The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Nomad D2)Destiny's Flight
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds and Sand Recruitment
Related thread: Winds and Sand Q&A
Related thread: Realms of Twilight - Winds & Sand Characters
GM for this game: Steelight
Players for this game: Almerin, Shades331, crowe, Shield Wolf
This game is on hiatus.
    Messages in Realms of Twilight -Winds and Sand
RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Shades331
RDI Fixture
Karma: 22/5
513 Posts


actions speak louder then words

The half-orc nods. It is apparent that their attention was on the immediate situation and would not allow them to contemplate his deal. No matter, this was a better chance than any for him to escape. He would oblige their commands... for now.


Posted on 2010-10-26 at 21:10:37.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echo assists

Almost certain that his strength would be of little use in moving these large crates he diverts his efforts to a more charismatic use, leading the mass of slaves toward the ladder the Dwarven brother was guiding them up. "We must move quickly if you value your lives and freedom, quickly up the ladder, a way out will be revealed..." His last words kinda trailed off, not too confident in what he was saying, not even sure they could get the doors blocked before the men on the streets were upon them.


Posted on 2010-10-27 at 22:21:02.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel

How could I forget the way I came in? I've got to pull it together or I'm going to end up on the long end of someone's sword.
He worked his way up the ladder. Moving between the slaves and his companions, he quickly made his way over to the window he had come in. "I'll go out first. I've got a smaller profile and may be able to get a better view without being seen."

With that he slips out the window and onto the roof of the office.

(OOCaleel's intention is to quickly survey the area to get an idea of what they are up against and possible escape routes. His best idea is to head into the alley. If it is clear he will signal for others to follow.)


Posted on 2010-11-02 at 00:43:11.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

With amazing efficiency you all manage to shove enough crates against the doors to block them off. At least for the moment. The main rolling rolling door at the front of the warehouse was a bit more difficult. A few of the larger crates will block it for a bit, but any strong fellow might be able to force the door open.

Meanwhile, Argent manages to unbolt one of the ladders and move it over to near the window Skit entered through. Almost half of the slaves are now waiting on the upper level, spread out and anxious.

As skit slithers out of the vent window and onto the roof, the scene before him stops him cold. Almost a dozen soldiers, all wearing the same crest stand in two disciplined lines facing the warehouse. They are clad in blue and black leather armor, and they carry well-made longswords. Half of them seem to have bows as well, and quivers of blue-fletched arrows riding high on their backs. It seems, no expense was spared in outfitting these men.

The streets are all but clear, and a tense silence hangs over the area. The six men in the back line take two simultaneous steps back and fluidly unsling their bows. As one the noch arrows and aim in the general direction of the warehouse. Thus far it seems they have not spotted the halfling, nor are they yet trying to enter the warehouse itself.

The one thing that seems odd to the little one is that no obvious commander can be seen. All of the soldiers seem outfitted the same. They act without orders, but with the discipline born of harsh training. No one seems to be giving them any manner of commands or orders.


Posted on 2010-11-03 at 20:47:20.

Shades331
RDI Fixture
Karma: 22/5
513 Posts


Grrrr

So now that a loose alliance has been set, the half-orc decides it is time to see how strong it actually is. He grunts to the dwarf that conscripted him.
"Do you have a weapon I can use? I wont be much help if a fray breaks out..."


Posted on 2010-11-07 at 22:17:41.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel run away or stay ....

The scene Daleel saw was not a good one. Luckily it did not seem that any of the soldiers had yet seen him. Now he had a decision to make. He could jump off the roof now and run away, or he could stay and risk his life.

He slowly and carefully made his way back to the window where the others were waiting. He whispered up to whoever was waiting by the window. "About twelve soldiers, six with bows aimed at warehouse, no commander that I see. We should move quickly. Perhaps Echo can create some sort of distraction."

He waited below the window for an answer and to grab the ladder if they handed it out to him. It was really risky but it had to work. They really had no other choices.


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 04:55:26.

Shield Wolf
Alpha Beard
Karma: 49/2
1066 Posts


Echario's gambit

Hearing the halfling's report on the situation outside, and his suggestion for a distraction, Echo steps out onto the roof with the halfling, staying as close to the wall as possible hoping to avoid detection by the archers below. He crouched down, and began the arcane motions and whispered chants for a spell, hoping in the back of his mind that the ruse would work. When the final word of the spell was muttered a sound like a group of people running toward the main door to the warehouse began to emanate from nowhere. (Ghost Sound)

Almost immediately after that started he started making different gestures and whispering another incantation. With the last word of this spell a faintly humanoid shaped light appeared at the far edge of the roof where they were, placed so as to draw attention away from their location rather than draw eyes, and the arrows that were sure to follow, toward them. (Dancing Lights)

With his fingers crossed and a silent plea to the God(dess) of Luck he watched and waited to see what would come from his plan.


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 06:02:38.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

The noise of a small crowd rises within the warehouse. The branded slaves grow nervous, not knowing its source. Fear begins to creep into their expressions, where until now lay only resignation.

Outside it seems the soldiers have been fooled... at least to some degree. Half of them move towards the main door of the warehouse, and out of sight from where the halfling and Echo crouch hidden on the roof.

The others stand, their gaze still searching for deception and intruders.

