The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, Reralae, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by Reralae)ST: Chimera
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring
Related thread: RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring - Q&A
GM for this game: Merideth
Players for this game: Steelight, Ion Kired, Tus Lased, Shield Wolf, Dakarta, speeddemon, Mahargave
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in RedWyrm School of Online Adventuring
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


Ranger follows the rouge's tracks to the Easter Eggs

Darkon
RedWyrm Cafeteria
Tuesday-Week 1

Darkon listened first to Zeph talk about why they didn't need a leader, and then Kiirnon get mad at him and call him arrogant just because I'm an elf. Darkon let out a sigh and began to try to better deliver his message to the group.

"Zeph I recognize that Sintan would be very good at tracking, however that only applies to scent of smell. If it rains then the trail would be lost to her. I hope you didn't misunderstand my message about leadership. I don't think the leader is any more important than anyone else on the team and that working together is the whole point of the leader, to help bring the team together. I get the feeling that you don't like to be ordered around, and that wouldn't be the job of the leader. A leader’s job is more of the facilitator who is open to new ideas and suggestions, not a boss who orders you around."

Darkon pauses for a moment to take in some air, and put away the dish he finished cleaning and pick up a new one. Then he begins talking once more.

"As for why I helped you it was because Steelight was wrong in ordering the imps around and wrong in attacking you. You where doing the right deed by helping the imps and so I decided I should help you."

Darkon then turn slightly to look at Kirnon in his revealed heritage. Half drow. Big deal. He then speaks to Kiirnon.

"There our soooo many thing's wrong with what you said right there. First off why do you call me arrogant just because I am an elf? You say you put your trust into our hands, and it seems you want acceptance for your race. However acceptance is a two way street, if you want to be accepted you should accept others. I do not care one way or another about you race, however I would like it if you would not judge me with premade misconceptions that don't apply to me. What you said about Steelight being a good leader is ridiculous. He tried to ATTACK one of his teammates just because he disagreed, that is not a good leadership quality. And what you said about not being able to lead from the front lines, how does that make any sense? There have been a lot of leaders who have charged with the frontlines into battle, and led exceptionally well. What I said about a leader was directed at you as well, a leader is supposed to organize and make decisions that help better the team. A leader is supposed to create teamwork. Also have you heard of any system of government that did not have a leader, or any great adventuring team that didn't have a leader? No because most things in life that require teamwork do require a leader."

Darkon pauses to let what he's said sink in before continuing.

"I think that for some reason you guys just heard leader and sort of tuned out the rest of what I said. I said that we do need to work out teamwork, strategies and the like. You two seem really opposed to having a leader though, so if you wish we'll work on strategies and not have a leader. My name is Darkon; I am a ranger that wields two scimitars. I can track, sneak, hunt, forage, and travel through woodland areas with ease. I am good at melee fighting, though I can do fine with a bow as well."


Posted on 2010-04-04 at 18:14:20.
Edited on 2010-04-04 at 18:46:01 by speeddemon

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


The Elves are always after my Goodies!

Zeph
Red Wyrm Cafeteria
Tuesday -- Week 1

As Kiirnon dramatically removed his hood and scarves Zeph scowled just a little bit, trying to hide it though, Another Elf-kin, though this one is different, descendant of the Deep Elves it would seem, he likely knows a thing or two about racial discrimination and human prejudices.
Turning his attention again to Darkon he shot back, "Yes, I am very much against having an appointed leader, because the last person who thought to declare himself our leader ATTACKED me, he did not TRY, he acted, and my chest still bares the bruise to prove this!" He took a breath, clearly not finished. "Another thing, and this comes both from my time here and among my people, people in so-called Leadership positions tend to let that power get to their heads. The power tends to drive even the noblest of people toward madness. The history of every race is full of tales of noble kings becoming tyrants."

Since he hadn't bothered to pull his hood back up since the incident among the imps here was little point in revealing his race like the dark skinned elf, "I am called Zeph, the wolf; as you may have figured out by now; is Sintan, my loyal companion. I am also trained in stealth, foraging, finding and noticing things, can see in the dark, and Sin and I form a nice strike team, especially when she can bring a target down. Oh, and I can do just a bit of magic, but I usually don't."

