The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3984 registered users. Our newest member is tratxem015.
Online members: t_catt11, SilentOne
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - New Destiny Characters (posted by Alacrity)New Destiny Characters
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by t_catt11)ST: Chimera Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Demon Wind
Related thread: Demon Wind Recruitment
Related thread: Demon Wind Q&A
GM for this game: YeOlde
Players for this game: DarkAutumn, Raven, Kaelyn, Tiamat5774, Odyson, The_Haruspex, Tuned_Out
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Demon Wind
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

DarkAutumn
Queen Hugglepounce
Karma: 47/29
674 Posts


But I...

“You there, back away or prepare to defend yourself. “
“But I’m just tryi…” Siraya started to protest when she heard the male voice yelling for her to get away or defend herself, but thought better of it and jumped back away from the fallen man when she looked up and saw the source of the voice running toward them.

She did not know any of these people, nor did she know what the heck was going on here. She pressed her back against the wall and watched silently as the one who had ordered her back, then another, and yet another of the man’s apparent friends moved to his aid.

“What was that thing? What is going on? Is there any way I can help?” She asked as the three work over the man, trying to preserve his life.

As they finish their ministering, they raced off to the kitchen. She stands silent for a moment, “Could these be the people I have been looking for?” she wonders silently. Siraya shakes her head and double checks to make sure the man is taken care of before dashing down the stairs and tentatively enters the kitchen.

Seeing that there seems to be a need for a lot of light, Siraya begins assisting in lighting any candles, stoves, ovens that she can get to which have not already been lit. She asks again, not really expecting an answer, “What’s going on?”


Posted on 2011-08-09 at 21:15:13.
Edited on 2011-08-09 at 21:17:18 by DarkAutumn

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The killing continues...

With the downing of one of their own… everyone finally sprung into action … the shadow retreated into the walls of the Tavern… the light of Danamar’s blade seemed to cause it to withdraw… for now… but to where it had gone… who could say… but for now it gave the party a few moments to plan and tend to their downed team member…

Tad had been the first to spring up the stairs to where Mendez had cried out and fallen… he found a armored female standing over his comrade with a worried expression on her face… she seemed concerned with the condition of Mendez…

“You there, back away or prepare to defend yourself. “ Tad spoke with his rapier in his hand.

“But I’m just tryi…” Siraya started to protest when she heard the male voice yelling for her to get away or defend herself, but thought better of it and jumped back away from the fallen man when she looked up and saw the source of the voice running toward them.

Daldren soon joined Tad at the stairs… he knelt by Mendez and tried to determine his condition… he was able to detect that Mendez was alive but he could tell that he was in bad shape… giving him a dose of a potion he noticed that Mendez didn’t stir but his breathing did seem to improve…

The black-clad priest sprang up the stairs and knelt beside the fallen form of a friend with a grim look on his face. He laid a hand on the human warrior's shoulder and offered the hilt of Naaradkhelek to Daldren. "Take my sword and keep our companions safe until I can join you in the kitchen. The flames from the hearth will summon the dread back and it will not spare any of us unless we manage to banish it somehow. The blade will obey it's name: Naaradkhelek." Knowing Daldren would comply without questions, Danamar turned his attention to Mendez's. There weren't any visible wounds on the poor man's still body, but he felt incredibly cold to the touch. Taking a deep breath, Danamar checked the sorcerer's pulse and eyes to see how he faired.

“What was that thing? What is going on? Is there any way I can help?” She asked as the three work over the man, trying to preserve his life.

As Daldren moved downstairs … the cleric quickly determined that Mendez was alive and that he appeared to stable for the moment…

Hurrying back downstairs they leave Mendez there apparently with the armored female who seems to be just another tavern patron who’s sleep was disturbed by the strange occurrences…

Irael and the newcomer Knight went into the kitchen… there they found a standard tavern kitchen.. Several large tables for food preparation… but no stove… instead there was a large fireplace where pots hung or sat awaiting their use… a alcove in the hearth appeared to be where baking was done … looking around they found no wood nearby… the kitchen was cleaned and even the hearth was relatively clean.. The kitchen had two other exits from the room… one door in the back which was barred from the inside… and another door on the side which looked like a normal interior door.

