The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4000 registered users. Our newest member is bradwalsh.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Reralae)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds and Sand Recruitment
Related thread: Winds and Sand Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds & Sand Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: Almerin, Shades331, crowe, Shield Wolf
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo's Final Preparations

Echo nodded to the dwarves, pleased they had listened rather than arguing some very valid point about how risky this whole plan was. "Before we head out I will need to swing by my room to grab a few things, but I should be ready in no more than 10 minutes, more than likely 5. We'll meet at the front entrance once everyone has had time to prepare."

With out waiting for another reply he headed out of the meeting room and to his quarters. He had not brought much with him to the meeting, rarely did he need weapons or tools during a meeting, plus he was never fully unarmed anyway thanks to his abilities. Knowing that he had at least a small reputation within the town, nowhere near what it was in the guild hall though, he pulled out a light long sleeved doublet and pulled it over his head. This would hide the tattoo, the way by which most people recognized him. He tied back his hair, moving strands away from his face and tucking them behind his ears. He then grabbed his sun lenses, making sure to have them handy just in case.

He tossed his empty pack on the bed and started pulling things out to load up just in case. He tossed in a couple days trail rations, hooked on a waterskin, put various other objects carefully in their places (oil, sunrods, salves, etc.. Just assume he's packed it all, and whatever coins or gems don't end up in his belt pouch are tucked safely into his pack, all but 5 of the bloodstones and 25g anyway which he'll leave hidden in his room as "emergency funds".)

He then strapped on his crossbow and case of bolts, tucked his daggers away out of sight, and hooked his morningstar to his belt. Into his belt pouches he dropped a couple platinum and 5 bloodstones into one, into the other he placed 10 tindertwigs. He also tied his bag of caltrops to his belt much like most people would a coin pouch.

Giving everything one last look over to make sure he hadn't missed anything he made sure to pick up his lenses and headed to the main entrance to meet the rest of the group and get this mission underway.


Posted on 2010-07-21 at 13:14:06.
Edited on 2010-07-22 at 12:34:04 by Shield Wolf

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

You find an available coach with little effort. It isn't something a rich merchant would ride in, but it will suffice for your purposes. (I have subtracted 5 gold pieces from Almerin for the ride/rental).

Using the map, you also locate the warehouse without much problem.

Skit gets out a few blocks away from the warehouse, under the guise of stopping to visit a food vendor's booth. After gazing over some of the mouthwatering meats that are steaming on the grill he manages to pull himself away and slip into an alley.

(I will be discussing actions with Dakarta, who can come back and report to the group, hopefully no later than Sunday.)


Posted on 2010-07-23 at 17:33:25.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel's recon

Daleel got out of the coach near a food vendor. He lingered there for a moment thinking of how hungry he was. He bought a few pieces of sweet meat and them slipped down an alleyway. He quickly made his way to the warehouse in question, all the while sticking to the alleyways. When he arrived at the warehouse, he worked his way around the perimeter. Looking for entrances and guards. Once he felt comfortable enough he approached closer and looked for hidden entrances or trap doors. He would have tried to see into the warehouse but the windows were too high up and he didn't want to risk being discovered. As he was working around the building he could hear what sounded like an argument behind the walls. Disappointed with his findings, but knowing he had to get back he left the area for the rendevous with the coach.

It didn't take Daleel long to get back to the meeting with the coach and the rest of the team. After resting for a moment he relaye dthe information he had found to the others. "Well, we may have to modify our plan a bit. There wasn't a one guard around the whole warehouse. The main area is about 70 foot square and two stories high on the main part. Large sliding barn door on the west side opening to the main street. There is a smaller area branching of the south east corner, probably an office, about 20 foot by 30 foot only one story. Two smaller man doors, one on the main warehouse, one on the office area. Both are on the south side and have sliding view ports. All doors are easily seen from the main street. Windows are on the second level of the main building area. They were to high up to get to with out risk of detection. I wasn't able to get an interior layout or an eye on the cargo." Daleel takes a moment to re organize his thoughts before continuing on. "As far as the lack of guards I was a bit concerned. I made sure to take a look at the surrounding areas to see if it seemed as if anyone was watching the warehouse. I didn't really notice anything. There are no trap or secret doors that I could find. There is an alley way along the north and east walls. When I was close to the building I could here at least two people. They were arguing about something but I couldn't tell what. Although, there was an echo. That makes me think the main warehouse is open with possibly only a ledge area around the second story." Reaching into his belt pouch, he pulls out a small piece of chalk as he continues on. "I did find a symbol on the building. I don't recognize it but I was hoping one of you may."