((For those of you who don't know, Zeph is meant to be a melee combatant, a druid focused on combat while wild shaped, not on casting, the levels of rogue are to add some damage output to a usually difficult concept to pull off in DnD, especially when the wolf can provide flanking. He is no healer, not even a half-ass support caster, and sure isn't a nuke.))


Posted on 2010-04-05 at 04:01:31.
Edited on 2010-04-05 at 04:08:16 by Shield Wolf

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


Time to wrap up and hit the hay

Darkon
RedWyrm Cafeteria
Tuesday-Week 1

Darkon listens to Zeph talks about Steelight's attack on him and how he feels that people in power act like tyrants and let the power go to their heads.

After he finishes Darkon says "Yes some people in positions of power have been corrupted by it. However you can't just look at the parts of history you want to look at and not the rest. There are plenty of leaders who didn't go power crazy and led there people peacefully. And as I tried saying before, anyone who led us wouldn't really get any power, because we can't force anyone to do what we want and the leader is only the organizer for tactics and some decisions."

Darkon stopped for a moment to take in some air before continuing, and put away a dish he's finished with and pick up the last one in his stack.

"You guys seem very adamant about not having a leader however, so let's try it your way. As for strategies How about I take frontline melee with Sintan and Zeph cover the back with a bow. Kiirnon you can work with me and Sintan and flank the enemies to attack them with your rouge skills (Sneak attack). And you said that you can cast some spells right Zeph? If you can, I think the best spells you could prepare would be healing spells, in case one of us gets injured."

Darkon finishes the last dish in his stack and begins to head toward the door. He says "If you guys have any other tactic ideas you should say them now, if not then we should all try to get some rest for tomorrow."

(Darkon is going out of the kitchen unless someone else has something to say)


Posted on 2010-04-05 at 20:29:34.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


forgot to tell everyone the eggs were booby-trapped

(OOC: This was supposed to be said earlier, but I had some issues with the computer. I apologize.)

Kiirnon stayed seated this time still cleaning the pots he was working on. “Darkon is it? It pleases me to know your name. If we are to have this discussion once again, one I thought settled by Professor O'leary behind closed doors, then I will voice my opinion. I don't particularly care who agrees with it and who does not, and you will not convince me otherwise."

He paused while he set one pot aside and picked up another. "Steelight offered them a peaceful solution. He had no weapon in hand when speaking to them. He was merely prepared for a violent solution if necessary. If that is a crime, then perhaps I do not belong here either. However, I do not believe it unwise."

Hearing the emotion start to creep into his voice Kiirnon took a deep breath to settle himself. "So far as his attack on our goblin friend, while I abhor the fact that it went that far and that fast, look a bit deeper at what happened and the chain of events. Steelight spoke, however harshly, and provided options to the imps. Our goblin friend, and I truly hope that title becomes truth rather than a simple honorary, spoke in a manner that could easily be interpreted by the prideful monk as condescending. I do not know his history, but by his rather extreme reaction I would imagine that is not something he tolerates. Should it have gone that far? Perhaps not. But realize, that Steelight was a member of our team. The loss of him removes a large portion of our front line fighting capability. And the loss of him is as much my fault, or Zeph's or Lavana’s or even your fault pureblood, as it is his. We are supposed to be a team. In order to do so we must support each other. We failed that with excruciating ease, and it cost us a powerful ally at worst, and potentially a good friend at best. Perhaps it was not handled in the best possible manner at the time, on either side. But the time has passed, and we must now reap what we, as a team, have sown."