With two magical weapons in hand, Daldren removed his own magic rapier from its sheath and set it upon the counter top in the kitchen. As people arrived within he spoke. "Looks like we're going to have to pull out all the stops on this one my brethren. If anyone can wield my rapier by all means put her to good use, she's stronger than most, and sharper too." Beside it he set down a single vial of holy water. "I'm not much of a praying man, but I hear creatures of the damned aren't too fond of this stuff. Make use of it.”

Having done his best with Mendez as quickly as possible, the sylvari warrior-priest stood up and joined his companions in the kitchen. "Listen up. We cannot kill the shadow dread. It is beyond our power. But we might be able to banish it back to the hell's it escaped from. The flames will attract it and it will doubtlessly try to attack any or all of us too. But it is our task to rid this place of the baneful thing and we must save the others even if we could escape ourselves."

The syl's stern gaze passed over everyone in order to make sure they've understood what he is saying. Either they will drive the creature away in one way or the other, or they will die trying. "Daldren, you and I need to work together. It seems to fear the cold flames of my sword as well as the power of Nim'megil. As I call forth the power of Therassor once more, you need to make sure the dread will not escape again. Understood?" " The rest of you will need to keep your eyes open and try to divide its attention between you, so that it will hopefully hesitate long enough for me to banish it."

While Danamar spoke they had found a couple of candles there and lit them …but before anyone could reply… a scream broke the silence of the Tavern once more… this scream sounded like a woman’s .. and it seemed to come from somewhere inside the rear of the Tavern..

Suddenly the door exiting the kitchen on the side burst inward… and a woman in a sheer nightgown stumbled in… it was a younger woman… and not Anna the Innkeepers wife… they remember seeing her helping serve drinks and food in the tavern… she was obviously staff here but no one remembered ever hearing her name…

“Anna!” she gasped … her eyes wide with fear… “This … thing grabbed her…. It… it!!”

She trembled as she stood just inside the doorway of the kitchen… suddenly something dark moved behind her and a black shadowy tendril wrapped around her waist… her eyes opened wider… her mouth dropped open and she seemed to stop breathing … there was no scream as she was yanked backwards through the doorway into the shadowy passage beyond… the pleading look in her dying eyes was something many of them would not soon forget…

They had yet to find anything to light the hearth with… so they had no large source of fire to draw it… but it seemed it was here now and the entire doorway was filled with a shadowy presence which somehow seemed larger than it had before…

Daldren still held the sword Danamar had given him… he was closest to the side door when this had all gone down… he had slipped next to the doorway when the woman had been yanked within… he raised the sword which glowed bluish and it seemed to grow in brightness… he lashed out quickly and saw the sword slice through the darkness… even though he felt nothing… the momentum of the blade seemed to be slowed as if it met resistance… the darkness recoiled and a strange unworldly wail sounded throughout the tavern as the creature quickly pulled back into the passage away from them…

(Ok there is the update… I am still not too well and struggled with making this lucid and understandable… so if anything is unclear then please ask me in Q&A)


Posted on 2011-08-09 at 22:59:55.

Kaelyn
Dragon Fodder
Karma: 80/19
2264 Posts


Can't press onwards.... yet..

Daldren felt the enchanted blade cut through the blackness, his swing met resistance though he only the absence of light told him anything was before him. As the creature wailed out in pain, recoiling down the passage Daldren's first instinct was to give pursuit, but he was still the best defense those in the kitchen had against the shadow dread, and until they managed to light the oven, or Danamar, instructed him to proceed, the warrior-priest at his back, he would remain at the doorway.

He feared for Anna, presumed her dead but there was no time to mourn the fallen yet, not while those still living were in peril. So he would wait, and prepare.

(Preparing full two weapon attack on the shadow dread should it return within reach of the doorway. Dodge still on the shadow dread)


Posted on 2011-08-13 at 16:19:58.

DarkAutumn
Queen Hugglepounce
Karma: 47/29
674 Posts


What the he...?!

Siraya was scrambling around the kitchen to find anything with which to make light. She was more than a little annoyed at being entirely ignored. She still hadn’t the first clue what was going on and she was starting to get upset. She stopped, as a thought occurred to her, and looked around at the others in the kitchen. Her eyes fell upon the one who had warned her to back away from the fallen man.

