The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Recruiting
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins / Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: cdnflirt, Nomad D2, Tiamat5774, Shield Wolf, Celeste
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


The power of chains

(I believe H was linked to Ele, correct?)

Seeing that his chain mate had the same idea he did, Heironymus immediately slipped out of the irons, freeing them for his partner to use as a weapon. Since the others now had the weapons, Hieronymus attempted to move quickly around behind the guard. (Not the guard the half-orc was engaging.) While moving he would keep his eyes out for anything to use as a weapon. As soon as possible he would attempt to attack from behind - he is looking for either a knockout blow - or a chance to tackle and pin the guard.


Posted on 2010-09-15 at 13:41:02.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


what to do ......what to do?

Airion let the shackles and chain slip from his wrist. Kyara began to use it like a whip. He could see Heironymus moving to try to get behind the guard not engaged with the orc kin. Quickly he looked around for the spare set of shackles that the orc kin was carrying. He could not find them anywhere. That would make things more difficult, they could have at least been a defensive tool. It seemed as if it was a three on one battle against the one guard, but the orc kin stood alone. Their would be rescuer at least had a weapon though. Against trained guards none of them would last for long. They needed their equipment.

Without a second thought, Airion rushed back into the cell area and grabbed the theives' tools the orc kin had earlier. Now he just had to get to the chests containing their equipment.

(OOC:Airion plans to get the theives' tools, try to sneak throught the fighting to the chests containing the equipment and try to open them.)


Posted on 2010-09-18 at 19:04:18.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The half-orc move forward menacingly, but the guards are well trained and do not flinch.

Your rescuer lunges forward, sword in hand. But such a simple maneuver is not enough. He easily brings his sword across, parrying the strike. He shifts his momentum, bringing the sword full circle above him and down and across from the opposite side. The half-orc throws himself back at the last second, turning what would easily have been a killing strike, into a minor wound (4 hp damage) as the blade slices across his chest just below the neckline. The guard shouts an alarm, and within moments you can here movement in one of the adjoining rooms.

Kyara and Ele bring up their chains, even as Heironymus and Airion slip free. For a moment they keep their distance, moving about for position and taking measure of their foe. Kyara lashes out first, swinging the chain with abandon, and targeting the guard's weapon. He raises his blade and the chain wraps it once, then twice. Then he smiles. He swings his arm around, wrapping the chain around his blade once more and drawing Kyara two steps closer. His other hand moves to his waist and pulls a long wicked bladed dagger from a sheath hidden at his back.

Ele swings her chain at the guard as well, but loses control. He simple ducks his head a bit and it goes high above him. She then moves to the side to set up for another strike.

Meanwhile, Airion, once free of the manacles, sprints back into the cell block in search of the lock pick set the half-orc left behind.


Posted on 2010-09-21 at 04:12:05.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Stupid, Stupid Guards!

Heironymus watched the melee develop. It was time to contribute. He grabs the nearest decent sized object he can find and attempts to smack the guard in the back of the head with it. At the very least he hopes to disrupt the guards knife attack. It might even knowck him out.

(If there is no weapon, he will attempt to take out the guard at the knees. He is trying to kick/break his knee and knock him to the ground.)

As he hears a commotion in the next room Heironymus also realizes that the time for silence has probably passed. If a group of guards rushes into the room he will target them with a sound burst spell. Unfortunately it is a loud spell, but it is also one of the only things he can offer against a group. But it will be important that he not catch any of the prisoners in the spell.


Posted on 2010-09-22 at 14:05:52.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Half-Orc Ferocity

Gronz winced as the guard's blade sliced through his skin, but the half-orc was not one to be easily deterred by a simple wound. With a violent glint in his eyes Gronz swung again with his flail, hoping to connect this time, eager to return the harm the guard had visited upon him. He silently thanked the powers that be that the majority of this group of prisoners had the guts to stand and fight even with only manacles to fight with, the help would be needed if they hoped to survive this jail break.


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 04:09:24.
Edited on 2010-09-30 at 14:50:21 by Shield Wolf

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kyara

The guards weapons had been caught by the chain unfortunately she grabbed it and tried to pull Kyara to him and and use his dagger on her. If she tried pulling away it would actually make it harder for her to escape the shackle still on one wrist, So she didn't do what he might have expected She move forward towards him m able to to lessen the tension on the chain that he was had grabbed. He most likely was expecting her to pull back and would brace himself against her attempt as he drew his dagger to strike at her as soon as she was close enough. The problem with the dagger as a weapon is that it lacks reach, though it would have been okay to hit Kyara if she was standing close to him. She didn't plan to be. She instead moved towards him lessen the pull. Hopefully she he would be unbalance at the sudden lack of resistance to some extent, or amaybe a lot off balance and doe through his legs dragging his still trapped weapon down through his legs.


Posted on 2010-09-26 at 06:07:10.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ele.

Ele attacks the same guard that is trying to drag Kyara towards him though his sword had been tangled in Kyara's Chain he had drawn a dagger and was using her chain to drag her close. Ele was not prepare for Kyara's next move. She dove down trying to get through his legs dragging his trapped sword with her. She in turned grad her chain and started whirling it as fast and hard as she could in front of herand moved toward the man with the dagger hoping to foul his dagger arm. Shirl whirled it


Posted on 2010-09-27 at 23:37:50.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Time

Hieronymus looks around for an object to swing at the guard. He knew he was moving as fast as he could, yet somehow whenever he got into these life and death situations, which happened more frequently than his mother would like, it felt as if time was standing still. Had he been preparing to smack the guard for weeks now? Or did it just feel that way?

But the strange sense of time slowed down allowed him to scan for a weapon. If none showed, he would use what the gods had given him at birth.


