The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3986 registered users. Our newest member is nhakhoalovely.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - New Destiny Characters (posted by Alacrity)New Destiny Characters
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Alacrity)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by Eol Fefalas)Paranoia: Commies
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Last wish of a Dragon
Parent thread: Dragon Gems Recuitment
Related thread: Last wish of a dying Dragon Q&A
GM for this game: Tus Lased

This game has fizzled.
    Messages in Last wish of a Dragon
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Shikaku
Newbie
Karma: 0/2
10 Posts


recon

The guardian was at the bar, watching the room. A gnome walked into the inn, but he didn't get very far. It seemed there was some trouble and the gnome chased down a rat ending up at the table with the trickster. This was also where Delra was.

He was going to let it slide and see how things turned out, but a voice in his head urged him to look into things further. He made an excuse in his mind to get the tavern girl Delra, besides he could use another drink anyway.

Making his way around the room he arrived at the table and started speaking with Delra. Meanwhile, he was listening intently to the conversation between the gnome and the trickster. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a gem with an incredible shine. Delra had just skipped off and he knew he couldn't stick around for no reason. He scanned the room and found a spot to lean against the wall, with in listening distance, and a good vantage point of the whole room.

Moving over to the spot he had picked, he finished listening to the conversation, as Delra returned with his drink. She sat and talked to him for a bit as he tried hard to focus on the gnome's conversation. Delra was quite the distraction, but he had been trained to do just this sort of thing.


Posted on 2010-06-03 at 07:53:37.

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


The quest

After getting a bite to eat it became late and most of the patrons of the inn had left for their rooms or to thier homes excpet those of the party. A voice inside the gnomes head told him it was time and that the others that were coming were here.
"Alright my young friends as you may already know I am a very powerful warlock. I was under the care of one of the most powerful of red dragons, Darkaer was his name. SOme may know know him some may not. Well due to a severe wound that I nor any healer could heal he died. Leaving six Gems for each of you and yes Gaurdain I'm aware you are listening... Come over here. You too young barbarain and druid."
(Assuming Response)
The gnome waits for the others of the party to get closer before continueing.
He hands out the gems to the approprate people then says, "When you combine the six gems you will be able to summon my master but in spritaul form so I suggest you choose wisely when to cast that spell. ANyways you have all been choosen to battle my masters killer. A dragon that is said to be more evil then his master Howsre...."
The gnome listens to the gasps of the name of the most feared necromancer in all the realms. "If any of you wish to back out now you may but know everything is relying on you."


Posted on 2010-06-05 at 20:59:15.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


The Watcher

The man known only as The Watcher glances up again from his book towards the gathering crowd. Without so much as a word he picks up his quill and begins scratching away in the enormous tome set onthe table before him.


Posted on 2010-06-07 at 17:15:59.

Shikaku
Newbie
Karma: 0/2
10 Posts


declarations

The guardian spent the rest of the night surveying the room. On one occasion he went outside for some fresh air. While he was out there he noticed a female elf. A druid by the look of her, but he wasn't sure. Perhaps she was with the other two elves already in the inn.

When most of the patrons of the inn had gone there were but a few left. The trickster, the male druid, the elf warrior, the gnome, the watcher, and himself. There was also still the druid female outside. The staff was cleaning up and preparing to settle down for the night.

The gnome spoke up and some what introduced himself to the remaining few and revealed a bit of his story. Then he proceeded to call the remaining patrons over to him. The watcher sat writing in his tome. The others began to gather around. Delra was cleaning a table tha tthe guardian passed by on his way toward the gnome. He stopped and spoke to her a moment, giving her an invitation to join him in his room later. She smiled and he continued on toward the gnome with a slight buzz in his mind.

"I for one am curious to know more. I heard you mention your name to our trickster here, yet you fail to tell it to the rest of us. So I shall help you out, Lokis." The guardian spits the last words out with a bit of venom to his voice, but nothing threatening.

"I do not know the circumstances that brought everyone here, but it seems to be a bit of fate. Something I am becoming quite accustomed to as of late. I am here simply to look after my companion. My charge may have had the vision which brought us here. He may also know of the events to come in the near future and their outcome. However, I must inform you that he can interfere in no way. It would break the vows he has pledged to and sever his faith to the core. He may be willing to follow where ever your quest may lead, but only as an observer. I shall add my skills shall you need me, but know this my priority first and foremost is the protection of his life."

With that the guardian sat down at the table across from the gnome.