Just then a scream reverberated through the kitchen. Siraya whirled to face the doorway where the woman ran into the kitchen and was crying about a woman named Anna who had fallen victim to “it”. “What the he..” Suddenly the woman was grabbed by a dark tendril, Siraya couldn’t quite see what creature it could belong to. She stared at the woman with horror as the life seemed to just drain from her face and suddenly she was gone.

Before she could say anything, the doorway, where the woman had stood just a moment before, was filled with a dark shadow that seemed alive? “How is this possible? That’s what was in my dream..” She stood, at a loss as one man seemed to injure the shadow with a sword of light? “What the hell?!” Suddenly the shadow was gone. Siraya was having a hard time processing everything.

She ran over to the man who had spoken to her before, reached to grab his arm, decided against it, and let her hand drop to her side. Instead she moved to stand in front of him and asked the questions again, “WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! WHAT WAS THAT?”


Posted on 2011-08-14 at 03:02:14.
Edited on 2011-08-14 at 03:05:54 by DarkAutumn

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


Orders are orders.

Irael had spared a quick glance at the scene before continuing to search (search check) for the means to stoke the ovens. It pained him to be unable to act directly against the creature - he was still wracking his brain for some use of his arcane ability. But orders were orders. They were exposed in the darkness... and even if he brought life to the ovens the shadow would seek to consume it instantly. If he got the flames going, he needed to time things exactly.

((OoC: continuing present course of action. If Irael finds the means to stoke the oven he will, ideally, cast Swift Expeditious Retreat to increase his movement (swift action) and light a torch (he will sling his shield upon his back or drop it) before moving to draw the creature out. If, of course it decides he is tastier than the oven... Otherwise, for now, he will continue to search for a light source))



Posted on 2011-08-14 at 11:52:41.
Edited on 2011-08-14 at 11:53:14 by Tuned_Out

Raven
Resident Finn
RDI Staff
Karma: 65/3
975 Posts


Die you monster!

The vail, though terrible, made Danamar grin wily. Daldren's brave attack had driven the shadow back into the hallway and bought Danamar and his companions a valuable moment. Now they knew they could hurt the shadow dread, not only scare it. Yet the sylvari cleric wasn't overly confident in his team's abilities to kill the creature, but perhaps they might be able to weaken it enough for him to drive it back to the netherworld it came from. There was only one little thing stopping Danamar… He wasn't exactly sure how to do it. Once again the priest would have to place everything in the hands of his god and hope he was worthy enough of receiving some more of Therassor's attention and grace.

Another newcomer entered the kitchen - a woman this time. Danamar cast a quick look at her and nodded his greeting. There was no time for introductions now, not with the gaseous monster around. As none of the others had taken up Daldren's slim blade, the syl quickly picked it up from the table. He had no idea whether it was of any use, but he was hoping the enchantment was potent enough to hold the dread at bay for a while.

MV6 was now in a fairly good strategic position. They were like a final line of defense between the enemy and the families back at home. If the creature had any need to use stairs, it would have to come through them or head outside at the back and circle around to the front. Danamar wouldn't have bet on that though. The thing was practically immaterial. What would it need to use human made portals for? Thy cleric caught himself nearly chuckling at the thought and shook his head slightly instead. Brandishing his holy symbol once more, Danamar took a deep breath and spoke with an even voice: "Do not follow it into the hallway. It would only have to worry about one of us at a time then. Our best chance to defend ourselves is right here in the kitchen. Let's hope it decides to come back." This time he did smile.


OOC: Turn undead, cast spell, do whatever Danamar can do to banish the shadow dread


Posted on 2011-08-14 at 20:24:12.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6089 Posts


Are you still here.....

The female intruder backed away as Tad issued his warning rushing to Mendez’s aid. Daldren had followed him up the stairs and ministered a potion to stabilize the mage. Tad stayed on alert as Danamar rushed in to assess the mages condition.

Tad sensed the female was still there and heard her voice, “But I’m just tryi…”…. “What was that thing? What is going on? Is there any way I can help?” ……..but her questions were distant as he concentrated on protecting his new allies.

Damamar had given his sword to Daldren and instructed him to help the other in the kitchen. When Danamar completed his assessment and felt Mendez was stable enough to leave he rose and headed for the kitchen too, Tadirien followed. They rushed to the kitchen in hopes to trap this killing evil.

