The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Common Room - Name generator help! (posted by t_catt11)Name generator help!
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Chessicfayth)5e One Shot Adventure
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Star Wars --> Dawn of Defiance: The Traitor's Gambit
Parent thread: SW: Dawn of Defiance Q/A
    Messages in Dawn of Defiance: The Traitor's Gambit
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2036 Posts


Now where's a portable hole when you need one?

Karra's feline eyes quickly surveyed her surroundings. Already she had trepidations regarding this venture... but it was far too late to back down now. All that could be done was to do what could be done. There was no place for fear or hesitation.

"Ara!" Karra called, "I'll need you to get the door to the operations room open when you can get to it. The sooner the better. Everyone else, we need to try to take them out, one at a time if we must, especially the one on that sled."

Her grip tightened on the pistol in her hand. She really didn't want to ever use it... but now she would have to. However, it would be better to fire from behind cover. She quickly moved forward. All at once, she realized just how much weight she had actually been carrying; her legs nearly carried her farther than she expected in a leap. It also was a clear indication of just how 'tame' she had become, as her father would say, since her agility and reflexes were not up to par. She turned, to move behind the set of storage containers and-

"Oh!" Karra nearly cried out in surprise. There was a trooper already there.

There was no thought. She continued up to the trooper and lashed out with her left hand, claws extended. Almost immediately afterwards, she brought the same hand back, curved around, to slash at the same trooper again.

(Actions:
Move: going up to ST#1
Standard: Melee attack with claw
Swift: Reactive Claw attack
Hoping it works...)


Posted on 2009-10-09 at 03:24:30.

Ginafae
Kool Killer Kitty
Karma: 64/6
1685 Posts


...

It all happened so fast, there was barely time to register it all. The hangar doors, the gaggle of stormtroopers, the heavy cannon, the imperial shuttle, the sealed off ops. room – all of them swam on the surface of Ara’s pale blue eyes without ever sinking in.

The ‘ping’ of a blaster bolt ricocheting off the frame of the hangar door, forced a shake of the head, and for Ara to tighten her hold on her carbine. Karra had already bounded past, shouting back for her to try and open the door to the operation room. And Hako’ib was already firing off a hail of shots at an Imperial kneeling down before the shuttle.

“I don’t know!” she answered back, running with her carbine in one hand as she flung a grenade towards the Imperial officer.

OOC: Ara is moving off towards the right of the hangar so that she’s partly covered by the shuttle. Ara will try to catch the officer and as as many troopers as she can with the grenade.


Posted on 2009-10-09 at 17:48:34.
Edited on 2009-10-09 at 17:50:59 by Ginafae

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


Final Fight -- Round 1

Unencumbered and adrenaline pumping, Karra surprised herself with her quick movement and lithe grace. Looking for cover, the Cathar moved swiftly to find shelter in amongst the storage area. As she made her way around the crates, she felt her hair begin to stand on end and her gut warning her of danger…

"Oh!" Karra nearly cried out in surprise. There was a trooper already there!

Her body reacted with cat-like instincts… warrior instinct bred into her race… and her free hand snapped out, claws extended, tearing two wicked gashes along the side of the trooper’s torso. The trooper, stunned by Karra’s ferocity, stumbled back and attempted to blast the medic, but the shot merely scorched the storage container by her head.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ara’ala also sprung into action, hoping to end this fight quickly. One hand held her carbine while the other got ready to toss the…

“GRENADE!” cried out the nearest stormtrooper in warning, while blasting his acquired target.

The Arkanian took the shot square in the chest, the Imperial armor unable to defuse the damage. But as she did, she launched her own counter assault, sending the grenade towards the Captain Harnell and his troops. The stormtrooper had succeeded, however, and the blaster bolt to the chest threw off Ara’ala’s aim. The stun grenade bounced off the hanger’s far wall, off to the side of the Captain, and went exploded out of sight, behind the shuttle. To the Arkanian’s disappointment, none of the troopers seemed to be impacted by the concussion blast.

Hako’ib was quick to return fire, his pulse-wave blaster sending a devastating bolt into the nearest enemy. The blast caught the trooper also in the chest, sending him to the ground. The “good feelings” Hako’ib felt were short-lived, however, as the repulsor sled’s engine whined to life. The sled ran over the body of the prone stormtrooper with a sickening “crunch”, while it moved to engage the companions. Both Ara’ala and Hako’ib sought out cover behind the shuttle as the trooper opened up with the sled’s blaster cannon.

Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! The cannon marred the surface of the hanger at the heels of the heroes’ feet but, otherwise, left Hako’ib and Ara’ala untouched.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ithiria, currently not drawing fire from the sled, rushed passed it, hoping to deal with the troopers closer to the control room while her companions dealt with the sled. She noticed one of them disappear alongside of the shuttle, while the Imperial officer moved towards the control room door. The trooper closest to the carbonite sled opened fire on the Jedi, but missed wildly. A second trooper emerged from the control room and also fired on Ithiria, however, the bolt also went wide.

[OOC: So, here’s the deal-e-o:

1) Karra hit ST1 for 7 hp damage with her claw/reactive claw combo. ST1 missed on the return fire.
2) Hako’ib hit ST2 for 10 hp damage, but not before ST2 hit Ara for 11 hp damage
3) Ara had a bad roll with the grenade. I would have added a force point if I thought it would have helped, but your rolls for damage were all “1” – ouch! Anyway, she missed.
4) ST4 ran over ST2 in the process of pursuing Hako’ib and Ara’ala. ST2 is dead.
5) ST5 has moved out of everyone’s lines of sight, so you don’t see him on the map anymore. ST7 is also on the map anymore as you can currently see him, and I didn’t want to mislead you to think that he is for sure in the control room. He could be… but might not.
6) Otherwise… map is on its way too.

Any questions? Post to the Q/A board.

Enjoy!
Ayrn.
]



Posted on 2009-10-12 at 07:15:12.
Edited on 2009-10-12 at 07:16:03 by Ayrn

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Shoot him in the eye

His blaster bolt impacted on it's target nocking him flat, out for the count for a good long time, but not before the stormie had sho Ara, it didn't look like the armour did much to stop that perticular shot but she seemed not too badly hurt but it did throw her aim off.

Karra had run round the corner to fin the stormie already where she entended to go, to her own shock and Ithiria dissapeared towards the rest of the troopers as he made his way to shelter behind the shuttle. Ara came to join him as well.

The sled ran over the downed troopers body with a crunch and killed the unfortunate guy. ??? Did I just call him unfortunate?

"I've got this one."
He said taking careful aim at the trooper on the sled, he pulled the trigger and willed it to find it's mark, to find a good mark.

(OOC: Sacrificing my move action for an extra swift action, then using them both to aim at the ST on the sled. I'm also using 'Luck Shot'.

Sorry for any bad spelling)


Posted on 2009-10-13 at 16:52:37.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2036 Posts


A simple shot

The hair at the back of Karra's neck stood on end as she felt the heat of the blaster shot that flew past her. She had faintly hoped that the stormtrooper would at least feign unconsciousness so that she wouldn't have to follow through with her attack. She was a medic, not a soldier; deep down, she didn't really believe anyone to deserve death. Thankfully, her blaster was always set to stun. So, she raised the pistol and fired.

(Standard attack with pistol on stun.
If ST#1 is still standing and shooting, 5ft advance on them)

They're just not going down! Karra thought in disbelief, as she cautiously moved closer to her quarry.

(If ST#1 is felled, Karra will move up and to the right, so she's hidden amidst the containers, using an untrained stealth check if possible... I can't seem to find the rules for hiding, much less how much time in actions it takes)

Karra quickly stepped over the fallen stormtrooper's body, taking refuge amongst the canisters to her right. She crouched, keeping her frame against the far canisters, and hoping she'd be overlooked for the moment.


Posted on 2009-10-13 at 20:24:49.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


WE WILL! WE WILL! ROCK YOU!

Karra vs ST1
The Cathar kept the pressure on the stormtrooper in front of her. Leveling her pistol at point blank range, she squeezed the trigger hoping to end the fight.

Zuuff! The bolt hit the trooper, and Karra could hear an audible “Uhff” escape from the man’s lips but he still did not fall.

They’re just not going down! thought the medic.

The trooper looked to return fire but Karra stepped in, knocking the carbine aside, and the blaster bolt was absorbed by the crates again.

================================================================

Ara and Hako’ib vs THE SLED
The shuttle offered less cover than both Ara and Hako’ib had hoped for.

Damn! The sled is fast! thought the Arkanian as she considered her options.

As if in response to her thoughts, Hako’ib piped in, “I’ve got this one.”

Putting both hands on his pistols, the Twi’lek took careful aim of the stormtrooper’s helmet. Finding his mark, Hako’ib squeezed the trigger.

