We do need to move. There is no need for us to be a sitting target. They know about where we are, but not exactly, so there is a chance that their eye spells might miss even if they are area of effect.
Do we have any area of effect spells left? They probably aren't grouped much, but perhaps if we move we can group them in some way. Maybe Tann's map will tell us something.
Lothor can literally do nothing right now besides cheerlead. But he has the pompoms ready!
Tann - do we still get Talca and the other "dropped" characters through this combat? I'd be willing to post for them.
Sirene posted a good attack and then said we needed to run. That makes sense to me. But we need to know where we are running to. These guys are fast, so it doesn't seem like we can outrun them. The goal is just to allow the veil spell to continue to conceal our true location. If they don't know our exact spot they might miss with their spells. I suspect that we want to launch our attacks - and then more. (Assuming this is possible - I guess I'm not sure about range on the spells, but the bows should be able to shoot before the beholders are within range.
So which way do we go?
1. Straight towards them. That would probably surprise them. But also put us dangerously close. It might open up spell attacks of our own as well if range is an issue. But remember they explode when they die.
2. Straight away from them. It continues to lengthen the range and might extend by a turn the time it takes the last two to arrive. Is it the most predictable? If we run straight back and they blast away at our last known location, if they know it, will they still hit us?
3. To the left. This seems to move us towards the late comers. Is that bad?
4. To the right? This seems to move us away from the late comers and away from the direct shot. But it might be the most predictable move.
I tend to favor #4.
I will post for Lothor and Talca later today. I'll probably pick a direction if nobody else speaks up because we need to give Tann some guidance.
Also, We need to make sure we post for all of the characters. Which other currently unplayed characters need to be posted? As I said, I'll cover Talca.
I looked at Roan and he doesn't seem to have great distance attacks. There is no magical bow. The only spell that seems great is blade barrier, but I think he'd save that for a better time. I'm leaning towards the ring of the ram.
Should we assume Sirene's spell succeeds?
Ody - I'll let you poste for Valene. You seem to know that character.
Ok, I've been sick with the flu - that is my excuse for not posting for the others. But I will try to get things posted again soon. But it might still be day or so.
As for the game - I'm assuming that for now we target the beholders and take a 'wait and see' stance with the ice. What else can we do? It will be interesting to see if the beholders react to the movement.
Tann- the giant thing in the ice. How giant is it? How big is the ice? How large is the motion? Also, by any chance would Talca recognize if it were the size of, say, a cyclops? Or is it much bigger than that? (Which is my impression at the moment.)
With the flu finally behind me, I hope, I have managed to get up a post or two. Three, actually. I posted for Lothor and Talca like last time. I also posted for Roan this time.
Two things to note:
1. Valene is also with the party, but not doing much. Does someone else want to post for her?
2. I had Lothor post that we would change our direction of movement to directly away from the ice mountain. I did this for two reasons. First, it seemed like a change of direction might make best use of the veil spell. Second, moving away from the ice doesn't seem like a bad idea. Whatever is in there is huge and ice chunks Tann described as weighing "tons" are falling off. Having one of those land on your toes doesn't sound like a good idea. If anyone disagrees with this idea, please speak up!