The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4002 registered users. Our newest member is nghedinh3.
Online members: t_catt11, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by t_catt11)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Spamvertize - Olan's Award Winning Chili Recipe (posted by breebles)Olan's Award Winning Chil
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Recruiting
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins / Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: cdnflirt, Nomad D2, Tiamat5774, Shield Wolf, Celeste
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


supplies.....?

Airion sat and listened to the conversation between the other members of the rag tag group. It seems they were discussing a supply list.

He had slept well considering the events of the last few days. Currently, his stomach was growling. He rose and made his way to the kitchen area. He grabbed a fa few things to eat and returned to sit at the table.

Between bites he added his thoughts to the conversation. "It seems I still have most of my equipment and supplies. It would be nice to have at least ten days rations, and a quiver of arrows. It would also be helpful if there was a place to refill my waterskin."

After eating Arion stood up and walked to one of the boarded windows. Looking through the gaps he tried to get a look outside. (Assuming he can see anything and especially the sky) "We may want to get a move on. We have about two hours until our escape from this city"


Posted on 2010-11-15 at 13:48:19.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Quarlin

"Good, then we apparently agree that time is of the essence. If I could get the money for the supplies, I'll get us the food, ammo, and other needs. I should have no problem moving through the city. Bolt the door behind me and upon my return my knock will be three fast knocks and two slow ones, so that you will know it is me. I will do my best to hasten my return so we can prepare to leave this city and begin our journey."





Posted on 2010-11-16 at 19:05:49.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

Quarlin has little issue acquiring the needed supplies. he returns in an hour with 2 weeks worth of rations for each person and two quivers of arrows for each of the party's archers as well as the soap that Kyara requested. He did have to hire a porter to help carry it all, but he was careful. A little over a block away he paid the man and had him deposit what he was carrying beside a nearby building, then picked up everything and carried it the remainder of the distance himself.

Everyone in the group is a bit on edge due to current circumstances. As such, when the pattern of knocks came at the door (three quick and two slow) more than one person jumped a little bit, but pride kept anyone from mentioning it.

Now, only a single hour remains before the party is due at the gate. Those that remained behind had been discussing possible options (I assume). All that remained was to solidify a plan and get to the gate before their window of opportunity passed.

Airion, who had been paranoid enough to be constantly looking out the window, had noticed a marked increase in guard activity over the past hour, though they are not organized patrols. It seems more like unorganized guardsmen running about individually for some unknown purpose.

(OOC: I will subtract the gold spent on supplies from the platinum left fot the group, and post a "Group Funds" section up on the Characters thread.)


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 01:25:04.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


A plan

As the porter started setting stuff down, from under Quarlin's cloak was pulled a box with a carrying handle.

"I may not know any of the illusory magics yet to disguise us, but with my own money I took the liberty to purchase a disguise kit. This should help us all get to the gate and out of the city all the easier."


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 05:00:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Kyara

Kyara walked over first took her share of the supplies and packed them away in her pack. "Let's see what we can do then witth that kit of yours.

"I could perhaps try to pass as a beardless youth It would not be much ot bind my breasts and wear more common clothes. Though, I will need to for something about my hair." Kyara had often done that as she traveled the roads, an unaccompanied female was fair game for some less scrupulous persons.


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 05:27:43.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2381 Posts


A disguise

"I am no expert in disguise, but I have had to conceal my identity plenty of time in the past. But I don't know this city well, and as such am open ot any suggestions you might have."

"What types of groups travel out of the city here? Is there a way for us to appear like a merhcants group or such? Should we remain as one large group, or several smaller ones? "

"I could wear my armor and act as a guard. Or perhaps we should switch roles since in all likelihood they will be looking for a cleric that matches my appearance. Carrying a blade tends to remove a lot of the clericish image."


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 14:58:26.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


As I said before

"Well I plan to wear a wig of some sort to hide the fact that I am hairless. 'Twould lesson my likeness as an Umbral and maybe shake those tailing me. For you Kyara, if you are set on disguising yourself as a man, your face could do with some hair. Here's a fake mustache for you."

Quarlin helps the others with their disguises in order to get it done quick enough to get to the gate and out of the city.

((OOC: not sure, but helping them should get a bonus for them with an aid check or some kind of synergy check. Not to tell anyone what to do, but, everyone should describe their disguise cause it will effect what kind of bonus you all receive on your disguise checks. Pg.95 of the PF core rule book says:

Disguise Check Modifier
Minor details only +5
Disguised as different gender(1) –2
Disguised as different race(1) –2
Disguised as different age category(1) –22
Disguised as different size category(2) –10
(1) These modifiers are cumulative; use all that apply.
(2) Per step of difference between your actual age
category and your disguised age category. The steps
are: young (younger than adulthood), adulthood,
middle age, old, and venerable.))


