Please feel free to RP who gets what if anything on the list below. Sorry for the delay
1) Potion of a watery black liquid: Potion of Assassination To use this potion user must add a bit of organic matter from the intended target. When consumed the drinker thinks of the intended target and if target is within 50 miles the potion instantly kills target without any save.)
2) 2 Dark red potions the fluid as thick as blood: Potions of Basilisk’s Blood x2 Can be used in 2 ways. When brushed on any non-stone object will turn object to stone permanently. When thrown as a missile, on a successful hit will turn creature or object to stone, Creatures gain a saving throw, objects do not. Contains 4 doses.)
A pair of jeweled Anklets of Walking when locked this anklet allows the wearer to walk upon any fluid ~Water, Oil, Acid, etc~ without actually touching it. One anklet can support 500pds 2 anklets can support 1000pds.)
A set of Bone & Marble Dice of Wagering The dice will roll whatever result the roller desires. In the hands of a thief 8th lvl or higher can undo 1 action in a combat turn. Uses 1 charge for normal roll, 3 charges to change action. Has 21 charges, cannot be recharged.)
A wand crafted of bone: Wand of AnimationThis bone grows into an extra large human skeleton on command. If given a weapon skeleton is AC:4 has 40 hit points and moves normally. Skeleton can be damaged by any sort of weapon and disappears back into bone if ‘slain’. Can carry up to 600pds but moves at half speed. If turned skeleton disappears for 3 rds then reappears and continues to fight. Any Dispel Magic spell automatically causes paralysis for 6 rds. Bone can create a skeleton once per day that stays for up to 8hrs.)
A fancy hat with a matching cloak: Clothes of Alteration Cloak and hat can be magically customized to any known piece of clothing to match a city or country’s latest rage in clothing. Has 32 charges and can be recharged)
A set of Bagpipes of Shattering Causes all non-magical glass and ceramic objects within 30 feet to break when played. Although potions are magical most ceramic and glass containers are not and thus can be affected. Magical objects such as magic mirrors, magically enhanced ceramics/glass gain a saving throw at -3) War Room
1) Potion of Alternate Profession (This potion allows the drinker to become 6th lvl in any single class for 2d4 turns. In the case of spell casting classes drinker gains random spells allowed by class at 6th LvL. Potion must be fully consumed.
2-3) Potions of Extra-Healing
4)Potion of Elemental Form (Air/Fire)( Drinker may change into either a lower tier Air or Fire Elemental and back to normal form as long as the potion lasts. Each change of form takes 1 rd and though no special immunities are gained the special attack of said Elemental are usable. User’s AC and HP do not change. Duration is 1 full turn 10rds)
5) Potion of Mage Wine (This potion is only usable by spell casters allowing them to immediately remember up to 1d6 spells cast within the last 24 hrs)
3 bags of gold,
a well made expensive looking pin. ( Pin Of Protection. Grants user an AC of 0 when worn without any other armor and a +1 when armor is worn.)2 well-crafted bastard swords
1)+4 Vorpal Defender of Multiplication ( Acts Just like a normal defender/vorpal sword in that some, all, or none, of its +4 can be added to AC and acts like a vorpal weapon all respects. However when commanded bastard sword splits into 2 +2 short swords of Sharpness)
2) +4 no other powers. Lab
2 rings Ring of Beauty(Increases wearers Charisma by 4 to a max of 20)Ring of The Ear(Allows wearer to increase or decrease his/her lvl of hearing to be able to hear a toothpick drop or behind thick doors or walls. To hearing nothing leaving him immune to all sound based spells.
