The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Name generator help! (posted by t_catt11)Name generator help!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring
Related thread: RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring - Q&A
GM for this game: Merideth
Players for this game: Steelight, Ion Kired, Tus Lased, Shield Wolf, Dakarta, speeddemon, Mahargave
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring
RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


So it begins

Zeph Blighthunter
Outside Armory
Tuesday Morning

Zeph gasped for air after the strike in his chest, coughing even as Sintan lunged forward in his defense.

((since I have no way of knowing if the stunning fist will stun me I'll keep my reactions verbal))

"No fool, I listen clearly, even from the start you suggested weapons, citing a particular weakness to silver and fire. Had you even been remotely willing to think before acting then weapons would not have been your first suggestion! You are all alike, all vile evil animals, lashing out at anything that is different!"

((If not stunned by the attack then Zeph will draw the scimitar he has and move in to assist Sin, flanking if possible, if he is stunned then I guess he gets to watch in horror as Sin fights for both their lives))


Posted on 2010-03-16 at 22:22:23.
Edited on 2010-03-18 at 03:35:42 by Shield Wolf

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


Time to choose

Dammit Darkon thought to himself it’s just like last time. Well last time I didn’t pick a side and it didn’t turn out well. No more staying on the sidelines. Time to choose. He quickly realizes that he wants to help the goblin and hopefully prevent more fighting, and steelight is being to rough with the imps when things could be solved more peacefully. Darkon sees Steelight punch at the goblin and he realizes things are spiralling out of control fast. He steps in front of the goblin and draws his blades facing Steelight. He says to Steelight “hasn’t there been enough fighting. We should try to peacefully talk this out, but if you do want a fight then take it on with someone your own size.” Preparing to fight Steelight should he come at him, but still willing to listen to Steelight and let him stop the fighting.

(OOC: I’m putting myself in between Zeph and Steelight with a readied action to attack if Steelight doesn’t back down. Two scimitars +5/+5 atk bonus dmg 1d6+5/1d6+2)


Posted on 2010-03-16 at 23:03:33.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


cough cough

Zeph Blighthunter
Outside Armory
Tuesday Morning

Still gasping for breath Zeph coughs a forced couple words at the elf that has stepped in between him and the human, "I do *cough cough* do not think *cough* that he is going to *cough* listen to reason *cough cough*."

((Btw, Sin would attempt to trip, bringing her foe prone and more to her level, just thought I'd point that out))


Posted on 2010-03-17 at 00:28:46.
Edited on 2010-03-18 at 03:36:07 by Shield Wolf

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Out of Control...

Things were out of control. Merideth stood in the shadows, her sharp blue eyes watching as things unfold. Her lips draw into a tight frown.

This has gone far enough…
Stepping out of the shadows and making a gesture with her fingers for the other woman standing in the shadows, the one who had run into the lecture hall announcing the ‘revolt’. As soon as the gesture is made her hands move to her hips and she shouts above the din rising up around her students.

“THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH!” She repeats out loud this time.

“He does not have to listen to reason… he has to listen to ME.”

The woman beside her raises her hand and utters a few words and suddenly Steelight finds himself unable to move.

Merideth drags her eyes to Steelight and stares into his. “Now… are you going to listen to me?”

She does not need to employ her magic user to calm down the imps though. They put down their signs, and shuffle around almost embarrassed looking. One of them mutters “Regrettable of course our the actions…” She pays no attention to the imps apology however.



Posted on 2010-03-17 at 00:53:58.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Motionless

Steelight stands motionless, paralyzed in a fighting stance by the strength of the spell. He hears the professor's words, but his eyes remain locked on the goblin.

Only after several moments pass does his gaze move sharply to Professor O'leary. Where before there was nothing but respect and admiration, now the fires of rage and simmering hatred fill his eyes.

Slowly the rage fades from his eyes, replaced by the usual disciplined and emotionless gaze he normally possesses as he stares into Professor O'Leary's eyes.


Posted on 2010-03-17 at 01:47:44.
Edited on 2010-03-17 at 17:28:30 by Steelight

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


bloodlust

Zeph Blighthunter
Outside Armory
Tuesday Morning

Realizing the threat had been neutralized Sin returned once again to Zeph's side, eager to make sure he was okay. The Goblin absently ran a hand through the wolf's coat all the while staring at the monk locked in place.