Daleel takes his chalk and draws a symbol on the nearest available surface that everyone can see. The symbol starts with a sort of half circle with tht ebottom just a little flattened out and not completely rounded. Inside he draws a whip and a scythe crossed over each other.

"Damn, I just realized I could have pulled the ole orphan collecting money bit and possibly gotten a look into the place. I'm sorry guys I felt a little frazzled. Well, unfortunately that's all I could figure out."

Daleel was a bit down about forgetting such a simple tactic. He pulled out a piece of the sweet meat he bought earlier, took a bite and sat back. He waited to see what the next course of action would be.


Posted on 2010-07-24 at 20:59:49.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Argent thinks it's not a problem

"I think it's good that you didn't knock on their door." Argent says. "If they get several people asking for things they might get suspicious."

He didn't really have to say more. The halfling had done quite well. One can never know how to deal with certain situations if they weren't anticipated beforehand. That's why the monk tried to keep all possibilities open usually. It also meant that he over-analyzed sometimes. At those moments it was good to have a brother who would barge in first and think later. He smiled, being lucky to have family with him there, who he could count on, no matter what.

"Let's continue with the plan. Nothing's lost, yet."

With adding a little nod of his head in the direction of the building, he urges the others to move on. Time was not on their hand, and it might already be too late if people were arguing. The lack of guards also made him wonder what was going on. Still, he would see what exactly was going on in a few minutes, so he tried to focus on the task at hand.


Posted on 2010-07-27 at 20:16:20.

crowe
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 17/4
197 Posts


Thiferl can get us in

Thinking about the old orphan asking for money routine, something that both he and his brother didn't have to fake he thought about the religious orders that had raised them. It was not uncommon for clerics of Amon Atus to knock on strangers doors asking for alms to the poor and delivering a prayer of blessing in return.
Explaining his plan to the men gathered round, he showed them the holy symbol about his neck, a triangle with three rain drops inside. At the very least he could probably get someone to answer a door, and if the others were very very quiet, they might be able to enter the second door. If there was a lock, someone would have to take care of that, and if they couldn't pick it, he handed a hammer to his brother, saying that he would pray very loudly to Amon Atus to bless the men. And if they happen to donate anything, there are orphans out there in need.
"So, what do you think?" he asked the rest of them.


Posted on 2010-07-27 at 21:55:55.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo has a question

Echo listened intently, analyzing what the others had to say, "If we are going with this Clerical distraction plan then is it safe to assume I will not be needing to use the spell I had initially planned to? Or are we just using the prayer bit to draw someone out as a target of a spell?"


Posted on 2010-07-27 at 22:23:45.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel i'm up for a little B&E

"I'm all for it. Especially since I see no other way in. I should be able to pick the lock of the other door. I will need a bit of cover from the street though so as not to be seen."

Daleel reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out his lockpicking tools.

"I'm ready when everyone else is."


Posted on 2010-07-30 at 03:39:27.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo's move

Slightly disappointed that his self-proclaimed brilliant plan would not be the course of action taken Echo exits the wagon and makes his way toward where the smaller door is that they are planning to attempt to enter through. In order to make his way to the door as discretely as possible he first crosses to the other side of the street away from the warehouse, just in case any guards are watching the streets for suspicious activity.


Posted on 2010-08-01 at 11:55:17.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The coach rolls by the warehouse, giving you all a good look at the structure. It appears exactly as the halfling described it, with a two story area (likely the warehouse itself) and a smaller building branching off of the side, which has been named as the office. No guards are visible at this time.

The carriage rolls to a stop and each member of the group steps out and argent hands payment over to the driver. After a few moments the carriage is rumbling off down the street once again.

The warehouse sits silently as the group approaches, each moving separately so as not to be noticed by any potential guards, or suspected by the people on the street. Argent and Thiferl approach slowly, making a show of inspecting the building, their cover stories prepared should they be questioned. They stop for a moment outside of the office door and begin a discussion, though none in the crows are close enough to hear the topic. The clumsy warrior is playing the part of a body guard, casually leaning against the side of the building as the dwarves do their inspection and have their discussion, but still keeping an eye on the street for any threats. None seem yet apparent.

Meanwhile the stealthy Daleel drifts out of a back alley and comes up to the office door, his position concealed from the street by the dwarves. He takes a moment to inspect the door and its lock.

"The door doesn't look locked to me." whispers the halfling to his dwarven compatriots. "Unless it is barred from the inside, which I of course can't tell from here."

_________________________________________________

Echo is beginning to cross the street towards the warehouse at this point, and thanks to a successful Perception check he notices a group of ruffians approaching down the road (from the opposite direction the carriage went). There are 3 of them, and the rest of the group is thus far oblivious to their presence since they are too far down the street for the rest to see. At their current pace they will pass the warehouse in about 3 minutes or so.