Nothing!
He squeezed it again… Still nothing!
Ara’ala quickly stepped in, while Hako’ib gave his pistol a shake.

Phwow! The bolt from Ara’ala carbine hit the trooper in the shoulder, but did not bring him down.

Pzizzoo!! Hako’ib’s gun finally worked and the scoundrel was able to fire off a round. Shot went wide, merely marring the sled’s paint.

The trooper wasted no time in barreling down on his “easy” target. Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow! Phwow!
Again, the trooper opened up his cannon on autofire. This time, however, he didn’t miss. Blasts of solid energy slammed into the pair, causing massive damage. Their minds screamed as pain receptors all over their bodies sent signals urging their brains to shut down rather than face the trauma.

================================================================

Ithiria vs the Captain and Co.
The Jedi stood alone, facing off with the Captain and two of his cronies. The one to the right of Ithiria acted first, firing off on the lone Twi’lek, but his shot again went wide. Captain Harnell also leveled his pistol at the Twi’lek with the lightsaber, and his shot too went wide.

Ithiria gathered the Force around her, focusing it. Releasing it, the Jedi slammed the Captain and his nearby trooper into the wall behind them with a sickening “thud”. Both crumpled to the ground, though only the trooper remained still.

================================================================

[OOC: Tough round for the heroes…

Anyway, here’s the details:

1) Karra hit ST1 for 3 points of damage; however, the weapon was set to stun, so only 2 point counts as “actual” damage. He’s still standing.

2) Ara hit ST4 for 6 points of damage; Hako’ib rolls a 1 for his first attack roll, and a 4 for his “lucky shot”, missing; ST4 scored a critical against both of you (ouch), causes 30 points of damage. Both of you are down one step of the “conditions track” (-1 to most rolls) and are at 2 and 3 hit points respectively.

3) Ithiria scored massive damage against the Captain and ST6 (25 points); I spent a force point to increase the damage; ST6 is dead; The Captain is currently prone; ST3 missed.

4) ST5 is still out of sight, as is ST7.



Posted on 2009-10-15 at 05:37:34.
Edited on 2009-10-15 at 05:38:35 by Ayrn

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


His pistol

His pistol had failed him, or he had failed the pistol... nothing was clear, the pain surged through his body. It was almost unbearable, he could only muster the effort to take aim a second time. He knew if he or Ara didn't hit then they were both gonners. He leveled the pistol and put all his effort into aiming and pulling the trigger.

(OOC: Same as last round rearly, he's aiming and pulling the trigger. I'm willing to use all, via two, of my force points to make this shot hit, if it hits then I'd like to use one of the remaining force points to turn the hit into a critical hit, I think you can do that but I'm not sure.)


Posted on 2009-10-15 at 12:03:28.
Edited on 2009-10-15 at 12:46:36 by Loki

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2036 Posts


Let's try again...

As she stepped up, Karra levelled the pistol so that it would point at the trooper's side. She knew that the bolt would only incapacitate him if it was successful, but she didn't want to hit any really vital spots either and risk collateral damage by a weapon malfunction. The trooper seemed to be slightly on the shaken side, hopefully an indication that he was nearly finished. She could hear the cannon of the sled in the back, as well as cries of pain that were obviously from her allies, but she couldn't do anything about that at the moment. In any case, Karra pulled on the trigger, and just hoped.

(One more shot on this trooper... with a force point boost to damage please )


Posted on 2009-10-16 at 16:45:27.

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


ROUND 3

KARRA vs ST#1
He was trapped and he knew it. The trooper desperately wanted out and away from this predator who seemed intent on toying with him before going in for the kill. Panic was beginning to set in, and the man felt it hard to breathe inside of his helmet. Sweat poured down his forehead, causing his eyes to tear-up. In a last-ditch effort, the trooper looked to blast the Cathar square in the chest…

But Karra was much too quick, her instinctual warrior reflexes coming back to her with the surge of adrenaline. She batted the rifle out of the man’s hands easily, sending it skittering to the side. Her other hand jammed her pistol into the opening of the trooper’s armor – the one her claws had opened moments ago – and her fingers squeezed the trigger.

The jolt of energy sent a shock through the trooper’s body before the man went limp. Karra silently and swiftly brought the man to the floor, before moving behind the storage crates to catch her breath.


HAKO’IB & ARA’ALA vs THE SLED
A different story of desperation was unfolding around Hako’ib and Ara’ala. The Twi’lek and the Arkanian had been hit hard by the sled’s cannon, and both felt death close at hand.