Posted on 2010-11-18 at 06:55:27.
Edited on 2010-11-18 at 13:05:21 by Tiamat5774

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

With the help of Quarlin and his handy disguise kit, you all don the images of othr people. A scar added here, a wig or two and some well placed make-up does a relatively good job of transforming the grup into strangers, so far as you can tell.

It takes time to complete the endeaver however. By the time everyone is safely disguised you have only about 30 minutes or so to reach the gate.

The party leaves their hideaway as a group, but quickly disperses, each taking their own path towards the gate. Quarlin and Heironymus each draw suspicious gazes from passing patrols, but over all the disguises seem to be working as planned.

At the end of the road stands the south gate. The gate is currently open, but swarming with guards. You notice a pair wolf-like humanoids, one on each side of the gate that seem to be sniffing for a scent as people pass by. The gate is not heavily trafficked, but there are several groups of people moving through it, some coming in, some going out.

You make subtle contact with each other, hiding in pairs at various ground-level viewpoints. You have all made it to the gate safely, now you wait on whatever "arrangements" have been made.

Just as you are beginning to question the wisdom of trusting a shadow-clad stranger whom none of you know, A dark-skinned elf strays out into the open. He is likely the strangest elf you have ever seen. He is clad in very fine, if strange, garb that displays almost every imaginable color. Bright hues of purple swirl into yellows and blues as he strides confidantly towards the gate. The guards bristle at his approach, putting thei hands on their weapons. The two wolves crouch slightly, and growl deep in their throats.

The elf stops a score feet inside the gate and bows deeply, sweeping off his bright pink barret and brushing along the ground as he does so.

"Greetings fine guardsmen... and animals..." The snarling grows slightly louder. "I see you are doing a fine job protecting us from... whatever it is out there you are so afraid of. Oh don't get so bent out of shape. It was a compliment good fellows. Afterl all, we wouldn't want a horrible vorpal bunny rabit tearing through our town now would we."

Both of the wolves takes several steps forward and snarl loudly in response. "Take care your words stranger. Your kind are suspicious enough as it is." one of them says in a deep, feral tone.

"Well, then I suppose I shall have to choose them more carefully so that there is no confusion." the exoticly clad elf replies. "Let me try this out... Your mother sleeps with vermin. Yes, that was quite plain. Was it too over the top for a mangy animal to understand?" Several members of the gather crowd snicker in amusement. That was the last straw.

The wolfmen howl loudly and charge the man with reckless abandon. One of them reaches the elf and slashes hard with a claw... and hits nothing but air. The elf disappeared, only to reappear several feet to the right.

"Am I too quick for those catlike reflexes? Oh wait I forgot. You're a dog..."

The other wolfman attacks biting and clawing but with each strike the man disappears from where he was and appears somewhere else. By this point some members of the crowd are laughing hysterically, and the other guards at ground level are moving to restrain (or assist?) their wolfen comrades.

It is then that you notice the movements of the elf were not quite so random as you supposed. He has moved a good distance from the gate now, and all attention seems to be on him.


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 19:04:48.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Quarlin

The group left the confines of the safe house together and dispersed in pairs, after Quarlin wished everyone luck on whatever path they chose to take to the gate.

Once there at the appointed meeting place, they waited for some kind of sign that it would be safe to exit the gate, which apparently not now seeing how heavily guarded the gate was. The group's disguises may fool the humanoid guards but not the wolf-like creatures that were sniffing people coming and going and passing by.

Suddenly, with a flare for the dramatic, a strange elf-like creature/Person dressed charismatically in bright colors picks a fight (if you can call it that) with the dogs and guards, drawing them away from the gate.

From their hiding spot, Quarlin and Heironymus watched the spectical. Then Quarlin said,"It looks as if now is as good a time as any."

Quarlin gave the closest hiding pair in sight, a motion signal to go, and after Quarlin makes his way nonchalantly, hoping Heironymus follows, to the gate and out if at all possible.


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 21:24:14.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2381 Posts


A better escape plan!

As the elf dodged about making the wolfmen look silly, Heironymus grew to appreciate the tact that would help them escape. At the very least, it was better than fighting armed guards with a set of manacles!

When the others nod slightly and move out, Heironymus follows right behind them. He doesn't hurry, but seeks to make sure that they are all through the gate before the wolffish noses have returned to their poses. Just walk on out . . .