Posted on 2010-06-08 at 17:11:11.
Edited on 2010-06-09 at 12:52:16 by Shikaku

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Pyrrhus

"So you expect us to go pick a fight with that Lich-Lover's pet dragon because you gave us some glowing rocks?" Pyrrhus asked incredulously. "And this is the same dragon that killed your master, a red wyrm? On what plane do you think we'd last longer than ten seconds if we fight? He was your master, you go smite the overgrown lizard." The sorcerer's volume had grown steadily and he had to stop and calm himself before he started screaming. Pyrrhus set the gray stone the gnome had given him on the table and stared into it.

"Look. I think it's very valiant of you, wanting to avenge your master's death, but unless you're offering more than this trinket as compensation and a plan better than "Go fight very bravely and die very quickly" I think I'm going to have to pass on joining your crusade."

Pyrrhus started absently spinning the stone on the table, playing with it's center of gravity and trying to get a stable, wobble-free rotation. Suddenly he had an idea. Even better, he had an angle. "What's become of your master's hoard, now that he's passed on to... where ever dragons pass on to? Are you, perhaps, a dragon yourself, Lokis, using a gnomish form to enter the town without hassle? Do you plan to keep the mountains of gold that I'm sure your former master possessed to yourself, or could it be used to finance this fool's errand and reward anyone lucky enough to survive it?

"I'm just thinking out loud here. Perhaps a pile of gold like that, if it existed, if it were available, would be enough to assuage any doubts about the mission you've set before us. Enough gold can fix any problem. Again, if it's available. If you're not too busy counting it for yourself while you send this poor barbarian and druid to their deaths. I'm sure the scribe over there could find some rather colorful words to describe their poorly funded end."

Pyrrhus wore a small, crooked grin by the time he finished 'thinking'. He was fairly sure he'd just talked himself into the biggest payday of his life. Assuming he was still in possession of his life after fighting a dragon rumored to be as nasty as Howsre. He tried not think about that part, picturing instead the mansion he could buy and parties he could host and the many many Delras he could pay to live there with him. His crooked grin wasn't so small anymore.


Posted on 2010-06-19 at 12:59:30.

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


No not my masters gold

"So you expect us to go pick a fight with that Lich-Lover's pet dragon because you gave us some glowing rocks?" Pyrrhus asked incredulously. "And this is the same dragon that killed your master, a red wyrm? On what plane do you think we'd last longer than ten seconds if we fight? He was your master, you go smite the overgrown lizard." The sorcerer's volume had grown steadily and he had to stop and calm himself before he started screaming. Pyrrhus set the gray stone the gnome had given him on the table and stared into it.

"Look. I think it's very valiant of you, wanting to avenge your master's death, but unless you're offering more than this trinket as compensation and a plan better than "Go fight very bravely and die very quickly" I think I'm going to have to pass on joining your crusade."

Pyrrhus started absently spinning the stone on the table, playing with it's center of gravity and trying to get a stable, wobble-free rotation. Suddenly he had an idea. Even better, he had an angle. "What's become of your master's hoard, now that he's passed on to... where ever dragons pass on to? Are you, perhaps, a dragon yourself, Lokis, using a gnomish form to enter the town without hassle? Do you plan to keep the mountains of gold that I'm sure your former master possessed to yourself, or could it be used to finance this fool's errand and reward anyone lucky enough to survive it?

"I'm just thinking out loud here. Perhaps a pile of gold like that, if it existed, if it were available, would be enough to assuage any doubts about the mission you've set before us. Enough gold can fix any problem. Again, if it's available. If you're not too busy counting it for yourself while you send this poor barbarian and druid to their deaths. I'm sure the scribe over there could find some rather colorful words to describe their poorly funded end."

Lokis knew that it wasn't going to be as easy as handing over some gems thats magical properties were worth a lot more then any of the numerous mountains of gold,gems, and other rare and valuable items that his master had. But only Lokis knew that. He grinned back at the mage thief.
"As a matter of fact there is mountains of gold and gems and other rare and valuable objects that you have only dreamed of that my master left for you. And as for your question about if I'm a dragon in human form. I would rather not answer that though if you knew my legend you would already have your answer. I also don't expect you to attack the 'lech lover' in your first attack he has many armies that rome these lands. You will gain experance though these many battles then we shall see if you are capable of keeping this from being a sucide mission. I am highly aware that you are fighting a elite fighter but I also expect that once he notices the damage that you have caused to him and his evil ways you will be elite as well. Lastly you are not fighting alone I have for each of you a dragon or in your case watcher a Phoenix that once you learn how to handle them they will be both your life safer and your life source."
Lokis then turns to the one known as the gaurdain. "I am highly aware of the vale the watcher made that he can not fight unless his life is in threat. But I reassure you that the watcher will need to use his phinox powers at one point in time cause the oppionate that he will be facing doesn't care what type of vale was made he will kill anything that doesn't fight him. That is how evil he is and Gaurdain I'm surpised you didn't know that much about the necromancer."
Fear was in the eyes of the young barbarain. "I am just a young fighter how in the world could I become elite and face something that causes my bones not to be able to move just by hearing his name."
"My young friend there is no shame in not embarking on this quest if you really have that much fear and I don't blame you this necromancer is something to be feared then you should not enbark on this mission." Lokis says
The young barbarain turns and heads out the door making his way back to the land of the elves.
(Crowe has informed me that he has left the game so I have made an exit for his character)


