The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3986 registered users. Our newest member is nhakhoalovely.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, Keeper of Dragons
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Personal Creations - When dad jokes meet Star Wars (posted by t_catt11)Dad jokes meet Star Wars
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Nomad D2)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Paranoia: Commies Q&A (posted by SilentOne)Paranoia: C Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Paranoia: the Only Good Commie is a Dead Commie (posted by breebles)Paranoia: Commies
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds and Sand Recruitment
Related thread: Winds and Sand Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds & Sand Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: Almerin, Shades331, crowe, Shield Wolf
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Impatient Echo answers

Echario had never liked having to be the voice of a group, yet it always seemed to happen that way, and it seemed these fellows were going to require him to do some talking as well.

He stepped forward, pushing past the shorter members and bowed before addressing the gentleman at the desk, "My good sir, what my short friends here would like to say is that they have been in the market for a store front in which to open a smithy of their own. They had been hoping for something at the waterfront in case of some fiery mishap, and it seemed only reasonable that perhaps we should ask other business owners how the location would work out. Is traffic through the area sufficient to keep business steady, is the area relatively free of crime, and most importantly, is there another smithy around that would provide competition to my associates?"

He knew he had asked far too many questions at once, one of his many nervous habits when being pushed into being the mouth of a group. As such he paused and waited to see how things would pan out at this point before seeing about perhaps getting a tour, which would allow for a better idea of the layout, and give them a chance to hopefully locate the goods and formulate a better plan.


Posted on 2010-08-16 at 13:21:44.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Conversation

"There closest smithy is a few blocks east of here, near the glassworks. Though we don't handle things like that. We are used for the storage of goods. Usually goods transferring to or from North Harbor."

He shuffles through his papers a moment, grabbing one of the pieces of parchment seemingly at random.

"If you wish, you can write your name and that of your business on this parchment. Also please record the nature of your business. A smithy was it? We don't have space, nor facilities for a forge. We could, however, store your goods or the raw ore until you need it. Though...."

He shuffles through his papers once again.

"It seems as though our warehouse is filled up until high moon tomorrow. If you care to come back then we can make all of the necessary arrangements."

At that moment you hear a cry from beyond the locked door behind him. It is a shrill cry of pain. Though you couldn't tell if was male or female, it was definitely humanoid. The man at the desk makes no reaction, seeming as if not to hear it.


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 03:51:35.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo continues

"I will leave the paperwork to my shorter companions here, as the business is their dream, however it seems you dodged the other questions I had asked, could you possibly provide those answers before we take our leave?"

At least one positive had come out of this ruse though, they knew that something was leaving the warehouse tomorrow and when it was leaving. That meant if the goods they sought were being moved tomorrow they now knew when to expect that movement.


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 14:12:45.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Response

"I apologize. I figured that since our warehouse could not support the business itself, only the storage of materials, the other questions were moot. Forgive me for the assumption." A small sneer appears on his face for a split second before vanishing once again."

"It is a warehouse district, not a marketplace sir. There are a few shops and places like the glass works near by, but over all actual shops are few and far between. I imagine that if your dwarven friends are as good at their craft as dwarves generally are, I'm sure they could find adequate business dealing with the warehouse owners and such."


Posted on 2010-08-17 at 23:08:15.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


Argent

Argent walked into the office, seeing how his brother was occupied by other things.

"Excuse me," he began, "Dwarves are generally good at their crafts, but we offer something special."

He walked over to the desk, casually conversing, bragging, about the business he and his brother would start. His whole demeanor was light-hearted but with an air of self-conviction.

"This smithies will be more than a shop with magnificent weapons... This..."
He walked around the desk to stand eye to eye with the man,

"This will be the complete experience. You know how the masses like to be entertained!? This shop will hold an aura of craft and magic that is tangible. You feel the heat without any of the discomfort. You see the sweat without the unpleasant smell. It's the romantic side of expertise with the outcome of true perfection."

He was selling it like he would sell the shop to real investors, with just a little extra flavour put into it.

"You can imagine that it takes more than a simple stand at the marketplace to hold a shop like this. To build an empire, you have to think bigger."

He turned to the door behind the man, where the cry had come from.

"Now if we can look around to see if this matches our plans, I will pay you handsomely afterwards."

He put his hand on the door handle. In reality, however, he was more focused on the man behind the desk and his associates, then on actually opening it. He wanted to test their reaction, and was ready if they proved hostile.



Posted on 2010-08-18 at 09:57:40.
Edited on 2010-08-18 at 10:02:01 by Almerin

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Reaction

The man seemed confident in the door's locks, as he remains sitting and is already turning back to his work as he speaks.

"I've already told your taller friend here, and I'm assuming you have ears to listen rather than just a tongue to wag. We do not have facilities for that. This is a warehouse sir, not a shop or a carnival. Now if you have no further business please usher yourselves back the way you came."


