The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: Nimu
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Raven)Hidden Corruption
Spamvertize - Amazon! (posted by t_catt11)Amazon!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> General Forum --> Q&A Threads --> Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread: TRILOGY WAR CHARACTERS
Related thread: The Trilogy War
Related thread: Need a Lady for Trilogy
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in Trilogy War Q/A
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Flipper.............

Rayne can communicate with animals (the ring), maybe she get some fish or whales to guard and guide us?

Maybe Roan could too.

Maybe find seagulls to help too?


Posted on 2015-12-06 at 14:10:29.
Edited on 2015-12-06 at 14:20:11 by Odyson

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Or....

Ulthok also has Polymorph self so he could become a whale and pull the ship. or Dragon or Roc to tow the ship from the air.

We may be able to control the weather to create a breeze to fill the sail and drive us across.

The trip might be a good time for the Clerics to pray for the spell Nap to help the mages cut the time needed to get other spells.

Roan, Lothor, Cor And Ulthok can man the ores. Xin can provid food and water once daily. Peri can lookout. Rayne and Aliya can take turns at the tiller.

Just saying..........


Posted on 2015-12-06 at 21:48:26.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Direction Sence.........

Who ever has the direction sence needs to post that they gathered their bearings and set the course. Without a compass we need to be sure before we start. If you folks feel we need a compass


I can post Ulthok using the scroll to make one. It might be a good idea.


Posted on 2015-12-07 at 19:09:02.
Edited on 2015-12-07 at 20:36:53 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


Oh sure, make the big man row...

Some things never change . . .

Avoiding a fight on the water would be a very good idea. We need a lookout - can Peri or Xin do that? or both? Keeping an eye on what might be under the waves as well as in the sky? This is also pirate territory - although they are unlikely to be headed towards the cyclops territory. Then again, maybe getting attacked by pirates would be a good way to get our hands on a bigger boat and a crew. (shhhh...Don't tell Tan I said that. He needs no ideas.)

I don't think we want to row very far. So if there is a decent way to get a wind in the sails (after a bit of training, of course) that would seem like an excellent idea. Also, I assume we have at least looked to the skies to check on the weather.


Posted on 2015-12-07 at 19:19:39.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Lothor and Rayne........

Direction Sense as a non weapon prof is held by both Rayne and Lothor. I'd say that in character they need to post about orienting themselves and perparing for the crossing.

Do you all want Ulthok to create a compass? We may have to fight a current.

If we hit bad weather then Peri can cast Control Weather.
If we need wind they maybe Aliya can use her Air Elemental Potion an become an Air Elemental to drive our sail.


Posted on 2015-12-08 at 20:37:44.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Study The Map.........

It is all guessing but looking at the map it appears that if we use Dragon Sight then by the time we lose sight of one island the other should start to appear.

We should head North by Northwest. So the Direction Sense folks need to guide us.

We can keep sending Peri up to scout too.


Posted on 2015-12-08 at 20:55:01.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Off Line..........

Tann seems to be having internet issues or PC issues. At any rate he's off line for a bit so we can still RP a bit to get crossing the water. good time for Lothor to start navigating the boat. Rayne can apply her skills too.


Posted on 2015-12-10 at 19:10:27.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


Sailing away

Lothor can certainly use his direction sense and try to captain the boat.

before I post, however, my usual collection of questions:
1. What sort of boat is it? I'm guessing we have a sail, but am not positive. I would make use of that if possible.
2. Weather - GM, this is for you, I guess. Will we need to do something to get some wind?
3. Who wants to man the oars - if we have them. Oddly, the big man may not be the best choice if he is trying to keep an eye out for things as temporary captain of the vessel. Then again, with eyes in the sky, maybe he can. But using the wind is probably better - although both might make it faster.
4. We can stay close to shore - which risks being seen and attacked by shore based creatures or pirates. Or we can go out of sight of land - which would probably have different risks. I think I'm inclined to stay near shore, but am open to suggestions.
5. To armor or not to armor? Armor = protection when something attacks us. Armor = sink like a stone. We have a lot of people wearing a lot of metal.
6. Right now we seem to be assuming that we made it to the other side of this island without incident. GM - is this a fair assessment? Should we be planning our little sailing vacation already?
7. Seven is supposed to be a lucky number so there might as well be seven questions. So, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?


Posted on 2015-12-10 at 22:52:24.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Knights Who Say Ni........

1. What sort of boat is it? I'm guessing we have a sail, but am not positive. I would make use of that if possible.
Check with Sirene, but if would have been Ulthok it would be like the picture. About the same size too.
2. Weather - GM, this is for you, I guess. Will we need to do something to get some wind?

3. Who wants to man the oars - if we have them. Oddly, the big man may not be the best choice if he is trying to keep an eye out for things as temporary captain of the vessel. Then again, with eyes in the sky, maybe he can. But using the wind is probably better - although both might make it faster. Cor, Roan and Ulthok can row, Alyia too if she wants, But the guys are all strong.
4. We can stay close to shore - which risks being seen and attacked by shore based creatures or pirates. Or we can go out of sight of land - which would probably have different risks. I think I'm inclined to stay near shore, but am open to suggestions. I think we need head out and cross the strait.
5. To armor or not to armor? Armor = protection when something attacks us. Armor = sink like a stone. We have a lot of people wearing a lot of metal. Ulthok will keep his armor.
6. Right now we seem to be assuming that we made it to the other side of this island without incident. GM - is this a fair assessment? Should we be planning our little sailing vacation already?

7. Seven is supposed to be a lucky number so there might as well be seven questions. So, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
BTW, does Lothor want the compass? It will use Ulthoks scroll.



Posted on 2015-12-11 at 21:16:28.
Edited on 2015-12-11 at 21:38:56 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


to compass or not to compass

I think it depends on the weather. If the weather is nice we should be able to use the sun to navigate as easily as a compass. If it is cloudy we (may not want to sail) may need a compass. So maybe we can save the scroll.


Posted on 2015-12-12 at 21:29:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6367 Posts


Back home

Ok going to try to post tomorrow and answer all questions asked.

Sorry for my absence


Posted on 2015-12-12 at 23:35:42.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Way Outside The Box............

Here's a wild thought. What if.... Aliya found something in her book of Golems that allowed her to turn the boat into a Golem that would sail itself. Just give it commands and it took us across the strait.

I've had too long to ponder.


Posted on 2015-12-13 at 10:33:09.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


NOW do you want to mess with time?

Normally a character or mine isn't going to bypass a slaver operation. Some things just aren't acceptable. However, in this case we have two other problems:
1. Some people in the party seem to think messing with history is a bad thing.
2. The fate of the world depends on our ability to do a different job. Getting killed on this one would seem to make the whole "saving the world" task a bit harder. Priorities?

It pains me to say it, but shouldn't we just sneak by and move on out?


Posted on 2015-12-14 at 12:05:50.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6367 Posts


Map of Mine

#70 is mine entrance #68,#69 unknown. Large squares are mountains. Party is on the East hill top.


 photo e62261b3-2a5a-4f6e-a9ee-3f27a288e452_zpsjezl3i21.jpg


Posted on 2015-12-14 at 13:03:20.
Edited on 2015-12-14 at 13:06:29 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Move on

The mine has no impact on our mission. As Nomad pointed out we have "no messing with the past" folks in the party and there is no benefit to our mission to get back home to be gained from going into the mine. We should move along.


Posted on 2015-12-15 at 00:02:55.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.