When they had gathered in the kitchen Tad heard Daldren say, "Looks like we're going to have to pull out all the stops on this one my brethren. If anyone can wield my rapier by all means put her to good
use, she's stronger than most, and sharper too."

Tad eyed the rapier, he realized that his own had been blessed and that may be an aid to defeat this evil and with a second he may be able hurt this evil.

From across the room Danamar warned the group, "Listen up. We cannot kill the shadow dread. It is beyond our power. But we might be able to banish it back to the hell's it escaped from. The flames will attract it and it will doubtlessly try to attack any or all of us too. But it is our task to rid this place of the baneful thing and we must save the others even if we could escape ourselves."

Hearing this Tad prepared to reach for the rapier when suddenly a voice came from doorway. “Anna!” she gasped … her eyes wide with fear… “This … thing grabbed her…. It… it!!” One the inn’s serving girl stood there terror stricken, but before the group could react, the darkness reached out and drug the poor thing away to her demise.

Still holding the sword Danamar had given him… Daldren was closest to the side door … he had slipped next to the doorway when the woman had been yanked within… he raised the sword which glowed bluish … he lashed out quickly and saw the sword slice through the darkness… the momentum of the blade met resistance… the darkness recoiled and a strange unworldly wail sounded throughout the tavern as the creature quickly pulled back into the passage away from them…

Hearing the wail Tadirien knew the thing could be hurt so he started to turn to grab the rapier suddenly before him was the female from hall; her eyes were wide and questioning. “WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! WHAT WAS THAT?”
Staring into those soft Elven features Tad slipped into his native tongue. “Mankoi naa lle sinome? (Why are you here?) Uuma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a' lle (Don't look for trouble, it will come to you.)

A more confused look flashed in those lovely eyes, Tad didn’t know why but I sensed the female didn’t understand the native tongue. “I don’t know why you are here but any help is more than we had before. You’ve heard that this is something we can’t kill, but we may be able to send it back. If that sword of yours has any blessing on it then it may serve you will.”

Reaching around the female he grabs up the Holy Water vile. “Take this water vile, it may deter the evil if you splash it. If we survive the night I will introduce you to the others, provided you introduce yourself to me.” With rapier in hand Tad turned to follow his leaders directives.



Posted on 2011-08-14 at 21:43:00.
Edited on 2011-08-14 at 23:38:34 by Odyson

DarkAutumn
Queen Hugglepounce
Karma: 47/29
674 Posts


If I water the shadow, will it grow?

Siraya was already clearly confused by what she had just seen. She had no idea how the image from her dream could actually be real and killing people. She almost questioned if perhaps she remained sleeping.

“Mankoi naa lle sinome? Uuma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a' lle.”
As the man – no, he was an elf, “Like me!” – spoke several thoughts flashed through her mind seemingly all at once:

The language he had just spoken only served to deepen her confusion. She did not understand what he had said, but the language felt very familiar to her. He was the first of her kind she had seen in the years since she had been found by her convoy. “Could he know who I am?!” That thought excited her, but she had to push that aside. Now was certainly not the time, “Besides what are the chances that he would know me?”.

Even as she had this thought, a woman’s delicate features, very similar to her own, flashed before her mind’s eye from somewhere in her long forgotten memory. Siraya cocked her head just slightly, and her silver brows furrowed together delicately for a moment.

Siraya shook her head suddenly and ran a hand impatiently through her long silver tresses as her lips parted to speak. Before a sound was uttered, however, the man spoke again.

“I don’t know why you are here but any help is more than we had before. You’ve heard that this is something we can’t kill, but we may be able to send it back. If that sword of yours has any blessing on it then it may serve you will.”
"No, I have no blessed or magical weapons in my possession. I..”
Just then he reached around her and grabbed a vial from the table and said, ““Take this water vile, it may deter the evil if you splash it.” As he spoke Siraya took the vial and nodded.

“ If we survive the night I will introduce you to the others, provided you introduce yourself to me.”
She nodded again as he turned to do what he had to. She hoped that he knew what he was talking about, and as she turned, she opened the vial. Should the shadow re-enter, she would be ready to throw the water at it.



Posted on 2011-08-14 at 23:43:21.
Edited on 2011-08-14 at 23:54:41 by DarkAutumn

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The confrontation...

