The string is magical in that it helps the arrows turn to energy. You need to find a new magical string or have it created by a powerful Alchemist.
As for me saying Ulthok is dead that was only a joke, honestly if I say something and you the players know I'm wrong please bring it to my attention just as Ody did. I'm not perfect and with my short term memory problems I could very well be wrong. Do not be afraid to call me on something post wise if I say something different then what I initially posted.
how dose alyia dismiss the elemental? i dont think i have the proper spell on my current spell roister?? or is their a way we can have it tootsie the last two baddies for the party while we make our get away?
i have IRL shenanigans this weekend but i'll try an post sometime sunday.... hopefully not to late.
Well.......Being Closer to A Rules Lawyer For General Info......
The way I'd play it is like Ulthok is doing with the Shadows. He just ended the spell and they go back.
In the 2.0 Monsterous Manual in the discription of Elementals it says:If under control, an elemental can be dismissed by the summoner when its task is complete.
You brought the Fire Elemental to this plane and you are mentally controlling it. You can have attack and burn the bodies, then you command it to return to its own plane.
So I'd say a quick question to the DM is advised. It never hurts to ask.
If Tann say we need to dispell it to send it back early I think Ulthok has a dispell spell ready.
I was just thinking of possible options now that the Lich is gone.
1. Her magic on the castle perventing invisibilty may be gone without her to reenforce it.
2. Her hold over all the evil fighters is broken so they may attack each other or leave.
3. A bit grusome but we could go out to the beheaded good fighter and check for potions healing and things we need.
4. With the Lich gone we may have more time to find the Dragon Queen before we destroy the castle, we may be able to send for reenforcements and capture the castle.
I just had Lothor go ahead and deal with the remaining beasties because he wouldn't be able to do much in terms of healing, helping with Bareel, getting the elemental to burn corpses or much else. So the fighter did what fighters do.
As for the castle, I'll just follow your lead in all of this as you know the castle better than I.
Also, who all needs healing and what do we have available? I'm thinking spells, not potions, to hang onto those.
We have a few healing spells left according to the character sheets. There may be enough to get everyone back to full but it may use all we have. That was one reason I suggested looking for potion on the dead.
I am testing the idea that Lich Queen's magic controls may have dropped by having Ulthok try to turn invisibile in the thone room.
If it works then we can explore the possibilities that opens.
Rayne has 2 heal spells, a cure moderate wounds spell, and 2 cure light wounds from her bow. If we give out healing spells, I think those cure light wounds should go out, since Rayne will not be using her bow in combat until it is fixed. I believe that those spells can only be cast when she is wielding the bow.
As for proceeding, that room that Ulthok was teleported to may be the way to take down the castle. I have no problems going right for it, or searching for the Queen and Valene.
Posted on 2015-04-11 at 21:15:04.
Edited on 2015-04-11 at 21:21:39 by SirSadaar
In game ulthok mentioned the iced room with the big gem, but hasn't said anything more. He has not suggested it was the magic that make the castle fly. There still needs to be brought out.
Before we wreck the castle we need to figure out how to escape. Teleporting or flying or whatever. For the most part this was a oneway trip. Escaping after destroying the magic that made the castle fly had never really been planned. But with the Lich Queen gone we have options, maybe.
Sirene can throw in for healing as well. How do we want to divy the healing up between everyone. We should try to get everyone back up to full health.
Sirene still has teleport prepared and I don't think everyone used the flying potions when we left the fortress (last year?). Those are the escape options I see, but we might be able to think of another way out too.
I have no idea what the best plan is, but to clarify it seems to me that the issues are:
1. What heal spells have been used and are left?
2. Main goal - destroy the castle or find and save the two escaped prisoners?
3. What do we do with the ice filled gem room? (And keep in mind that the baddie whose name I can't remember may well be alive inside the ice.)
4. How do we escape once we destroy the castle?
5. Any chance some of the magic items we just found would help with any of the tasks? (Hate to risk it with stuff from the queen, but if it is from the queen...)
6. Where did Dark Whisper go and what can it do without an eye? (And lets cover that eye - which I think Ulthok already did, I'd hate to think it can watch us through that thing.)
Once we make a choice about where to go I am curious about the expected marching order. I assume you have one figured out, but since I just started in the middle of the fight I don't know it. Also, I'm guessing we take Bareel with us - does Lothor as local big boy get that job?