Kiirnon's legs were starting to go numb from sitting for so long. He stood up and stretched a bit before continuing on. "Now, I personally consider the subject dead, as I said before. It has been dealt with at a level above our own, and we should attempt to put it behind us. So far as the leadership issue and your race... I hold nothing against elves in general. I hide my own race because I am hated for it. I do not seek acceptance for my race, but only for myself. I wish to earn that acceptance, not have it given to me on a silver platter. Regardless of my preferences, it is a fact that your kind tend to be rather haughty and aloof. You speak to me of skills good for living in the woods or camping. You think you are better skilled to lead this group than anyone else, based on what? You don't know any of us or what we are capable of. That is where I see you as arrogant. Every pureblood I have met holds themselves higher than other beings. That is what you are showing me now at this moment. I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for you to prove my first impressions of you incorrect, and I anxiously await your proof."

He picked up a pot and started scrubbing it as he slowly walked around the gathered group of fellow students. "So shall we continue the leadership discussion? Steelight went into the situation expecting the worse and prepared himself for it. He had suggested we get ourselves prepared as well, but you wouldn't know that because you rushed off to what was it… oh yes, 'kick some imp ass'. Then you sided with the goblin in trying to do the right thing, however he chose to go about doing it, when your first thought was to beat them down. How is this showing the qualities of leadership? You first preferred violence, then supported the opposite. Beyond that you then criticized someone else who followed a different path, provoked or not. But this debate is not solely about you. A front-line warrior can lead by example certainly. But how can someone absorbed in a sword fight with multiple opponents possibly see the battlefield as a whole? As good as you may think you are with those blades of yours, I don't believe you, or any of us are quite at that level of skill. The point I was trying to make was that, if we choose someone to direct us in combat, we choose someone who tends to stay in a position to see the whole of the field. A wizard or an archer, or even our healer... and I do hope that we have one. It was not meant as any particular insult to you. Though I honestly believe that once we determine the skills of each individual, we can learn to meld our skills and will not need someone to give us orders. We are not members of the military after all."

Kiirnon moved into a position where he could speak to all his fellow classmates. "Teamwork involves close interaction and planning by the whole team. Working together to find out where we need help and what are strong qualities are. Eventually a good team becomes like a family and works so well together they don't even realize how they do it. We may eventually get there, but for now we have to start small and just learn more about each other."

Kiirnon looked at the time and noticed the few dishes that everyone had left. "Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? I believe our time is nearly up, and I for one would like to be well rested when we enter the forest in the morning. I have a feeling it will not be easy given the events of the day."


Posted on 2010-04-05 at 21:18:27.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


The arguments of Elf-kin, tsk tsk

Zeph
RedWyrm Kitchen
Week 1--Tuesday
Zeph sat silent as he listened to the two make their points, realizing quickly that both were fools in their own right. As soon as one of them would give him cause to believe they were not completely hopeless they would say something new to renew his faith, or lack there of, in the idiocy of the Elven people. (No offense to either of you, the ugly little druid just really doesn't like Elves.)

The dark skinned one seems at times as though he would understand, but then turns around and contradicts that by defending the crazy monk (no offense Steel, all in character as usual). He argues to justify an attack that he himself would likely have hated to been on the receiving end of, though he took great pains to hide his heritage for fear of being found out and discriminated against.
Mid-thought Zeph set down yet another bowl he had scrubbed, his pile of dishes was a bit smaller than the others as he had started later, and a lot had been done before his arrival.

The one called Darkon claims to be all for a peaceful resolution of things, yet Kiirnon made an excellent point earlier, he did rush off in an overly excited hurry to "kick some imp ass". Such rash actions are not the actions of any sort of good leader. I can understand what he is getting at with the whole idea of a leader, but the leader has to think before acting, or he is not the only one harmed by his decisions. An Alpha Wolf must work for the good of the whole pack, plan for what is best for the pack, not simply act and hope all goes well for the pack.
Shaking his head at his own thoughts while only half way listening to the others he sets yet another bowl on his pile and hops down from his stool, heading for the door, stopping only to say, "I am no healer, and I am no archer, please, Elf, do not think to tell me how to act and what to do. Sintan and I will fight as a team as we always do. Besides, are your people not renowned for their skill with a bow, why not task yourself with the archery duties?"