After the retreat of the shadow dread there was a brief lull as people prepared to battle it… As most prepared weapons and other things to battle the dread.. Irael sough a way to start up the hearth… he found a tinder box nearby but need wood… on a whim he rushed to the door on the back wall and threw the bar aside and jerked it open… it went out the back… against the back wall of the tavern he saw a wood pile… he snatched up an armful of split wood and rushed inside and threw it into the hearth… with the tinder he quickly got it going… then he spotted a glass jar of clear liquid next to the hearth on a counter… a quick sniff confirmed his thoughts… he threw the jar of cooking oil into the small fire he had started… the blaze burst into full glory and a roaring fire filled the hearth… he turned to face the others who had spread out among the kitchen with a smile of triumph on his face… but the smile was short lived… he saw the shadow appear in the doorway and with inhuman speed it rushed into the room headed directly for him and the fire at his back…

Several things happened in the next few moments… the shadow dread filled the center of the room… it did appear larger now that htye could see it all… apparently ‘feeding’ made it grow in size and strength… as it flashed across the room towards the fire blazing large in the hearth… people attacked it from all sides…

Danamar had snatched up the rapier Daldren had left on the counter (sorry Ody.. He got it first) … he began a prayer he hoped would effect this creature… Daldren pounced behind the creature as it swarmed into the center of the room… he lashed out with Danamar’s blue glowing sword and his own ensorcelled dagger and felt them both bite into something… the shadow paused just short of swarming over Irael… it lashed out at Daldren and only his own superior reflexes saved him as he dodged back out of instinct… a black inky tendril passed only inches from his face… his skin crawled with an eerie sensation causing the hair on his body to stand on end…

Tad saw the creature whirl and attack Daldren and used this opportunity to lash at it with his own rapier … he felt slight resistance but the creature didn’t seem to be overly effected but it did take notice of him… he pulsed in his direction… he took a step backwards trying to keep his distance… tendrils of shadow began to move in his direction… they lashed out at him…

Siraya stood just behind Tad… the man who had given her the vial of holy water… she acted seeing it coming for him… she uncorked the vial and flung the water at the thing… it was so large and looming it was hard to miss… some of the water splashed upon Tad but most of it hit the shadow thing… it recoiled from her and Tad… she effectively saved Tad from being attacked…

Seb stood by ... Sword in hand… he wasn’t sure what to do with this creature (since I didn’t get a post from him)… he stood by the back door to try and stop the creature from escaping in that direction…

Tariel did not enter the kitchen.. Instead she saw Mendez lying at the top of the stairs.. She went to him… checked him and found him still breathing… she remained on guard … (Since I havent gotten a post in two weeks)

In the kitchen the shadow dread seemed to be surrounded… Danamar had been preparing his turn undead… and now he saw the creature in trouble from the attacks and holy water… and he acted… stepping forth bravely… putting himself almost into reach of the shadow he projected the power of Therassor …

The shadow dread recoiled as Danamar seemed to glow with the light of his god… the shadow dread attempted to flee but Danamar quickly moved forward and feeling the protection of his god he embraced the shadow… the light glowing from him enveloped the creature… a powerful wail filled the air… the light became so bright that the others in the room couldn’t look any more… the wail of the creature became so loud that it hurt the ears… then with a sudden blast of light the room shook and threw people to the floor…

Rising everyone could see nothing of the creature… everyone here seemed to be alright… Danamar was the slowest to rise… he was unharmed but his strength was drained and he felt weak… his effort of funneling the power of Therassor had sapped his strength…

Danamar knows that the shadow dread was not destroyed but only banished back to it's shadowy realm...

(Ok there is the post update for the week... all for the moment seems quiet)


Posted on 2011-08-15 at 02:17:30.

DarkAutumn
Queen Hugglepounce
Karma: 47/29
674 Posts


Yay for water!

Should the shadow re-enter, she would be ready to throw the water at it.
And enter it did!
_________________

After her brief words with the elf, Siraya stood alert and ready. She saw that someone had finally found a way to light the hearth. She watched him as he turned with a rather triumphant look about him, but not for long. Almost as soon as he had fully turned to face the rest of the room his smile was gone.

