The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is ansonn.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Odyson)Destiny's Flight
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by SilentOne)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
Related thread: Realms of Twilight Recruiting
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins / Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: cdnflirt, Nomad D2, Tiamat5774, Shield Wolf, Celeste
This game is on hiatus.
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29   
    Messages in Realms of Twilight - A Journey Begins
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The fire in the center of the room burned slowly, illuminating the entirety of the chamber, without seeming to consume much of the substance that fueled it.

It was impossible to tell how much time had past as Heironymus and Quarlin studied the doors. Fatigue was setting in, seeping deep into the bones of the wounded rogue, and the others were beginning to feel it as well.

With a watch rotation discussed and set the group bedded down for a much needed rest. Muscles ached from the long climb, as well as the repaired wounds they had suffered in their battle with the winged creatures.

_________________________________________________________________
Middle of the rest cycle - Quarlin's watch When Quarlin awoke for his watch he felt drawn to the symbols of the doors, yet intent on hiding his urge to study. He managed to control himself long enough to hear the soft snores of Heironymus (who had taken the first watch) before being consumed by the strange symbols.

Some time Raina woke to the sound of a sudden burst of sound as the fire crackled loudly, settling slightly on the still burning substance. It was strange... she felt well rested, and so must have slept long enough. Shouldn't it have been her watch by now?

She looked around to see Quarlin crouched by one of the doors (Path of Power for easy reference) with his eyes locked on the strange, interweaving symbols. He didn't move, or even blink as she shifted in her bedroll, preparing to get up and get ready for her watch. He just... stared blankly at the door.

OOC: Sorry about the delay in the update. Currently Heironymus is sleeping, Raina has just awoken and Quarlin is... well there. The fire doesn't seem to be consuming any fuel at all, yet the fuel has shifted since it was lit. The doors have not been opened or moved.


Posted on 2011-08-18 at 13:39:27.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


ZZZZZZ

Heironymus sleeps silently because snoring in a small enclosed space would be rude.


Posted on 2011-08-20 at 19:32:55.

Celeste
Hippy-snapper!
Karma: 138/3
1049 Posts


Raina ~ wakey wakey

The fire crackled and popped. Raina’s eyes slowly opened. It was so warm lying there next to the fire, and she took a moment to relish the feeling of restfulness in being able to wake up naturally.

Waking up naturally…
She sat up abruptly. Since she had been traveling, there had yet to be a time where anyone woke up naturally. It was usually at a shake of the shoulder for a change of the watch. Heironymus slept soundly close by, but Quarlin looked completely mesmerized by one of the doors. It was eerie. Not wanting to deal with the problem on her own, she leaned over and started to shake the cleric gently.

The Gods forbid something’s spellbound Quarlin,” she thought to herself as she softly spoken Heironymus’ name.


OOC: Sorry guys, I know its been waiting on me. Darn you RL! Summer's winding down, so I'll be able to keep updated on a regular basis.



Posted on 2011-08-28 at 13:40:06.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Wakey, Wakey

"Heironymus"

The cleric heard his name being spoken quietlya nd quickly roused from a deep slumber. Trips in the wild quickly taught one how to sleep deeply quickly - and how to wake equally as quickly. At least it felt quick to the cleric.

Raina was speaking his name. Upon waking he looked around and quickly spotted the cleric. Raina's nod in that direction helped as well. He didn't know what was going on.

The two exchanged quizzical looks and slowly approached Quarlin. Was it better to speak or get a look first? He didn't know? So the two of them approached from opposite sides - trying to keep some distance while getting a front view - incase he Quarlin did something in his haze.

The slowly approached and looked . . .

(I'm assuming the action here because it seems fairly obvious, at least to me. Feel free to change it if needed.)


Posted on 2011-08-29 at 01:29:47.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


The Door (not the band, The Doors)

Quarilin, watched the door, the path of power, mesmerized by its intricate and changing patterns as his mind struggled to make sense of what he was seeing. He was only half aware that he was in a trance of sorts. It was kind of a waking dream state, where all he really saw was the door. All else was blurry, fuzzy, and dim in his peripheral vision. With his eyes glazed over, looking as milky yellow pearls iridescently reflecting the flickers of firelight, there was nothing in his world now but the door and its enigmatic, kaleidoscopic variations in patterns. Was it a message of some kind? Quarilin struggled with that question in his mind as time seemed to wax and wane on the verge of meaninglessness.

