not is is a matter of strength, determination and persistance.


Posted on 2009-05-12 at 23:06:02.

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


Force

"I may not have a way of opening the lock but I might be able to break the door in from the outside. Stand back and lets see what kind of force this thing can take."

Miliani waits for them to clear a path then steps back to the far wall ready to charge the door with her new set of horns.

(OOC: The charge does an additional 1d8 damage to her 1d6+3 that the horns already do as a natural weapon. Page 22 Tome of Magic)


Posted on 2009-05-13 at 05:53:38.

Skari-dono
Icelanders! Roll Out
Karma: 102/11
1514 Posts


Attack round 1

BLUE
David quickly releases three arrows upon the prison guard. The first arrow strikes the guard in between his plates of armor and draws blood. The second arrow is not as accurate and strikes one of the bars. The third attack is evel less successful as that, because as David lets the final arrow fly the string of his bow losens and the hardly takes flight. The bow had not been used in such a long time, the string was not tightened enough to manage the three shots.

Kaylena makes her way out of the room and to the hallway. A light from a nearby torch stings her eyes, but with her abilities she dampens the light. She quickly gazes around, and several feet away she sees another prison guard.

Just as Kaylena notices the other guard, Germyn dashes past her, turns the other way and runs to the guard which they had originally seen. He just manages to run up to the guard, when the pile of armor quickly turns around and swings his sword at the werewolf. The sword cuts the wolf-man, and the guard swings again, again cutting Germyn's skin. Things could have been worse, however, and Germyn's supernatural state warded him from most of the guard's cutting power.

The other guard seems to have reacted to the noice from the battle, as he turns facing Kaylena. The guard starts running towards where Kaylena is standing, and stops right next to her, as if he could see her.

Overview of current status Overview of Kaylena's view (guard marked with red circle) Closeup of Kaylena's view, when guard is close by

RED
Although it proves to be a bit difficult and awkward, Miliani manages to take few steps back to charge the door. The charge hits the door from a awkward angle, and instead of breaking up, the door remains still and locked. Katsumi attempts to force the door open, using her tetsubo as a sort of a crowbar. The door, however, will not budge.

"You there," Nikulas says, "woman with the club. Keep trying to force the door open, like you did, and I will try to push it from this side. Perhaps we can combine our strength and open it."

Despite the combined effort, however, the door will not budge. "Perhaps," Nikulas says, "if you could somehow pick the lock."

Current status


Posted on 2009-05-16 at 18:45:43.
Edited on 2009-05-18 at 15:26:23 by Skari-dono

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Aurora


Lock picking was not one of her accomplishments, but she did have an idea. "Let me check if any of the dead guards has a set of keys."

Maybe some one of the others had suck skills. Aurora moved quickly to search for the every present guards, hopefully a dead one with keys.


Posted on 2009-05-16 at 20:47:45.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Stupid old bow... no, I didn't mean that.

David smiles as one of his arrows strikes the guard. He saw a brief flicker of pain, and he continued firing. However, he realized that his bow was not up to what it had been. He had forgotten to check it when he immediately began firing, and so the string came loose.

"Dam... Keep it coming guard, I'm ready for you! You'll pay for locking me up!" David had practiced enough to be able to re-tie his bowstring in a hurry, so he takes the string in his nimble fingers and ties it back to the shaft, ready to fire again. Taking out one arrow, David glances down the shaft...

And he spies the guard's sword out, attacking Germyn. "How are you going to fight without your weapon, you dastard?" Aiming for the man's knuckles, David lets fly with an arrow, intending to dislodge the sword from the man's hands, leaving him open for Germyn. Or whatever Germyn was now.

________________________

OoC: Move action to tie the string
Free action to taunt the guard
Standard Action Ranged disarm on the guard.


Posted on 2009-05-17 at 00:56:43.
Edited on 2009-05-18 at 17:36:00 by gboy

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Katsumi.

Katsumi had but her whole (normal) strength her efforts to bend the bars but to no avail. Miliani tried to ram the bars with the horns on her head as if she were but nothing budges.

Miliani then suggested someone pick the lock. but Katsumi had not idea how to pick a lock a goat. Aurora went off to find a guard with keys that would be nothing bu luck to find one dead and the living would not easily give them up.

Katsumi stopped the so far fruitless attempt on the bars and turn to concentrate on the tones wall of his cell. With luck perhaps some were weakened in the quake and she might be able to break through to the old man. She set to work with vigor pounding on the stones right at a junction of mortar.


Posted on 2009-05-17 at 03:30:07.

Savrit
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/11
165 Posts


Another course of action

As Miliani pounded on the door she grew frustrated that she could make no progress. Nikulas even tried to help from the inside but to no avail. Nothing that she had learned in her years of study had taught her how to detect magic to find out if the door was enchanted in some way. This was just another thing to taunt her and her inability to rise to the level of skill that was always expected of her.

"Perhaps," Nikulas says, "if you could somehow pick the lock."
As he suggested another alternative Miliani stepped back and leaned against the far wall exhaling a sigh of frustration. She didn't know anything about picking a lock. Think, does anyone know anything about picking locks. As she paused there Katsumi started chipping away at the rock on the wall looking for weaknesses.

"Let me check if any of the dead guards has a set of keys." Then Aurora began to walk off.

"Be careful." Miliani calls after Aurora as she moves away from where the other two remained, stumped, in front of the prison door. Miliani began to roll through the inventory in her mind. Who would be best to help in a situation like this.......
"That's it.. Aym!" She knew that Amon would be of no further use in this situation but Aym would give her a much better chance at smashing the door hinges with her amazing strength. Miliani hoped that her new companions would not hold it against her as she took a few steps away from the door Katsumi was working on. She pulls out a piece of chalk and repeats the summoning for Amon that she had just completed only moments before.

((OOC To expel the vestige she must summon and succeed another binding check. Then, instead of binding, Miliani will be expelling Amon. If she succeeds in expelling Amon then her horns vanish, and she will pull out her binders kit and utilize the bonuses from it in summoning Aym in order to help balance out the -10 to her bind check for force expelling the first vestige. The DC is only 15 for Aym and if she fails then she will have a star shaped brand on her forehead as the manifest sign. If everything works then she will have lost 2 HP from using her binding kit twice.Aym Binding DC 15 pg 24))


Posted on 2009-05-19 at 07:37:47.
Edited on 2009-05-19 at 07:42:00 by Savrit

Celediel
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 22/9
104 Posts


eep

Kaylena was a little surprised to see the guard draw up short next to her. She wasn't sure if it could see her through her concealment or if it merely sensed her presence, so she plotted a retreat that would obfuscate her whereabouts once more, if it wasn't truly capable of seeing her.

She strode quickly back through the cell to the storage room, hastily unleashed a carpet of shadowy tendrils in the hallway that would catch and entangle any pursuer's feet. The shade hissed to David, "There's another one in this hallway. It's not safe now."

[[OOC: 30' move straight west back into the shadowy area around the chandelier, Clinging Darkness (Ref DC 17, because she's in shadow. ToM 143) targeting the square just east of where she started.]]


Posted on 2009-05-22 at 03:55:10.
Edited on 2009-05-22 at 05:09:25 by Celediel

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.