Before Siraya had a chance to turn to see what had stripped the smile from his face, the shadow creature was filling the center of the room. Everything happened so quickly. In one instant the creature was lashing out at the man who had lit the fire, the next thing she knew two others had attacked it, including the elf she had spoken with. The shadow lashed out at him. Siraya instinctually reacted, throwing the water the elf had given her on the shadow, while rushing forward to stand before him at the same time.

Intense fear gripped her chest as she stood so close to the creature; however, she stood firm none the less. Suddenly a flash of light caught Siraya’s eye. She looked toward its source and saw that the one who appeared to be the leader of this group was glowing. She watched in awe as the light grew increasingly brighter until she could no longer bear its glory. She turned her head away closing her eyes tight, and shielded her face with her hands. Even so she could see brightness through her closed eye lids. As such, she knew when the light had begun to fade and she chanced a look.

Siraya uttered a whispered, “Thank you.”, and released the breath she didn’t even realize she’d been holding when she saw that the shadow was gone. She looked at the group’s leader in amazement for a moment. She could see he was weak from the effort he’d just put forth in vanquishing the shadow. She almost moved to help him stand, but stopped herself. She did not know these people, and wasn’t sure how they would react to her “rushing” at their leader.

Instead, Siraya turned to the one who had given her the vile of water which in turn resulted in apparently saving his life. “Are you alright?” She gave him the once-over to try and determine if he had been injured at all when the shadow had struck out at him. Everything had happened so fast she wasn’t entirely sure if it had gotten him or not before she had had time to throw the water on it.

Not knowing that the water in the vile was anything blessed or special, she said to him, “I never would have thought that something as simple as water would harm that thing.” She shook her head in amazement, then she stuck her hand out toward him so she could shake his hand, “My name is Siraya. Now that the threat has passed, please tell me what that thing was, and why it was after your group.”


Posted on 2011-08-15 at 15:42:06.
Edited on 2011-08-15 at 15:47:25 by DarkAutumn

The_Haruspex
Regular Visitor
Karma: 6/0
95 Posts


Pint Anyone?

Sebastien stood there blocking the doorway exit, regret showing over his facial expressions another failed chance, how many more would Rydor give him in order to prove himself. It felt to him that he was a failure. He was the second son of a weak lord of an awful place that no-one had ever even heard of he had always had the talk and bravado to impress people, but his sagged shoulders and dour expression was not impressive to say the least. He had dreams of saving fair maidens, having riches and bragging to his brother of his achievements, this time however he froze with fear and the fair maiden had saved him! He will do better next time.

Looking around the room he saw faces of relief that the evil creature was sent back to what ever awful world it had spawned from. Others were of concern for the health of what appeared the groups leader and the brave mage who they had left up the stairs still unconscious. Casually Seb strolled over, swaggering as he walked as he approached the leader he chuckled at him “Well that was some effort my friend and by Rydor I was impressed. But you should of really left him too me i'm not as weak as I look.” Seb said, nudging the leader with his elbow and laughing.

Seb sheathed his sword now and loosened his armour a little, walking over to the tavern bar he helped himself to a pint of mead, “Drink anyone.” Said Seb casually. (Waiting for an answer) Then went to find a seat he sat down interested in how the group would react with each other especially the new girl. She was beautiful and thought of how funny it was that events had drawn them together, on the same night the same purpose. Maybe there was a future here, he didn't get his hopes up though he was terrible with women, he didn't understand them and he doubted he ever would. His palms went sweaty and he often blushed if a girl even acknowledged him whilst he was walking. He was better with male company, although not late at night!


Posted on 2011-08-17 at 13:15:26.

Tuned_Out
Khash Munee
Karma: 47/0
707 Posts


Of Discipline

Irael scolded himself for being overly satisfied when he had lit the fire. Certainly it had worked in drawing the creature out, but if his companions had not been prepared upon his return it would have meant their deaths. Having let himself get caught up in the singularity of the task, he now questioned just how vigilantly he should bind himself to a task in dire situations. He thought of Mendez and his attempted self-sacrifice and it filled him with penetrating sorrow; he still did not know the man's fate. There was much to correct for this encounter.

Seeing Danamar rise was relieving, although it was obvious that the leader was drained from the incident. Moving towards him, Irael halted realizing that their number was missing two members currently replaced by these strangers. It bothered him; he was never good with introductions.