For Hako’ib, the thought of his own mortality pushed him to tighten the grip on his pistol. As though trying to direct fate in his favor, the Twi’lek directed all his focus and determination in making this shot. Let’s hope it’s not my last, he thought as he squeezed the trigger.

Pzizzoo!
Fate was apparently smiling upon Hako’ib and his companion for the moment as the bolt from his blaster caught the stormtrooper just under the chin, knocking him off the sled.

Ara’ala used the sudden respite to catch her breath and consider what to do next. “Nice shot, Twik,” she said with a half smirk. Death had seemed to pass them by, if only for the moment.

And it was, indeed, only a moment…
Ara’ala felt a cold tingle of dread up her spine and spun around quickly. In the corner of her eye she caught the blurring movement of white. “Hako’ib!” she cried out in warning.

Hako’ib turned in time to see that, sure enough, a trooper had managed to sneak around from behind the shuttle. Phwow! Phwow!
The Arkanian and the stormtrooper fired off shots simultaneously, each catching the other in the torso. Ara’ala’s blast sent the trooper slamming into the shuttle’s wing before it dropped to the floor. The trooper’s blast sent the Arkanian staggering and as her mind willed her lungs to take in oxygen.


ITHIRIA vs THE REST
The young jedi, seeing her opportunity, closed the distance between her and the standing stormtrooper. Her lightsaber hummed as she brought it bear on the Imperial agent. The man managed to dodge the powerful blow, the lightsaber only leaving a scorch mark alongside his left arm. The stormtrooper was caught off guard by Ithiria’s brash move and his blaster shot merely hit the floor.

Beside them, the captain took a moment to catch his breath and stand up, surveying the scene before him. Almost, as if in response, another stormtrooper entered into the hanger from the control room. “Captain, reinforcements are on their way.”

Rage and pain fuelled the Captain’s words, “Kill the Jedi! I want her head for the Emperor!”

Without delay, the trooper took aim and fired upon the Jedi engaged in melee. The bolt caught Ithiria in the back, between her should blades, the blast almost forcing her into her opponent. She managed to hold footing, but pain surged up her spine.


[OOC: So! A mixed bag this round. Here’s the game mechanics version of the story:

1) Karra has incapacitated ST#1. He is unconscious on the floor. She managed to do so without the use of a force point. I moved her to behind the crates as Reralae had stated two posts earlier. If you wish, I can move her back to her last position. Up to you, Reralae.

2) Hako’ik managed to kill ST#4. He did so using only 1 force point. ST#4 is off the sled.

3) Ara’ala used her swift action to take a “second wind” restoring 11 HP. However, ST#5 managed to hit her for another 7 hp. Which brings Ara’ala to 6 hp remaining. Ara’ala also managed to shoot and kill ST#5.

4) Ithiria missed and did ST#3. The captain stood up from prone and did some other stuff (secretive DM-type stuff ) , so he’s mad as a hornet and ready for action again. ST#7 shot and hit Ithiria for 17 points of damage. (Ithiria did not make her deflect save) Ithiria is down to 36 hp and slid down the condition track one step.

5) So, in summary:

Karra = healthy and hale (full hp)
Hako’ib = near death (3 hp and -1 on rolls)
Ara’ala = pretty near death (6 hp and -1 on rolls)
Ithiria = fairly healthy, but in pain (36 hp and -1 on rolls)

Imperial Captain = Still kicking
ST#3, ST#7 = healthy and hale
ST#1 = unconscious
ST#2, ST#4 – ST#6 = dead

What’s next? You have until Wednesday 11:59 PM! ]



Posted on 2009-10-19 at 16:05:15.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


He had survived, they had survived

His shot found it's mark, and what a mark, just below the troopers chin. “Nice shot, Twik,” he was currently in too much pain to say anything much. “Hako’ib!”A stormie snuck up behind them but Ara saw it off.

Although his body had taken soo much punishment the surge caused by the swift dispatch of the stormie, the praise from Ara and his own brain deciding to release a cocktail of endorphins just for being pleased he was still alive meant he would wrench him out of this rut. His whole body seamed to grown as he pulled himself together, gathering renewed strength from his determination to survive. What ever happened Ara had his thanks, he supposed the wookiees would call it a life debt, maybe they owed one to each other?

To be the one to bring them back to reality he called out to Karra or Ara, whichever was best with electronic locks. Now there were less stormies it was time to worry about a less imminent threat, this was one of his rare times of genius.