It would be so easy to just hamstring him right now and be done with him, but I must control myself or face a similar or worse fate myself..


Posted on 2010-03-17 at 02:56:54.
Edited on 2010-03-18 at 03:40:45 by Shield Wolf

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Stuck in the hallway and missing out on all the fun

Kiirnon Talren
Ouside Armoury
Week 1: Tuesday morning

Kiirnon had arrived at the Armoury with the rest of the group. A few of the others, started making their way through the mob of imps. The monk that had suggested the silver weapons was at a door and just about to open it. I don't even know where to start. I have no clue what is past this mob and behind those doors. I wish I would have gotten that tour already. Perhaps I can help someone else.
Kiirnon stepped into the Armoury proper, and was about to ask where he could help, when off to his right the monk opened a door releasing an enormous purple die. The die was cutting a path through the mob of imps and the rest of the students who had made their way into the mob. Kiirnon stepped back into the hallway leading into the Armoury. The rolling monstrosity was still coming. He took a quick look around and saw no other way to go but back into the hallway. He took another step back as the die came closer, slowing to a stop just before him.

"That was close." he said as he let out a sigh. The problem now was that this enormous die now blocked the way into the Armoury proper. Well this is just great. I'm stuck over here and they may need help.
Kiirnon took a moment to think about his options. Do I try to push the die out of the way? No that would cause it to go rolling again and do more damage. The gaps between the die and the wall were too small for me to fit through. Those angles and number indents would make great handholds for climbing. I can't see how much space I have up above though. Damn this thing is big! Well, for now I'll try yo see what is happening.
Kiirnon peered through a crack that allowed him to see a good amount of the Armoury proper. He saw the goblin helping up some of the imps as the monk emerged from the door he had opened with a set of silver nuchaku tucked in his belt. The monk then started yelling at the imps. He couldn't hear everything but made out that they were being given a choice to play nice or go home. Then the goblin stood up to the monk and started yelling a him. this is not going well at all.
"Damn it looks like they may need some help after all."

Continuing to stare helplessly at the situation he saw the monk strike the goblin, and the wolf lunge for the monk. The goblin was speaking again, but he couldn't hear his words. Then the elf drew his swords, and jumped in to defend the goblin. now that is strange. The situation was tense from what he could see and had escalated to this point quickly this is an unfair fight. someone will be hurt or killed and I am sure it won't be the monk. He seemes too experienced and focused. If I could just get in there and subdue that fool elf, or the goblin. Then perhaps it might calm down. Just then Kiirnon saw the professor emerge from the shadows. The professor gave another woman standing just in the shadow a signal. He couldn't tell what had happened but the monk looked frozen in place and the professor was speaking to him. The imps had stopped the revolt, and began what looked like celebrating. One imp stopped and seemed to be speaking to the professor. As far as he could tell she didn't notice. With the situation calmed some what Kiirnon saw a chance to get out of the hallway.

"Excuse me! I know the situation is tense, but I'm trapped here in the hallway! If anyone could spare a moment I would appreciate some help in getting out please!" Kiirnon yelled loud enough to be heard or at least hoped he did. I guess now I just wait


Posted on 2010-03-17 at 16:37:47.
Edited on 2010-04-13 at 18:22:13 by Dakarta

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Consequences...

Steelight finally managed to pull his gaze from the goblin and fixed his burning rage at her. Professor O’Leary never flinched as the fires came across her visage. Her features were still pulled taunt and she simply stared back him. After all she had been through intimidation from a student was simply not going to work. Keeping her eyes locked in his, showing him that she held no fear and reminding him that she was the one in control of this situation, she spoke again.

“Another failed challenge… This is NOT how I expected this year to begin. The failure of one, is the failure of all…” Her eyes moved off of Steelight’s for a moment to scan over her students. “Working together as a team is the only way you will survive when you leave these halls. And it is the responsibility of… every… single… member… to maintain that teamwork.” Her eyes tick over the students one by one as she speaks.

“The only people who have acted properly in this situation are the imps, who have done well in living up to my expectations.” Her eyes soften for but a second as she takes in the small stout frames bustling around trying to clean up after their ‘revolt’. “So not only shall they receive the reward we had negotiated early this morning, but I think I shall also pass the reward I had intended to provide you with when you succeeded at this task.”