He cleared his throat. "Sir. I shall attend to the others" Simply nodding as he departed he spared a glance at the newcomers. The knight had not acted despite his words, and now he stood there, draining Kendal's stores; disrespectful of the fallen.

Moving across the common room and up the stairs, Irael found Tariel alert and watching over the fallen Mendez. Tracing a line from one to the other told him Mendez still lived, confirmed by a slight nod from the scout. He moved forward and looked to Tariel.

"The trouble has passed. Let us get him up." He then began to gingerly lift Mendez from the floor; it was no place for so valiant, if rash, a companion.

Irael hoped his voice did not reflect the cold he felt within him. He'd need to re-double the efforts of his training to make up for this.


Posted on 2011-08-20 at 14:32:15.

Tiamat5774
5 Headed Dracohydra
Karma: 80/23
1117 Posts


Mendez

Pain......
Darkness......
Then in flashes.....

*sssSSS-THUD!

Teo stopped midsentence, the wind knocked out of him by something. The smile left his face as he looked down, Mendez following his gaze. There, just barely peeking through Teo’s shirt, was the steel tip of a crossbow bolt while his shirt began to take on a darker stain. Trying to take another step, the man faltered but was caught by Mendez.

“Teo! No!”*

------------------------------------------------------------

*Come on Mendez, I know you are still with us, GET UP!* Teo squeaked, his head just poking out of his carrying pouch.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Teo grunted, the pain barely bearable. “Time for you to go, friend.”

“I’ll not leave ya, Teo.” Tears fell to ground.

A smile came upon the dying man’s face. “I’ll not force you, Mendez.”

Mendez returned the smile. “We’re not dead yet, friend.”*

------------------------------------------------------------

*You're not dead yet, Friend!* a low and barely audible squeak from Teo.

Irael cleared his throat. "Sir. I shall attend to the others" Simply nodding as he departed he spared a glance at the newcomers.

Irael moved across the common room and up the stairs. He found Tariel alert and watching over the fallen Mendez. Tracing a line from one to the other told him Mendez still lived, confirmed by a slight nod from the scout. Irael moved forward and looked to Tariel.

"The trouble has passed. Let us get him up." He then began to gingerly lift Mendez from the floor.

Feeling the movement of his friend, and knowing it wasn't him waking up, Teo scrambled out of his pouch onto his friend's chest and stood up on his hind legs looking at Tariel and Irael expectantly. Teo had to set back down on all four paws to keep his balance in the movement of Mendez's body.

Teo began to nuzzle and burrow into his master's vest and said, *WAKE UP MENDEZ* in a high, loud, emotional squeak, and bit his nipple!

At that moment, Mendez went near straight as a board with the unexpected pain,"Aaahaha OW!"

The sudden movement made Irael almost drop him in mid lift, but was able to keep his balance.

Mendez was still a bit out of it. He reached into to his vest and felt something long, thin, and leathery. He grabbed hold and held it above his head.

In his weakened state, Mendez's eyes had trouble focusing in on the ball of fur hanging upside down by its tail, til he recognized the voice of his rodent friend and familiar, as Teo let loose a stream of squeaks and high pitched noises, that as far as anyone knew, was a string of curses. Mendez, however, understood.

*So, Sleeping Beauty, this is how you thank the one that wakes you from a comatose state?* Teo asked, his voice dripping with aggravation.

Mendez let the furry rodent hesitantly down onto his chest. *"I suppose I should thank you for the free piercings for the day. First my ear, and now my nipple?! I'm really just thankful you are a domesticated rat, and not one of those disease ridden street or sewer rats. Oh by the way, thanks for getting the left ear, this morning. Wouldn't want anyone thinking I was in a funny way"*
He then came to the realization that he wasn't on the ground, horizontal, and moving. "What the hell? Why am I floating?"

He then caught the shadow of a face above his, and with much more effort than he wished to exert, due to the throbbing pain in his head, he focused in and recognized Irael, "Hey Irael, when we reach the bottom of the stairs, help me stand and just get me into a chair. I am exhausted and my leg is killing me. It's painfully numb", Mendez said with a pained and quirky smile.