"Get the door!"
It was weaker then it would normally be but otherwise it carried easily around the hanger.

He lunched forwards but soon found he was OK to walk, coming round the fount of the shuttle he saw beautiful Ithirias situation, she was between two stormies and the captain, pulling the trigger rapidly he aimed at the captain before returning round the edge of the shuttle to gain some cover.

(OOC: Now that my character isn't dying I can write longer posts. to you Aryn, you've failed this time.

Ok, so this round I'm catching a second wind, moving 4 squares round to the fount of the shuttle, using rapid shot against the captain and then using the remaining 2 squares of movement to move back round the corner of the shuttle. I think that as I've only said 3 words I can get away as that being a free action. I'm also willing to use a force point to hit the officer or to increase the damage against the officer because HE WILL DIE)

EDIT: Replaced the word offier with captain.


Posted on 2009-10-19 at 18:36:35.
Edited on 2009-10-21 at 18:20:24 by Loki

Ginafae
Kool Killer Kitty
Karma: 64/6
1685 Posts


...

Ara slumped against the container behind her, trying wearily to focus the muzzle of her blaster at the Stormtrooper Captain barking orders. But try as she might, she couldn’t manage it. The Captain swam in and out of focus, and her gun circled lazily around the blurry form like a mynock investigating a lit plasma torch.

Come on girl, focus!’ she told herself, willing away the dull ache of the blaster bolts that her suit of armour had only partially absorbed.

To her surprise it worked. The carbine no longer felt quite so weighty in her hands, and her target returned to crystalline clarity.

“This one’s for, Dil,” she whispered as she swiftly pulled the trigger.


OOC: Spending two swift actions to activate her feat ‘Shake it Off’, and then aiming and firing at the Captain. If he’s partially concealed from where Ara is, she’ll make use of the talent ‘Keen Shot’ to negate any penalties.


Posted on 2009-10-21 at 17:07:16.

Reralae
Dire Dust Bunny
Karma: 128/12
2036 Posts


Time to Heal

Karra's ears quivered amidst the crates, her breathing quick, yet steady. Blaster fire, faint thuds from people falling... but she didn't hear, or feel any death throes from her allies. Good. However, that also meant that while they weren't necessarily at Death's Door, they certainly were likely to require medical attention.

Karra ran out from her hiding spot, her eyes skimming over the area in front of her, to find Ara behind one of the many crates in the bay. Thankfully, her speed was enough to reach her very quickly. She looked over Ara's body superficially, although she concentrated on Ara's face. Although the mind didn't always tell the face to show emotion, pain and suffering were easily seen, if one knew what to look for. Karra quickly disconnected her medpac from her belt.

I can't apply any bandages while she has that suit on, Karra quickly realized, So it'll all depend on her body's response to an injection.
Karra quickly prepared a needle, running the calculations in her mind. 15 mg of morphine, to help dull the pain, 20 mg of bacta to be dissolved in the bloodstream to promote healing, and 15 mg of anticol, to help regulate the heart and lower blood loss from internal or external bleeding.
Yet, even as she ran calculations, her hands responded more to her feelings and intuition rather than her own calculations. She even added senticine to the serum, although she wasn't entirely sure what it was that suggested it was a good idea; her logical mind told her that senticine wouldn't do anything. Yet, she went with her intuition, and, finding a thin seam in the stormtrooper suit, she injected the serum.

(Not entirely sure diagonal is considered close enough to use Treat Injury, but if it is, that's what I'll do, using two force points on the skill check

If I can't use Treat Injury on the diagonal... I think Karra would move around to the 'left' (on the map) of Ara, to be more sure she won't be easily fired upon, since she knows she can't heal anyone if she's felled

Oh, and for the record... I made up anticol and senticine )


Posted on 2009-10-21 at 17:33:59.
Edited on 2009-10-21 at 17:36:14 by Reralae

Ayrn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 122/12
1999 Posts


Round 4 - Firefight Chaos... the reign of the 20s

The battle raged on for Ithiria, and the Jedi suddenly realized she was more than out matched. Time for efficiency, she thought to herself. With a swift whirlwind of action, Ithiria’s lightsaber slashed across the stormtroopers torso, easily cutting through the man’s armor and dropping the soldier. In the same fluid motion she spun around to face her remaining opponents.

The Imperial officer, now standing, merely leveled his pistol at the Twi’lek woman, “Die, Jedi.”