Posted on 2010-04-06 at 20:49:22.
Edited on 2010-04-07 at 00:33:57 by Shield Wolf

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


This is getting nowhere

Darkon
RedWyrm Cafeteria
Tuesday-Week 1

Darkon listens to both Zeph and Kiirnon, while he stands by the door. He turns slightly to address Kiirnon first.

Darkon says "I think you have misinterpreted what I said when I was electing myself as leader. I simply meant to lead for this mission as it is a forest mission, not leader as an all-time position. I it was not my intent to be arrogant. What I said about the imps was only if they were unwilling to listen to peaceful talks, and it was never my intent to kill them like Steelight would have been more than willing to do. And I hope that we can put this topic down as I have said multiple times that I am not going to be the leader, in fact the moment you two said you didn't want a leader I immediately backed down from trying to be leader and go with your plan. I think I have quite got the idea that you do not want me to lead, so can we just work on strategies for now?"

Darkon then turns to Zeph after taking a breath of air and says "I hope you did not perceive what I said as me trying to order you, it was just a suggestion. The reason why I said you might want to use a bow is because of how well you handled yourself with one the field of death, and I was thinking that you could work in tandem with Sintan in fight with a bow to attack from far away while Sintan engages up close. And yes I know that elves are known for using bows, and while I can use a bow quite well, I can use swords even better. I thought it would be better if I would take the frontlines in battle with my scimitars. I f anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to hearing them. While I think we should turn in soon, I also think we should confirm what were going to be doing tomorrow, so we don't run into any problems."


Posted on 2010-04-07 at 00:03:19.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


indeed

Zeph stopped in his tracks only briefly as he was addressed again, listened, and replied, "I used a bow in the Field of Death because that is what was provided to me, but rest assured I am no archer, I have no training, and to ask me to fire a bow at a target Sintan is currently attacking is almost as bad as asking me to shoot at Sintan herself. I do not have the precise aim and coordination to fire effectively into melee. My specialty is to get in behind a target and dish out as much pain as possible as quickly as possible. Now, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree with you, we need to get some rest, and as such I am heading to my room now, just as soon as I get Sintan from the courtyard."

With that he walked out of the kitchen and to the courtyard, eager to see his companion again and leading them both back to his room for the night.

>>FAST FORWARD<<

After a much needed night's rest Zeph prepared for the test at hand as he did every morning, and headed to the forest, with Sin close behind, as asked of them the previous evening.

((Yes I know, no details and no creativity, but someone has to get this moving, for the sake of the game assume he took the same steps he took in the last post I had him getting prepped for the day, including preparing his usual spells for the day, armor, weapons, and a couple other crucial items in his belt pouch.))


Posted on 2010-04-07 at 00:29:49.
Edited on 2010-04-07 at 20:37:42 by Shield Wolf

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


Late for class

After Levanna slept from the fight in the arena of death in which she was so depressed that she nearly slept though the third day of class. She knew her Professors were going to get after her for that but she really didn't care. She woke up to a note from an anonymous person which Read:


Dear Mrs. Amaker,
Your presence is requested as soon as possible in the woods. I can not tell you why. Just met me there.
Yours truely
Signed a signature that Levanna wasn't even going to try to make out.
*******
Weird Levanna didn't think that she had been out long enough to get expelled.
But you never know She thought to herself. She quickly went to her closet and grabbed her leather armor. Slipping out of her night dress she quickly put on her leather armor and her elven boots then grabbed her quarter staff and headed to the forest.
When she got there she noticed that some of the other students were there too.
Wierd, she thought to herself, I didn't know the whole school was in this too I must have missed something very important while I was out.
Levanna continued to wait for what she didn't know.....


Posted on 2010-04-10 at 23:24:54.
Edited on 2010-04-10 at 23:26:26 by Tus Lased

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


So begins another day...