"Inuit sak tu nalis.." Echo whispers the words under his breath as he gestures to the far end of the roof. A being of light slowly fades into being, flashing brilliantly in the moonlight. Instantly three arrows fly at the figure, slicing through it with uncanny accuracy. In the same motion three more arrows are fitted to the bows of the archers. For the moment the figure seems unharmed and unresponding to the assault.

For the moment, all eyes seem drawn either to the warehouse's main door, or to the glowing figure at the end of the roof. The soldiers below are muttering among themselves, too silently for you to hear. But it seems they are suspicious of the glowing figure. You get the feeling that it will not distract them for long...


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 08:20:02.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Boogie down with Argent

If there ever was a moment to escape, this was certainly it.

Argent motioned for the slaves to follow him down the side of the building. He lead them to the side of the building opposing the place where Echo had cast his illusions, and cautioned them with gestures to be as silent as possible. Counting on his brother to aid the slaves from above, he made sure he was first down the ladder (if it's needed) so that he could take on any of the guards that decided to investigate any noise they would make.
He had no false hopes of making an easy getaway; not with that big a group of people. Someone was bound to make a noise, fall from the ladder or make one of the todlers cry.

So, he readied himself to get into a fight. For now, the safety of these people was all he cared about. As they moved down, one by one (assumably) he pointed them towards the closest alley.


Posted on 2010-11-09 at 18:28:15.

crowe
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 17/4
197 Posts


Thiferl will lead the way

Thiferl made sure he was the last person down the ladder after the slaves. He knew his brother would want to stay behind to protect their escape. After Argent gestured the slaves down the alley, Thiferl turned to his brother and said, "I'll see you after."
That was all that needed to be said between the two. They were both prepared to never see the other again, but both loved each other immensely, so much so that they didn't need to say it.
Thiferl then proceeded to guide the slaves towards the destination that their client had specified. The whole way he encouraged them to stick together, and be quiet and that they were going to a safe place.


Posted on 2010-11-10 at 06:27:07.

Dakarta
Resident
Karma: 16/4
218 Posts


Daleel slips in

With the distraction and sense of urgency, the others stared shuffling the slaves out onto the roof. They moved them off the roof and into the alleyway. As slaves wwere moving by Daleel slipped in somewhere in the middle. He didn't want to be completely noticed if they were discovered. It would give him a better chance of surprising their enemy.

Considering the circumstances, the small group of guildmembers were working well in moving the slaves. However being in the middle of the group Daleel could tell some of the slaves were concerned and worried. He tried to reassure them that everything would be fine, but he wasn't so sure of that himself.

For now he had to follow his fellow team members and be ready to act if the need arose.



Posted on 2010-11-15 at 14:07:56.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Game Update

Slave after slave scuttles across the roof and drops down into the alley behind the warehouse. Just over half of the slaves have made it, and the dancing lights spell is now beginning to dim.

Everything is going smoothly... and then the tension is too much. One of the children cries out. Instantly three arrows fly at the sound. One of the men steps forward, taking two if them in the chest before collapsing on the roof top bleeding and breathless. The third richochets off of the warehouse wall and skitters harmlessly off the roof.

(Daleel and Argent are on the ground with the slaves that have gotten down from the building, Thiferl is on the roof. Echo and Uthgar are still in the warehouse ushering the remaining slaves up the ladder and through the window.)

The three soldiers not possessing bows are already running, swords drawn, towards the side of the building... which leads to the alleyway and the escaping slaves.


Posted on 2010-11-17 at 02:38:28.
Edited on 2010-11-17 at 19:05:37 by Steelight

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Well?

(OOC: Not a single person posted in a week. If this happens again I will simply dicate how whatever the current scene is plays out. This one time I will cut you guys some slack. I will thus update next Sunday/Monday.)


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 19:07:28.

Almerin
Typing Furiously
RDI Staff
Karma: 177/19
3012 Posts


Argent is ready still

Everything went smoothly, beyond the hopes of the dwarven monk even. The slaves followed, they were silent, and the guards were drawn to other parts of the building.

But something had to go wrong, of course. A baby's cry escaped the muffling of it's mother.

Argent sighed. Why does it always end in a fight? he thought.
Still, he had been ready for it, and was still prepared to test his fists and heels against whatever the guards were going to throw at them. In any case, he was going to shield the slaves from as much harm as he could.

(OOC: Readied action: first guard within reach will be attacked. He puts himself just around the corner of the building, where bowmen won't have an easy time hitting him. He'll await the rush and hope the others will back him.)



Posted on 2010-11-26 at 14:28:35.

Shades331
RDI Fixture
Karma: 22/5
513 Posts


grrr & 'if only I was a monk with slow fall...'

"Damn simpletons..." the half-orc mutters under his breath to no one in particular. Had everyone stayed quiet, everything would have went smoothly. Now someone died, and it was all thanks to an incompetent child. The two long swords he had taken off of the dead guards would work for CQC, but right now range was being used... Cover would need to be found, and soon. A volley of arrows could easily take them out at this point.
The half-orc looked down the building, wondering if it would be wise to jump down himself and prepare to fight or wait his turn. He scans the immediate are not only for how high up they are, but if there is anything that would be able to break his fall.


Posted on 2010-11-28 at 23:17:18.
Edited on 2010-11-30 at 17:49:31 by Shades331

   


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.