Posted on 2010-06-21 at 12:54:24.
Edited on 2010-06-21 at 12:56:30 by Tus Lased

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Scribbles

Without so much as a glance towards the gnome the Watcher's hand lashes out, snatching the stone from the air. For a moment he stops his writing, holding the stone in front of his Watcher's eyes and gazing deep into its depths, and pondering the mysteries that await him there. A few seconds later he calmly sets the stone down next to his book and resumes his writing.


Posted on 2010-06-29 at 17:40:54.

Deucalion
RDI Fixture
Karma: 70/16
582 Posts


Pyrrhus

The red-headed thief raised an eyebrow as he considered Lokis' offer. "It was crazy." he thought, "This little gnome basically wanted them all to go up against an entire army. Not just any army either, one led by a friggin' dragon who, in turn, was taking orders from the world's most feared and sadistic necromancer.

"Putting it that way almost made it sound like some story the bards would recite. Just need a wizened old mentor and we're set." Just as that thought passed through his mind, Pyrrhus remembered the summoning ability of the combined group of stones. "One old mentor; check."

"Okay," the sorcerer said at length, "I'm in. Not necessarily for the whole thing, I am still not quite comfortable with purposefully provoking either a dragon or a certain evil wizard, but I go along with the first part of whatever your scheming and see how it turns out."


Posted on 2010-06-29 at 23:33:54.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


saving the world....

The druid sitting at the table alone had gotten up and moved closer when the gnome said they were all there to meet with him. He listened to the story the gnome told. He was intrigued. He listened to the counterpoint the red headed one put up. why must it also be about compensation He knew he had been called here for a reason. It seemed that this cause was just. He knew he may lose his life but he thought it woudl be worth it.

"It may seem like insurmountable odds but I am willing to face them. I am known as Dûrion and I shall join in on this quest."

Dûrion reached down tot he table and gently picked up the _______ stone in front of him. It was beautiful and eminated power. He opened up his one of his belt pouches and palced the stone inside. "Unless there is more to discuss at this moment, I need to get some rest."

Dûrion excused himself from the table and started heading slowly toward the door intending to return to the clearing where his companion was waiting.

OOC: not know which of the two druid stones Dûrion is to receive I left the color blank for now.


Posted on 2010-07-01 at 01:52:41.

Shikaku
Newbie
Karma: 0/2
10 Posts


together in arms

The guardian was sitting and listening to all that was going on around him. This seemed like a very big endeavor. He was also curious about the young warrior elf walking out. Who would take his place, or did anyone have to?

As the questions flooded through his head he heard a familiar voice blending with his thoughts. He looked toward the watcher as the voice grew more tangible in his mind.

The watcher had just grabbed the stone and was staring at it. The guardian nodded in confirmation before the watcher went back to writing in his book and the voice in his head faded.

Turning toward Lokis and the rest of the group. The guardian spoke up. "The Watcher has decided we will take up your journey. He is curious to know more about you Lokis."

Finishing off the last of his drink, he looked about the room to notice that even the staff seem to have left. "I for one agree with Dûrion, I need some rest. Could we continue this in the morning?"


Posted on 2010-07-01 at 03:54:43.