Posted on 2010-10-07 at 18:18:29.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The half-orc swings his flail hard at the guards head, resulting in a sharp CRACK as both his helmet and skull cave in. He collapses to the ground, never to move again.

Kyara rushes the final guard. He loses his balance for a moment but recovers quickly, adjusting his stance as Kyara ceases her charge. Ele swings her chain once again attempting to entangle his other arm. Yet again he avoids the strike, though this time he counters he move with a flying dagger. Despite the danger Ele swings again, this time connecting squarely with the guard's chin. Kyara felt the chain go slack for a second as he stumbled, and a sudden jerk send him sprawling to the floor.

Ele too went down, though the wound the felled her was not visible, though the pained groans that escape her lips hint that she still lives.

Airion stood staring blankly at the chaos that had erupted around him. He knew they must finish this battle quickly. The remaining guards could only be a few seconds away.

Seeing the last guard tumble to the ground and struggle to stand, Heironymus pounced on him instantly. With no apparent weapon at hand (the man's sword still be entanged by Kyara's manacles) he used the weapons the gods had blessed him with at birth and pummeled te man into unconsciousness.

Airion: Perception check 19:
(The guards are approaching from behind another door, there are at least 5 of them and they are likely to arrive in 2-4 rounds)



Posted on 2010-10-09 at 02:08:41.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Gronz

Seeing a break in the action Gronz quickly digs the 2 daggers he had hidden on his person out and holds one out in each hand. "Probably shoulda thought of this sooner, but I have these that someone can use." He then took the swords he could get from the fallen guards and offered them up as well. It seemed they were going to have to do this the hard way, which he had hoped to avoid, the fee he had been paid was not enough to put his life in this much danger. "Prepare yourselves as best you can, we've got a long run ahead of us."


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 02:33:50.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


taking the reins

Airion was confused when he came back into the fighting. He swore that the toosl were left in the cell. When did the orc kin pick them up? He snapped out of his thoughts to see the fight over.
He started looking around at the scene. The orc kin was standing holding out two daggers and the fallen guards swords, Kyara was getting back to her feet along with Heironymus. Where was Ele? He saw her laying on the floor and heard her groan.
Then he heard more guards coming. It sounded like about four or five coming from another room. They had to get positioned for a defense and quickly. There wasn't much time.
He quickly moved over toward the orc kin and took both daggers and the swords. "These would have been helpful before this started. It may have prevented my partner from being harmed." He spoke a bit louder so the others could hear. "We have more guards coming, I'd say at least four, and not much time."

Arion turned toward Heironymus and handed him one of the swords, "Please attend to Ele. Try to get her stable and help us defend ourselves once she is." He slid one of the daggers into his boot and then turned toward Kyara. He held out the sword and the dagger. "Take your pick, I'll use what you leave me."

After Kyara chose her weapon he surveyed the room. He noticed the door that the guards would be coming in opened into the room. There was also a table and four chairs in the room. Arion threw the table onto it's side and positioned it between the door and Heironymus and Ele to give them some extra protection. "Orc kin! Help me break three of these chairs. We'll use the pieces to try to trip them as they enter the room." Arion was moving quickly but not as fast as his mind was. He couldn't keep up with his own thoughts.

After the three chairs were broken and positioned between the overturned table and the door, he placed the fourth chair along the wall just at the edge of what he hoped was the door's opening arc. He turned toward Kyara and the orc kin. "I want you two to position yourselves in front of the table. Draw them as far into the room as possible. I'm going to hide here behind the door and get the jump on them from behind."

(OOC: The weapon I have will depend on what Kyara chooses. The plan is to use the broken chairs to either trip up the incoming guards or make them go around them to get to the others. Hopefully, I have placed the chair right and they don't squish me entering the room.I guess now we just have to see what happens.)


Posted on 2010-10-11 at 03:49:16.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


When did this excape become a battle?

Heironymus accepted the offered sword and moved quickly towards Ele. As he did so he said quickly, "This guard is only knocked out. Someone shackle him with the chains. (Assuming two clamps linked by a chain.) One band on his sword arm, the other on the opposite leg. No need to kill him, but we don't want him awake."

"Is there no otehr way out of this place?!"

Heironymus moves quickly to Ele. He quickly reviews her wounds and decides to cast a healing spell. (Assuming the wound doesn't look bad enough for a level 2 healing spell.) he prepares to quickly cast cure light wounds.

As he works he determines to follow that up with spiritual weapon. (Assuming this creates a weapon that fights on its own - he does not have to weild it himself, correct?)


Posted on 2010-10-12 at 01:22:26.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kyara

Kyara wrest the sword that her manacle chains had entrapped. She takes it up and the shield slipping out of the manacles before she does. While she would like to take a protected defensive position but moves to protect Hieronymus who is ministering to Ele.


Posted on 2010-10-14 at 04:45:28.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Gronz

Gronz assisted in the breaking of chairs and overturning of the table, as much as he hated being told what to do by someone so small. With the broken furniture in place blocking the door somewhat he turned again to the group quickly, knowing they had little time before more assailants rushed them. "This particular door leads toward the Warden's Office, meaning the Warden's personal guard are likely the ones heading this way. I don't know about you four but I have no desire to face them. The door on the wall opposite your cells will lead us toward the exit though, it won't be easy, but the sooner we get out of this damn prison the sooner you can get into hiding somewhere or get in touch with any contacts you have to get you out of town."


Posted on 2010-10-14 at 15:08:19.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Escape

"I'm all for running."

"I'll heal the wounded quickly. Manacle the guard if there is time. Break open the chests. Run. I can cast an obscuring mist behind us if it will help."

Heironymus continues his ministrations and casts cure light wounds (or, again, the level 2 version if appears warranted.)


Posted on 2010-10-14 at 16:56:17.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.