A Necklace of Superior Curing( Can only be worn by non-clerics or mages. Allows the storing of 5 healing spells per day of any type except Heal. Spells remain in necklace till used and can be then replaced. Turns any non-cleric into a minor cleric as needed)
Fork of Never-ending Food (Allows the user to conjure up 1, 3 course meal of choice every 2 days) Library:
In all the searchers found and came away with: 5 tomes heavy magic in nature
1) Tome of The Planes
2) Tome of Necronomicon Ex-Mortis
3) Tome of Immoral Sanity
4) Tome of Naturom Demonto
5) Tome of Golems 2 Tomes of lighter magic
1) Tome of Clear Thought
2) Tome of Quickness of Action
From the Throne Room:
From Queen’s body:Ring of Deathly Night( Dull gray metal ring with a whitish bat like motif etched into an onyx gem. Grants the following abilities:
Acts as a Ring of Protection +4
While wearing it bearer need never eat or breath.
Grants 20 hit points to wearers total for 2 turns (20rds) twice per day. These hit points are lost first when taking damage in combat.
Wearer can cast Burning Hands at 16th LvL 2x per day
Wearer can cast Magic Missile at 16th lvl 3x times a day.Pin of Vampiric Energy Drain.On command pin will attempt to drain the life-force of any creature targeted killing them instantly and restoring the wearer to full health. Creatures that gain a saving throw do so at -3 to roll.)2 Daggers
1) Increased Venom II ( +4 Dagger that on a successful hit injects target with a fatal poison. Target must make TWO saving throws vs poison to stay alive. If successfully saving target still takes 20 points of damage.
2) Fang of the Nosferatu( +4 Dagger of hardened steel with strange flowing symbols etched into the blade. Groves filled with crushed ruby dust giving the appearance of having been written in blood. The handle is wrapped in old pebbled black hide. On command wearer can shapechange into a wolf or a bat gaining each creatures abilities while retaining AC and HP‘s) From the Butcher:
His meat cleaver (+5 of Wounding)Boots of QuicknessRing of Emotionless Action(Wearer becomes totally without emotions allowing him commit any action good or evil without regret, sadness, empathy or the like. Ring also grants the following powers
Regenerates 6 hits points per rd and restores missing body parts, excluding head, in 1d4 days).
From the Advisor:Robe of Cancellation Any magical item touching, or touched by the wearer of this robe loses all powers or magic becoming a normal item of the same type.)Dagger +5
Bone from inside his left leg (Highly magical but like the eye you are unable to ID)
Posted on 2015-08-19 at 22:57:07.
Edited on 2015-08-19 at 23:08:48 by TannTalas
So, it would seem that these folks would view positively the destruction of evil items. We may also be able to trade items - those bastard swords, for example, don't seem to fit our needs but would be extremely valuable to someone.
What might Lothor Like?
The dagger +5 is an improvement on his pair of +3. But wouldn't see much use if someone else has use for it.
1-2 potions of the Basilisk would give him a non-blade attack.
Ring of the ear - he wouldn't ear it, but keep it to put on when needed. Unless someone sneakier than he would like it.
Potion of elemental form
Potions of healing divided amongst the group, of course.
The anklets I assume can't be worn over/under armor, otherwise those are pretty cool. Someone should take those.
Is the vampire pin considered evil? It seems like it ought to be.
probably Lothor should go shopping and hope to swap some of this for something good.
As for magic items I would like... boots of quickness would be pretty nice. If the ring of Deathly night would be evil, I would definitely like that too. Though, someone who is fighting in melee more might benefit from it more than Rayne can.
That has to be the best loot list from this game yet.
Ulthok would like:
A jeweled Anklets of Walking when locked this anklet allows the wearer to walk upon any fluid ~Water, Oil, Acid, etc~ without actually touching it. One anklet can support 500pds 2 anklets can support 1000pds.) (If ulthok usually leader the way this would help him find safe ways to travel)
A set of Bone & Marble Dice of Wagering The dice will roll whatever result the roller desires. In the hands of a thief 8th lvl or higher can undo 1 action in a combat turn. Uses 1 charge for normal roll, 3 charges to change action. Has 21 charges, cannot be recharged.) (Who's the Thief?)