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


Good night

The Gaurdian looked about the room to notice that even the staff seem to have left. "I for one agree with Dûrion, I need some rest. Could we continue this in the morning?"
"Yes it is getting rather late and we will need to get up a little early in the morning." Lokis says. "Watcher if you don't sleep would you please join me outside. I want to show you something that would intrige you but you may only tell your protector about this."
(Assuming Response can edit if different)
The watcher quickly finishes writing in his book and motions to the guardain that Lokis can be trusted. The guardain goes to his room and Lokis and the watcher head outside of the inn. And out of the town into the nearby forest.
"Now remember my friend no one is to know about this." Lokis says as beautiful crystal white wings start to show behind her back. Finally after Lokis turns into the most beautiful Crystal White Dragon that people have seen in a long time, she turns to the watcher. Who hears a voice that sounds like a thousand angels singing from the heavens. " Now you may communicate with me telepathically since as you can tell in my true form I can't communicate in the common tounge. Anyways a source of mine has invormed me that you and the gaurdain have been to my cave and you have seen what will soon be my heirs. I have a mission for you and the gaurdain. If by some chance this first mission fails I want you and the gaurdain to seal up that cave. I am very old and I maybe able to live forever but at the same time if this fails I can't afford to lose my young and our enemy will know and hunt my young."
LOkis then falls asleep with the watcher.


Posted on 2010-07-03 at 05:02:20.
Edited on 2010-07-03 at 20:50:31 by Tus Lased

Driztts
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/12
91 Posts


Kateranna

Kateranna takes the gem and listens to Lokis story. Pure hate flashes in her eyes as she hears the name of the most feared necromancer in all the realms. She hears Rethea the tiger, her animal companion, growl.
"Lokis there is nothing more that My animal companion and I would want to do then rid the realms of the filth that any Lich lover would do in these realms. Little own that Dispecable one. I consider as I hope all my brothers and sisters that the undead are a unholy abomination...." Kateranna had to stop there she was shaking so bad and her voice was on the verge of screaming. Kateranna takes a few breaths then turns back to Lokis. " Where is it that you plan on us causing havic on this creature to gain enough experance that we can eventally fight him."
Kateranna notices the time and that Lokis seems to have his mind on something more important. " I guess this can wait until morning I need to medatate before I collapse.


Posted on 2010-07-03 at 21:08:19.
Edited on 2010-07-03 at 21:14:51 by Driztts

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Knowledge confirmed

The gnome that was not a gnome spoke again. "Watcher if you don't sleep would you please join me outside. I want to show you something that would intrigue you but you may only tell your protector about this."

With a light nod the Watcher finishes the thought in his tome and closes it. As he stands up from the table everyone else realizes the the book is no longer there. It didn't fade or poof it simply ceased to be on the table.

His strange eyes focused on the gnome as he strode forward. As the guardian moves to join him the Watcher motions him back to his seat. His assistance would not be necessary at the moment.

Without speaking a word he left the room behind the gnome, following him into the nearby forest. The events that took place there were secret, though strangely no surprise to a being trained to observe beyond the boundaries of conventional senses. As the dragon slept he spent the first few hours pacing around the creature, studying its every inch, and documenting his observations in his tome that, for some strange reason, had returned to existence at his call.

After those few hours the man known only as the Watcher found his way back to the inn, figuring a dragon of such ancient age had no need of someone to watch over her as she slept. He climbed up on top of the inn, watching the night sky with reverence until the coming of dawn.


Posted on 2010-07-03 at 21:11:41.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Isilifeline

Isilifeline had woken before dawn of this the fifth day since her first dream of the dragon and a gem and a voice the spoke words she did not quite hear clearly enough to understand. She had traveled that indicated direction since that first time she had dreamed the dream. The dreams were all slightly different except for a few constants--The Dragon, the gem, and the way to go. Each morning she woke with a hint of a direction that remain after the dream had faded. Last nights vision was slightly different. She saw a wolf, a rat, a gnome. A bald man that she had seen from the back but never his face, but she had the impression that he was watching something only what she never saw. There was slender man dressed in dark clothes with dagger stuck all over his person even the one she could not see but knew were there because she carried some exactly the same place. Isilifeline wondered if that might be someone she had know brieflypf. Then there were the glimpses of two different elven males. She did not think she knew them even in passing.

Last night she had seen the wolf walking with an elf, the bald man with another in the shadows and turtle was standing in an dried up desert pool. That symbology escaped her. She could not figure out at all. Why she was experiencing these visions, she did not know. Several times she had tried to stop following the visions and their indicated directions. But that had prove fruitless. The first time she tried to turn back she had nightmares. Two other times she had turned around and then gotten lost and twisted around so that she ended up going the way that had been indicated but the previous night’s dream. Once when she had turned Moondancer back towards home she had thrown a shoe and the nearest town with a farrier was back behind her.