Posted on 2010-11-23 at 17:24:56.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Gronz

After a solid night's rest the half-orc gathers his things and grudgingly accepts the proposed disguising tactics of the bald stranger. Something didn't feel right about this whole situation, but leaving town was as good a way as any to wait for things to blow over. He made his way quickly through the city to the appointed gate, with the skill and precision of someone who knew the back alleys and streets of the city that was his long time home.

Arriving at the gate he paused, motioning to the person with him (since it was never really stated who was paired with who) to pause when he noticed the "bloodhounds" stationed at the gate, a nickname some of the rogues within his guild had given the lupine creatures the guards employed to find people when normal techniques failed. Not many disguises could fool the nose of one of those beasts. He shook his head and cursed under his breath, that was until he noticed the brightly clad figure approach. When all chaos broke out it clicked in his mind that this was the distraction they had been promised in their orders, this was how they'd get past the gatekeepers.

He motioned his companion to follow closely, making his way through the crowds toward the gate, knowing that this distraction would only last for so long.


Posted on 2010-11-26 at 17:24:53.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

Your party clears the gate with little problem. The tensions of the group concealed only by their deliberate attempt to hide them. Two score feet outside the gate you hear a voice behind you.

"Hey! You! Stop!"

A single guard comes running out of the gate at a light jog, his weapon still sheathed at his waist. When he catches up with the group (assuming no one shoots him or anything) he hands Kyara a folded up piece of parchment discreetly.

"Shadows watch over you."

Without another word he turns back to the gates, waves off the approaching contingent of guards and walks back into the city.

The note itself reads as follows:

"Your mount was a great companion for you, and a treasured friend. Yet friends and enemies alike will fall in the battles ahead. He (or she as the case may be) was only the first. You and your companions must keep to your tasks if you are to survive through what lies on the horizon."

"Trust these words or not, it is up to you. But they are the truth. Things are happening that are much larger than your desire for vengeance for your faithful steed, larger than anything that has occurred in recent history."

"Travel well. I will see you soon."

There is no signature or salutation on the note.


Posted on 2010-11-28 at 16:02:26.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2381 Posts


Over the river and through the woods

When the man called out to "stop!" it was all Heironymus could do not to take off at a sprint. But he had dealt with guardsmen before, and the best choice was usually to assume nothing was wrong and not do anything to arouse suspicion. So he and the others waited for the guard to come closer.

After the note was passed and the guard left, Heironymus let his breath out slowly. The appeared to have made it out of the city. But he still wanted to put some distance between himself and the town as quickly as possible. But first, the note . . .

(Assuming the contents were shared with all)

"Well, that doesn't add much. We have a journey ahead of us. Let us continue." With that the cleric turned and headed off down the road/path.

*To the group - I assume that at this point there isn't much for us to do but continue towards wherever we were headed - the house in the woods. It seems we, or at least a few of us, should have a vague idea of where we are going. Is there anything to discuss? Also, don't we need a marching order? And exactly who all is in the group at this point?


Posted on 2010-12-03 at 20:06:54.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


a hiking we will go....

Glad the ordeal at the gate was over and even mre joyed at being out of that damn city, Airion let out a sigh of relief.

Altough, he tensed up and his hand gripped his dagger as soon as he heard a voice and the word "stop". He only slightly turned his head as the rest of the group came to a stop and Kyara received the letter. (assuming contents is shared...)

"More vague information." Airion said with a sarcastic tone. "I trust not the shadows, but I have a keen respect for them. Hopefully, we can figure this all out soon."

The party started off again and Airion followed. "we should have someone scout out ahead on our path just to be safe. I'll bring up the rear. I'm keeping the disguise on for now and would recommend the same, at least until we know we are safe."


Posted on 2010-12-06 at 11:23:59.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

Having safely escaped from the city the party seemed to have no choice but to head for the mysterious Shadowthorn Mansion mentioned by the stranger clad in shadows.

For two days they hiked westward, trying to stay a bit off of the road to ensure they were not seen and collected by any authorities that may be looking for them. No sign of scent of the trail they were meant to follow yet presented itself. On the third day the entered into a denser part of the forest. The undergrowth here was almost impenetrable for most. Only the wood wisened ranger was able to make her way without slowing the group's pace considerably. It was about midday that their road became plain to them.

"Welcome to the Shadow's fold." A soft voice can be heard in your head. It is a voice that seems almost soothing yet strong and slightly threatening at the same time. "The Master bids you welcome."

The shadows of the forest just to the north seem to shift in the moonlight, revealing a well-lit path that wasn't there a moment before.

"Have no fear." the voice continues, "You will come to no harm, for you are under the Master's protection. You will find the estate you seek at the end of the northern path, less than a mile from here. He awaits you."



Posted on 2010-12-07 at 09:32:25.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.