Nothing has left the warehouse (as far as you can tell) since Daleel's inspection.

The time is 3 hours passed Selene's Zenith.



Posted on 2010-08-02 at 14:43:50.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo spots someone coming

Being ever watchful Echario easily notices a group of what appears to be 3 ruffians approaching the warehouse. From his estimates they will be upon the group in no more than 3 minutes. He quickly reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out the signal whistle he always carries, giving one quick sharp whistle, praying silently to the God(dess) of Luck that only his companions take any real notice to the short signal. Should they notice he will motion down the street with discrete hand gestures in order to draw the rest of their attention to the small group approaching.


Posted on 2010-08-02 at 17:56:16.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel ponders

Daleel was confused by the fact that the door was not locked. It through him off and unsettled him. As he was contemplating moving into the warehouse he heard a whistle. He looked around worried that there may be authorities in the area. (assume I see no authorites and instead see Echo and his gesture down the street)
"What possibly could he want?" Daleel casually walks toward the street and leans agains tthe side of the building. He pulls out a small piece of jerky and begins chewing on it as he casually scans the street in both directions. When he looks in the direction that Echo was indicating, he notices three rather surly looking fellows.

He stands up and stretches a bit before walking back toward the door and the others. Once he is back off the street he motions for Echo to come join the rest of the team. "Well, it seems that Echo has possibly spotted a complication. There are three rather surly fellows coming our way. I can't say for sure they are coming here, but I can't say they aren't either."

The small halfling started pacing back and forth. Time was running out. if they are on their way here it could be bad for us. "They will be here nay moment. Fighing here in the open by the street would not be wise. I think we should move in the door and take the fight to a more enclosed, out of the way area. Hopefully there aren't too many more inside."

Daleel put his hand on the door and prepared to slowly open it.


Posted on 2010-08-08 at 23:20:05.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo tries to look casual

Trying not to draw attention to himself or the group Echario casually makes his way across the street so as not to appear to be heading anywhere in particular. As he meets up with the group he is rather shocked to see the Halfling already starting to open the door. Something did not feel right, but he knew trying to fight out here in the open would not be a good idea, so he went along with the flow of things.


Posted on 2010-08-09 at 03:59:47.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The halfling opens the door into a relatively well lit office-like space. A large desk faces the doorway about 20 feet into the room, and along the wall to your left is a book shelf full of books and scrolls. A large door stands about ten feet behind the desk, closed, with a large (and rather well-crafted by the looks of it) lock sealing it shut. A second door leads off to the right, just beyond the desk.

You see two people standing between you and the desk, apparently having a conversation with a third, seated behind the desk. One of them is rather lithe, with long brown hair and a rapier strapped to her side. The other is larger, perhaps with some barbarian or orc blood in him. He is clad in armor made of interweaving leather straps, and carries a large sword (akin to a great sword) in a sling on his back.

"...we will NOT be bullied about like this. Our gold is worth as much as any of your silk swaddled merchant friends." The woman glances over her shoulder as you enter, revealing slightly slanted gray eyes and a truly beautiful face.

"It seems our negotiations have been interrupted Kai'leen. Perhaps it would be better if we continued this later."

"As you wish." says the man behind the desk, in a thick accent (common to desert nomads).

Her and her companions turn on their heels to face the group. A slight smirk crosses her face as she takes in what she sees. The larger man stand expressionless. Without a word she pushes her way through the group, followed by the large one and storms out of the warehouse. After a moment the man behind the desk speaks once again.

"Can I help you gentlemen?"


Posted on 2010-08-09 at 17:14:40.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Argent starts the con

Understandibly, Daleel tried the door to the office. It was only logical that the Halfling moved them further, if nobody replied to their presence outside. But apparently he was noted as soon as the door opened, and they had to improvise. Argent moved to the door soon after it was opened, and relaxed his tread when he came close. Leisurely he approached the opening and let himself be seen as he turned to his brother.

“Perhaps it’s easier to just ask, instead of wandering around the building all the time?”

Their game was on, and although Argent didn’t know what to expect, as the situation confused him, he was not going to let it show. His brother would do the talking, and he would do his best to steer him in the right directions if need be.


Posted on 2010-08-10 at 17:36:02.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update... of sorts...

The man stares at you for a few moments before speaking once again.

"Well, if you're going to stand the muttering to yourselves you should do it outside if you don't mind. I've got work to do."

He returns to his work at his desk, writing something and looking at various pieces of parchment that are strewn across his desk in his variation of "organization."


Posted on 2010-08-16 at 08:56:43.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.