Posted on 2010-08-18 at 17:12:32.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo speaks again

((This may be slightly out of order since the screams occurred before my last post, so I'm sorry for the back post.))

Echo, always thinking of new angles, spoke again, "Out of curiosity, should my associates decide to make use of your facilities for storage of ores and extra tools, what would be the latest time we would be allowed or able to deliver goods to the warehouse? Is there always someone on hand for intake, or would we have to make special arrangements to deliver late as to avoid the harbor traffic?" When the screams rang out from the main warehouse Echo raised a brow curiously, then asked, "Did one of your employees just have an accident? Shouldn't you check to see that no one is hurt?" Echo, of course, could care less, but the question might at least prompt the man to open the door into the main area, perhaps even turning his back long enough for Echo to pull a trick or two out of his proverbial sleeve.


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 03:55:48.
Edited on 2010-08-22 at 04:06:19 by Shield Wolf

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Out of Order

(OOC: This is the only conversation post I will allow to occur before the man's final statement. No one posted a response to the scream, so... no one responded. All others will be ignored. This post occurs just before the segment of conversation in which that the man pretty much asks the party to leave.)

"Special arrangements must be made after moonset to ensure someone is present to register and verify the goods being dropped off. However, I assure you that that this building is well-secured at all times."

(scream)

"At times the merchandise of some of these merchants can be a little less than agreeable. I'm sure everyone is alright."


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 14:21:31.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo admits defeat, for now

Echo, not wanting to further agitate the man turned on his heels rather whimsically and turned to leave, slipping between his companions and exitting to the street where they had been previously. This would require a new strategy. They knew a few new facts though, the goods were moving tomorrow, and the man seemed to pay little attention to screams in the warehouse. What they could do with this new information was the question.


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 14:44:17.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


it seems Argent is at the end of his push

Argent knew by the man's reaction that they were not going to get any more information at this point. He had fallen for their ruse, the monk assumed, and now it was time to leave.

"We thank you for the information, sir. We'll keep it in mind, right?" He looked at his brother, who was still absent(minded).

With a friendly nod to the man behind the desk he departed. Outside, however, he seemed less eager to leave the storage facility behind.

"Alright guys," he whispered when they were away from the door, "there is something strange going on inside that warehouse. I say we find another way in. Any suggestions?"


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 15:33:26.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo goes back to silence

Echo simply shrugged, he wasn't used to doing so much talking and he wasn't really in the mood to continue talking now. This entire fiasco had turned itself upside down and inside out and he was getting rather annoyed and impatient. This job should have been easy enough, and yet here they were no closer to their goal than they had been from the start.


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 16:40:01.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel

Daleel followed his companions out of the office. Once they were outside Argent suggested finding another way in.

"I didn't like the sound of that scream. It seems odd that the merchandise can get unagreeable."

They seemed to be out of options for getting in an easy way. Daleel figured they didn't have the time to waste on another plan.

we could storm the warehouse. dangerous considering we don't know what is inside. possibilty of being cut off while finding the cargo. worth the risk. I dunno. got to try.
"We can rush the warehouse, not by the main door of course. There is another door. One that seems to run directly into the warehouse itself from this side. If it is locked I can pick it but everyone needs to be ready to move in and face whatever is in there. Then we need to search for the cargo and get back out. It is risky and dangerous, but it may be our only option at this point."


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 18:53:46.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update... as it were...

The door to the warehouse closes behind you, leaving you out of sight of the man inside. As the dwarven monk has observed, it seems you must now find another way in.

The suggestion has been made that an entry by force should be attempted. After looking around you notice the small door Daleel was refering to in the side of the main warehouse building facing you. The large main door is another option of course, and the windows (which are more air vents than windows, being wooden sections that are propped up away from the building) would be yet another possibility. However, the main street is to your left, and traffic is beginning to pick up as moon set approaches, so you must act quickly.

Another thing you notice is that your greatsword wielding companion seems to have vanished. Thinking back, none of you seem to remember him entering the office section of the warehouse with you, nor any sighting of him after stepping out of the carriage that brought you here. A strange occurance indeed...


Posted on 2010-08-22 at 21:37:23.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo has a thought

Echo listened as the halfling suggested they force their way in, he had honestly been thinking much the same thing. If the man they were to assume was the manager had not seemed too worried about the scream earlier it may be safe to assume he would pay little heed to another. But something occurred to him, and he spoke up regarding the matter, "What if this "Unagreeable merchandise" is the cargo we've been sent to retrieve?"


Posted on 2010-08-23 at 04:45:00.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/19
3010 Posts


A thought in Argent's head

Argent stopped as Echo spoke his thoughts.

"Wait," he said, "are you saying you think the merchandise is humanoid trafficking? If so, we have no time to lose!"

This was what he had been waiting for, a legitimate reason to break into the building.

"Let's go." he stated, and accompanied the rest to the back door.


Posted on 2010-08-23 at 10:13:18.

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.