The imp who had been apologizing for their failure positively beamed at this. “Harmonious socks!? And… and…”

For the first time since stepping out of the shadows a smile crept onto her face and she nodded. “Yes… ‘harmonious socks’ three pair for each of you… and an amazing feast with a very large turkey as the crowning jewel of it, for a job well done.”

Around the students the imps erupt into celebration. Tiny creatures dancing arm in arm, shouting out in joy, salivating at the thought of a turkey dinner, some even so excited about the new socks they are pulling off their old socks and spinning them over their heads. Merideth smiles at the simply joy she has brought them but then returns her attention to her students and the smile slides from her face, the edge returns to her voice.

“The rest of you… on the other hand… are on kitchen duty for the remainder of the day. The gruel you will be eating for dinner has a nasty habit of sticking to the pots, the bowls, the spoons… the floor when it is spilled. I want the kitchen sparkling clean before dinner… and there is no cheating. Magic cannot be used in there, elbow grease and your tears will clean it.”

“Zeph. You will report to my office, immediately! Leave the wolf and your issues with authority outside…”

“And Steelight… when that spell fades you will do the same. Take the time between now and then to settle your anger, for it will not be acceptable in my office.”

“And someone help Kiiron out from behind that die!” She orders as she turns on her heels and storms off. The female magic user sinks back into the shadows when the Director leaves.



Posted on 2010-03-18 at 18:33:12.

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


All in all

Darkon
Day-2
Armory
Well that could have gone worse, or I suppose better depending on how you look at it Darkon thought to himself. He then moves over to the giagantic purple die (If it is 400 lbs or less than Darkon lifts it over his head and carries it back to where it came from, if it's 800 lbs or less he just carries it off the ground to back where it came from, if it's 2000 lbs or less he pushes and pulls it back, if it's more than that he just struggle at pulling and calls for aid from the others). As Darkon heads off to start his punishment he realizes that he was pretty lucky to get away with just having to do the dishes because he entered that fight as well, even though he didn't really do anything. Anyways he thinks to himself it's not like i'm completly getting off the hook as he thinks of all the gruel encrusted bowls to clean.


Posted on 2010-03-19 at 02:51:43.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Free from the rolling death

Kiirnon Talren
Armoury Proper
Week 1: Tuesday morning

Kiirnon sat looking out one of the available spaces. He could see a large area where the other students were. He saw the monk paralyzed, and the goblin exiting through a different passageway. The half elf with the tap shoes was sitting on the floor, apparently checking to see how bad his wounds were. The other halfling and the elf were making their way through the now receding mob of imps. The halfling stopped and looked himself over once he was through. The elf kept walking toward the die. The elf disappeared from view, but Kiirnon realized he was trying to move the die. (OOC: I assume this is one heavy die, but i'll edit if not) The elf starts to budge it a bit. Kiirnon began trying to push a bit from his end to help, but was weary that it would break loose too quickly. As the two were trying to move the die, a large group broke off from the celebrating imps and approached the die. As they arrived at the die, two of the imps start to shoo away the elf as the rest took up positions around the die. Kiirnon backs away as a few imps squeeze through the largest of openings into the hallway and take positions on his side of the die. In unison the imps lift the die slightly off the ground and begin marching it back to it's proper spot.

Looks like I can finally join everyone else
Kiirnon looks at the elf and dips his head slightly as he walks into the armoury proper. He looks around at the walls, ceiling, and doors admiring the architecture and sheer size of the room he now stands in. Kiirnon turns and addresses the elf, "Thank you for your help."

Kiirnon is now standing in the center of the room with the others spread out around him. I guess I should introduces myself. It's a shame the goblin left already. Well everyone, I know this may not be the best time , but I thought I should introduce myself to everyone. I am Kiirnon Talren. I'm glad to meet all of you. I do wish it was on better circumstances though." As he introduces himself he looks at each of the other students. I'm not sure I quite want to reveal my heritage yet. I'm not sure how they will react. After he introduces himself he walks over to the monk. In a softer voice he says but a few words. "I think you were justified. I hope when you are done with the professor we could talk sometime."

