The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4001 registered users. Our newest member is Delance.
Online members: t_catt11, Keeper of Dragons, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by breebles)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
Related thread: Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Related thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Back-history
Related thread: Characters in Rocinante
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6312 Posts


you rolled a die

You rolled what die? What did you have to roll? High or low? Was this a saving throw or a fortitude check?

"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"I don't know, let me roll a die."

Sorry....I have been up too long.


Posted on 2010-11-27 at 03:31:23.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Yeah a die....

yeah.. wanted to be impartial.. rolled a d20 and decided on a 1-10 he didnt believe in the rumors .... 11-15 he believed them but didnt have any evidence ... 16-19 he believed because he had seen evidence of them... and a natural 20 was that he had been in a battle with reavers... well I got a 17 I think... hence the encounter with the aftermath of reavers...

hope that was alright!

Well get some sleep if your tired!


Posted on 2010-11-28 at 03:04:02.

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
3987 Posts


Sorry I've been so absent...

I think I'll have more time. Been working a lot...


Posted on 2010-11-28 at 20:48:47.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


Question

Willows use of the ship's comm is that ship wide where we all hear it or personally only to Wyatt?


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 04:35:58.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6312 Posts


comm and chess

Willow could do either with the comm, I will have to check with vanadia on that.

The chess piece - The piece is basically similar to a USB drive embedded in a polymer chess piece. It is an electronic key for something that would require the code within the key as well as the key itself. Andrew could try to use his tech skills to find out the code and if there is anything of note on the data storage.

BTW - I am thinking of the future of this game and other adventures. Would like to establish a "home" base for Rocinante - a place where you'd have your mail and post, get messages and pick up jobs. I am working on a space station near an outer planet - The Zhongli Lingtu (Neutral Ground). It is an old alliance station that was abandoned after the war, picked up by a businessman named Mortimer (Morty) Black. he runs it for retail, real estate and docking fees (Think DS9 bought by Donald Trump). It would have a number of bars, places to stay, 12 atmo emclosed repair bays from small transports, 8 bays for mid-size, 4 bays for large. A parts shop called the Junkyard Dog. All walks of life for the dirt poor to the well off would pass through, though mostly the inbetween.

The idea I have is you are known to Morty and you have an arrangement where you dock for free in exchange for Willow providing medical services while she is there. They don't many doctors out that way. It is very hush-hush as Morty has a rep for being a shrewd operator with no concern for anyone but himself, but secretly he puts up a lot of people running from the law or who don't want to be found. Willow often finds herself helping sick families on the run, or wounded deserters.

Any thoughts?


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 13:17:48.
Edited on 2010-11-29 at 13:37:50 by Alacrity

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Base

I know I'm new to the crew.. but I think the idea of a base is a great idea!

Just my 2 cents!


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 17:13:40.

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 454/28
7884 Posts


Hmmm...

...I dunno.

I never really pictured the Rocinante crew as having any sort of "home base" aside from Rocinante herself, to be honest... I mean, I'm sure that they all have their "ports in a storm" and whatnot (individually and collectively) but, from Sam's perspective, I never imagined anything like a home base kind of thing... I think that any place where Sam could "be expected" on a regular or semi-predictable basis would just make him waaaaaaay too twitchy to be comfortable with the thoughts of it.

Not that I'm opposed, at all... I just don't think that Sam would be inclined to "settle" on any one place to "hang his hat" so to speak... he's much more content being on the move and never staying too awful long anywhere there's more than Wyatt and the crew. Could provide some interesting twists and turns, though, I reckon.


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 17:35:50.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6312 Posts


wrong word prehaps

I don't mean that the space station is your home. I was thinking a place to where you could feel safe docked. In the episode "The Message", the Serenity crew had a place to pick up their mail. The appearance was of a depot where you could also get drinks as well - that is all I was thinking of - Rocinante is your home, not doubts there.


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 17:42:44.

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 454/28
7884 Posts


Understood...

...and, as I said, I'm not at all opposed to the possibility. Heck, the little write up you gave us made it sound like just the kind of place that Sam might feel at least a little at ease (as much as he can ever feel at ease, anyway) on a stop over... It's not like it's an Alliance Cruiser or the skyplex that Phoenix operates from, right?


Also, since I missed replying the "how familiar is your character with Reavers" question: I'd say "not very" where Sam is concerned... rumors and legends for the most part... perhaps a "derelict ship" sighting here or there but nothing up close and personal or anything..


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 18:12:54.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


Wolf's take

Well as far as Wolf is concerned he is almost as new to the crew as Andrew/YeOlde so he really has no home for his 'mail' so to speak other then the planet where he was first intro'd on.
His home and post office seeing as how he is never going back to said planet other then maybe to visit is the ship, its crew and its comm suite. However I'm not adverse to the idea of creating one at this space station.

Also any word from Van as to open or closed comm, I have a post in mind if she broadcast ship wide.


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 22:58:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6179 Posts


Home Away From Home???????

Well I'm still catching up on Ash, but I don't think it matters to him about a spacestation as a base, he'd rather have a planet as a base. He likes dirt under his feet.

As for Reavers, well they might be real, but then that's what they said about the boogieman.


Posted on 2010-11-30 at 02:50:14.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


Willow's comm

Willow is the soul of discretion in all matters, even when (especially when!) gently rebuking the captain for a most unpleasant surprise.


Posted on 2010-11-30 at 23:58:35.

Vanadia
Den Mother
RDI Staff
Karma: 111/12
1188 Posts


To Ye Olde

You are right sir...I had missed that. I'll edit my post to work it in!


Posted on 2010-12-01 at 00:02:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6389 Posts


Ok sooo

I guess that means her commo to Wyatt was personal and not ship wide ok s*** hmmm plan B maybe


Posted on 2010-12-01 at 05:17:13.
Edited on 2010-12-01 at 05:22:10 by TannTalas

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 145/11
3987 Posts


Yes...

Wyatt wouldn't be opposed to a place where they could feel comfortable docking, getting mail, searching for jobs, etc...especially if docking is free.

Throughout the series they had many ports where they could hide out. In the movie they actually make reference to a number of them as they find reasons to rule them out, finally settling on the location where Book retired to. Of course, Wyatt'll never really think that they are untouchable...

I'm going to have to reread what's been going on with Willow. I don't have a clue what she just told Wyatt. I've been only skimming the posts of those who aren't with Wyatt so I don't inadvertently include player knowledge in the character's actions.

I'm also game for the idea that Wyatt is familiar with Reavers. It makes sense that he's encountered them before.


Posted on 2010-12-01 at 05:20:31.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.