Kiirnon Talren
Cafeteria - room - Eastern Forest
Week 1: Tuesday Evening to Wednesday Morning


Zeph was walking out of the cafeteria area as Kiirnon finished up with the dishes he had. He stood up when Zeph turned around and spoke to Darkon about using a bow and the down side of that. Zeph then left the cafeteria to get some rest. That boy seems headstrong and a bit hateful, but I think he will make a strong ally one day
Kiirnon started walking toward the door stopping in front of Darkon. He shrugged his shoulders and spoke his thoughts out loud. "Well, other than learning about each other, we didn't accomplish much." Kiirnon fidgeted a bit adjusting soem of his weapons and gear. "My suggestion is to have you be in a strong melee position with support from me with my bow. Zeph and Sintan can support us with his stealth and strike tactics. Once I am no longer able to use my bow effectively, I will join in the melee. I know Zeph said he usually doesn't use magic, but I hope if he sees an opportunity he will." Knowing the time was late he decided that would be enough. "Sleep on it, and we can discuss it in the morning when we meet back up with Zeph at the forest." Kiirnon offered a handshake, and walked out of the cafeteria, bidding Darkon a good night as he did.


********


Kiirnon hadn't thought about the fact that he had no where to sleep yet. With everything going on he hadn't gotten a tour of the school and had no clue where his room was. He figured he would just do a bit of touring on his own. He pulled his hood back up and repositioned his scarf. He put his trust in the students in his class, but wasn't quite ready to trust everyone at the school.

Shortly after walking around he came across a large courtyard. He saw Zeph and the wolf, Sintan, exiting from a different area. Continuing walking around the school for a bit he saw a few interesting sights. There were passageways and doors of all sizes, some as small as a mouse and some larger than a giant. Everything seemed to have a bit of mystery about it. this will take a bit of getting used to The architecture was as varied and diverse as the races of the world. Kiirnon was starting to get tired when he reached what seemed to be a small study library. He found a student who was packing up their things. She was a half-elf, perhaps around his age. It was hard to tell sometimes. He told her his dilema, and she gladly helped him find his room. He thanked her and hoped he might see her again.

Passing through the door to his room, Kiirnon felt an odd sensation but couldn't place it exactly. He unpacked his things, took off his weapons and armor, and stripped down to his breetches. He settled all his things about the room the way he wanted them. Kiirnon made sure everything had a specific and practical place. The most important was placing his sword by the bed and his dagger under his pillow. He went to his window and opened it. Looking out he found that it opened onto a small portion of the roof. He climbed out and lay on the roof staring at the stars for a while. It was very calming and reminded him of the nights he spent on the roof of his own home. When he started to doze off he climbed back in the window and crawled into bed.


********


Kiirnon woke in the morning before the sun came up. He did a few stretches and proceded to a smaller courtyard area he had found the night before. He was barefoot and still wearing just his breeches, but trusted that not many other students were awake yet. He did a few exercises and ran a few laps. When he was done he went back to his room. Cleaned up a bit and and got dressed and donned his armor. He equipped his weapons after thoroughly checking them over. Kiirnon pulled up his hood and set his scarf as he left his room and headed for the cafeteria. There were some students there, but not many. He found a quiet out of the way area to eat in peace.

When he was done he headed to the forest on the east side of the school. The sun was starting to rise as he arrived and he saw Zeph and Sintan approaching from a different direction. I guess it is time to see how things go


Posted on 2010-04-13 at 13:32:07.

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


To the Forest

Darkon
RedWyrm Cafeteria-Forest
Tuesday-Wednesday Week 1

Darkon Agrees with Kiirnon's plan then accepts his handshake. He is a little suprised by this, but happy. Hopefully we just got off on the wrong foot he thinks to himself. He then heads off to bed for his trance.

Luckily nothing goes with trancing this time, and Darkon feels refreshed, energized, and hopeful that today will work out better than the days before it.

He sets out into the forest, trying to learn the paths it has as soon as he can, in case the knowledge will be useful sometime in the future. While he's taking it all in he sees that it's a really amazing forest. Darkon hopes that he'll be able to spend more time here. Shaking his thoughts about what might be he focuses on the task at hand. He quickly finds Kiirnon and Zeph and meets with them.