Spinning back around toward the rest of the students Kiirnon speaks up again. "So, I guess we all have to go clean the dining hall now. If someone would lead the way I'll follow. I haven't quite had my tour yet, so I have no clue where to go."


Posted on 2010-03-22 at 16:19:02.
Edited on 2010-04-13 at 18:53:07 by Dakarta

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Insubordinate AND Ugly

Zeph Blighthunter
Prof. O'Leary's Office
Tuesday Morning

Zeph started to protest that he had no problems with authority, but instead decided it would be best to hold his tongue until he was in her office. Turning to head toward Professor O'Leary's office he gave Sintan a short whistle, signalling her to follow him.

Arriving at the Professor's office he let himself in and held the door for Sin as well. Before the Professor could protest the wolf's presence in her office the goblin, hood still down, glared in her direction with his glazed, dull eyes and said quite sharply, "When we first met regarding my acceptance in your school I made it quite clear that Sintan was to stay at my side. You had no objections then and there is no reason to object to her being here now!"

Taking a seat he took a quick breath and continued, not waiting for a reply, "I am not to blame for that monk and his attitude. He feels that violence is the only way to get his point across, just look at this incident, I offered a non-violent solution and he lashed out at me!"

His peace said he loosened his glare and lowered his tone, adding, "Now, if you must punish me for his rash actions, I ask only that you not take it out on Sin as well. She was only doing what comes naturally to her, protecting her family. You may not understand it, but that is what we are, a family, she is all I have, and I am all she has.."


Posted on 2010-03-24 at 16:23:46.
Edited on 2010-03-24 at 16:31:13 by Shield Wolf

Merideth
Muse-i-licious
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/13
3127 Posts


Moving Along

Professor O'Leary
RedWyrm Kitchen
Tuesday Afternoon - Week 1

The Professor had silently entered her chambers shortly after Zeph had settled himself and his wolf within them. For the next hour only deathly silence was heard from the door outside. Whatever transpired in that room during that time was between her and goblin, but the sour expression on both their faces when finally the door opened spoke of it not going as well as either of them would have liked. Zeph made it to the kitchen shortly there after and joined those already scrubbing at pots and pans.

Steelight was next to enter the directors office, and his stay there was not as ominously quiet. Instead his voice carried through the empty halls raised in defiance. After that it did not take long for the door to open and under her survelliance Steelight's feet carried him to his room, where a few minutes sufficed to gather his things, and then out the front door.

As the afternoon wore on she knew she had to say something to the rest of the students and shortly before their time in the kitchen was up she went to see them.

Standing in the doorway to the kitchen she said nothing at first, letting their eyes slowly draw from their work to the hardened lines of her face. When everyone put their attentions on her she spoke calmly but firmly again.

"Steelight decided he could no longer be a student here. It is a shame, but he knew the rules when he signed up for this school. You all know the rules. I want you all to start working better as a team... that is the only way you will graduate and the only way you will survive outside these walls. First thing tomorrow morning you will begin this mission. Report to the woods just beyond the East Wing, and be prepared to work together or I shall have more empty rooms to fill with students who can..."

And without waiting for questions or comments she turned on her heel and left them to finish scrubbing gruel.


Posted on 2010-04-03 at 15:09:57.

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


Preparing for the next test

Darkon
RedWyrm Cafeteria
Tusday-Week 1

The moment Professor O'Leary leaves Darkon begins to tell the group what he's been mulling over while doing the dishes, though he doesn’t stop cleaning. He says "I think we should elect a leader right away and follow what they say, so we can avoid the problems we ran into last time. I would like to elect myself for that role if simply for the fact that I've spent most of my life living in the forest and I am well versed in hunting, foraging, tracking, stealth, woodland knowledge, and other skills that would help us in just about any manner of exercise we will be given.”

Darkon pauses for a moment to take a deep breath before continuing. "That said however, considering how when I took the lead before it led to us having to clean these bowls of gruel." He pauses for a moment to look at the grime encrusted bowl he's currently cleaning before talking again "If anyone feels that I am not suited to lead or feels they can do it better, then they simple have to say so and I’ll step down.”

“Still no matter who is leader we should work out details like strategies, marching formation, second-in-command in case the leader is incapacitated, dead or otherwise unavailable, and other details so we don't run into any problems."