Pzizzoo! Phwow! Two shots, one from the officer, one from the remaining trooper, hit the Jedi in the gut, burning through her shirt and flesh. Pain signals flashed all over in her mind, causing her brain to shut down. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and then Ithiria simply slumped to the ground.

From quite a distance, and through quite a bit of pain of her own, Ara’ala spotted the Captain Harnell between the sled and the shuttle. It would be a lucky shot, but the Arkanian shook of the pain for the moment, and brought her carbine to bear down on the officer. Taking Del’s name on her lips, she squeezed the trigger.

Phwow! The bolt of energy shot forth, clearing both the sled and the shuttle, and found it’s mark under the officer’s arm as he fired at Ithiria. The blaster slammed the man into the wall behind him where he lay still.

The remaining trooper watched his commanding officer drop and turned to see who had made the shot. It was the last move he made. Turning his head, he came face to face with Hako’ib’s pistol. “Night-night,” said the Twik as he squeezed the trigger.

Pzizzoo! The blast was devastating, burning a hole through the man’s helmet and head. The force of the blast knocked the man down to the ground.

Karra came bounding out of the storage bay, looking to bring healing for her new companions. Spotting Ara, she rushed over, putting together a “cocktail” for the Arkanian which she hoped would work. Taking a moment to find a soft spot in the armor, the Cathar medic jammed the needle into Ara’ala’s vein, pushing in all the serum.

The cocktail quickly made its way through the Arkanian’s blood stream, rapidly repairing cells and tissue and restoring strength to the mechanics body. Ara’ala took in a deep breath as the serum forced her lungs to take in the increased oxygen needed for the accelerated healing.


And so ended the battle for Blue Deck’s hanger… at least, for the moment…


[OOC: Well… way to go, I suppose.

You’ve managed to take out all the known threats in the hanger. Neither Ara or Karra sense any immediate danger with their “search feelings” check.

STATUS UPDATE:
Lots of 20s rolled this round… WOW!

1) Ithiria crit hit ST#3, before taking two shots from the Captain and ST#7. She is currently lying prone with 1 hp to her name.

2) Ara’ala’s shot on the captain got a 20. Evoking “Dil” seems to be a good thing for her. Captain’s down for the count.

3) Hako’ib was targeting the captain, but Ara’s initiative was better so she went first. I didn’t want to waste his decent shot, though, so I had him target ST#7. Hako’ib hit, but the damage roll was all 1s (blah), so I spent 1 force point to increase the damage and take the man out.

4) Karra rolled a twenty on her treat injury check, so I continued to add her two force points as well. I don’t know what you put in that serum, but Ara’ala is back to full hit points.

So, I think that’s 4 20’s rolled in attack/skill rolls, plus Ithiria, the captain, and ST#7 all rolled 20s for initiative as well.

Anyway, now what? [see Q/A thread for a few more details]

Ayrn.
]



Posted on 2009-10-22 at 17:51:39.

Loki
TRSG 2.0
Karma: 113/94
1606 Posts


Damn 20s

Ithiria was standing her ground against the stormies and the captain, until the captain and last stormie shot her in the gut. The shots burnt through her shirt and she went down, Hako'ibs only hope was that she wasn't dead, oh (What do you say in SW instead of god?) let her not be dead.

He took aim at the captain but a shot came from nowhere and took the captain down, Hako'ib reasoned it must have been Ara, so he quickly readjusted his aim to the last stormie, the last man standing, it was a good shot, better then a good shot, it burnt a hole through the helmet as he toppled backwards dead. Karra was doing something with Ara behind him but his concentration was elsewhere, it was with Ithiria.

"Karra!
He called out urgently.

He helped Ithiria onto her back so Karra could get to the wound easily and spoke to her an a worried voice.

(In Ryl) "Lay still, Karra'll come and help, she can do something about the wound."
Slightly urgently he spoke to Ara.

"Check the captain for a code cylinder, see if you can get into the control room and lock the hanger door."


Posted on 2009-10-22 at 19:04:14.
Edited on 2009-10-26 at 00:14:34 by Loki

Geraint
Regular Visitor
Karma: 12/8
100 Posts


I go away for a few days and OUCH!

Ithiria groans as she is rolled onto her back, her body and head hurting as she looks up seeing hako'ib a soft smile crosses her face Did we get them all? can we go now? she asks softly but with pain in her voice.


Posted on 2009-10-25 at 19:01:34.
Edited on 2009-10-25 at 19:02:14 by Geraint

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.