He says "Have either of you two seen the instructor yet?"


Posted on 2010-04-16 at 03:51:54.

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


Missing Instructor

Levanna looks at the elf that she didn't know.
"I just got a letter that I was supposed to met someone out here. I haven't seen them yet but I assume that we will find out why we are here. By the way I'm Levanna Amarker"
Levanna held out her hand.

(Assuming response)
After Levanna shakes hands with the new elf named Darkon she pulls the backpack off her back that she remembered to grab just as she was leaving her room and pulled out her spell book and started studying and making sure she had the right spell components.


Posted on 2010-04-16 at 20:30:09.
Edited on 2010-04-16 at 21:55:50 by Tus Lased

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


A bit strange

Almost an hour has passed since the group arrived in the designated clearing at the edge of the forest. No sign of the new instructor has yet been seen.

Deeper in the trees you hear to series of yips and words in a language that none of you seem to comprehend. Shortly thereafter a few intelligible words are carried along the breeze from the west.

"Hey, that's mine!" (a series of yips and barks) "What are you doing with...!" (more yips) "Hey! Don't do....!" "HELP!!!"
(It's hard to tell distance due to the whispering of the trees in the slight breeze, but whatever is going on can't be far away. Currently the group is gathered within sight of the school, about 300 yards away. The forest isn't incredibly dense but it still has a large amount of underbrush, like it hasn't been tended to in ages. Even in the light of the morning sun your vision is limited by thorn bushes and other undergrowth. The sun's light is also dimmed a bit from the canopy of the trees. If anyone needs further clarification on the area description or wants to ask questions or such please do so in the Q&A thread. I will answer them there.)


Posted on 2010-04-18 at 19:58:06.
Edited on 2010-04-18 at 20:23:40 by Steelight

speeddemon
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/2
61 Posts


Rescue, or Trap?

Darkon
Forest
Day 3-Week 1

Darkon turns to face the direction the sound came from. He then says to the rest "This could be our test; however the test might be to see if we fall into a trap. Let's proceed toward the area quietly and look around first. Me, Sintan, and Zeph will take the lead, while Kiirnon and Levanna take the back to cover us with spells and arrows the way we talked about before. If anyone has better ideas suggest it now, but do so quickly."

(Assuming no one says anything I approach the area using my move silently +6, hide +6 to move there sneakily, and spot +2 to look around for traps and whats going on)


Posted on 2010-04-20 at 05:46:41.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


delayed, sorry.

Normally Zeph would've argued about an elf telling him what to do, but the words of Professor O'Leary still rung clear in his ears, and so he decided to go along with things and keep his thoughts to himself.

Looking to Sintan he muttered the Goblin word for Seek, a trick they had worked on when Zeph needed to find somewhere to camp where no living thigs might disturb them. Sintan would do her best to find anything in the forest that was clearly alive, now if she found the source of the yelling and yipping would be a different story all together. With Sintan on the trail Zeph followed behind her and Darkon, giving them both plenty of space while still being able to see them and watch their backs as needed, doing his best to avoid detection despite the thick undergrowth.

((+12 Hide, +9 Move Silent, +6 Listen and Spot, and +5 Survival if it helps for Zeph. As for Sin; Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1. Bonus Trick from Druid was Seek, the companions enters an area looking for anything alive or animate. Which sadly is quite vague and may make it a bit easy for a devious DM to rule that she gets distracted by a rabbit or something. Btw, I forgot that Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.))


Posted on 2010-04-20 at 17:41:09.
Edited on 2010-04-20 at 17:42:03 by Shield Wolf

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


Walking in the dark, cold forest

Levanna stayed in the back of the group as she was told. She listened for the sound of the yells but the wind was blowing so hard that she decided that wouldn't work. So instead she slowly moved her hands to the side and the tall underbrush was pushed away from the path that was in front of the elf in the lead.
(I used listen which has a +3 but I'm going to say I ether was distracted or it failed and mage hand plus my feat silent spell)


Posted on 2010-04-20 at 20:02:08.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.