A wand crafted of bone: Wand of Animation (Ulthok likes Wands)
Potion of Mage Wine (This potion is only usable by spell casters allowing them to immediately remember up to 1d6 spells cast within the last 24 hrs) (This would let Ulthok have more spells and between him and Sirene that adds a lot of help)
Pin of Vampiric Energy Drain. On command pin will attempt to drain the life-force of any creature targeted killing them instantly and restoring the wearer to full health. Creatures that gain a saving throw do so at -3 to roll.)
A Necklace of Superior Curing.(more healers is good)
Fork of Never-ending Food (Hey, he's a Halfling)
Now the Tomes of Magic can be shared for now an kept in the bag of holding. They may have things we can use with some study.
For those that want rings, remember Tann only allows two rings in use at a time, one on each hand.
The gold can be used for expenses of the group and what's left over can be divided later if we survive.
Items not claimed should be distroyed or go back in the bag, I'm uneasy about leaving things from the future here in the past.
Posted on 2015-08-21 at 21:50:21.
Edited on 2015-08-22 at 18:28:02 by Odyson
clothes of alteration,
potion of elemental form,
pin of protection,
vaporial bastard sword (i'd only put a draw in for this items if it doesn't benefit any of the other fighters in the party.)
if it isn't voted out right to destroy the tomes. i'd be interested in the tame of plains an the golems tome.
the deathly night ring would be interesting as well though idk if its an item that should be kept.
I think we talked about Barreel's stuff. I didn't list it in the loot because we already knew his stuff. I'll check back on just what we said. The bigger discussion was about his armor and that it could rip the bag. I'm preety sure we wrapped the axe and saved it.
This sort of goes along with knpwledge a 11th level character should have but a player may not.
As with these Tomes of magic. It would part of the mage's training to be taught how to safely deal with discovered books of magic but as a player unless we have read a lot of D&D books, games, mags and such we lack that knowledge to use with our characters. So that said, I hope you all caught Tann's warning about the books. They may or may not be helpful. Remember we found them in a evil library or care need to be taken. Some have been safe books that were stolen and some may be evil made books for evil purposes. These are the places we need to ask a lot of questions to get more information and clues before acting. Tann won't always tell us everything but usually enough to make an informed decision.
The clue that some of the book may be in the EN Magic tells me that a mage could have learned of these books and I need to go try and find information before opening any of them.
See by asking we were given the clue where to gain knowledge before acting. Please keep that in mind as we find stuff.
Posted on 2015-08-22 at 10:46:10.
Edited on 2015-08-22 at 18:33:15 by Odyson
Some of the books I believe are cursed in nature. Anyone who wants can open one to see but just be prepared for bad outcomes. We should know enough at our level especially with help of the resident spell casters to know. DM : what do your think?
2) Tome of Necronomicon Ex-Mortis (can we say “Evil Dead”. Does that read a bell?)
3) Tome of Immoral Sanity (a cursed book which, with each study of the book made by a good being, gains an increasing chance of driving its reader insane.)
4) Tome of Naturom Demonto (Necronomicon Ex-Mortis. The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis (also known as "Naturom Demonto" in Latin), roughly translated as the "Book of the Dead" is a powerful ancient tome)
5) Tome of Golems
2 Tomes of lighter magic
1) Tome of Clear Thought (Tomes of Clear Thought are magically tomes that increase the primary ability of Intelligence by one point and are consumed when the point is added. This item appears in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.)
2) Tome of Quickness of Action (Manuals of Quickness of Action are magical tomes which raise Dexterity of the user permanently by one point. After it is used, the tome will be destroyed. It can be used by all classes. It has a weight of 25 lbs. This item appears in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.)
Still here, just been crazy busy. Sorry for the short post, dealing with a family issue, so my head is not really in things at the moment.
Looking at the items we found, I would love the Tome of Clear Thought for Siréne. As she wanders the city she's on the lookout for battle magic wands. I'll send that info and a spell list to you middle of the coming week. Thanks for patience.