The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members: t_catt11, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Spamvertize - Olan Makes Vanilla Extract (posted by t_catt11)Olan Does Vanilla?
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Reralae)Hidden Corruption
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Rolling Darkness - Chapter one
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   
    Messages in The Rolling Darkness - Chapter one
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00

Mr.Conquest
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 11/3
112 Posts


And we're off

The 3 people pick up their gear, don their armour and set off along the path. As you head towards the manor the paladin asks you "Are you any good in combat, there should be a fair bit once we reach the kobolds lair."

As you come along the road you hear rustling in the bushes.
(Perception test all)
((Will continue post AFTER tests have been made))


Posted on 2010-07-01 at 19:47:44.

QuestorSilvanthus
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/0
79 Posts


Aloof as usual...

As we are walking along Graven has his head buried in a book. Consciously studying all he can on Kobolds and their lairs or homesteads. His is quite aloof at any noise going on about him as he is studying. He seems to be mesmerized by what he is reading.

(Perception Check roll 15 needed 13. Bah!)


Posted on 2010-07-06 at 13:56:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6170 Posts


Somethings there.....

Without a map to follow, Erevan studies the road and surrounds carefully for signs of the Kobold. The fighter seems to walk with a constant swagger and the Paladin remains quite, almost distant in his reguard of the others. Though they have been assigned together there is little sign of trust. Erevan knows that only action will mean anything to these warriors. Surely time will give them all an opportunity to prove themselves.

As they draw near the site of the caravan attack his attention is drawn to a rustling in the bushes. Quietly he alerts (free action) the others as he pulls an arrow from its quiver and knocks it (free action).

(I rolled a 14 + 7 perception modifier = 21)


Posted on 2010-07-06 at 14:28:17.
Edited on 2010-08-01 at 15:31:38 by Odyson

Mr.Conquest
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 11/3
112 Posts


Ambush

5 Kobold's emerge from the bushes, 2 holding slings and 3 with swords and shields. They come charging at you and attempt to take you out!

(Initiative rolls!)


Posted on 2010-07-06 at 19:24:03.

QuestorSilvanthus
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/0
79 Posts


By the energies of the East lay low these nefarious creatures!

{Roll 14 +4 = 18, depending on where I sit in the queue I will do below.}

Graven's eyes set ablaze as his magic hand moves the book out of his way. Graven sets himself in a position off to the side to allow for him to hit all of his targets at once without hitting his comrades. He knows to well what this spell can do and readies for it.

You see Graven's eye twinkle brilliantly as he brings out a crystalline orb in his right hand. The orb itself is entwined with magic and to stare at it to long could drive you mad. Graven holds the orb high above his head as if calling to the sky itself. You hear an invocation from Graven's mouth that you cannot fully comprehend. And he raises his left hand as a wave of energy comes charging through him from the sky. The energy springs forth with a sound of a 'KRAKOOOOOOW' in an arch covering the area where the kobolds once stood.

{Thunderwave -
Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier (+4) thunder
damage, and you push the target a number of
squares equal to your Wisdom modifier (+3).

Area of Effect: (Page 272 in PlHB) Close Blast 3

Magic Orb +1: +5 attack, 1d6+5 damage}



{Roll to hit 23, 23, 14, 16, 15 listed below -
18 Your total roll is 23 and a mod of 5.
18 Your total roll is 23 and a mod of 5.
9 Your total roll is 14 and a mod of 5.
11 Your total roll is 16 and a mod of 5.
10 Your total roll is 15 and a mod of 5. }

{This would be from where I am to the left of the oncoming hoard and trying to get everyone in the blast. So it may get one shield and one slinger with the first two to hits, or it may get both shields with the first two. Maybe roll and number them to check for to hits. I don't know! }

{Damage (rolled once per plhbk): 9 damage to any of them that are hit (rollhere) - 4 Your total roll is 9 and a mod of 5.}


Posted on 2010-07-06 at 20:27:38.
Edited on 2010-07-07 at 14:41:18 by QuestorSilvanthus

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6170 Posts


A Time for Action...

Erevan: (Initiative rolls!) 16+5=21

As the Kobold move out from the bushes Erevan calls, “Ignouc, Graven, K’Shakt get the three Dragonshields and I’ll go after the Slingers (Hunter’s Quarry) and try to keep them off you. Syam, bring us luck!” Adding a second arrow Erevan sights on two Slingers and lets fly two arrows. (Split the Tree, Prime Shot on lead Slinger)

Attack Roll: d20+7(make two rolls, take high against both targets)
Your roll results:
10 Your total roll is 17 and a mod of +7.
13 Your total roll is 20 and a mod of +7. (Prime Shot +1= 21 )


Damage: 2d10+5
Your roll results:
5 10 Your total roll is 20 and a mod of +5.
Hunters Quarry (1d6): Your total roll is 2.
22 on Lead Slinger.
6 3 Your total roll is 14 and a mod of +5. (Second Slinger)



Posted on 2010-07-07 at 03:11:17.
Edited on 2010-08-01 at 15:30:12 by Odyson

Pit F(r)iend
Welcome Waggin'
Karma: 115/3
1245 Posts


It's Choppin' Time!

K’Shakt: Initiative 17 (no mod)
Perception 18 (16 base+2 mod)

“Koboldsss!” K’Shakt hisses through slightly parted jaws. *In Draconic* “Careful, little onesss, or you may hurt yoursselvess with your pointy toyss! Here, let me take them for Human children to play with.” He quickly ends his taunting of the little creatures as he brandishes his axe, showing them that the Dragonborn means business. *Common* “You have thiss one chance to ssurrender, or by The Seven, you’ll not sseee another dawn!”

K’Shakt steps boldly toward the nearest mewling abomination that dares claim Dragonblood and attacks (assuming the offer of surrender was declined).

Attack roll (basic melee) Battleaxe 23 (base 17+6 mod)
Damage 6 (base 2+4 mod (str))


Posted on 2010-07-25 at 04:26:44.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6170 Posts


A United Force...

Erevan notes that this seeming rag tag group he has joined moves almost as one as the Kobolds emerge from the forest. The Cleric instinctively moves behind the fighter and the Paladin. The Paladin that had been so quiet along journey shows a boldness and strength that the party will need. Our first test.


Posted on 2010-08-01 at 15:10:43.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.