The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3891 registered users. Our newest member is cdbachkhoataynguyen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread: TRILOGY WAR CHARACTERS
Related thread: The Trilogy War
Related thread: Need a Lady for Trilogy
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Trilogy War Q/A
RDI T-shirts!

With Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


A castle, a city, a battle - the choice are many

well, Lothor is inclined to prefer the city, but I think a few others wanted the castle. Before I post that he falls in with the others I'd want to be sure the others want to follow our dwarf. Also, I believe the big warrior is likely to guard the rear. He isn't as talented or magical at hiding as some others and would be inclined to allow the others to keep an eye on things close to the big guys. But guarding the rear is something he has quite a bit of experience with.

Three further thoughts that don't require answers:
1. The castle seems more important now.
2. I wonder what is under the tarp of the other 2 wagons.
3. This city gets destroyed soon. We don't want to get caught up in that. Also, is it possible we precipitate it?


Posted on 2015-11-14 at 17:46:34.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Inclined..........

We don't know what will happen either way so if Lothor is inclined to follow then follow. Cor has been the team leader so Ulthok is following the leader.


Posted on 2015-11-14 at 21:47:23.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


a gentle nudge

Nobody posted actually doing anything so I figured Cor would start walking to give us some direction. The city I think holds nothing but trouble for us. Why the castle would be important is not clear as it is not part of what we need to do. Our job is to find a way to the island so that is what Cor is focused on right now.


Posted on 2015-11-14 at 22:51:53.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


oops

Sorry, it seems like I didn't post last week. Somehow I must have thought my post here on the Q&A section was on the thread. Since all he did was follow along it doesn't make much difference, but I still don't like missing.

Questions for our GM.
I assume we can see the docks from our position - what can we see - are there any boats visible? If so, of what sorts? Is there anything we might be able to handle ourselves?
Also, are thee any docks outside of the city? Can we see anything along the coast?


Posted on 2015-11-16 at 20:08:12.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Answers from your DM :)

I assume we can see the docks from our position - what can we see - are there any boats visible? No the town docks are out of sight on the North-East part of the town
Also, are thee any docks outside of the city? The only non-city docks is the one to the North of the castle
Can we see anything along the coast? Nothing from where you are at present.


Posted on 2015-11-20 at 18:10:46.
Edited on 2015-11-20 at 18:11:48 by TannTalas

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Okay..........

Well we scouted the city how about we scout the castle?
We then choose which seem most easy to get a boat.

We have to get through to the other side of the city to reach any boats. A lot odd creatures between here and there.

Anyone have a plan?


Posted on 2015-11-20 at 20:45:54.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


city life?

i'd put my vote in to look to the castle. i doubt that we'd be able to get to the docks through the city with the amount of patrols an lesser minions(goblins/kabolds) that would scent us out simply because were different.
if we could get to the north side of the castle it might be safer then trying to scurry through the city.


would the book of golem help any?


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 01:44:24.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

With the added info from the DM the castle dock looks most promising.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:01:31.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


City or Castle, the question hasn't changed

I'm willing to scout out the castle. I don't know exactly what we have to fear from the city, but a healthy dose of caution seems wise. But it doesn't look like a place where strangers are unusual. The lack of elves is weird though. And perhaps problematic.

So lets check out the castle.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:02:56.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Just Different........

Well don't confuse Strangers with strange creatures. The patrols and dog things know the usual suspects and smells so we could be tracked quickly. And our Elven types would be different.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:31:28.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


Size matters

Yes, we could be tracked as strangers (as opposed to strange types) but if this is really a city, it seems highly unlikely that they would know all of the locals. And as a pirate port people would come and go all of the time.

But the "problematic" comment was meant about the elves (and Halfling) -- they would seem to stand out.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:45:36.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Tann.........

One thing you didn't include was how the population of the city was acting. Did there appear to be tension between the races. Like the Orcs acting brutish to humans and such. Or did all seem to treat each as equals showing no signs of distrust?

With the evil armies pushing North they may have had no need to go South to these islands. It may have been able to keep a fragile balance.

Where as many of the Half breeds are from raped prisons and slaves perhaps here they coexist such that normal pairing may delevop.

So being able to judge how the population was acting is important.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 17:41:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


@ Ody

One thing you didn't include was how the population of the city was acting. Did there appear to be tension between the races. Like the Orcs acting brutish to humans and such. Or did all seem to treat each as equals showing no signs of distrust? You really could not tell. All the races though not being overly friendly were not being hostile either. You did notice whatever tension was there, it disappeared instantly once a patrol came around.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 17:46:09.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Ok.........

Well that is good. The guards have to be fearsome enough to quell troubles in the streets.

Astrid, ask about your book of golems. RP looking up stuff and ask Tann questions here to help you flesh out what you find.

Tann's tossed out lots of stuff and clues that we aren't questioning. Quiz him here! If something doesn't make sense to you ask about.

We need a plan, Cor is the party leader so hopefully Keeper will expand on his thoughts. We can play our characters as they would act but we all need to find out more.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 18:31:29.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Roan

Roan is inclined to head towards the Castle to scout around the water to find a Boat (not inclined to head into the city)

I am in the midst of doing a bunch of stuff and do not know if I will get a Post in or not ???


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 18:40:22.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.