This morning when she work she knew what direction she had to travel but not how far. A quick cold breakfast had to suffice her, though Moondancer got her full measure of grain, while Isilifeline groomed her thoroughly check her shoes, cleaned out her hooves, and braided her long mane and tail so so that it would not get tangled or caught up with burrs or briers. Afternoon found her well down the road still heading in the direction she had seen in her vision. She keep looking for any things she had see in her visions. Alternately she road for an hour and then gave Moondancer a break and walked or jogged alongside the mare for about half an hour then remounted and moved on. She passed a few small caravans, traveling peddlers that serviced the locals far from the large town and cities.

The sun was setting but still she road on. And hoped to find a village or farm before it got too late. She really didn’t want to sleep rough again. With the moon up and the star shining brightly she and her elven steed could travel as easily at night as the day. Rounding a curve on the road the lights of a building just off the road drew her attention easily. A warm golden light shone out of the windows. She rode towards what she thought looked like an inn.—what she hoped was an inn anyway. Nothing really special about it but it was a welcome sight. Riding up to the front door she stopped to read the sign hanging by the door and froze. The Thirsty Turtles, was what it read. Now the symbology of last night’s vision was directly before her.

Dismounting she calls out for a stableman. When the man finally appeared, she removed her saddlebags. Passing her reins over her mares head she hands them to the man, “If you have a loose stall I want for my mare, “Grass hay, and two measures of grain and a thorough brushing.” I will tell the innkeeper what I have ordered. You can confirm it with him or her later.” Taking her bow case, and saddlebags with her into the inn. Entering the inn she looked around. Locating the Innkeeper near the bar she crosses over to deal with him first.

The elven woman that opened the door and moved in from the dark outside was tall for an elf. Her hair was lke a ray of sunshine . IT reflected the golden light from the candle and lamps about the room. She was well dressed in a fine rich blue tunic with embroidery on the hems, cuffs, and neckline, Tight tailored matching blue pants with high fine riding boots the clung closely to her long legs, completed her basic attire. A fine Imperial blue cloak lined in dark gray hung slightly open it was trimmed in fine embroidery as well in vines and leaves in the eleven fashion.

“Ah, good innkeeper. I hope you have an empty room for the night, dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow. I have a horse that I have given over to the stableman to have put into a loose box, with hay, grain and grooming included. If you can provide those things, tell me how much I will tender the amount immediately. Once her negotiation ar done and payment passed over she turns around to survey the common room. Her hesitation is virtually unnoticeable. The bald, man, the man id dark clothes not to far off, a gnome, a rat, all those were here. Looking she sees some of the others that had appeared in her visions. Crossing over to where the gnome sat. Excuse me I hope you wouldn’t mind me taking a seat at your table.”


Posted on 2010-07-05 at 06:10:00.

Tus Lased
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 16/15
127 Posts


The fifth day

Lokis woke with a start. She knew something was missing at first she thought it was the watcher but the little voice told her that she was far off. Someone or something was arriving tonight and whatever it was that was coming it had great importance to the mission.
A new member of the party surely not. Then Lokis felt slapped in the face. It was someone that her master and mate wanted for the party. Lokis quickly changed back into her gnome form. A little to quickly as she fell on her face as her front legs gave out. Quickly after the transformatation she picks herself up, brushes herself off and heads to the inn. The sun was in the middle of the sky by the time that she entered the inn. She quickly found the rest of the party in the inn but the new member had not arrived yet. Lokis takes a seat with the mage thief and answers a few questions that where asked last night.
"We are going to the land of the dwarves first as it is said that they have a stronghold that dates back to the first dwarves that was wrongfully fully taken from then and is invested with goblins and a couple armies of trolls." Lokis's nose wrinkles at the word troll there was nothing that burned a dragons nose worse then the smell of trolls.
The day grew on and finally a tall elvin women enters the inn.
“Ah, good innkeeper. I hope you have an empty room for the night, dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow. I have a horse that I have given over to the stableman to have put into a loose box, with hay, grain and grooming included. If you can provide those things, tell me how much I will tender the amount immediately."
" A good meal you say." answers the bartender. " And room and a stall that will be three silver."
The elf hands over the silver and heads over to the table with the gnome and the Mage thief. "Excuse me I hope you wouldn’t mind me taking a seat at your table.”
"Finally our party is complete there is one more rouge coming but we will meet them on the caravan as we leave town, yes my lady you may sit here I know you must have had a long ride and you are probably sore. Rest awhile and we will head out tommorrow." Lokis says "If you will excuse me I need to reserve a room for tonight so I don't have to sleep on the road again."


Posted on 2010-07-05 at 12:35:40.
Edited on 2010-07-05 at 12:41:47 by Tus Lased

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.