The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

We currently have 3077 registered users. Our newest member is 404:username not found.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics
Dungeons and Dragons - Kingmaker Adventure Path 2.0 (posted by Sibelius Eos Owm)Kingmaker Game
Q&A Threads - Padre's Chat Game (posted by I-Binary)Padre's Chat Game
Comings and Goings - A New Person is Me (posted by I-Binary)I am New
Dungeons and Dragons - The Island of Putnam the Mad (posted by Ayrn)The Island of Putnam
Q&A Threads - Isle of Putnam- QnA (posted by Odyson)Isle of Putnam- QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Hosting a Game Night
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #11: Keep The Borderlands
Floyd Hobart Filler: Dead Dead Dead
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Forgotten Kings
Parent thread: Forgotten Kings Q&A
GM for this game: Aardvark
Players for this game: Sibelius Eos Owm, Loki, Ion Kired, Tus Lased, Luthor, Baron
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   
    Messages in Forgotten Kings
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

Luthor
Newbie
Karma: 2/2
12 Posts


i am ready too!

Dracone was ready he had all his spells prepared with none used today he couuld call upon magic when he needed to. "I am ready when everyone else is there is little that i need to fight."

Posted on 2009-12-13 at 13:27:51.

Baron
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/10
33 Posts


Avante

"Well then, if we're all ready then I say we go strait away and deal with this problem." Baron simply turns and starts walking towards the residence.

Posted on 2009-12-19 at 16:25:24.

Aardvark
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 6/6
153 Posts


Ooh, short update after such a long break

The two hour trek to Thomas' estate is short and peril-less. The group follows along the main road until they turned on to a path in a lightly forested area. From there it was only a short walk to his estate.

As Thomas' house approaches you feel a cool breeze rush towards you. The sound of waves crashing into the shore slowly grows in volume. Finally as the trees begin to thin out you can see Thomas' estate. It is moderately large and rather tall but otherwise surprisingly uninteresting. From the distance you are from the estate you cannot see any goblins. In fact there are no smashed windows, broken or damaged doors or any signs of forced entry. Through one of the windows in the front of the building you see a warm flickering glow.



Posted on 2010-01-03 at 08:38:57.

Baron
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 3/10
33 Posts


hmmm

Looking to the others Baron say's "Well, it seems we have three options, 1. We could scout the exterior for signs of a fight. 2. Knock on the door and see who answers, and question them. or 3. we can turn around and punt that fellow for trying to get us to rob someone."

Posted on 2010-01-04 at 23:01:33.

Ion Kired
Tapped Out Bullywog
Karma: 45/4
758 Posts


aight then shall we

Hundover walked down the path following the nomad. He watched the critters play in their natural environment and enjoyed the wind that played across his face. Sometimes. He thought to himself watching his companions, You just have to enjoy the little things. Hundover checked his gear as the party neared the house. The estate looked cozy. It wasn't extravagant or ravaged just plain. Plain and cozy. Well not quite the operation I thought we'd be walking into but hey surprises keep us young right? Hundover looked over the estate a little more carefully checking to see how perfectly plain the estate looked. From this location he couldn't quite see the pirate ship and he definitely didn't see anyone carrying anything out. If I was smart I'd make a rob look like nothing was happening. If I planned on hanging out longer than necessary. But why would a pirate want to hang out longer than necessary?

"Well, it seems we have three options, 1. We could scout the exterior for signs of a fight. 2. Knock on the door and see who answers, and question them. or 3. we can turn around and punt that fellow for trying to get us to rob someone." One of the other adventurers What was his name again? said.

"Well let's not jump to any conclusions yet friend." Hundover said watching the light shining through one of the windows. "Jumping to conclusions often gets people killed. Besides our patron doesn't want us to rob anyone. Remember he specifically said not to take anything, which implies there is to be no stealing." Hundover loosened his blade in its sheath. "He also said that our opponent was crafty. However as a pirate he would need a ship and he would need to load he ship with booty before leaving. I was thinking of starting there and working our way toward the house. I think of this as more of an assassination order than a reclaimation. Most groups be they pirates, soldiers, mobs, or what not fall apart easily and quickly if you kill the leader. And I believe our target is the captain who should in some way be overseeing either the operation or the next voyage. I say scout the area before we do anything though, if we weren't lied to then this looks like a trap."


Posted on 2010-01-10 at 02:33:32.

Sibelius Eos Owm
A Midsummer Knight
Karma: 58/5
1167 Posts


Evil-ray vision activate! All I have to do is get a cape and I'm superman! well... not quite

Mattes glanced at the house intermittently while he pulled on his wrist guards and gauntlets. It didn’t look like a place that had been ravaged by goblin pirates. Then again, these were allegedly smart goblin pirates who had been a terror when not previously taken seriously. This would warrant consideration, however. It would be a poor mark of the intelligence of followers of the Lion everywhere if he kicked down the door into a goblin trap.

"Well, it seems we have three options. 1. We could scout the exterior for signs of a fight. 2. Knock on the door and see who answers, and question them, or 3. We can turn around and punt that fellow for trying to get us to rob someone."

Matthias considered his fellow’s words as he shifted his shield onto his arm. No.

"Well let's not jump to any conclusions yet friend." Hundover said watching the light shining through one of the windows. "Jumping to conclusions often gets people killed. Besides, our patron doesn't want us to rob anyone. Remember he specifically said not to take anything, which implies there is to be no stealing." Hundover loosened his blade in its sheath. "He also said that our opponent was crafty. However as a pirate he would need a ship and he would need to load he ship with booty before leaving. I was thinking of starting there and working our way toward the house. I think of this as more of an assassination order than a reclaimation. Most groups be they pirates, soldiers, mobs, or what not fall apart easily and quickly if you kill the leader. And I believe our target is the captain who should in some way be overseeing either the operation or the next voyage. I say scout the area before we do anything though, if we weren't lied to then this looks like a trap."

Motivated by coin or not, the man who had introduced himself as Hundover was dedicated once he started. “We should also keep an eye out for the second boat. Our employer said that the other ship had been pillaged, but it would be foolish to not expect some kind of trap.” Matthias looked to the lit window, (what time of day is it now?) “I’m going to see if I can sense the presence of malice within the house. After that, we can look for the ship, that sounds like a good place to begin.” With that he strode toward the house, not approaching to close, and opened his eyes to the Lion’s gaze. If there were evil goblin pirates inside, their vicious ways would cling to them like burrs to cloth, and if the walls of the house were none too thick, their evilness would show up to his vision as clearly as the road, or the trees.

(Detect Evil at the house. Mattes will report whether he senses anything in that 60ft cone or not, then will follow Hundover down the coast, looking for the ships, probably shooting his evil-rays vision at any possible hiding spot including the house if it’s big enough not to see in one gaze.)

Posted on 2010-01-11 at 20:24:56.
Edited on 2010-01-11 at 20:26:05 by Sibelius Eos Owm

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D RPG Life forums, gamer blogs, D&D resources, roleplaying chat, dungeon maps Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.