Posted on 2011-08-20 at 19:00:41.
Edited on 2011-08-21 at 03:06:05 by Tiamat5774

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6089 Posts


But we've not finished yet........

the creature whirl and attack Daldren …. Tad lashed at it with his own rapier.. ..tendrils move in his direction .. Siraya uncorked the vial and flung the water at the thing…… it recoiled….. Danamar moved forward ….. light glowing from him enveloped the creature… the creature wailed…… a sudden blast of light ….the room shook and threw people to the floor…
Tad found himself splay on the floor next to the female elve. Regaining his poise he rose in a swift graceful movement; with rapier still in hand he placed himself on guard.

A scan of room told him the dread was gone, but his new leader was rising slowly and appeared strained and tired. From behind him he heard the females voice, ”Are you alright?” ….“I never would have thought that something as simple as water would harm that thing.”… “My name is Siraya. Now that the threat has passed, please tell me what that thing was, and why it was after your group.”
Turning back the warrior clad elve he saw her extended hand. “Siraya, I am pleased you chose to be here. Your swift action with the Holy Water may have been the moment that turned the tide in our favor. “ Holding his rapier vertical in a salute before him and tipping his head to the warrior maiden, ” Tadirien Vanlithe is in your debt.”

“As Militia Vericulum we are here on Lord Dremon's service and still have duty to provide. The Inn is not yet secure so if you will excuse me I must see to my comrades and the Lord’s people.“ Tad bowed to her as he turned and walked toward Danamar.

Seeing that other members of MV6 were off to check on Mendez, Tad thought of other needs. Stopping in front of the Cleric, Tadirien addressed him with the respect given to a commander.

“ You need to regain your strength, but there is still much to do before we can feel secure. With your leave I will search the rooms of the Inn to be sure its occupants are well or to report the extent of this evil’s touch. We need to find the Inn keeper’s family and see to it the Inn is safely placed in their hands.” Turning he sees the strange Paladin drawing himself a mead from the bar, “I will have the stranger assist.”

As Tad walked out the room he paused, “Siraya, you have proven to be a charm to me despite my rude actions on the stairs, would you honor me again with your help?” Nodding slightly to her Tad turned to address the Paladin in the common room.

Striding to the table where the Paladin had seated himself Tad peered down on him, “Sir Knight of Rydor, would you accompany me in a search of the Inn to find the remainder of the innkeeper’s family and staff. I am sure you wish to find the proper owners so you may pay them for that pint of mead. We must also search the rooms to be sure the Inn’s guests are safe.” With a salute of his rapier Tad moved toward the rear of the Inn where owners rooms sat in eerie silence.



Posted on 2011-08-21 at 03:07:21.
Edited on 2011-08-21 at 20:55:57 by Odyson

The_Haruspex
Regular Visitor
Karma: 6/0
95 Posts


Knight of the Realm?

Seb sipped on his pint feeling the warmth of the mead drain through his body, “Hello old friend.” He whispered under his breath. There was little better in Sebs life then a cool pint of mead, bitter or any such alcoholic beverage. Whilst he sat there enjoying the peaceful minutes after the shock of the shadowy creature, he was disturbed by one of the group of adventurers. Irael he thought his name might have been, looked at him saying “Sir. I shall attend to other things.” It was meant to cause offence, however Seb took it as a compliment if anything Sir? Did these people think he was some knight of the realm? Well if they did they would be sourly disappointed, he thought. Unless, he was to play along with this charade for a while, it could be fun.

After downing his first pint, he was on his way to refill his glass with another mead. Just as he was about to pour the mead he was approached by another one of the group. What now? He thought, the alcohol starting to run through his system. The figure was at the bar now, and said to him arrogantly, “Sir Knight of Rydor, would you accompany me in a search of the Inn to find the remainder of the innkeeper’s family and staff. I am sure you wish to find the proper owners so you may pay them for that pint of mead. We must also search the rooms to be sure the Inn’s guests are safe.”

“In fact friend, I thought our saving of this tavern was payment enough, however as a knight of the realm it is my duty, neigh my privilege to assure everyone is safe. It would be my pleasure to join you.” Hoping his charade of knighthood had sufficed to convince at least one of the adventurers. He followed the newcomer wherever he may go, unsheathing his sword and ready for anything.


Posted on 2011-08-21 at 09:43:54.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.