The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3979 registered users. Our newest member is 40kdragons.
Online members: TannTalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)ST: Chimera Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera (posted by crowe)ST: Chimera
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
Related thread: Voyages of Rocinante - Serenity/Firefly RPG
Related thread: Voyages of the Rocinante - Back-history
Related thread: Characters in Rocinante
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Voyages of the Rocinante - Firefly RPG QnA
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


Just a thought...

Maybe Ash can hop off and ask Doc to contact the Tong to help Miss Willow and her friends. Then we can head to the mine or into town to hunt deputies.


Posted on 2011-05-27 at 16:32:48.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6219 Posts


ummm

The mine is to the west of town past a gully. So Wyatt wouldn't have sent houses on the way.

What exactly do Ash, Wolf and Andrew plan to do here? Drive into town and see what happens? I need some sort of direction here.







Photobucket


Posted on 2011-05-27 at 16:42:42.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


Plan? plan? we don't need no sticking plan.......

Cool I was just looking for old map. I just sent Tann a PM and post above an idea to maybe recruite the Tong.
Every little bit helps,...sometimes. I hate seeing the party split, but that's a long trip to the mine. I'm for going through town and evening the score. Never really was great at tactics, let's go kill bad guys.


Posted on 2011-05-27 at 16:51:58.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6219 Posts


Tong

The doc said the Tong have moved underground although you could still ask.


Posted on 2011-05-27 at 17:02:30.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


We are where?

On the map, where is Doc's? I would guess the Wolf came in on the road that runs by the school so we are at that end of town.

Options:

Follow the rail behind the school and come in behind the mine.

Circle around the other side of town and straight to the mine.

Boldly go down main street and get blast or get blasted.



Posted on 2011-05-27 at 17:09:28.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6219 Posts


Doc house is #25

Photobucket
26 is temple - now burnt
27 is tong citadel, now closed up tight.



Posted on 2011-05-27 at 18:33:56.
Edited on 2011-05-27 at 18:35:27 by Alacrity

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


ambush the ambushers...

I say the three of us find the ambush and then turn the tales on them... of course the hard part is figuring out where they might be waiting ... since Andrew doesnt know this place it will be up to Ash and Wolf to figure out that aspect... any ideas?


Posted on 2011-05-29 at 12:36:03.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


We don't know what we don't know.....

YeOlde,

We don't know that you guys were spotted going to Doc's. That would mean the ambushers are on same side of town, only we don't know where. Need to check the map some and speculate where we might hole-up to ambush and then sneak up and see. I doubt they are on top buildings, they would figure Wyatt would head the mine so that's where they should be. They would let them in the trap and then cut off any escape. So check areas between the port and the mine?

Did some more rereading, Winnie spotted the mule from some spot high enough to see both the port when the Roc landed and Doc's. It reads that there are two groups, Bridgett,s and the sheriff's. Bridgett's group is on the south side east of the port in the gulch. Its other group that is fuzzy, I'd guess Winnie is on the ridge north west of town, she close enough to tell three folks left the ship and was able to see the dim lights of the mule, what's your guess on best location. First I though Boot Hill but may be too far south to see the lights of the mule.

We may have to NPC Wolf for a bit while Tann is out.

I want to have Ash run back and have Doc alert the Tong, we are right in the middle of the Tong area and next to the burnt Temple, according to the map. Doc is trusted and he would know where they have gone. We can use a code "Miss Willow" to let them know we're not the sheriff's men. Al can play the Tong as our Ace in hole or another menace.


Posted on 2011-05-29 at 15:58:04.
Edited on 2011-05-30 at 01:11:23 by Odyson

Bromern Sal
A Shadow
RDI Staff
Karma: 142/11
3792 Posts


It was

Wyatt's imagination is conjuring said houses.


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 05:36:24.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6219 Posts


based on what we know dear Watson

Wolf knows that Winnie Mustard liks long shots and from a distance. Based on that you could assume she'd want to be somewhere where she could get a full view of town and a clear shot. The highest rooftops in Town are the Bank, The temple (now gone) Lawrence's Saloon and the Jailhouse.

As to the brothers, you have no idea if they are in town or whetehr they are all in the mine waiting in ambush. That's what makes this fun.

You can backpost the talking to Doc about the Tong if you wish.


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 10:12:10.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


But which is the bank?

Ho,ho... I'd say Winnie is on top of the jailhouse. Good view of the port and might see lights at Doc's.

Do we want to go on foot to sneak up, the mule will attract attention?


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 13:21:28.
Edited on 2011-05-30 at 13:29:22 by Odyson

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


Split up is ok.

Ok I saw your PM Ye Olde. How about Ash take the jailhouse, Andrew to the saloon and Wolf to the bank? Do we each have a communicator?

I'll have Ash talk to Doc about finding the Tong and then head out to jailhouse.


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 13:32:13.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


a plan

.. sounds good.. yes we go on foot.. at least Andrew and Ash.. maybe Wolf stay on mule and he move off from Docs before hiding the mule someplace and then going to another location...



Posted on 2011-05-30 at 13:39:12.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6219 Posts


by the numbers

Bank is 19. Lawrence's is 14.

Go with the three way split and Wolf going to the bank. Tann would never forgive me if I had him sit out the combat.

So Ash Jail, Andrew Lawrence's and Wolf Bank. You going in sneaky sneaky or walking plain with faith in your skills?


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 13:45:51.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6090 Posts


Jailhouse blues........

Is there a back door to the jail or just a street side entrance? Are there stairs out side or inside, Ash would know the building having been sheriff for a bit. He'd know how to get to the roof. Ash will sneak along the back of buildings on main street using them as cover, going around the street side is too open.


Posted on 2011-05-30 at 13:57:20.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.