Posted on 2010-04-04 at 07:24:46.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Easter Goblin

Zeph
Red Wyrm Cafeteria
Tuesday-Week 1

Zeph looked up from his current task to see who had spoken, and answered back, "Elf, I appreciate your willingness to help me earlier, which was most unexpected I might add. However I would like to remind you of a couple things, first off, you are not the only one with the skills you mentioned, I am trained in stealth, know the ways of the woods, and while I may be no tracker I would wager that Sintan is still a better tracker than you are because of her keen nose."

Ironically, for what seemed the first time since he had joined the school, Sintan was nowhere to be found. Zeph had decided it would be best for her not to be crowded into this kitchen with the rest of these people, and had let her out into the courtyard, with permission of course, to run and be outdoors for a while. She'd never go too far without Zeph though, not with the bond the two shared.

"Don't get me wrong, I am by no means nominating myself for a Leadership position. Another thing I think I should point out, these exercises are meant to teach us teamwork, not how to elect one person as leader and follow orders. A leader is not always required to facilitate teamwork. Sintan and I have been a team for some time now and we are partners, not master and servant."


Posted on 2010-04-04 at 15:03:20.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Sneaky Rogue hid all the Easter Eggs!

Kiirnon Talren
RedWyrm Cafeteria
Week 1: Tuesday afternoon


Kiirnon sat on a stool in the cafeteria scrubbing away at gruel covered pots. this is still beter than Erudan's punishments He had tried a few times to strike up a conversation, but no one seemd to take the bait. I wish someone else would say something
Kiirnon was in the middle of working on a rather tough spot on the side of a pot, when Professor O'Leary walked in. At first he didn't notice her standing there. He sat the pot down and directed his attention toward her.

Once the professor left he returned to his pot, nad the elf immediatly started speaking. Kiirnon had some thoguhts on his mind and was half heartedly listening to the elf. it is saddening that I learn the monks name as I find he is leaving. I'm not surprised at his decision though. He struck me as a stalwart individual He was jerked away from his thoughts as the elf spouted something about nominating himself as their leader. He listened intently after that. When the elf was finished, he went to speak but was beat to the punch by the goblin. I like this goblin's thinking on this issue
With the goblin finished speaking, Kiirnon set down his pot and stood up as he cleared his throat. "Well, isn't that just like an elf. Showing your arrogance by nominating yourself our leader. I think our best chance for someone to be a leader to us just left the school. In light of that point I agree with the goblin." Kiirnon walked around a bit to stretch his legs and let his thoughts sort themselves out before he spoke again. "We don't need to be led. We need to become a team. Figure out our strengths and weaknesses and use them to compliment each other. For example, you elf seem to me to be a capable sword fighter, but you can't lead combat from the front lines."

Kiirnon stopped and took a deep breath. He realized that he knew none of these other students. "Another great example is that I don't know any of you. I don't know your names, though I have told you mine. I don't know who could heal me if I needed healing. I assume the female halfling there," Kiirnon tipped his head in her direction, "is a mage of some sort. Just my guess though. I suspect it is the same for all of us. We need to learn about each other before we can work as a team"

Kiirnon stopped and looked around at the others. He was hoping he was getting his point across. I have to reveal my nature if this is going to work Kiirnon reached up to his hood and scarf as he began speaking again, "I myself am a rogue, I specialize in stealth, quick and quiet murder, and thievery. When not on a job, I wear my hood and scarf around everyone but my family. Not to hide my face so much as to hide my heritage." With that he pulled down his scarf and pulled back his hood. His jet black hair fell down just past his shoulders. A thin white streak started above his right eye and ran the length of his hair. He turned his face upwards and brushed his hair back revealing his slightly elven features, his dark slate gray colored skin, and his ghostly grayish-purple eyes. "Now you can see me for who I really am. I don't want to lead, nor do I think we need a leader. Rather as I stated before we need to become a team. I have revealed my heritage and thus put my trust in the rest of you in hope that we can form a strong team."

With his peace said, Kiirnon sat back down. He picked up his pot and got back to scrubbing that stubborn spot.


Posted on 2010-04-04 at 16:34:33.
Edited on 2010-04-04 at 18:34:23 by Dakarta

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.