(OOC not sure what Im supposed to be getting from looking at this door, but in character I have basically lost myself in watching it. More so than anyone should lose one's self in anything).


Posted on 2011-08-29 at 04:04:38.
Edited on 2011-09-03 at 04:54:48 by Tiamat5774

Celeste
Hippy-snapper!
Karma: 138/3
1049 Posts


Raina ~ Hey! *kick* Wake up!

Her eyes flicked to Heironymus before she sighed.

Guess I'm doing it.
The Umbral continued to sit motionless as they approached him. His yellow eyes had a really creepy look to them, almost like they had been covered in shimmering gauze. She tried not to look at the door as she positioned herself behind him.

“If this doesn’t work,” she muttered to the cleric out of the corner of her mouth, “I’ve got smelling salts we can try.”

Her right had strayed to one of her daggers, but she didn’t grab it. The Gods forbid intentions would come off wrong; or leave her unprepared. With her left, she grasped Quarlin’s shoulder and began to shake it.

“Quarlin.”


Posted on 2011-08-29 at 14:02:22.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Quarilin

He was only just aware of garbled speech. Then a shaking of his shoulder. He then jolted awake only to close his eyes, and lurch forward. With a thud he hit the ground waking again from the sudden inertial change.

Quarilin sat up, blinking his dry eyes for moisture, and looked around at his surroundings, his gaze falling on his fellow adventurers.

"Raina? Heironymous? What's going on? Is it my watch already?"

Feeling confused, and even more so perplexed at the looks of concern from his companions, his last thoughts before falling into a trance began to flow like molasses back into his head. This was no longer a time for secrets.

"You two are going to think I'm crazy but, something in the fire told me to study the doors for the path. I'm not sure the path has been revealed to me yet. Maybe on a subconscious level, but I don't remember much. It seems to me as if I only began watching the patterns only a moment ago."


Posted on 2011-09-01 at 21:56:37.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2341 Posts


Doorways, the gateway to imagination

"Hmmm . . . well, they all have messages anyway. Did you get anything from your studies besides a headache? It is probably about time to pick a door to go forward. Any suggestions?"


Posted on 2011-09-06 at 01:57:58.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Doorways to the unknown

"Well,as i said, I don't remember anything being imparted to me, but this: The door I was studying is the "Path of Power". I believe whatever path we take, the path will test us. Seeing as it is a cult we seek, followers of a given religion, we would need a "Path of Faith" instead. You were also studying a doorway. Did something in the fire set you upon such a study? What did your study reveal to you?"

After a sufficient pause to allow for a response, Quarilin says,"Well I think we need to get moving and explore further, but I will agree with the consensus of the group's decision as to which path we take and what we do next. I'm actually at a loss for ideas at the moment."


Posted on 2011-09-06 at 03:45:55.

Celeste
Hippy-snapper!
Karma: 138/3
1049 Posts


Raina ~ Let's see what's behind Door number 2!

“Something in the fire? Quarlin…” she looked at him doubtfully.

Raina turned to face each of the doors in turn. They did nothing but make her slightly ill; the patterns still seemed to be giving her some type of vertigo effect.

“If you haven’t figured out anything more in your hours of staring at that door, then I’m forced to agree with Heironymus’s earlier conclusion. I say the Path of Faith. We are, after all, looking for a cult.” She shrugged her shoulders and continued, “Besides, I’m not on bad terms with Elarii at all.”

At least I hope I’m not, she mused silently to herself. He’d probably get a kick out of how we are all being manipulated for a greater cause.


Posted on 2011-09-06 at 14:39:21.
Edited on 2011-09-06 at 14:43:18 by Celeste

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


in agreement

Quarilin shrugs,"I didn't say that nothing came from my time of studying the Path of Power, I'm only saying that the benefits might not be obviously evident. However, I am in full agreement. We should take the path of faith with Heironymous taking point. If the path does test us, he would be the most likely to know how to pass its tests."

Quarilin grabs his gear and prepares to move on from this foyer and into the unknown.

"Ready when you all are.", he says with a quirky smirk.


Posted on 2011-09-13 at 19:12:15.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.